Post and I'll ask you a question

The Nyx Avatar

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Any video game you're looking forward to this year?

welp, the answer definitely would have been the remakes of Pokemon gen 4, but since the trailers already show us GF is gonna screw it again big time, I'm going to go for the Atelier Mysterious Trilogy DX. Well, tbh, it was released April 22th, but I'm really looking forward to play it.

As a side comment, I suggest that you take your time to reply to this thread. That way you won't run out of questions quickly and people will look forward to the next question.

9 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

welp, the answer definitely would have been the remakes of Pokemon gen 4, but since the trailers already show us GF is gonna screw it again big time, I'm going to go for the Atelier Mysterious Trilogy DX. Well, tbh, it was released April 22th, but I'm really looking forward to play it.

As a side comment, I suggest that you take your time to reply to this thread. That way you won't run out of questions quickly and people will look forward to the next question.

What are the Atelier games about gameplay-wise?

11 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What movies have you watched?

mainly miyazaki and nolan, in terms of directors. besides that, M (the 1931 version), Citizen Kane (didn't get it) and Casablanca. i want to branch out, as i have a project idea of making a series of retrospectives compiled into a book (for novelists, dramatists, and filmmakers), but where to start? Rear Window? Ikiru? something else?

11 minutes ago, cr47t said:

mainly miyazaki and nolan, in terms of directors. besides that, M (the 1931 version), Citizen Kane (didn't get it) and Casablanca. i want to branch out, as i have a project idea of making a series of retrospectives compiled into a book (for novelists, dramatists, and filmmakers), but where to start? Rear Window? Ikiru? something else?

What would you say is the worst movie you've ever seen?

1 minute ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What would you say is the worst movie you've ever seen?

even after seeing Batman and Robin and Plan 9 from Outer Space, the one that still takes the cake for me is m night's The Last Airbender. the series was the best nick's ever done, but this movie... wtf happened?

1 hour ago, cr47t said:

even after seeing Batman and Robin and Plan 9 from Outer Space, the one that still takes the cake for me is m night's The Last Airbender. the series was the best nick's ever done, but this movie... wtf happened?

M. Night Shyamalan. That's what happened. Sure, he put out a couple of good films. But he hadn't been the same since Signs or The Village. 

Do you own any game consoles, or just a computer?

1 minute ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

M. Night Shyamalan. That's what happened. Sure, he put out a couple of good films. But he hadn't been the same since Signs or The Village. 

Do you own any game consoles, or just a computer?

all my consoles are nintendo but i mainly use the PC because steam has a broader range of products

i think m night would have been the wrong choice even if he was still good. the kind of material he works with best and seems to best fit his direction is completely opposite ATLA. besides, his own attempt at branching out to the kind of people who nick thought ATLA was "for" (i'm referring to lady in the water here) failed. it's almost like nick scorned ATLA for not being "their kind" of show (now thinking of spongebob & loud house)

On 4/30/2021 at 7:54 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

What are the Atelier games about gameplay-wise?

Mostly, Turn-Based RPG brimming with very cute ladies. Varies a little from game to game, but in general you also have options to create alchemy formulas to produce artifacts and what not. In many games you must perform certain quests to better the situation of your country or village etc., again, it all depends, there are a ton of Atelier.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:48 AM, cr47t said:

all my consoles are nintendo but i mainly use the PC because steam has a broader range of products

i think m night would have been the wrong choice even if he was still good. the kind of material he works with best and seems to best fit his direction is completely opposite ATLA. besides, his own attempt at branching out to the kind of people who nick thought ATLA was "for" (i'm referring to lady in the water here) failed. it's almost like nick scorned ATLA for not being "their kind" of show (now thinking of spongebob & loud house)

What is your favorite genre of video games?

7 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Mostly, Turn-Based RPG brimming with very cute ladies. Varies a little from game to game, but in general you also have options to create alchemy formulas to produce artifacts and what not. In many games you must perform certain quests to better the situation of your country or village etc., again, it all depends, there are a ton of Atelier.

What do you think of this?

2 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What do you think of this?

surprised-pikachu.gif.8281417fd8c79ce13f711533528e02ba.gif

What

The

F***

Did I just watch?

hahahahahaha, no wonder about the video's title, it's the worst animation I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of Hanna Barbera cartoons xD.

Ah, but the shine in the girl's goggles almost at the end of the video is kinda cool

20 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

surprised-pikachu.gif.8281417fd8c79ce13f711533528e02ba.gif

What

The

F***

Did I just watch?

hahahahahaha, no wonder about the video's title, it's the worst animation I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of Hanna Barbera cartoons xD.

Ah, but the shine in the girl's goggles almost at the end of the video is kinda cool

Do you have any plans for Mother's Day?

2 hours ago, cr47t said:

ones that i can just pick up and enjoy without needing to get deep in the mood. does that count?

No.

When I ask that, I mean

Do you like platformers? RPG? Racing games? Simulation games? Horror games? Fighting games? Metroidvanias? Art games? Sandbox? Rhythm? Stealth? Visual Novel? 

Which genre's generally your favorite?

On 5/3/2021 at 7:47 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:
On 5/2/2021 at 10:45 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Do you have any plans for Mother's Day?

yeah. Normally I start by making her a special breakfast, including my super special apple shake xD. I plan to cook in her stead for the whole day, and possibly make a cheese cake. I'm also in the process of making a drawing for her. Yeah, she's the kind of person that loves more something hand-made.

45 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

yeah. Normally I start by making her a special breakfast, including my super special apple shake xD. I plan to cook in her stead for the whole day, and possibly make a cheese cake. I'm also in the process of making a drawing for her. Yeah, she's the kind of person that loves more something hand-made.

That sounds nice. I hardly know how to cook anything, so I offered to treat her to something. Buying her dinner.

Did you ever play Animal Crossing?

15 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

No.

When I ask that, I mean

Do you like platformers? RPG? Racing games? Simulation games? Horror games? Fighting games? Metroidvanias? Art games? Sandbox? Rhythm? Stealth? Visual Novel? 

Which genre's generally your favorite?

if that's the criteria i'd say i dont really have a favorite, but if i had to choose it'd be party games (SSB, mario party, etc.) because it's something i can enjoy with others, and sandboxes (rct1 and minecraft beta) because who doesn't like those

• 2 weeks later...

Archived