[LEADERBOARD] Catman VS. CuriousHeartless (Catman finally isn't being lazy!))

CatmanDaGamer

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply
  • The one with the most votes by the deadline wins.
  • All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
  • Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why.
  • Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
  • Cards must be PM'd to me.
  • Written cards are allowed.
  • Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
  • In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

• The deadline for posting cards is approximately 48 hours after a topic has been decided.
  • The deadline for voting for cards is approximately 96 hours after both cards have been created and posted.

Rewards:

• The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

• A Retrain of a Vanilla Monster

[spoiler=Card A]Pendulum Machine of Torture
DARK - Level 6 - Machine/Effect - 1750/2000

(This card's name is always treated as "Pendulum Machine")
If you control a Normal Monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When your opponent Pendulum Summons a monster(s): Activate one of the following effects.
• Your opponent loses LP equal to the amount of monsters Pendulum Summoned this turn x200.
• Tribute this card and target 1 Pendulum Summoned Pendulum Monster; Special Summon 1 Normal Monster from your hand whose Level is equal to or lower the targeted monster's Level.

[spoiler=Card B]Elemental HERO Legacy Wingman

WIND - Level 3 - Warrior/Effect - 1000/1000

(This card's name is always treated as "Elemental HERO Avian")
This card can attack your opponent directly. If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Fusion Summon of a "HERO" monster: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower "HERO" monster from your deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Elemental HERO Legacy Wingman" once per turn.

Right, I'll start off the first vote-I'm in a great mood today to review. 

Card A's...certainly out of left field. Pretty sure that Labradorite Dragon and Ultimaya Tzolk'in are salivating at the presence of this with its self-Summon effect, but that reaction to Pendulum Summoning feels incredibly underwhelming, in contrast to the ease it can be brought out with.  Normally I'm okay with more Summoning, but i t being a Normal Monster-which the Pendulums could probably run down-kills the utility it tries to present. And that damage is chump change to a player that knocks out ten times that amount to negate Summons, bring out 2 monsters with Soul Charge, and/or vacuum away two monsters with Time-Space Trap Hole. So it's really good for Hieratics if you're looking for another path to Synchro-librium (ha!) and dismal on everything else. 

Card B-well now, this offers Elemental HEROs the thing they've been missing for years with Stratos's banning- a good WIND HERO. In fact, I've wondered if this should call itself Stratos, since its direct attacking effect feels like a call back to how Anime Stratos's effect worked. That aside, Shadow Mist-caliber searching is AMAZING, especially since it says "sent for a Fusion Summon", and not necessarily as a Material, meaning the Mask Change cards have a new best friend. And really, Blast and Divine Wind being brought out with this isn't too shabby at all. But really, any HERO deck that can't find a way to make Card B work for them may as well turn in their capes.

Vote goes to B.

I was going to lock this b/c no response from either competitor after that last post (mine), but meh. Suppose I'll vote now.

----

Card A is a free summon if you have a Vanilla out (oh, it has no hard OPT, so I suppose you could summon 2 of these, then Rank 6 but chances of you being able to do that are low), but it's only good against Pendulum decks. Yeah, we still have stuff like Metalfoes, partial PPals and some others, but looking at common Decks, a lot of them are moving away. Even if stuff didn't get hit, most this does is burn damage (admittedly, 1000 burn off a full field of summons isn't too bad, but it doesn't do enough). It helps you summon larger monsters quickly, yes, but it is virtually dependent on what your opponent just summoned. If your opponent doesn't have an ideal monster for you to plus off of, this card will fail.

Card B is another viable WIND Main Deck HERO (I cannot stress enough how much we need one, as KoA refuses to unban Stratos and original Avian isn't good). Direct attacks are nice, and at least. lets you search if you summon Great Tornado/Core or something (OG Wingman just isn't great enough to run nowadays). In a way, I guess this is a temporary replacement for Stratos if we really need that added search. On a side note, it's another WIND target for Kamikaze in Mask Change (even though this card supports older Fusions)

Naming-wise, it probably should've kept the Avian part with added descriptives, but let's look the other way for that.

-------

Voting B on this one. Yeah, HEROs already have a TON of support and a lot of people are tired of them, but this at least encourages the original style of play for them (not the "spam Shadow Mist into Dark Law and Rank 4 like mad" variant that's common). And yes, another WIND target for them to make Great Tornado.

A is an upgrade, yes, but outside of the added summon, it's highly dependent on Pendulum Summoning (I guess it fits the name, but the common Pendulum decks have outs to this).

Archived