• 2,574 posts
  • Alias:Yui

A1VlVEW.png

KhgdCiG.png

Electric Justice

JustYui.gif

Sanaki

Sanaki

You stand in the presence of Sanaki, Empress of Begnion.

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Alias:Sethera

I like the whole dynamic there with "what could have been." It's always something I think about, and seeing how little decisions can really make a big difference is something nice to see. ^_^

Posted Image

Sanaki

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

RP1SSvj.png

All In Good Time

JustYui.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

rq1TEwm.png

Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

JustYui.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

dM1G3eZ.png

Healing Hype Train

JustYui.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

3vI2iRe.png

Storm Siren

JustYui.gif

Sanaki

Sanaki

You stand in the presence of Sanaki, Empress of Begnion.

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Alias:Sethera

This girl is a mess, and I love it.

The alien thing is hilarious, and she would be great in an RP where aliens are actually a thing so she can tell everybody how she was totally right. XD

• Yui likes this
Posted Image

Sanaki

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

tmFuAPb.png

Nerves of Steel

JustYui.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

lf2GtjO.png

Divine Intervention

JustYui.gif

[email protected]

[email protected]

Aerodynamic Girls and Boys

• Back Alley Alliance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Alias:Mitcher

Since you reviewed mine and I seem to recall you saying I should do the same, I shall do the same.

xd5dIlZ.png

Divine Intervention

The first paragraph in her personality has a strangely defeatist undertone to it. I'm not sure if this is intentional so I guess it's worth mentioning, and there's also a part later on about her prioritizing the need of the many over the needs of herself. It feels a bit out of place, considering the rest of the character is a lot more happy-go-lucky, seemingly. But otherwise, I'm not too good with these overly positive thinking characters, I'll try not to nitpick too much. Her belief in the idea of progress fits pretty well with the optimistic outlook she has, but her lack of care for the past would make it hard for her to reflect and change as a character later on.

The third paragraph is boring but the fourth one, about her liking being inquired about is pretty interesting. It gives RPers an idea of the kind of response they'd get and would likely get players willing to interact with her. It's nothing groundbreaking but I haven't read any other app with this particular aspect before so it was interesting.

Another minor thing, I would've rearranged the app so that the bio comes before the personality, since it's the bio that actually explains what she even is, and this is an app not made tailored for a particular RP(or so I'll assume from the lack of association to any) so I'm not familiar with her concept much despite having read through all of her personality.

Onto the biography, it resolves some hesitation I had about her character, particularly the defeatist 'i have no control over how things will go, whatever will be will be, the future's not ours to see, qui serra serra' part(got carried away there) but again, in the personality part I'd like some more elaboration on that to make it fit in better. I like the concept of an angel whose main purpose isn't to save someone but to simply make sure they pass away well, it's a dark concept for a mostly light-hearted character. I can't comment much on the Carthage war part, not familiar with the history, but I do like her taking on the job because she wanted to have some kind of purpose. That feels like a pretty important part of her character. And then it ends with what I assume is the premise for the story she's meant to be in, whatever RP or story that will be, that's nice.

Don't care about the fake biography, sorry. And from your commentary I can tell you had fun writing her combat powers but uh, I won't lie I also care little for that, not just in yours but in apps in general. It's nice that she's strong but is only allowed to use a fraction of her powers, I guess? Could make for an exciting development. The misc part is good.

It's a weird mix of traits but overall she sounds like a fun character.

• Yui likes this

Posted Image

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

-snipped review to save space-

Oh hello~

Yeah Alex was a weird one to put together. I researched Roman history about as thoroughly as I was willing to (read: asked Wikipedia and Zai who knows history stuff) to make sure it was plasusible for Alex to die in the Punic Wars, and the personality kinda wrote itself at some point. The fake bio I'll admit is probably crap, but that's more a bio Alex herself wrote than one from me so yeah. As for combat abilities, I did want to write some skills she's good at, but I more often than not end up finding those as I RP a character so I really wasn't sure what she's good at =w=; I'll probably update her skills/abilities hider if I ever get to play her and see what she's good at.

Speaking of updating things, I've updated Lucine's personality to match what I wrote for her in Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God by basically copy-pasting and making sure nothing there was specific to the RP's setting in particular. It's the fleshed-out personality I wanted when I first posted her app here but couldn't get because my creation process got thrown out of wack with her. However, because she's not yet been accepted, I won't be updating her "First YCM Appearance" field yet.

JustYui.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

ADjd5nV.png

Savage Soul

JustYui.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

5tNpeip.png

The Running Hero

JustYui.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

kEPRIxK.png

Miss Ten-Below

JustYui.gif

Eros Thanatos

Eros Thanatos

Thank God.

• Moderators
  • 13,340 posts
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Needs more husbandos.

EDIT:  Let me make this a bit more clear and less memey.

I wanna see you break out of your shell more.  Your characters are always interesting to me.  I find a likeness of yourself in each of them in some sort of way.  It's why I like playing with you.  But I feel like you're too scared to say "fuck it, I'll try something different!"  I rarely if ever have seen a male character out of you.  Not that there's something wrong with that, but more variety is good.  And it would give me a better sense of just how far you can go.

Edited by Eros Thanatos, 19 May 2017 - 05:23 PM.

Nz0cVOx.jpg?1

7xaR7fA.png

"Nothing can truly save a person, but themselves." --Hina

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 2,574 posts

Needs more husbandos.

EDIT:  Let me make this a bit more clear and less memey.

I wanna see you break out of your shell more.  Your characters are always interesting to me.  I find a likeness of yourself in each of them in some sort of way.  It's why I like playing with you.  But I feel like you're too scared to say "fuck it, I'll try something different!"  I rarely if ever have seen a male character out of you.  Not that there's something wrong with that, but more variety is good.  And it would give me a better sense of just how far you can go.

Well yeah husbandos are good to have in a thread but the thing is: My male characters are generally not so great. I've had...

1. Celio, who was neat but doesn't feel like a proper yui character.
  2. Literally Braum with a different name to make you think it isn't Braum. Nice, but by no means my own character.
  3. STAN, who doesn't really count since as a robot he has no actual gender.
  4. And all the guys I've RP'd before coming to YCM, who are the cringiest collection of awful RP decisions I've ever seen and also includes that one shmuck I killed three times in the same continuity.

In my experience (with STAN being the exception), my male characters tend to be weaker on delivery than the girls. And I want to make sure I'm bringing my A-game, or at least my B-game, for all of the apps here. So it's not really that I'd be going out of my shell so much as I put it there for a reason in the first place =w=;

JustYui.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users