Akedian Archetype (11/11)

Atypical-Abbie

Akedian is an Archetype of Warrior and Fairy-Type LIGHT Level 4, 8 and 12 Pendulum Monsters and Ritual Monsters. They focus on Pendulum and Ritual Summoning, and in general combining them. Their Ritual Monsters are all Pendulum Monsters as well. To clarify, you cannot Pendulum Summon them from your hand, but if you Ritual Summon them first, then they go to the Extra Deck you can, plus they have an effect that allows you to Pendulum Summon them if there is an Akedian in your Pendulum Zone.

They have two sub-Archetypes, Akedian Paladin for the Warrior-Types and Akedian Lord for the Fairy-Types. Akedian comes from the word Akedah, which is a Hebrew term, coming from the Binding of Isaac, hence the Tributing for the Ritual Summon, however the cards themselves are not based on that.

Pendulum Monsters:

Akedian Paladin of Faith
Warrior-Type/LIGHT/Pendulum
Level 4
Scale 3
Pendulum Effect:
When this card this card is activated, if you control an "Akedian" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can add 1 "Akedian" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Akedian Paladin of Faith". If you control an "Akedian" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale become 9 until the end of this turn, but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Akedian" monsters for the rest of the turn. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Paladin of Faith" once per turn.

Monster Effect:
When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can add 1 face-up "Akedian" Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck to your hand, except "Akedian Paladin of Faith". You can only use this effect of "Akedian Paladin of Faith" once per turn. If you control a Ritual monster, all "Akedian Paladin" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF.
1800/1500

Akedian Paladin of Spirituality
Level 4
Scale 5
Pendulum Effect:
When this card this card is activated, if you control an "Akedian" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can add 1 "Akedian" Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If you control an "Akedian" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale become 9 until the end of this turn, but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Akedian" monsters for the rest of the turn. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Paladin of Spirituality" once per turn.

Monster Effect:
When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can target 1 "Akedian" card in your Graveyard, except "Akedian Paladin of Spirituality"; add that target to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Akedian Paladin of Spirituality" once per turn. If you control a Ritual Monster, all "Akedian Paladin" monsters you control can attack your opponent directly, but any battle damage they inflict to your opponent is halved. 
1500/1800

Akedian Paladin of Determination
Level 4
Scale 3
Pendulum Effect:
During either player's turn: You can target 1 other "Akedian" card you control; return that target to your hand, and if you do, "Akedian" cards in your Pendulum Zones cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects until the end of this turn. If you control an "Akedian" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale become 9 until the end of this turn, but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Akedian" monsters for the rest of the turn. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Paladin of Determination" once per turn.

Monster Effect:
When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; return that target to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Akedian Paladin of Determination" once per turn. If you control a Ritual Monster, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the effect of an "Akedian Paladin" monster you control.
1700/1600

Akedian Paladin of Hopefulness
Level 4
Scale 5
Pendulum Effect:
During either player's turn: You can target 1 Pendulum Monster you control; until the end of this turn, switch its ATK and DEF. If you control an "Akedian" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale become 9 until the end of this turn, but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Akedian" monsters for the rest of the turn. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Paladin of Hopefulness" once per turn.

Monster Effects:
When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Akedian Paladin Token" (Warrior-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/1000 ATK/1000 DEF). That Token cannot be Tributed, except for the Ritual Summon of a Ritual Monster. You can only use this effect fo "Akedian Paladin of Hopefulness" once per turn. If you control a Ritual Monster, all "Akedian Paladin" monsters you control cannot be targeted for an attack.
1300/2000

Ritual Monsters:

Akedian Lord of Enforcement
Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Ritual/Pendulum
Level 8
Scale 3
Pendulum Effect:
When this card is activated, if there are no cards in your other Pendulum Zone: You can destroy this card, and if you do, place 1 "Akedian" Pendulum Monster from your Deck in this card's Pendulum Zone. If you control an "Akedian" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale become 9 until the end of this turn, but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Akedian" monsters for the rest of the turn. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Lord of Enforcement" once per turn.

Monster Effect:
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Akedian" Ritual Spell Card. If you control an "Akedian" card in your Pendulum Zone, this card can be Pendulum Summoned from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can banish up to 5 cards in your opponent's Graveyard, and if you do, all monsters your opponent control lose 200 ATK and DEF for each card you banished. You can target 1 Ritual Spell Card in your Graveyard and 1 card your opponent control; shuffle the first target into the Deck, and if you do, return the second target to the hand. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Lord of Enforcement" once per turn.
2700/1500

Akedian Lord of Holiness
Level 8
Scale 5
Pendulum Effect:
If you control a Ritual Monster: You can Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone, ignoring its Summoning conditions, but it is destroyed during the End Phase. If you control an "Akedian" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale become 9 until the end of this turn, but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Akedian" monsters for the rest of the turn. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Lord of Holiness" once per turn.

Monster Effect:
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Akedian" Ritual Spell Card. If you control an "Akedian" card in your Pendulum Zone, this card can be Pendulum Summoned from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, add 1 excavated "Akedian" monster to your hand, also, after that, send the rest to the Graveyard. During either player's turn, when an "Akedian" monster(s) you control is targeted by your opponent's card effect: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Lord of Holiness" once per turn.
1500/2700  

Akedian Lord of Divinity
Level 12
Scale 3
Pendulum Effect:
When this card is activated: You can make the Pendulum Scale in your other Pendulum Zone become 9 until the end of this turn, but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Akedian" monsters for the rest of this turn. During your Main Phase, if you Ritual Summoned an "Akedian Lord" Ritual Monster this turn: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale become 13 until the end of this turn. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Lord of Divinity" once per turn.

Monster Effect:
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Akedian" Ritual Spell Card. If you control an "Akedian" card in your Pendulum Zone, this card can be Pendulum Summoned from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can destroy all non-Ritual Monsters on the field, also other monsters you control cannot attack for the rest of the turn. During either player's turn: You can inflict 1000 damage to your opponent, and if you do, return this card to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Lord of Divinity" once per turn.
3000/2500

Akedian Lord of Creation
Level 12
Scale 5
Pendulum Effect:
When you Pendulum Summon an "Akedian" monster(s): You can return this card to your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. During your Main Phase, if you Ritual Summoned an "Akedian Lord" Ritual Monster this turn: You can make this card's Pendulum Scale become 13 until the end of this turn. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Lord of Creation" once per turn.

Monster Effect:
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Akedian" Ritual Spell Card. If you control an "Akedian" card in your Pendulum Zone, this card can be Pendulum Summoned from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can gain LP equal to the number of face-up Pendulum Monsters in your Extra Deck x 500. During your Main Phase, if you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "Akedian" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only use each effect of "Akedian Lord of Creation" once per turn.

2500/3000

Ritual Spell Cards:

Akedian Pendulum Ceremony  
Ritual Spell Card
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Akedian Lord" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. You can also treat the Levels of Pendulum Summoned monsters you control as double.

Akedian Perpetual Ceremony 
Ritual Spell Card

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Akedian Lord" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. If you Pendulum Summon an "Akedian" monster: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Akedian Perpetual Ceremony" once per turn.

Akedian Divine Ceremony
Ritual Spell Card

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Akedian Lord" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. If you Tributed a Ritual Monster, the Ritual Summoned monster cannot be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effects.

• 2 weeks later...

My goodness, you sure we don't share a brain? B'cause LIGHT Fairies working with another type for the sake of (literal, in my case) field presence and a deep connection to religious roots is something I've handled before with the Maedas-RIGHT. FORGOT NO AD LIBBING. TO THE REVIEW THEN. 

[spoiler=Akedian Monster Review]
Pendulum Monsters:

Akedian Paladin of Faith
Level 4
Scale 3
1800/1500

Yu-Gi-Oh!'s most supported Level coming through! On a Pendulum, even. Alright, let's start. 

First off, your first two first two words on both this card this card and the Paladin of Spiritually are kinda kinda on a track skip track skip. (hue hue). But when it makes the second Pendulum Scale in an Akedian set, it searches out another Akedian card. NICE. And it goes up to 9, at the cost of a one-turn-long xenophobia clause. Seems legit, so 3 of already-AND I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN TO THE MONSTER EFFECT!!

Speaking of which, I may need to know if that Ritual Monster stat boost effect accumulates, because if so, your entire Akedian frontline getting up to 2800 on two copies of this Deck and Extra Deck retriever alone brings nightmares of Ravenous Tarantula running through my head. So..yeah. Paladin of Faith is legit, and can easily +2 you in the right situation, which is most of the time. S'like Metalfoes Counter on legs. Do kinda need it a tad though, considering what this is supposed to bring out (Rituals), but still, holy smoking shisznos. (Watch Red vs. Blue, you'll understand.)

Level 4
Scale 5
ATK 1500/ DEF 1800

Does the same thing as Paladin of Faith from the Pendulum Standpoint, but this time it gets Ritual Spells. Well, now I may not have to competely waste space putting in Manju of the Ten Thousan-yeah couldn't do that with a straight face. 3 of both, MINIMUM. AGAIN. 

And the Paladin of Spirituality also Graveyard retrieves, as well as pipelines direct attacks at half the damage. Again, like I said to Sakura on that ZPD archetype I effectively wrote a love letter to, attacking directly is something most decks should not take up this lightly, even with the prescence of Titanic Galaxy.  Even at half mast, ramming copies of this, a Ritual, and the Paladin of Faith-which you can easily get up to the field and keep there, because Pendulum-can easily cause OTKs, especially attached to yet another potentially +2ing body that doesn't take up the Normal Summon to pull off. Just saying to think about it. Have to look at the other cards here. 

Speaking of which...

Level 4
Scale 3
1700/1600

Lets see what our Paladin of Undertale's Central Plot Device can do...vacuums away Scales (let's be real, unless the other Akedian cards have bounce triggers, you're likely going for a Scale) for Pendulum Call-level protection for a turn, bounces backrow on Pendulum Summon (hello, tutoring and Call of the Haunted reuseability) and lets your effects trigger at the poor man's Spell Speed 4 when controlling a Ritual. Really nice, but again, since Pendulum, I may not need more than 1 in the Deck, because I can still tutor and Summon it at will. But a hard 1, though-that usability of effects is too good to pass up, and field protection can make and break decks-see Cloudi Hazy Fla Majes Kozmos. 

Moving on.

Level 4
Scale 5
1300/2000

Pretty sure that Mayosenju Daibak and Amorphage Goliath just had a cardiac at the Pendulum effect. Pretty sure it'll be bigger when paired with a couple of Rituals and Paladins of Faith on the field, 
And of course, the common Scale-to 9 effect reigns again here. 

Expediting the Pendulum Summon to forward Ritual Plays is nice though. Plus the token can be used to pull off any destruction triggers, in case you're thinking of running this with everyone's favorite super compatible Pendulum set, the Metalfoes.

And attacking immunity? Eh, feel that in this case, your opponent goes for the biggest threats first anyways: like, unless it's some Apoqlifort-level threat, this contingency may not be as stable as you'd think. Good on the Paladin of Hopefulness tho. Keeps it safe a bit. For the Token Summoning alone, I'd go with two-not enough to brick hard, just enough to search around the Pot of Desires that'll most likely go into this deck since it tutors up everything. Well, them and Manju.

[spoiler=Akedian Ritual Monster Review]
Ritual Monsters:

Level 8
Scale 3
2700/1500

NICE. Pendulum Rituals. One that can replace itself with another suitable Akedian scale.  And now the scale of 9 makes sense, allowing you to Ritual Summon it, and if it gets smoked, Pend Summon it back later. So now that that explanation's been granted on to the reverse Schuberta the Melodious Maesta Akedian Lord of Enforcement Monster ability.

Well, it's effectively what I said in the strike through. Banishes 5 from the opponent's grave, knocks down your opponent's monsters by up to 1000 both ways, and recycles Ritual Spells to bounce. Sorta also reminds me a little of Metalfoes Mythriel, being the crucial element in the Deck since this is the only Akedian Ritual that can bounce back the Ritual Spells. So this is an easy 3 of-even without that Ritual Summoning effect, it recycles Spells for profit, can swerve its own Summoning requirements with the proper Scales, and go hard against Gravetrigger decks-not as fast as I'd prefer for a Level 8, but gift horses, mouths, yada yada yada.  

Akedian Lord of Holiness
Level 8
Scale 5
1500/2700  

Ah, the "one good turn deserves another Ritual. This 1 card, I can actually see in other Ritual Decks, for the sheer field prescence. And why not? Even with the paltry ATK, Summoning out a Lev 6 Cyber Angel with Idaten as the Tribute (don't know why if you have Benten, but work with me here) can give it 2500 easy, or it can serve as a 1 card tribute for Dakini.

Within the Archetype it's ACTUALLY in, however, Akedian Lord of Holiness can add more Akedians to the hand and protect from targeting. If not for the next two Rituals, I'd say go for 1 because of the chance of brickery running wild, but this can serve as a nice way to pipeline into Level 12s you like. Maybe a dry run with the Herald of Ultimateness is in order? Eh? EEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH okay I'll stop that now. Would like something that works on Tributing though but really I've talked about that horse before, so let's move to the next one. 

Akedian Lord of Divinity
Level 12
Scale 3
3000/2500

This card...is a tad weird. Normally I'm not usually kosher with a card that goes beyond the established parameters of a card set. 13-high Scales is one of them-its like a Rank 13 Xyz Monster WHICH ALSO EXISTS even if it's in the anime and/or Boss Duels. But I do like the ability this scale realignment tries to expedite-to Pendulum Summon this card. Maybe make it a Level 8 while face-up in the Extra Deck instead? Since the purpose of it is to bring this card back upon destruction via Pend Summon. 

But to the effect. Another thing I don't normally suggest is for an aiblity ot be stronger, but as a Level 12 Ritual Pendulum, this may call for serious measures. So let the Lord of Divinity nuke away all face-up or face-down cards on the entire field, itself not included. You can rebuild the Scales to get back your monsters, but the non-attacking clause should keep that in check.

The real caveat, however, is the 1K damage bounce. This can easily serve as a point of torture to your opponent, skating around stuff like ABC-Dragon Buster. That's great. I only suggest one of the Level 12 Rituals you have here handle backrow more ferociously than the simple bouncing than the Paladin of Determination does. Hard removal's justfied when the Levels are this high, is all I say. Still a solid 2-of.

Akedian Lord of Creation
Level 12
Scale 5
2500/3000

Bounces to draw in the Scales, allows you the ability to Pend Summon it-see the Lord of Divinity for my suggestions on that front-and gives you a potentially bountiful LP boost. Plus monster Summoning when it's all alone. Pity most of the Akedians wont get their effects off, but their accompanying Ritual effects can help to recover a busted field. Lord of Creation might be a 2 of though, since I can bring it back at will and its main power comes off a near empty field. Most of the reason for having two is that drawing bounce-with one in the Scales to boost your hand, and the other on standby in the hand to help restore a broken field.

Perhaps this one may warrant an effect upgrade too-probably to bring out a LIGHT Pendulum Monster from the Extra Deck? I know, spinning my wheels here, but again, for a Level 12, feels a tad underwhelming-especially considering the xenophobia otherwise present in the Akedian Summoning strategies. Make of this what you will. 

[spoiler=Akedian Spell Review]
Ritual Spell Cards:

Ritual Spell Card

You can also treat the Levels of Pendulum Summoned monsters you control as twice their original Levels.

Small OCG fix. Now let's continue. 

Basic Ritual Spell with added caveat is basic. That it doubles the Level of all Pendulum Summoned monsters means a well placed Paladin of Hopefulness can bring out ANY of the Akedian monsters. Good thing I recommended two. One's now going to making this card live. 1 of, though-I don't wanna brick too hard here. 

NEXT.

Ritual Spell Card

Another basic Ritual Spell, but this one bounces ON Pendulum Summoning, so 2 of easy. Might just Foolish Burial of Belongings it into the Grave to reward the eventual Pendulum Summoning I'll be doing/keep it out the way of a Pot of Desires play. 

Akedian Divine Ceremony
Ritual Spell Card

Ah. So this is what the Tributing of Ritual Monsters gets you in this deck. Borderline protection. Does seem nice, but as Melodious has shown us, this can easily be outpaced, even if this goes on an Akedian Lord of Holiness. So I limit this to 1. Other than this though, the Spells seem fine though. Nothing to write home about, but that's probably for the best-here, the monsters carry the show, not the spell that brings them out. S'sorta like the difference between Shadolls and Eidolons. Which I both happen to like, so good on you.

In short: Monsters are great, half the Rituals are unique but underpowered, the Spell are generic but workable, and the Archetype is an okay first dive into Ritual Pendulums. 

BDS, signing off.

My goodness, you sure we don't share a brain? B'cause LIGHT Fairies working with another type for the sake of (literal, in my case) field presence and a deep connection to religious roots is something I've handled before with the Maedas-RIGHT. FORGOT NO AD LIBBING. TO THE REVIEW THEN. 

[spoiler=Akedian Monster Review]
Pendulum Monsters:

Akedian Paladin of Faith
Level 4
Scale 3
1800/1500

Yu-Gi-Oh!'s most supported Level coming through! On a Pendulum, even. Alright, let's start. 

First off, your first two first two words on both this card this card and the Paladin of Spiritually are kinda kinda on a track skip track skip. (hue hue). But when it makes the second Pendulum Scale in an Akedian set, it searches out another Akedian card. NICE. And it goes up to 9, at the cost of a one-turn-long xenophobia clause. Seems legit, so 3 of already-AND I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN TO THE MONSTER EFFECT!!

Speaking of which, I may need to know if that Ritual Monster stat boost effect accumulates, because if so, your entire Akedian frontline getting up to 2800 on two copies of this Deck and Extra Deck retriever alone brings nightmares of Ravenous Tarantula running through my head. So..yeah. Paladin of Faith is legit, and can easily +2 you in the right situation, which is most of the time. S'like Metalfoes Counter on legs. Do kinda need it a tad though, considering what this is supposed to bring out (Rituals), but still, holy smoking shisznos. (Watch Red vs. Blue, you'll understand.)

Level 4
Scale 5
ATK 1500/ DEF 1800

Does the same thing as Paladin of Faith from the Pendulum Standpoint, but this time it gets Ritual Spells. Well, now I may not have to competely waste space putting in Manju of the Ten Thousan-yeah couldn't do that with a straight face. 3 of both, MINIMUM. AGAIN. 

And the Paladin of Spirituality also Graveyard retrieves, as well as pipelines direct attacks at half the damage. Again, like I said to Sakura on that ZPD archetype I effectively wrote a love letter to, attacking directly is something most decks should not take up this lightly, even with the prescence of Titanic Galaxy.  Even at half mast, ramming copies of this, a Ritual, and the Paladin of Faith-which you can easily get up to the field and keep there, because Pendulum-can easily cause OTKs, especially attached to yet another potentially +2ing body that doesn't take up the Normal Summon to pull off. Just saying to think about it. Have to look at the other cards here. 

Speaking of which...

Level 4
Scale 3
1700/1600

Lets see what our Paladin of Undertale's Central Plot Device can do...vacuums away Scales (let's be real, unless the other Akedian cards have bounce triggers, you're likely going for a Scale) for Pendulum Call-level protection for a turn, bounces backrow on Pendulum Summon (hello, tutoring and Call of the Haunted reuseability) and lets your effects trigger at the poor man's Spell Speed 4 when controlling a Ritual. Really nice, but again, since Pendulum, I may not need more than 1 in the Deck, because I can still tutor and Summon it at will. But a hard 1, though-that usability of effects is too good to pass up, and field protection can make and break decks-see Cloudi Hazy Fla Majes Kozmos. 

Moving on.

Level 4
Scale 5
1300/2000

Pretty sure that Mayosenju Daibak and Amorphage Goliath just had a cardiac at the Pendulum effect. Pretty sure it'll be bigger when paired with a couple of Rituals and Paladins of Faith on the field, 
And of course, the common Scale-to 9 effect reigns again here. 

Expediting the Pendulum Summon to forward Ritual Plays is nice though. Plus the token can be used to pull off any destruction triggers, in case you're thinking of running this with everyone's favorite super compatible Pendulum set, the Metalfoes.

And attacking immunity? Eh, feel that in this case, your opponent goes for the biggest threats first anyways: like, unless it's some Apoqlifort-level threat, this contingency may not be as stable as you'd think. Good on the Paladin of Hopefulness tho. Keeps it safe a bit. For the Token Summoning alone, I'd go with two-not enough to brick hard, just enough to search around the Pot of Desires that'll most likely go into this deck since it tutors up everything. Well, them and Manju.

[spoiler=Akedian Ritual Monster Review]
Ritual Monsters:

Level 8
Scale 3
2700/1500

NICE. Pendulum Rituals. One that can replace itself with another suitable Akedian scale.  And now the scale of 9 makes sense, allowing you to Ritual Summon it, and if it gets smoked, Pend Summon it back later. So now that that explanation's been granted on to the reverse Schuberta the Melodious Maesta Akedian Lord of Enforcement Monster ability.

Well, it's effectively what I said in the strike through. Banishes 5 from the opponent's grave, knocks down your opponent's monsters by up to 1000 both ways, and recycles Ritual Spells to bounce. Sorta also reminds me a little of Metalfoes Mythriel, being the crucial element in the Deck since this is the only Akedian Ritual that can bounce back the Ritual Spells. So this is an easy 3 of-even without that Ritual Summoning effect, it recycles Spells for profit, can swerve its own Summoning requirements with the proper Scales, and go hard against Gravetrigger decks-not as fast as I'd prefer for a Level 8, but gift horses, mouths, yada yada yada.  

Akedian Lord of Holiness
Level 8
Scale 5
1500/2700  

Ah, the "one good turn deserves another Ritual. This 1 card, I can actually see in other Ritual Decks, for the sheer field prescence. And why not? Even with the paltry ATK, Summoning out a Lev 6 Cyber Angel with Idaten as the Tribute (don't know why if you have Benten, but work with me here) can give it 2500 easy, or it can serve as a 1 card tribute for Dakini.

Within the Archetype it's ACTUALLY in, however, Akedian Lord of Holiness can add more Akedians to the hand and protect from targeting. If not for the next two Rituals, I'd say go for 1 because of the chance of brickery running wild, but this can serve as a nice way to pipeline into Level 12s you like. Maybe a dry run with the Herald of Ultimateness is in order? Eh? EEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH okay I'll stop that now. Would like something that works on Tributing though but really I've talked about that horse before, so let's move to the next one. 

Akedian Lord of Divinity
Level 12
Scale 3
3000/2500

This card...is a tad weird. Normally I'm not usually kosher with a card that goes beyond the established parameters of a card set. 13-high Scales is one of them-its like a Rank 13 Xyz Monster WHICH ALSO EXISTS even if it's in the anime and/or Boss Duels. But I do like the ability this scale realignment tries to expedite-to Pendulum Summon this card. Maybe make it a Level 8 while face-up in the Extra Deck instead? Since the purpose of it is to bring this card back upon destruction via Pend Summon. 

But to the effect. Another thing I don't normally suggest is for an aiblity ot be stronger, but as a Level 12 Ritual Pendulum, this may call for serious measures. So let the Lord of Divinity nuke away all face-up or face-down cards on the entire field, itself not included. You can rebuild the Scales to get back your monsters, but the non-attacking clause should keep that in check.

The real caveat, however, is the 1K damage bounce. This can easily serve as a point of torture to your opponent, skating around stuff like ABC-Dragon Buster. That's great. I only suggest one of the Level 12 Rituals you have here handle backrow more ferociously than the simple bouncing than the Paladin of Determination does. Hard removal's justfied when the Levels are this high, is all I say. Still a solid 2-of.

Akedian Lord of Creation
Level 12
Scale 5
2500/3000

Bounces to draw in the Scales, allows you the ability to Pend Summon it-see the Lord of Divinity for my suggestions on that front-and gives you a potentially bountiful LP boost. Plus monster Summoning when it's all alone. Pity most of the Akedians wont get their effects off, but their accompanying Ritual effects can help to recover a busted field. Lord of Creation might be a 2 of though, since I can bring it back at will and its main power comes off a near empty field. Most of the reason for having two is that drawing bounce-with one in the Scales to boost your hand, and the other on standby in the hand to help restore a broken field.

Perhaps this one may warrant an effect upgrade too-probably to bring out a LIGHT Pendulum Monster from the Extra Deck? I know, spinning my wheels here, but again, for a Level 12, feels a tad underwhelming-especially considering the xenophobia otherwise present in the Akedian Summoning strategies. Make of this what you will. 

[spoiler=Akedian Spell Review]
Ritual Spell Cards:

Ritual Spell Card

You can also treat the Levels of Pendulum Summoned monsters you control as twice their original Levels.

Small OCG fix. Now let's continue. 

Basic Ritual Spell with added caveat is basic. That it doubles the Level of all Pendulum Summoned monsters means a well placed Paladin of Hopefulness can bring out ANY of the Akedian monsters. Good thing I recommended two. One's now going to making this card live. 1 of, though-I don't wanna brick too hard here. 

NEXT.

Ritual Spell Card

Another basic Ritual Spell, but this one bounces ON Pendulum Summoning, so 2 of easy. Might just Foolish Burial of Belongings it into the Grave to reward the eventual Pendulum Summoning I'll be doing/keep it out the way of a Pot of Desires play. 

Akedian Divine Ceremony
Ritual Spell Card

Ah. So this is what the Tributing of Ritual Monsters gets you in this deck. Borderline protection. Does seem nice, but as Melodious has shown us, this can easily be outpaced, even if this goes on an Akedian Lord of Holiness. So I limit this to 1. Other than this though, the Spells seem fine though. Nothing to write home about, but that's probably for the best-here, the monsters carry the show, not the spell that brings them out. S'sorta like the difference between Shadolls and Eidolons. Which I both happen to like, so good on you.

In short: Monsters are great, half the Rituals are unique but underpowered, the Spell are generic but workable, and the Archetype is an okay first dive into Ritual Pendulums. 

BDS, signing off.

Faith, no it only boosts by 500, having more monsters won't increase them any more than that.

Archived