Bleh-Eyes Fusion Monsters (Red-Eyes)

Sluggaholic

hFBQ4G6.jpg

"Red-Eyes Ultimate Dragon"

DARK - Level 11 - Dragon-type (Fusion) Monster

3 Level 7 or higher "Red-Eyes" monsters

Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned any other way. Once per turn, during either player's turn: you can Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your Graveyard. This card gains 300 ATK for every "Red-Eyes" card in your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: you can add as many "Red-Eyes" cards as possible that are banished to your Graveyard, then add 1 "Red-Eyes" card (except "Red-Eyes Ultimate Dragon") from your Graveyard, field, or Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Red-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" once per turn. 

ATK 3900/DEF 3300

- - - - -

So, in lieu of happening upon this picture, I decided "ya know what, let me just make a better version of "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" but for an undersupported archetype of mediocre cards that's just kinda a Monster Reborn beatstick.

oh yeah, and it searches.

UTJ8hsV.jpg

"Dragon Master Sage"

DARK - Level 12 - Dragon-type (Fusion) Monster

"Dark Paladin" or any Level 7 or higher "Dark Magician" monster + "Red-Eyes Ultimate Dragon"

This card cannot be Summoned except by Fusion Summon. This card can declare attacks on monsters three times per Battle Phase, and cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is targeted by a card effect: negate the effect, and if you do, this card gains 500 ATK. During either player's turn when a Spell Card is activated: negate the activation and destroy that card, then draw 1 card. You can only activate each effect of "Dragon Master Sage" once per turn.

ATK 4500/DEF 4500

- - - - -

Oh, and a better Dragon Master Knight, too, but with less ATK. And no burn. Wooo

REUD: You indicated in the summoning condition that it requires 3 or more Level 7 or higher "Red-Eyes" monsters, which "Red-Eyes Black Chick" is not, so it's unnecessary. Also, it's been renamed, so we don't need that except clause anymore. That "Must first be Fusion Summoned" is also pretty unnecessary, and could probably be scrapped. Anyway, theme I'm seeing here, send 2 "Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon" to the Graveyard along with a "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" revive the latter with this during the opponent's turn, then revive both of the former with the 2 for a Rank 7. Honestly, it's looking pretty busted, because even if you can't do that play, and this thing gets destroyed, you can at the very least return your Darkness to the hand, summon it, then revive this, then get another "Red-Eyes" monster. Maybe tone it down just a bit.

Dragon Master Sage: Too ridiculously overpower for how easy it is to get out. Seriously, just use "Gale Dogra" send "REUD" and "Dark Paladin" to the Graveyard, activate "Dragon's Mirror" congratulations, your opponent can no longer play YuGiOh, unless they have a Kaiju, or some way to make Trishula. There are also some other plays, but I'll just leave it at that for now. I guess since you can't choose which Spell to negate, meaning against Pendulum Decks, it's actually kind of useful if they want certain cards in their extra deck, it's still kind of a pain. It's not destructible by card effect twice, and seeing as it can't be targeted, that's actually kind of irrelevant, since the only non-targeting destruction effects commonly run are "Raigeki" or "Dark Hole". Honestly, tone it down a bit, letting it be summonable by Dragon's Mirror, and have it work as a card that can be used decently in a tag duel with DM would be a lot better in my opinion. Make the spell negation actually have a cost, like shuffling a Red-Eyes from the Graveyard into the Deck, also an unrestricted three attacks during the battle phase is way too many, unless they are on a card with weaker ATK, like the Chimeratech Fusion. Maybe make it 3 attack on monsters.

I agree with leaf on this one, these card's effects need to be properly restricted, also they are all over the place a bit. Although leaf pointed out a very easy way of Summoning Dragon Master Sage, I instantly thought about Timeaus when reading its Materials. Just have a Dark Magician on field and you can Summon Dragon Master Sage without even using REUD, which is a big loophole.

To @leafbladie: I see no need to tone down REUD, as, though it's indeed a large beatstick, the ability for just about any meta deck to get rid of a monster with no protection, usually in-archetype, is ridiculously easy. I can't name a currently meta Deck that can't deal with this card with great ease, either by Casteling it, banishing it (ABC), or by Arking it. The add back ability will indeed benefit you, but you most likely aren't going to get to prosper off of its effects unless you bring out 2 in a turn, and if you do, you deserve a serious reward, as the easiest way to bring this out is with RE-Fusion, which wouldn't even allow you to actually use its effect that turn. Though, I did decide letting you bring it back with something like CoTH would be pretty cheese, so I made it so that you cannot Special Summon this card any way, but by Fusion Summon, so I guess that's /kind of/ a restriction.

But honestly, I fear that you're letting what could happen shroud out what will most likely happen. Either of Red-Eyes's other Fusion Monsters are a better first turn play, and unless you Dragon's Mirror this guy, you aren't going to be able to make the most out of REUD. Unless you run Poly in your build of RE.

Before I edited Dragon Master Sage, yeah, it was pretty damn good. I was under the impression, however, that bringing this thing out would actually be difficult. However, as you mentioned, yes, you can indeed use that combo to bring it out. But wasting 6000 LP on a card that's not going to have any protection, sans from something like Castel or ABC buster, and has OPT Spell Card negation is going to backfire on you hard when you get Raigeki'd, Dark Hole'd, or Mirror Force'd. And if, somehow, you bring this thing out legit with something like Polymerization, you deserve to be rewarded. Though, with how you can also just use vanilla Dark Magician, I did realize it needed some serious retraining. So, yes, I did nerf it, as having 3 attacks in general for how easy it is to bring out is ridiculous, especially with its ATK stat. It can no longer protect itself from general destruction, though you can't beat it over in battle, or target it OPT.

Archived