Gimmick Puppet support

The Highlander

Considering RUM Puppets is a somewhat enjoyable deck and the Xyz equivalent of Frightfur they do deserve some support to still be worth anything, here we go:

1.) Gimmick Puppet Core Dark

Lv 8

Machine/Effect

Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by revealing 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster in your hand.

You can only Summon "Gimmick Puppet Core" once per turn this way.

If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Puppet" card, you can select and activate 1 of these effects:

(i) Target 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.

(ii) Special Summon 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Deck.

(iii) Search your Deck for 1 "Puppet" Spell/Trap or "Rank-Up-Magic Argent Chaos Force" and add it to your hand.

You cannot activate monster effects, for the rest of this turn, except "Gimmick Puppet" monsters.

You can only activate this effect of "Gimmick Puppet Core" once per turn.

ATK 0 DEF 2300

2.) String Puppet's Control Trap

Continuous

Negate the activated effects of monsters with String Counters.

You can tribute 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster you control or in your hand or banish 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Graveyard

and target 1 monster your opponent controls; Place 1 String Counter on that target.

You can remove 2 String Counters from the field; Add 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster or "Puppet" Spell/Trap card from your deck to your hand.

You can only activate each effect of "String Puppet's Control" once per turn.

3.) Puppet Restock Spell

Normal

Select and activate 1 of these effects:

(i) Add 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Deck to your hand.

(ii) Banish 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Deck or Graveyard.

You can only activate 1 "Puppet Restock" per turn.

As you could propably already tell there were mostly real cards as inspiration for these cards.

Opinions ?

Gimmick Puppet support? Uni is exited

Strategist

Gimmick Puppet Strategist
Lvl 8 DARK
Machine Effect
Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by revealing 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster in your hand.
You can only Summon "Gimmick Puppet Strategist" once per turn this way.
If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Puppet" card, you can select and activate 1 of these effects:
* Special Summon 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Deck or Graveyard.
* Add 1 "Puppet" Spell/Trap or "Rank-Up-Magic Argent Chaos Force" from your Deck to your Hand
You cannot activate monster effects, for the rest of this turn, except "Gimmick Puppet" monsters.
You can only activate this effect of "Gimmick Puppet Strategist" once per turn.
ATK 0 DEF 2300

Condensed and changed Search to Add

Instant Rank 8 fodder can have it's effect activated by itself or Des Troy which is nice, also being able to search Junk Puppet is really good and can further extend their plays and have a better chance at OTKing

Would play 2-3 of this card in Gimmick Puppets

Curse

Puppet Curse
Continuous Trap
Negate the activated effects of monsters with String Counters.
You can tribute 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster you control or in your hand or banish 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Graveyard and target 1 monster your opponent controls; Place 1 String Counter on that target.
You can remove 2 String Counters from the field; Add 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster or "Puppet" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand.
You can only activate each effect of "Puppet Curse" once per turn.

I don't think Gimmick Puppets need this card, they are an OTK Deck and this card promotes Stun, This card's effect is basically Strategist but in Trap form with the added Negate effects

Would run 0-1

Advance

Puppet Advance
Normal Spell
Select and activate 1 of these effects:
Add 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Deck to your hand.
Banish 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Deck or Graveyard.
You can only activate 1 "Puppet Advance" per turn.

A ROTA and a Gimmick Summon nice!

This card speeds up G-Puppets a lot getting you Strategist and Magnet Doll are going to be your Key Targets for this card

Would run 2-3

Only thing that bothers me, is the names, is there any story behind the names of the cards or did you pick them at random?

Overall, you have nice ideas especially for Strategist

Only thing that bothers me, is the names, is there any story behind the names of the cards or did you pick them at random?

Overall, you have nice ideas especially for Strategist

Well I am kind of liking the first 2 names, considering the first one is a card that can setup one's strategy/ create setup for the games main course.

As for the second one I picked Curse due to the fact, that the archtype is somewhat based on cursed Puppets and the card is basicly a disrupting curse for all monsters with String Counters, however I would change it if I get a better idea.

As for the last one ... you are right about that one, I wanted it to have "Puppet" in its name, however anything else was random.

You stated the archtype would hardly have an use for "Cursed Puppet", however that argument could be made with Qli and Floodgates as well (though I do not assume it to be as awful as Qli's Floodgate abuse,

considering the card adds cheap interruption and places counters for C40, so that it can blow monsters up, whenever one revives it, not to mention strategist can search it.

All in all I was more afraid of "Puppet Curse" being too strong.

If you have better names for the last 2 (and even the first one) I would gladly replace them.

Okay

For Stratigiest you could rename to Gimmick Puppet Core? Core because you ar revealing a Gimmick to summon it( Ejecting itself from the puppet) and being able to summon Gimmicks and fetch the Spell/Traps

For Curse you could rename to String Puppet's Control? Cause Strings is manipulating the String Counters

For Advance you could rename to Puppet Restock? Cause you are adding puppets and replacing them? (Banish from grave to get new ones)

As for the comparison between Qli and Puppets, Qli can easily abuse Floodgates like Skill Drain, Vanity's Emptiness but Gimmicks cannot

Gimmicks as a deck revolve around Burning and dealing damage to your opponent

Qli as a deck are one to use backrow to stall your opponent and tribute (idk the Deck too well so don't take my advice on this)

Okay

For Stratigiest you could rename to Gimmick Puppet Core? Core because you ar revealing a Gimmick to summon it( Ejecting itself from the puppet) and being able to summon Gimmicks and fetch the Spell/Traps

For Curse you could rename to String Puppet's Control? Cause Strings is manipulating the String Counters

For Advance you could rename to Puppet Restock? Cause you are adding puppets and replacing them? (Banish from grave to get new ones)

As for the comparison between Qli and Puppets, Qli can easily abuse Floodgates like Skill Drain, Vanity's Emptiness but Gimmicks cannot

Gimmicks as a deck revolve around Burning and dealing damage to your opponent

Qli as a deck are one to use backrow to stall your opponent and tribute (idk the Deck too well so don't take my advice on this)

These names are indeed better (especially more than Advance). As for the comparison, full force Qli (with 3 Scout and 3 Saqlifice) were focused around OTKing as well, however due to easy protection + disruption/shutdown took the route of maining these Floodgates as well, with Control the get a reusable, searchable disruption card, which also allows a revived C40 to blow up monsters for burn + 1 draw, so the comparison should make sense, at least I assume that to be the case.

Archived