[Written] "Poker Knights" Egyptian God Support (4 Cards)

leafbladie

Apparently the "Three Musketeers of Face Cards" were known as the monsters possessing the maximum "Speed Summon capability" in the anime, to which I say bullshit! 2 Normal Monsters, and an effect monster that requires 1 of the Normal Monsters to be on the field when it;s Normal Summoned, so that you can SS a Level 5 monster from the Deck only, is not what I'd consider speedy. Anyway, I thought it'd be fun to retrain these things so they work as faster means to get out three tributes, and actually help the Egyptian Gods function as good boss monsters since they've been powercreeped to oblivion. Also, they had a Fusion I guess, so might as well retrain that too. Anyway, without further ado, here they are:

Queen’s Poker Knight

Warrior-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1500/DEF 1600

If you control no monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand), and if you do, you can add 1 “King’s Poker Knight” from your Deck to your hand. Cannot be Tributed, except for the Tribute Summon of "Slifer the Sky Dragon", "Obelisk the Tormentor", or "The Winged Dragon of Ra". This card cannot be used as Synchro or Xyz Material for a Summon. If you Tribute this card and 2 other “Poker Knight” monsters for the Tribute Summon of “Slifer the Sky Dragon”, it cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent’s card effects, also draw 2 cards during the End Phase of this turn.

King’s Poker Knight

Warrior-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1600/DEF 1400

If the only monster you control is “Queen’s Poker Knight”, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Jack’s Poker Knight” from your hand or Deck. Cannot be Tributed, except for the Tribute Summon of "Slifer the Sky Dragon", "Obelisk the Tormentor", or "The Winged Dragon of Ra". This card cannot be used as Synchro or Xyz Material for a Summon. If you Tribute this card and 2 other “Poker Knight” monsters for the Tribute Summon of “The Winged Dragon of Ra”, it cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent’s card effects, also its ATK becomes 5000 and its DEF become 4000.

Jack’s Knight

Warrior-Type/LIGHT/Level 5/ATK 1900/DEF 1000

During your Main Phase: You can shuffle this card from your hand into your Deck; add 1 “Queen’s Knight” from your Deck to your hand. Cannot be Tributed, except for the Tribute Summon of "Slifer the Sky Dragon", "Obelisk the Tormentor", or "The Winged Dragon of Ra". This card cannot be used as Synchro or Xyz Material for a Summon. If you Tribute this card and 2 other “Poker Knight” monsters for the Tribute Summon of “Obelisk the Tormentor”, it cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent’s card effects, also, destroy all other cards on the field.

Arcana Poker Knight Joker

Warrior/LIGHT/Level 9/ATK 3800/DEF 2500 (Fusion)

"Queen’s Poker Knight" + "Jack’s Poker Knight" + "King’s Poker Knight"
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards you control to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) During either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated: You can discard the same type of card (Monster, Spell, or Trap); negate the effect, and if you do, destroy it. If this face-up card in its owner's control leaves the field because of an opponent's card effect: You can target 1 “Queen’s Poker Knight", 1 “Jack’s Poker Knight", and 1 "King’s Poker Knight" in your Graveyard; Special Summon them.

I like this set, but I think it relies too much on drawing Queen turn 1. I mean, yeah she's searchable by Jack, but you still need to control no monsters so this will be used very early in the game. Also, the Fusion is just a copy of the original Arcana Knight with 1 extra effect. I would've like it if it destroyed the negated card, but as of now, the Fusion isn't exactly worth going into, imo. The Tribute effects are nice, though. I am a bit skeptical about drawing 2 cards during the End Phase, however. The Winged Dragon of Ra effect is also abit much considering that it's protected from targeting and destroying card effects, so you should maybe reduce the ATK to 4500, so it doesn't outclass the ATK of most, if not all monsters in the game. The Obelisk effect is fine considering how some Archetypes benefit from getting destroyed/sent to the Graveyard (cough...Burning Abyss...cough).

7.5/10 until the Tribute effects get nerfed. Otherwise, I would've gave them a solid 8.5 or 9/10

I like this set, but I think it relies too much on drawing Queen turn 1. I mean, yeah she's searchable by Jack, but you still need to control no monsters so this will be used very early in the game. Also, the Fusion is just a copy of the original Arcana Knight with 1 extra effect. I would've like it if it destroyed the negated card, but as of now, the Fusion isn't exactly worth going into, imo. The Tribute effects are nice, though. I am a bit skeptical about drawing 2 cards during the End Phase, however. The Winged Dragon of Ra effect is also abit much considering that it's protected from targeting and destroying card effects, so you should maybe reduce the ATK to 4500, so it doesn't outclass the ATK of most, if not all monsters in the game. The Obelisk effect is fine considering how some Archetypes benefit from getting destroyed/sent to the Graveyard (cough...Burning Abyss...cough).

7.5/10 until the Tribute effects get nerfed. Otherwise, I would've gave them a solid 8.5 or 9/10

Well actually the Fusion is improved vs the original, as there is no OPT limit on it anymore, and it doesn't have to be targeted by the card to negate it, but I guess I should add the part about destroying the negated card too, thanks. As for the ATK and DEF of Ra, it was supposed to be a reference to the fact that its ATK and DEF would become equal to the monsters used for its tribute, in this case, it being 5000 ATK and 4000 DEF.

Well actually the Fusion is improved vs the original, as there is no OPT limit on it anymore, and it doesn't have to be targeted by the card to negate it, but I guess I should add the part about destroying the negated card too, thanks. As for the ATK and DEF of Ra, it was supposed to be a reference to the fact that its ATK and DEF would become equal to the monsters used for its tribute, in this case, it being 5000 ATK and 4000 DEF.

Yes, but still, a 5000 beater that can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects is OP as hell. As for the Fusion, its first effect is similar to the LIGHT Edilion Fusion's effect, but its second effect is a worse ABC-like effect, so I'd suggest making it activate upon leaving the field, regardless of getting destroyed by battle or card effects.

Yes, but still, a 5000 beater that can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects is OP as hell. As for the Fusion, its first effect is similar to the LIGHT Edilion Fusion's effect, but its second effect is a worse ABC-like effect, so I'd suggest making it activate upon leaving the field, regardless of getting destroyed by battle or card effects.

It does activate if it leaves the field by a card effect though, similar to that Imperium Magnum card.

Archived