1 Predaplant Dragostapelia

1 Elder Entity Norden

1 Frightfur Sheep

1 Frightfur Wolf

1 Bahamut Shark

1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer

1 Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy

1 Toadally Awesome 

Fusion is a good name. Means that they work with FurFactory, so it makes potential vendor whiffs less painful, in addition to being decent or better cards.

who's excited for premium pack 19 where this deck gets P E N D U L U M

Anyway, Penguin is the funking nuts, and I have been hitting Instant Fusion fairly often, all things considered. The occasional Toadally Awesome + Titanic Harbinger openings, possibly backed with other cards, are nice.

FurSheep feels a lot weaker now, so it's mostly just an IF target that can be hard cast. You just fuse into Sabre-Tooth, anyways.

I maintain that FurWolf is just a card for going ham, not really something you need more than a single copy of.

3rd Penguin and Fusion Recovery share similar flex spots. They can be a Fluffal Cat, Wings, Octo, Sabres, Designer Frightfur, or another Fusion Recovery.

I went with trying 3 penguin to increase the chances of actually seeing it. Being able to draw 4 in a turn, in addition to searches, is really nice, and means you can actually hit power cards like Fusion Recovery/Instant Fusion/BriFu.

I think Cat is most comparable to Recovery, given that it serves a similar function; Extending combos via polymerization reuse.

Cat's searchability/reusability is a good factor, but Fusion Recovery is more versatile and/or potent, depending on when you use it. Fusion Recovery is also a topdeck card, which Cat is not. Probably preference decision, though.

Octo is less needed than before, felt dead at times at 2. Definitely good as an option.

Designer is a solid T1 card, but drops off a bit as the game goes on, so only 1.

Don't need more than 2 FurFusion; searchable, will never use more than 2 in a game.

1 and done, card has aged terribly.

ask anything else i forgot

EDIT: November 16, 2016

-1 Sheep

+1 Instant Fusion

Sheep is too dead in multiples, IF has a good name/power effect when drawn.

Fluffals:

• Bear: I think this is a card to run between two and three copies of, with neither being entirely correct. I opted for 3 copies to maximize the chances of hitting a Vendor T1, and the name is always good if you have to use it as fodder. Preference of 2-3.
  • Cat: Actually a really helpful tech. Being able to use it as a de-facto Fusion Spell, albeit in conjunction with other cards, is decent, and you can search it on, more-or-less, demand. 0-1.
  • Dog: Surprisingly, it's aged a bit poorly. Certain builds make it shine a bit more, but eating up an NS for a +1 search is a big deal when it competes with other summons. Namely just Owl, but it leads to situations where you need the fusion but you need the mats. So guess it's more just NS Syndrome? Still run 3.
  • Leo: hahahahahahahaha
  • Mouse: I think this is a direction they wanted to push the deck towards that... Doesn't work. It's too xenophobic, it takes too many slots, and all it does is... give you more of the Fluffals you have plenty of, anyway??? If they wanted to push this, they should have made more multi-mats. 0.
  • Octo: Like cat, it's a tech. It's a searchable pseudo-Burial from a Different Dimension, with other uses as a decent NS. Not required, but I like having a copy to fetch when I need it. 0-1.
  • Owl: Hoooot. Probably the best NS in the deck when it's needed, but it's not needed as much with the addition of FurPatchwork. Ratio seems entirely up to player, though I suggest two. 1/2/3.
  • Patchwork: okay leo was a base set card but what the funk is this sheet ._.
  • Penguin: Da true MVP. WATER, 4, it's a decent beater in its own right, it lets you stagger the stages of summons if you SS it off of Toy Vendor, and so on. Draw 2 Discard 1 is incredibly potent, to boot. Card just does a lot the deck wants. You don't need three, but I felt like prioritizing getting it to hand.2-3.
  • Rabbit: Honestly, as I always have, I think this card is garbage. For what it does, Sheep is usually better, and it gets back resources that are usually plentiful (Fluffals, ability to reclaim edge imps). Sure, there's some niche to it, and you could tech it, but I personally think it's a 0.
  • Sheep: Baaaaa. The thing about Sheep is that you don't want multiples. Ever. It's a very powerful effect, and a decent search off of Dog/Vendor to extend combos, but it really does hurt in multiples. 2 to account for most situations is fine, as it's a card you'd rather draw than search, outside of dog when set up. 1. You draw too funking much and too many hands can get clogged by HURR DOUBLE SHEEP.
  • Wings: The second most valuable players. Drawing cards is good and fun and helpful. It eats useless resources (Read: Bear, multiples) in order to draw 2 cards AND search a Fluffal/Sabres... Pretty damn awesome, to be honest. You don't need 3, but depends on which cards you feel you need to see most. 2-3.

Edge Imps:

• Chain: It is the strongest Edge Imp in name, but Sabres has a better name. That said, giving this card access to searching Poly + Edge Imp is insanely strong, and boosted it up to a higher level than ever. 3.
  • Frightfuloid: oh come on why do you even exist
  • Sabres (Scissors): The name is too good. Because Frightfur Tiger is the nuts. Effect is alright, helps you fix hands/combo extend, but the real gem is the funking name. That said, it's one of those cards where multiples aren't REALLY needed? FurFusion makes a case for multiples, but... 1-2.
  • Saw: >Normal Summon >+0 effect NEXT
  • Tomahawk: Deck was not built around this guy, at all. Chain not working from the deck/Kraken being generic sealed it. Cute, not worth it. 0.

Frightfurs:

• Bear: hahahahahahahaha
  • Chimera: Too much effort, funking sheet payoff.
  • Leo: Why can't you be revived? You'd be cute if I could revive you with Sabre-Tooth (after King of the Swamp mat), but noooo. 0.
  • Kraken: Have a cake. Eat it, too. Double attacking with 2200 (with Tiger, That's 28x2 + 25 = 81. With Sabre-Tooth, that's 26x2 + 28 = 80), removal that ignores a bunch of annoying effects/doesn't have to be face-up, and it's completely generic with a 3K ass? AND it's Level 8? Sign me up! 2.
  • Sabre-Tooth: It's the best Fur. It gives you value for summoning and proccing your effects, it lets you use Kraken's removal effect AND double direct swing, plus it allows you to go R8/make value off of going Dragostapelia. AND it buffs your Furs up. The fact that it's hard to remove if you summon it as more than fodder is icing on the cake. 2-3.
  • Sheep: Oh my God, this card has aged so funking badly. I have almost never had a reason to summon it, between Kraken and other plays, only using it as an Instant Fusion target to kickstart mediocre hands. Which, in that case... It's pretty good. It's in a spot that allows it to be accessed two different ways, which gives it a helpful niche. I'd say run 1.
  • Tiger: This card, unlike the other Fusions pre-Sabre-Tooth, has aged so amazingly well. Being able to shred the opponent's advantage is nice, but Octo/Penguin/Cat/Chain/lolrabbit all give it a layer of protection, from Solemns and the like. Being able to clear without being able to be negated directly is stupidly strong, and it's rare that you can't finaegle that into happening. And the boost to ATK is the stuff of dreams. If I had space, I'd run three, but... 2.
  • Wolf: ... Why can't YOU be revived? Leo is one thing, but damn. This card is basically just... Ham. Cash in your chips, go big or go home. Don't need more than a copy for gaming people out of nowhere. 1.

Spells:

• Frightfur Factory: Honestly, the card's really strong. Being able to Fusion more than the limit set by physical copies of Poly is nice. I run two, because drawing it is nice, but it's dead in multiples. Plus searching. 2.
  • Frightfur Fusion: Aged terribly. Only good for Wolf/Tiger, unless it's the late game for some reason, and that involves giving up a Sabre forever. It just doesn't further you much, barring being a once per game nuke or TAKE THE HAM BARK BARK. Still, searchable. 1.
  • Frightfur Patchwork: This card drops off really fast, but that shows how fast the deck itself is. This card is really funking potent T1, and it's live a good amount of the time T2 (as opposed to my earlier 50/50 statment). T3, yeah, probably dead, but you should be forcing your way through. There's an argument for two, but I feel three is correct, to optimize drawing it. Using this to search a Chain + Poly is better than Chain searching this to search Sabre/Poly, usually. 2-3.
  • Frightfur Sanctuary: OH COME THE funk ON WHAT MADE YOU THINK THIS WAS WORTH funking ANYTHING
  • Suture Rebirth: Not searchable, negates effects, can't be used for Imps, only 1/turn... NEXT. 0.
  • Toy Vendor: I mean, you run 3. It's the funking crux of the deck, as it allows you to maintain value/push forward/FLUFFAL WINGS. It's easy to find and play, discarding another copy for it is good, and it gives credence to other cards to speed you up. Wish it was recyclable, though. 3.

Traps:

• Designer Frightfur: It's really cute, and I was shilling it for ages, but... I think I have to stop, now that FurPatchwork exists and is a better Chain target. It can still be a cute tech, of course, so feel free. Just realize it's better drawn than searched, and you don't want too many copies. 0-1.
  • Fluffal Crane: hahaha wow
  • Frightfur March: Too narrow, even with its potency. 0.
  • Fusion Fright Waltz: Far too narrow, another "Why" card. 0.

OTHER:

• King of the Swamp: While I don't feel he has a place in the deck anymore, he still deserves a mention. He functions as an "Edge Imp" (but not for Kraken/Sabre-Tooth) and as Polymerization, so he's versatile, but do you see the issue with that? He makes FurFusion a bit better, but eh. 0 or 2.
  • Lunalight Black Sheep: This card is also a little awkward. It's a DARK for the next monster, but overall, is just worse tha King of the Swamp... Unless you use a specific engine to breathe life into it.
  • Predaplant Dragostapelia: Honestly, a fairly decent boss, though it can't always be dropped. The level reduction is more relevant than it looks, and the effect negation is pure cockblock. It requires proper timing, and is better alongside other mosnters that restrict the opp, but what can ya do? 0-1.
  • Elder Entity Norden + Instant Fusion: Aside from being "any fusion material", when including Sheep, also grants access to the latter 2. 2-3 Instant Fusion.
  • Bahamut Shark + Toadally Awesome: Easy power summoning for control. 1 and 1 is fine.
  • Rank 4 Xyz: I chose Castel because he's easy spot removal, and... Let's be honest, R4 not named "Traptrix Rafflesia" or "Evilswarm Nightmare" suck at defense. So a little more offense seemed good. Abyss Dweller also seems a fine choice.
  • Brilliant Fusion engine: 3 Brilliant Fusion, 1 Garnet, 1 Seraphinite. It allows you to dump Fluffal Wings for setup, gives you extra NS for the deck (which is big), and gives you a Fusion for Dragostapelia, if you run it. HOWEVER, this is an engine whose bricks are harsh, even in a deck like Fluffal that can naturally mitigate the bricking with Sabres/Polymerization. 
  • Zoodiac engine: This deck's version differs from MOLMORAT GG. 3 Elemental Triangle of the Zoodiac, 2 Zoodiac Viper, 1 Lunalight Black Sheep, 1 Zoodiac Drancia, 1 Zoodiac Broadbull, at least 1 of Zoodiac Tigress and/or Boarbow. This engine allows you a +1 Polymerization search (Black Sheep), along with Drancia being a 1200 or 2400 beater with quickplay removal. There's a little less brick factor than BriFu engine, as Viper can start the combo on his own if you miss Triangle, HOWEVER the big issue comes into the fact that it takes 3-4 Extra Deck slots.
  • Foolish Burial with Belongings: It dumps Vendor and, rarely, FurFusion. That's about it. It's a RotA that spends potential resources in exchange for physical resources, and it can greatly accelerate your game in doing so.
  • Fusion Recovery: This is a power spell. Getting back Poly + Monster is around the same level of power as FurPatchwork, thought it requires setup. Additionally, it's, sadly, unsearchable. Fusion is a good name, though. 1-2.
  • Dimension Barrier: It's good YGOs. Fair option, especially with the draw power the deck has. 2-3 of, IF you run it.
  • Generic Cards: Raigeki seems bad because of Tiger, TwiTwi is similar but does have some niche (DISCAAAARD), Solemns seem a bit much, Maxx "C" is fine, and that's about it.

If I missed something/you have questions/etc., let me know!

The thing I particularly like about this build is that, aside from a few mild tweaks or card choices, it is almost identical to my current build. I like that because you recommended me to look at this Deck, and it means the the basic skeleton is the exact same to what I would do when updating my card pool to include the new releases and such, so I wouldn't be adjusting my playstyle too extremely.

I also appreciate your card choice explanations and comparisons, because it shows you've put a lot of effort into studying the ins and outs of the Deck and how it functions.

I admit I had to look up Treatoad's effect, because I wasn't sure why you were using that with Bahamut Shark. Then I see that it doesn't require Overlays for its effect, and the "sent to Grave" effect, I assume, recovers Penguin.

Honestly, I don't even have suggestions of what you could change or tweak. I personally am unlikely to use Foolish Belongings, but I know why you're running it.

So honestly, I'm just commenting to confirm that I did look at your build, and I really like it.

The thing I particularly like about this build is that, aside from a few mild tweaks or card choices, it is almost identical to my current build. I like that because you recommended me to look at this Deck, and it means the the basic skeleton is the exact same to what I would do when updating my card pool to include the new releases and such, so I wouldn't be adjusting my playstyle too extremely.

I also appreciate your card choice explanations and comparisons, because it shows you've put a lot of effort into studying the ins and outs of the Deck and how it functions.

I admit I had to look up Treatoad's effect, because I wasn't sure why you were using that with Bahamut Shark. Then I see that it doesn't require Overlays for its effect, and the "sent to Grave" effect, I assume, recovers Penguin.

Honestly, I don't even have suggestions of what you could change or tweak. I personally am unlikely to use Foolish Belongings, but I know why you're running it.

So honestly, I'm just commenting to confirm that I did look at your build, and I really like it.

Most of what I post is just my experiences. I've probably played a 2-300~ games with it, already, because it's just really fun to play, and while you aim to do the same stuff every game, getting out of bad positions is still fun. Unless you totally brick, then fuuuuuuuuck.

TA's recycle also puts itself back, so you have the option of reloading Bahamut OR getting back a draw 2 material.

Belongings is just... acceleration. I don't think it's required, but it seriously speeds you up when you hit it. The only really awkard thing about it is that BriFu + Bear > FBwB + Bear, but FBwB can function as Bear, Wings, or anything else (barring Chain), so it's more versatile. I rarely get to wings more than once now, even going first, because of it, but... That's okay, because it helps me make hard to beat boards/stock up T1.

I did cut Sheep by 1 and bump up IF, though, because... Well, 2 sheep in hand is the actual worst.

Archived