Deskbots {Written}

that card creator

My favourite archetype is Deskbot. I actually run these irl and can give most metta a run for their money. My favourite deck to go up against, the Fluffals, got a (small) power boost while they did not however, so I wanted to make cards that could round out the numbers and add more things that would be on a desk.

• Monsters
    • Deskbot 010
      • Earth Machine/ Effect 
      • You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard by shuffling 3 "Deskbot" cards from your hand and/or graveyard. This card gains 500 Atk/ Def for each "Deskbot" card(s) banished. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned; during the end phase, you can add 1 banished "Deskbot" card to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Deskbot 010" once per turn.
      • 500 ATK/DEF
      • A tablet / phone 
    • Deskbot 011
      • Earth Machine/ Effect
      • During either player's main phase: you can send this card and 1 other "Deskbot" card from, your hand and/or field, to the Graveyard; draw one card. This card gains 500 Atk/Def for the number of  "Deskbot" monster(s) on banished. When this card is Special Summoned (except during the Damage Step) you can Special Summon 2 "Deskbot 011" monsters from your Deck. This card gains 500 ATK/ DEF for each "Deskbot" card(s) banished. You can only use each effect of "Deskbot 011" once per turn. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of a "Deskbot" card's effect.
      • 500 ATK/DEF
      • A computer tower/ modem
    • Deskbot 012
      • Earth Machine/ Ritual
      • You can only Ritual Summon this card using "Deskbot Technician". When this card is Ritual Summoned: you can banish cards from your opponent's field equal to the number of monsters tributed to Ritual Summon this monster. If there are 12 "Deskbot" monsters with different names on the field and/or in your graveyard, you win the duel. 
      • 500 ATK/DEF
      • The desk itself
  • Spells
    • Deskbot Technician
      • Ritual Spell
      • This card is used to Ritual Summon "Deskbot 012". You must also tribute "Deskbot" monster(s) whose total level equal 12. If your opponent controls a monster summoned from the Extra Deck and you do not, you can tribute "Deskbot" monsters from your deck with different names. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish it; shuffle 3 other "Deskbot" cards in your graveyard into the your Deck; draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Deskbot Technician" per turn.
    • Deskbot Box
      • ​Continuous Spell
      • While you control 3 or more other "Deskbot" Spell cards, other "Deskbot" cards in your possession cannot be destroyed by an opponent's card effects. Once per turn, you can banish 2 "Deskbot" cards from your grave, draw 1 card. All "Deskbot" monsters gain 500 Atk and Def. If this card is sent to the graveyard add 1  "Deskbot" card from your face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand.
  • Trap
    • Deskbot Paper
      • Continuous Trap
      • Pay 500 for each "Deskbot" card on the field; Special Summon 2 "Deskbot" monsters from your graveyard and/or face up in the extra deck with different names. They cannot attack. If this card leaves the field banish those monsters. Destroy this card during the end of your turn.
  • Extra Deck
    • Deskbot Maxx
      • Earth Machine/ Xyz
      • 3 level 11 monsters
        You can also XYZ summon this card using 2 "Deskbot" monsters you control. If you summon this card this way this card's first effect cannot be activated this turn. This card gains ATK/ DEF for each level of a "Deskbot" monster on the field with the highest level x500.
      • Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 XYZ material from this card, banish up to 2 Spell/ Trap cards your opponent controls. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect.
      • Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can target 1 "Deskbot" monster you control with the highest level (if it's a tie you get to choose); its ATK/DEF become 500 and its level becomes 1, all "Deskbot" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects for the rest of the turn.
      • 500 ATK/DEF
      • A Mac
    • Bill Edison, The Creator of Deskbots
      • Earth Machine/ Fusion
      • You can reveal 3 "Deskbot" cards in your hand; shuffle them into the deck; Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck. You can banish this card; Special Summon 2 "Deskbot" monsters from your deck with different names whose total level equals 12. You can only use the effect of "Bill Edison, The Creator of Deskbots" once per turn. This card can only be Special Summoned by a "Deskbot" card's effect. During the turn you activate this effect you can only summon "Deskbot" monsters.
      • 500 ATK/DEF
    • Deskbot Torniard
      • Link 2
      • 2 "Deskbot" Monsters
      • Earth Machine / Link
      • All monsters linked to this card gain 500 Atk/ Def for each "Deskbot" card on the field. You can target the "Deskbot" monster you control with the lowest Atk as a tuner monster (Your choice if tied); it is treated as a tuner monster. You can target all "Deskbot" monsters with the same Atk; they become level 11. You can only use 1 "Deskbot Torniard" effect per turn; and only once that turn.
      • 500 ATK

I do da OCG fix.

Deskbot 010

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing 3 "Deskbot" cards from your hand and/or Graveyard. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each of your banished "Deskbot" cards. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 of your banished "Deskbot" cards to your hand.

So this card's stats literally just max out at 1500 because lack of other Deskbot banish support. Might want to have it gain ATK in some more conventional way. So we're not focusing on five different ways to buff our Deskbots. And why does it immediately return one of the cards you banished for its cost? That doesn't make sense - you might as well make its cost only two cards.

Deskbot 011

During either player's turn: You can send this card and 1 other "Deskbot" card from your hand or field to the Graveyard; draw 1 card. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each of your banished "Deskbot" monsters. When this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 2 "Deskbot 011" from your hand, Deck, and/or Graveyard. You can only use each effect of "Deskbot 011" once per turn.

You get 2 free monsters the instant you summon this? That makes normal summoning 003 an instant CXyz Babylon. Normal summoning a 3800 beater is maybe a bit broken. Even without that, it's a ridiculous amount of field presence off just one card, especially since, unlike Machine Dupe, it can summon from grave. I suggest you make it summon only from deck, otherwise it gets a bit ridiculous, what with you being able to CotH 3-monster walls and such.

The first effect ain't that much since it's a -1. The same problem applies to this one as the last one in boosting Atk from banished cards.

Deskbot 012

You can Ritual Summon this card using "Deskbot Technician". When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can banish cards from your opponent's hand or field equal to the number of monsters tributed for this card's Summon. If there are 12 "Deskbot" monsters with different names on the field and/or in your Graveyard, you win the Duel.

Okay, this card is... not...okayyy..

Its banishing doesn't target. Non-targeting banishing is extremely powerful. It is almost the supreme form of removal in this metagame. And this is MASS non-targeting banishing. That's something you'd expect to find on a god-tier card. And it has non-targeting banishing /from the hand/. Trishula spent a good amount of her existence banned for just being able to banish 1 card from the hand. This is /mass hand removal/. It's, to put it bluntly, completely broken.

There's no summon restriction on it. You can easily assemble the right tributes just by one summon of 003. Only banishing two cards from this is still devastating. The tributes don't have to be Deskbots either. You can run this in any deck. And it and its ritual spell are simultaneously searchable by Pre-Prep of Rites, making summoning it a breeze.

Maybe I'd understand if you tried to balance the ritual spell, but...

Deskbot Technician

This card is used to Ritual Summon "Deskbot 012". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal exactly 12. If your opponent controls a monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, you can also Tribute "Deskbot" monsters from your Deck with different names. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can shuffle 3 other "Deskbot" cards in your Graveyard into the Deck; draw 1 card. You can only use this effect once while this card is in the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Deskbot Technician" per turn.

...but you decided to make it an expy of Shaddoll Fusion. Hey, you know what else is very powerful? Direct send to graveyard from the deck. Foolish Burial is still limited. And ritual summoning from the deck? That makes 012 just completely free to summon.

And you gave this card another effect besides? It doesn't need another effect! And it doesn't have to be all fancy and have a 'once while this card is in the graveyard clause'. You could just banish it for the cost, and that'd help 010 and 11 too.

Deskbot Box

While you control 3 or more "Deskbot" cards, other "Deskbot" cards in your possession cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can banish 2 "Deskbot" cards from your Graveyard; draw 1 card. All "Deskbot" monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Deskbot" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Deskbot Box".

Here's our banish support. Personally, I'm not a fan of a card that just makes you banish all your resources. But that's just me; I don't like cards like Fairy Tail Shirayuki, but they're good. Incidentally, drawing is another one of those powerful effects you have to watch out with. I'd give this card a hard OPT on each its effects.

Deskbot Paper

Pay 500 LP; Special Summon 2 "Deskbot" monsters from your Graveyard and/or face-up in your Extra Deck with different names. They cannot attack. If this card leaves the field, banish those monsters. Destroy this card at the end of the turn it was activated.

500 LP isn't a cost (points to Solemn Warning and Strike). This card is actually quite balanced, in that the monsters can't attack but you can still gain advantage through their effects, that this card is a trap, and that it only lasts until end phase. I'd still increase the LP cost to something the user would actually feel. And does it last until the end of /the/ next turn, or /your/ next turn?

Deskbot Maxx

You can also Xyz Summon this card using 2 "Deskbot" monsters you control as Xyz Material. This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the combined Levels of all "Deskbot" monsters on the field x500. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish 1 card your opponent possesses. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 "Deskbot" monster you control; its ATK and DEF become 0, and all "Deskbot" cards you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects for the rest of the turn.

Ho, removal during the opponent's turn and unaffected by card effects are also OP effects. You're really checking all the boxes.

Any two Deskbot monsters can make this walking collection of random good effects. It might end up with avg 2.5-4k atk, depending. For lack of anything else, I'm comparing this card's power level to a Rank 4 Xyz, though it's obviously much easier to make. And those stats are way out of the range of a rank 4 xyz. Quick effect banishing (rocking the non-targeting again) is too powerful for a rank 4 xyz. And mass unaffected, useable every turn at no cost, just for zeroing your weakest Deskbot, isn't okay. Either nerf the effects severely or lower the ease of summoning. I'd do both.

Bill Edison, The Creator of Deskbot

You can reveal 3 "Deskbot" cards in your hand; shuffle them into the Deck, then Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck or Graveyard. You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 2 "Deskbot" monsters from your Deck with different names. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect.

I was with this card until you made it instantly invalidate the cost of summoning it. You just shuffled those monsters into the deck. What's with you immediately summoning them at no cost? That makes this card boil down to 'shuffle 1 deskbot card from your hand into the deck, special summon 2 deskbot monsters from your hand'. But of course, you can summon whatever monsters you want. In the end, you completely recoup the cost of summoning this card. And allowing it to summon itself from grave just creates a recurring advantage engine turn after turn, so ya might nerf that.

In the end, a lot of these cards need some serious reworking. You need to get more acquainted with the current metagame and acceptable power levels for cards. You just need experience, is all, I've seen worse cards from new users, so don't let it discourage you! :D You'll get better, as we all do. Good luck in future endeavors. Cheers.

I did all the things,

• 010 - Made it during either player's (so it's some type of defense) turn but only from grave, also made it proc during end phase
  • 011 - Made it from deck only, but still must be able to summon both (i thought that was enough but apparently not), doesn't proc when 004 summons it.
  • 012 - Doesn't banish from hand
  • Technician - Made it only able to tribute only Deskbots, didn't realize it didn't say that before, banishes for second effect.
  • Box - Adds scale from extra deck if killed now, also only protects when 3 other Deskbots spells are on the field ( usually would be 2 scales and the field)
  • Maxx - Changed from adding up levels to just the highest level, changed first effect to only being able to proc when summoned with 3 material, changed last effect to proc only on cards that are not 001, are boosted by other cards, and have not been affected by it before (because it's level 1/ 500 ATK  permanently), becoming level 1 also lowers its atk, which on average would probably be around 5.5k to 3.5 (but would drop severely), first effect only hits back row, second effect only protects monsters
  • Bill - Added condition that it had to add up to level 12, this  severely limits the combinations of what's possible, (011/ 001,  010/002, 009/003, 008/004, 007/005)
  • If I could I would add this to all of the scales for Deskbots so they're not useless
    • All "Deskbot" monsters on the field gain 500 ATK/DEF
    • This would give an extra boost to everyone while stopping my ability to abuse 002 after I pend 1 

• 3 months later...

Did even more things

Added/ fixed cards

Deskbot Torniard

• Link 2
  • 2 "Deskbot" Monsters
  • Earth Machine / Link
  • All monsters linked to this card gain 500 Atk/ Def for each "Deskbot" card on the field. You can target the "Deskbot" monster you control with the lowest Atk as a tuner monster (Your choice if tied); it is treated as a tuner monster. You can target all "Deskbot" monsters with the same Atk; they become level 11. You can only use 1 "Deskbot Torniard" effect per turn; and only once that turn.
  • 500 ATK

It's a link, Torniard is Bill's life long friend, and helped to conceptualize the finer details of the Deskbots.

I made 10 during your turn, and changed from banish to shuffle cause, banishing only to add is kinda stupid.

I made Bill even more of a zero sum card; he now locks you into only summoning deskbots

Archived