[LEADERBOARD] Catman Vs. Sad Quasar (Voting)

CatmanDaGamer

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply
  • The one with the most votes by the deadline wins.
  • All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
  • Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why.
  • Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
  • Cards must be PM'd to me.
  • Written cards are allowed.
  • Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
  • In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

• The deadline for posting cards is approximately 48 hours after a topic has been decided.
  • The deadline for voting for cards is approximately 96 hours after both cards have been created and posted.

Rewards:

• The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

• A Level 6 WIND Synchro Monster

[spoiler=Card A]Speedroid Flying Plane
WIND - Level 6 - Scale 4 - Machine/Synchro/Pendulum/Effect - 2200/0
Pendulum: You can send 1 Tuner and 1 non-Tuner WIND monster from your hand and/or face-up from your field to the Graveyard whose total Levels equal 6; Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone. You can only use this effect of "Speedroid Flying Plane" once per turn.
Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WIND monsters
 If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone. You can only activate 1 of the following effects of "Speedroid Flying Plane" per turn, and only once that turn.
● If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Speedroid" card from your Pendulum Zone, except "Speedroid Flying Plane".
● If this card is sent face-up to the Extra Deck for the Synchro Summon of a WIND Synchro Monster: You can add 1 Level 3 or lower WIND monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Card B]Fu, Phoenix of Gales
WIND - Level 6 - Winged-Beast/Synchro/Effect - 0/1000
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card’s ATK equals 0, then this card cannot be destroyed by battle. This card gains 1 Gale Counter for every 300 LP inflicted to you (max. 8). You can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 FIRE or WIND Synchro monster with 2500 or lower ATK from your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the amount of counters this card had. You can only activate this effect of “Fu, Phoenix of Gales” once per turn. Once per turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Tuner monster from your hand or Graveyard.

Card A's Pendulum effect is a slight buff of the Fast Dragon Summoning effect, which allows for easy recycling in the event the card is destroyed. And by slight, I mean a big buff, because not only does this effect along with the Summoning Conditions not require a Speedroid, it is only restricted to wind, which allows a little splashing, but not too much. I dunno about the first monster effect, as there are only 2 MD Speedroids at present. On the plus side, it allows you to bring out either one of them or this card OR Fast Dragon if you don't want to Summon them, and that isn't too bad. My only concern is for Pendulum expansion in the future for Speedroids, but for the now it's fine. The into the Extra Deck effect is great when combined with the not so great searching within the archetype outside of Terrortop (And this can search terrortop, yay) and the SHOPT on both effects does nerf it a little, but so far not a bad card.

Card B is a generic battle wall, which seems interesting. I assume the counter placement happens regardless of how you lose the LP, but just that you lose it. While the Synchro monster Summoning effect isn't bad as such, it seems to need to be late game in order to work. The OPT on banishing it from the Graveyard is redundant as normal OPT reset upon changing location, and it doesn't really provide much in terms of speed. This card seems like a middle/late game card, but there are other options such as dante if I have 2 Level 3s, and I don't really see a deck that can pull this without something better.

Voting for Card A, as, although it's not fabulous, it does its job and significantly buffs SR Pendulums, and Card B has little power.

Card A is basically a Meteorburst Dragon for Speedroids when summoned, although it's limited to Passinglider and Domino Butterfly at this time. Scale is slightly awkward (Scale 4 is generally like that anyway), but stuff like Double Yo-Yo needs to be NS'd anyway so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Speaking of Butterfly, I suppose you could set that card in the Scale, Synchro Summon this, get Butterfly and Crystal Wing right away. The searching effect is fine.

The Pendulum effect is pretty much a copy/paste of Fast Dragon; granted, SRs don't really have options to retrieve it from the P-Zone, but I think it could've done more besides just SSing itself from there.

--------

Card B is really weak in terms of stats (yeah, it cannot die in battle while it has no ATK) and requires that you take a fair bit of damage to really get the most out of this. Yeah, it can be self-inflicted burn (or the opponent hits you somehow), battle damage, etc, but you're taking a lot of risk to summon something that CoTH can do better and with less restriction. Suppose it can help you set up for another Synchro in slower WIND decks, but I really don't see a reason to use this over the other Level 6 pool.

--------

Voting for A.

Archived