YCMock Election for President of YCM [Points of Focus Posted | Opening Debate 11/14]

Dad

vcRyVcI.png

Credit for this image goes to Yui.

Ladies and gentlemen.  Boys and girls.  Bustas and germs.  Welcome to YCM's First Mock Election for President of the Board.  Before we introduce our candidates, let's lay down some ground rules.

1. This Election is fake and solely intended for fun.  None of this should be taken too seriously, and none of the candidates presented will be running for any official offices in the US or otherwise.
  2. The Mock Election will feature politics, but not actual politics.  The politics in question will be YCM politics, and the politics in question can be derived from the board, from various "supporter groups".  All questions will be attributed to the forum and the problems it faces.
  3. "Candidate Parties" are again, fake, but will be listed with the Candidate's name, along with their policies.  However, Candidates may choose to run under traditional parties as well, so don't be surprised if you see Libertarians, Democrats, or Republicans.
  4. Members can--at their leisure--donate to the "Candidate" of their choice with points, just like in the actual election. 
  5. If you are a running "Candidate", feel free to dress yourself up a bit.  I'm sure there are a few GFX personnel who wouldn't mind if their art got shown off while you're running.  Think of it as an advertisement.
  6. At the will of the Candidates, you may assemble a small team of supporting members (3 max) for your "Cabinet" and they can assist you with winning the "Election".
  7. The election will not have any form of "Electoral College".  Rather, it will be decided entirely on Popular Vote (through the use of polls).  Polls will be held once a week for now, but that is subject to change.
  8. Candidacy slots have been filled.  We will no longer be accepting any more candidates.
  9. The winner of the election will receive a Custom Title, and a few other prizes that are currently being decided by the Moderator Team.  I'll have more details for you as we come to a decision.
  10. Remember, this is for fun.  There should be no need for personal attacks.  Rather, you should attack the candidate's position or policies.  Much like with President Elect Trump, if you get too rowdy, you will be asked to leave the thread.
  11. Candidates will be able to post in locked topics.  However, you will only be allowed to post in locked topics related to the YCM Mock Election.  Posting in a locked thread outside of this will result in a warning.

Rules are subject to change.  At this time, I believe I've covered everything, but we'll be ready to move forward in about two days.  During that time, this thread will be used to announce candidates, and any and all changes or additions to the rules will be reflected above.  

[spoiler=Official List of YCM Candidates and Their Parties]

(0) - Green Party

Begotten Insanity - Libertarian Party

cr47t - Independent

Daemon Quasar - Aesthetics Party

General Heinous - Transhumanist Party

Keith Howard - American Party

Shooting Quasar Enguin - Peter the Political Party

UltimateIRS - GIVE ME MONEY Party

Winter - Night's Watch Party

Zai - Spacenoid Independence Party

[spoiler=Points of Focus]

All debates will take place in the Debates Section of YCM.  Threads will be locked allowing only Candidates and moderators to reply.  Opening statements and arguments will be presented by the Candidates before questions begin.  Questions will be administered by myself or other moderators to be answered by candidates one at a time.  There is no order in which candidates must post, but all candidates must wait until each current candidate has replied to the initial question before replying again.  After each candidate has replied to the initial questioning, candidates will have a brief time to rebut against other candidates.  Rebuttals will occur as follows:

First Question

All Candidates Have Answered

Candidate X Rebuts against Candidate Y

Candidate Y Replies

Candidate X replies

At this point, if Candidate Y has a second reply, they may provide it, but in order to keep the debate moving and to allow every candidate to reply, Candidate X may not rebut again against the same candidate for the same question.  At the end of the debate, Candidates will give closing points.  After each candidate has had the chance to offer closing statements if they choose, Candidates will no longer be allowed to reply to that thread.  Further replies will result in a warning.

Following the Debate, there will be a poll posted on YCM.  Candidates will not be allowed to reply or vote in the poll to insure that these polls are fair.  All candidates must send a private message to me with the names of each member of their cabinet or team.  Poll results will remain anonymous.

The first debate will begin Monday, November 14, 2016.  This will give candidates enough time to campaign, brush up on the topics of YCM, and build members of their cabinet or team, as well as advertise, if they so choose.

Topics of Focus can be found below.

[spoiler=Topics of Focus]

YCM Community and Hostility

YCM Site-wide Activity

YCM Site-wide Rulings and their Applications

YCM Moderation and their Applications

YCM Site-wide Contests and Contest Activity

YCM Maturity and Explicit Content (including filters)

YCM Bugs and User Interface Clean-up

These topics may expand as the debates go on, but candidates should be able to refer to them at any time.  They will also be listed in the debate opening post as a reminder.

Because not every candidate will always be available to reply immediately, Debates will last for a few days in order to ensure candidates have ample time to reply and create arguments, in addition to accounting for IRL duties such as work or chores.  Good luck candidates.  

God Bless YCM.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>candidate slots filled

It's been 10 minutes, what the funk

As Sonic would say, "You're too slooooooooooooow~"

I am indeed running for President under the GIVE ME MONEY Party.

I'll hook you up with that not so dank right now but soon to be upgraded user group real quick fam.

Archived