Fate of the Six Samurai (From Empire to Eulogy)

Black D'Sceptyr

[spoiler=Follow it. Give to it. Make it flourish. It is a cherry tree bursting from a granite wasteland.]

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/322064-create-a-card-game/page-1

fate_of_the_six_samurai_by_bdsceptyr-dan

[spoiler=Fate of the Six Samurai: Errata]

Quick-Play Spell Card

Lore: Target 1 "Six Samurai" Synchro or Xyz Monster you control: Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 Xyz Monster with the same Type or Attribute as that target, with a Rank that is either equal to that target's current Rank or 1 higher than that target's current Level, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.) If a Warrior-Type Xyz Monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

BDS signing off, o Sensei, my Sensei. May you find better luck in your new path. (probably will, considering what this does...)

So what's this; a Rank-Up Magic card for Six Samurai?

Some of the targets for this card:

Number C106: Giant Red Hand

Number 12: Crimson Shadow Ninja

CXyz Comics Hero Legend Arthur

Utopia Ray V

Utopia the Lightning

Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon

Crimson Knight Vampire Bram

Gauntlet Launcher

Photon Strike Bounzer

Constellar Pleiades

I'm sure there's more this card can bring out, but that's what I've got thus far.

It does take some setup to build Shi En or Shadow of the Six Samurai, so the number of targets this card has aren't that questionable. Especially since Six Samurai isn't as fast as it used to be. I kind of feel like it should have a "once per turn" clause; but again, the fact that their Extra Deck monsters require setup renders this null and void (at least for me). It's even got a cute protection effect while it's in the Graveyard. Though, not sure I see the use of the name "Fate of the Six Samurai" as this usually implies demise; if anything, this card helps them avoid destruction. Regardless, it's a nice card that essentially introduces Rank-Up Magic to an archetype that has faltered.

I'm sure there's more this card can bring out, but that's what I've got thus far.

It does take some setup to build Shi En or Shadow of the Six Samurai, so the number of targets this card has aren't that questionable. Especially since Six Samurai isn't as fast as it used to be. I kind of feel like it should have a "once per turn" clause; but again, the fact that their Extra Deck monsters require setup renders this null and void (at least for me). It's even got a cute protection effect while it's in the Graveyard. Though, not sure I see the use of the name "Fate of the Six Samurai" as this usually implies demise; if anything, this card helps them avoid destruction. Regardless, it's a nice card that essentially introduces Rank-Up Magic to an archetype that has faltered.

Sure understand the trepidation around the name but I intended it as a transfiguration of the Six Samurai. Now they're shedding their original heritage to try and keep up with the meta-a small, but necessary sacrifice. (also because the contest I linked to demanded a card called "Fate of the Six Samurai", but I digress.)

Still, it is a motley collection of cards this brings out-and at Spell Speed 2, so you can dodge some of those tricky monster effects too. Plus it offers protection to your Warrior Xyzes, so I can imagine a couple of Decks (coughUtopiatheLightningmakingdecks,specificallycough) that might just bring in a copy of Shadow of the Six and some of these for protective purposes. Not llike you can't spin the extras into the Grave with Foolish Burial of Belongings.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived