Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Chaos Sonic's Shonen Corner

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

41 replies to this topic

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

Too many undeserving heroes...

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

approachingchallenger.jpg

-BGM-

x393wz.jpg

The Tranquil Heart

x393wz.jpg

Surprise, surprise! A new challenger has approached...and guess what this means, its a brand spanking new character from yours truly! Now please note, for direction on these characters in the New Challenger group, I've been asking my good amigo Yui to give me points in the direction for certain characters...and this one...well...this one is a point straight from his own idea of the Inner Worlds.

As for a full analysis on Kazuki's character as a whole? Well...can't necessarily do that until he gains the spotlight in an RP, am I wrong? ;D

• Yui likes this

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Midnight Magic: Under Thief's Guise-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen!! The Phantom Thief Appears!

x393wz.jpg

Mmmmm, I will say I almost forgot about this RP. But this RP was TONS of fun making, same with this character (even if it was a simple expy of the original Kaitou Kid). Yeah this was back when I first began to see the Kaitou Kid character and when the first iteration of the Kaitou Kid anime came forth... *looks at the moment here in 1/13/17 and sees his avi and sig having Kid* ...well let's just say he's a character I like even still. Nevertheless, lets start on the basic plot of this RP and then get into this character!

Midnight Magic: Under Thief's Guise, is one that deals in the area of magician thieves, those who use magic tricks, illusions, and the like to aid them in the acts of thievery and of course, four magical maguffins aces and gems known as the Merlin's Suit: Ace of Spades and Emerald Spade, Ace of Clubs and Amethyst Club, Ace of Diamonds and Sapphire Diamond, and Ace of Hearts and Ruby Heart. Each of these suits and their corresponding gems control a facet of power (Spades = Wind/Healing, Clubs = Telekinesis/Invisibility, Diamonds = Water/Protection, Hearts = Fire/Paralysis). And at the end of it all, if one was to gather all four of these, gems and aces, they would open the door to Pandora...what that was to most, no one knew.

Regardless, that started the War of the Aces, and only one magician thief stopped it due to him stealing the Spades: Kaitou Kid (Renji Asano). In short, following the same basic idea of the Kaitou Kid anime/manga, Kaito Asano took the mantle of the Kid and went to town on trying to find his father's killer as well as finding out about Pandora.

Pretty cut and dry, right? Well, so is Kaito (literally). I will be the first to say that my character, Kaito Asano, wasn't and definitely isn't the most original. I believe Kyng, who co-hosted with me, had mentioned it too...and yet his character was 10x better...literally being a monk with black lightning...so cool. But still, I did what I could to distinguish him from the OG Kaitou Kid...though its mainly from the Ace and Emerald that this is possible.

Regardless, being original or not, I liked making Kaito and I loved making Midnight Magic, even if we only got three episodes out of it. It was a fun time and we all really enjoyed it!!

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Emote-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

The New Courageous Hero

x393wz.jpg

The Disgusted Perfectionist

x393wz.jpg

-sigh- Emote. Oh what a great RP this would've been... The original was put into conception by Giga and the remake was going to be done by Yui. However, with some slight complications, the RP was scrapped. I never got a chance to get into the first Emote...and now the second Emote was laid to rest as well. Alright, enough with that. I'll give you some information about the RP and then start on my two characters!

Emote, for all intents and purposes, has the cast of characters having an extremely powerful form of ESP that is connected to a specific emotion for that individual. In short, a character gets superpowers based on a specific emotion, which is an amazing concept. End result, government wants them under surveillance and their powers stopped...and the cast goes to Seattle to seek sanctuary with the group the Church of Salvation. Got all of that? Well, now let's get into the first of the two Emoters: Seiko Inoue!

Let's talk Seiko

Next, is my newest villain to date...Rien Cendre!

So about Rien...

In all honesty, I wish this RP could've been one that worked out. I believe both Seiko and Rien would've been amazing characters to be put in the situations of the RP and I believe the character interaction would be amazing between them. And having Seiko and Rien meet and possibly fight? That would be an amazing thought as well...an immovable hero versus a villain with a deadly touch...

• Dad likes this

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Quantum's Fragment-

x393wz.jpg

Substitute Teacher? Or Janitor?

x393wz.jpg

Now we're cooking with Science!

x393wz.jpg

Ready to have a bad time?~

x393wz.jpg

OH BABY A TRIPLE! xD Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Nevertheless, we have three new characters here for the Shonen Corner! All from Quantum's Fragment. One a substitute teacher, one a master of portals, and one who definitely likes to give out bad times! So...LET'S GET TO BUSINESS!!

Firstly, Tatsuo Date

Next...

Let's talk about Doug!

And lastly...

A quick bone to pick...

• Yui likes this

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Project <Genome>-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

Sweet Emotions

x393wz.jpg

Welp, time for another entry for the Shonen Corner! This one coming in straight from a Giga (Parentheses, whatever the hell he's calling himself) RP entitled: Project <Genome>.

How to easily explain Project Genome...well, I'll say it like this. Basically the sun lets off a huge solar flare in 2028, and because of it...it knocked around 7200 teenagers out and put them in comas. For some it ranged 7 hours, others it was like 13 days, but the teenagers all woke up...and with powers. It might've been a physical metamorphosis going on or just them getting powers, but they got it. And in the end, these Genomes as they were called, got a one way trip to a remote island in the South Pacific to go to school to learn how to use and control their powers. Literally this is Marvel's the Inhumans and X-Men all mixed together!

Now, when Giga made this RP, I applied for it...and when I did, I immediately saw Renegade's character in it. A technopath who could literally communicate with technology and end up holding conversations (legit conversations) with Siri. I was shocked to see something like that out here...but surprisingly Giga encouraged this style of character being created. Thanks to this, I was beginning work on my own character...and let's just say...he's anything like my normal characters. Also, do take note that the Biography section is literally the character explaining his story up to the present time. With this in mind, time to dive into the creation that is known as...Lloyd Jones.

Let's start off with his Genome mutation...cause who doesn't like powers? Well...apparently Lloyd doesn't...well not his anyway. Lloyd has the mutation power known as Clairempathy...in short, he can see/detect emotional resonances from an individual. Yeeeeeep, guess what this means? He legitimately has no offensive nor defensive capabilities with this power. All he can literally do is see a colored aura around people, in accordance with the wheel of emotions. This was a new style of character that my typical shonen tendencies had never truly attempted, but truth be told, I enjoyed creating Lloyd. And with this strange ability it made it even better. It would become the main driving force for him to go to this school for gifted youngsters, just in order to find a way to put this into either offensive or defensive abilities. And this happens to be the first character who always has aspirin or any medication with him at all times, just to keep the headaches at bay from him using his powers.

Going further with the Genome mutation, each of the cast had at least some strange mutation done to them within their cocoons. For Lloyd, he got a sixth finger on his right hand and his eyes constantly change color to reflect his own emotion at the time. With the hand thing, it was originally a joke between me and Yui, whose character was an avian Genome. However, with this power...I felt it perfect for him. Throw in a Princess Bride reference with a crappy power, kill two birds with one stone. As for the eyes, well, if your seeing the emotions of others...why not have your own emotions on display?

Through the mutation, I had it where Lloyd's personality drastically began to change. Originally, Lloyd was just your typical teenaged boy: not wanting to talk about feelings, keep to himself, always skating by the seat of his pants. Though, I decided to have fun with this, making him suddenly want to talk to others about their emotions...though usually keeping talk of his own emotions to a minimum. But from it all...I knew I wanted one thing out of Lloyd's personality: resentment. Resentment, Sonic what are you talking about? Well, to put it simply, Lloyd is a comic fanatic. Superpowers are something that most young boy always wants to see himself with...so when the change finally comes and you end up getting shafted on both mutation and power...wouldn't you feel resentful for the whole ordeal? The power to see emotions sounds like something that doesn't necessarily scream freakin' amazing, which was the whole idea with Lloyd. A young boy who was gifted powers, only to see he got something that was literally worthless to him.

Honestly, I would love to see Lloyd grow further...but at the moment, it seems the RP is either dead or slowly stopping. Regardless, I'm sure I could find a way to work this character into something else if it ever comes to it.

• Yui likes this

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Chrome Shelled Regios: The Trinity-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

The Dark Gumshoe

x393wz.jpg

From the depths of YCM and its RP archive...comes the one that has "sparked" quite a few references between me and Kyng...get it, cause he uses electricity... *pauses for laughter* ....fine...be that way. Either way, today we look at the RP hosted by Aisu/Elfie known as "Chrome Shelled Regios: The Trinity" and my character Damian Kuso!

As always, lets get the history of the RP and its plot out of the way for you! One Copy and Paste comin' right up!!

Basic RP Plot

This isn't your carbon copy of the Chrome Shelled Regios anime, but regardless, this was an interesting little RP, with a lot of things happening here and there...kept me guessing. However, its time to hit on my nostalgia and poke fun of my character...this is Damian Kuso!

Damian Kuso, is a sophomore student with the element of darkness and happens to be a detective...oh and he has black lightning. Yes...yes, this is the character that started the "black lightning" joke between me and Kyng. He suggested it and I actually went with it...and it was pretty cool for the time we did it. Regardless, let's get to the character himself, shall we?

If you couldn't already tell by the job and the obvious theme for detectiving...annnnnd the quote...I was HUGELY hooked on Detective Conan (huh, think its a theme going around about me being hooked on Gosho Aoyama's works...). That might've been the reason for his creation at this time, but at the same time, it was something that I felt could work well for me. Plus, a detective-esque character was new for me at this time, so I was slowly breaking out of comfort zones. ...Also the name Kuso is a letter away from Kudo...so yeah there's that too...XD

Now, of course, anime RPs will allow characters to have weapons and abilities...and that's one thing I KNOOOOOW you all want to see and hear about! With the weapons, its pretty straight forward. Ebony Star/a katana and knives as well as a pair of twin pistols. Honestly, swords and guns made it great for gun-kata buuuut that was before I knew specifically what that was, so Damian would literally be using them separately. To be fair, this was also still early on in my RP history here...this was about the same year as "Wishing on a Star". Anyway, onto the abilities! Now a character's abilities in CSR here coincided with their element...Damian's was darkness...so I went with some interesting ones. We have Dark Shock...literally black lightning and this was the ability that Damian was struggling with grasping how to use...so this was one that he didn't use much. Then we have...*looks at the app*...I literally ripped off Shadow Ball from Pokémon...and didn't even change the name...*shrugs*. Then we have Chaos Booster, which allowed Damian to shoot a wave of dark energy to propel himself forward...which he used constantly on his skateboard.

As for personality, well *insert normal shonen traits here*. Also, this was back before my characters truly had a personality (even if they're shonen as hell). However, his biography I had it weaved into the narrative that would make it his main driving force. His father, Tyson Kuso was a detective and working a big case. Unfortunately, Tyson's evidence from this case suddenly ended up missing. Because of this, Tyson lost his position and rank as a detective and in the shame, hung himself. Damian then vowed to solve this case for his father... Yeah, some things may've sounded out of place or even in a way that would leave plot holes, but yet again, this was when I was just starting.

All in all, Damian Kuso was great...even if he was FULL of references (then again, what character isn't? xD). I'd love to bring the detective back if given a chance to rework 'im. Juuuuuust gotta make sure Stalfos doesn't bring in his character from this RP. Heh, that was an interesting one...hopefully he'll show you all that...maybe even pester him for it.

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

approachingchallenger.jpg

-BGM-

x393wz.jpg

The Tiger of Light

x393wz.jpg

*Looks at last post date* Jeeeeeez...I haven't posted anything in so long. Well, you can blame college for that, buuuuut since I finished my finals and whatnot, I was able to work on something I was trying to work on for a while now: a female character.

.....Unfortunately, my first female character I have sort of run into a brick wall on designing her character. However, looking at Cow's database, I learned of an RP I never knew existed: Super Sentai Magic Force. Magical Girls plus Super Sentai/Power Rangers...I had to look into this more. And when I did...I found a spark of inspiration. And from the spark, came the beautiful ray of light that is Kiyoko Hino...the White Tiger Ranger.

I did base the creation of this character solely off what I saw from this RP, cause who knows, maybe it'll return...and when it does, this may just appear. So without further ado, I present to you my first female character!!

Of course, first glance at her general appearance, you'll notice the obvious clothing color. It's Sentai/Power Rangers...your characters are OBVIOUSLY going to wear the color corresponding to their ranger color. So keeping in tradition with that, I chose one that accentuated this nicely. You'll also know in her general appearance that it mentions she wears the garb and clothes of a shrine maiden. This isn't a typo: Kiyoko Hino is a shrine maiden ranger. Before I continue, yes, I had something specific in mind when I created this character and basing her: the shrine maiden of the Sailor Scouts, Rei Hino/Sailor Mars. More on this later...

With personality, I had her being a quick learner (which to be frank, if your a magical girl/power ranger, it's something that they need to be). I put this into application with both her duties of a maiden and even in her studies at school. Aside from this, I also gave her the normal everyday stereotypical girl things to sort of separate her from my male characters (going to the mall and looking for the right guy, being the main things). At the same time, I put an interesting quirk for Kiyoko: she is both clumsy and shy when it comes to guys her age. This, I made as a sort of play for myself, namely when I put that Kiyoko says "guys her age intimidate her". I put this here to sort of give her a bit of a humanity element. For many, those of the opposite sex (or same) that we want to pursue for BFs/GFs, trying to approach them can be a bit of an intimidating and scary feat. As such, I wanted to show that she was actually like anyone else. Continuing, I had her also be lazy/bored due to the fact of her stagnant lifestyle and a lack of excitement.

Her story is pretty straight forward:

• Family is of a long line of shrine maidens
  • Trained to become one
  • Becomes bored
  • Finds plot device gemstone (white opal)
  • PLOT!

In all actuality, I think it might've been the most straight forward bio I've made! XD

Now for the best part...IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!! As stated before, Kiyoko's little gem that allows her to transform is of a white opal, fastened into a necklace. As for her transformation/morph...I found this before I made her a shrine maiden. After looking at it long enough, I found that it just fit perfectly and it was an opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. As for the powers, since it's magical girls, Kiyoko deals with light manipulation. Of course, I made this a reference to the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, due to the White Ranger's power being forged from something that Zordon called "the White Light of Good". The power that she deals with only has one drawback, namely when she's wielding her weapon: light = heat and if she holds her weapon for too long, she'll burn her hands. Other than this, she's able to create light constructs and even provide healing, making her a well rounded fighter. The weapon she has, the Tiger Blade is a white katana (Rukia's from Bleach, I know), but originally I thought of using Saba from Power Rangers....but it was waaaaaay too obvious.

Something else to note, is that I gave Kiyoko a flute, which I named the Byakko Flute. This little Dragon Dagger reference allows for her to call her Zord, the White Tigerzord. Once again, I could've used the Tigerzord from Power Rangers, but it was too easy. Not only this, but with this, the Zords the girls use happen to become their own Megazords. And due to it...I found the image of the Byakko Mode Tigerzord and completely fell in love...seeing it fit the whole theme as a whole.

Now for just the references in general. As previously mentioned, Rei Hino/Sailor Mars was inspiration for Kiyoko. Both being magical girl and shrine maidens, its mainly the reason I even considered using "Hino" as the name of her family. Other than this, another reference happens to be zord. Byakko Mode, I took from the White Tiger of the West/Byakko. It was an opportunity to use it, plus it also pays homage to Dairanger, the Sentai series that gave the world the Byakkoranger/the White Tiger Ranger.

I know that I haven't played as her yet and I did a full analysis on her, but I was too excited to share this, so I had to. But will she see her own spotlight? Only time will tell!

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Contractors: Acknowledgement Zer0-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

One Shot, One Kill

x393wz.jpg

Not going to lie, I had almost forgot about this character...until Cow posted his character from the same RP. Of course, I just haaaaaad to post him...cause why not XD

Anyway, let's talk about this RP: Contractors: Acknowledgement Zer0. This was yet another RP created by the hands of Hi I'm Dad/Eros Thanatos and well...it really brought me out of my normal niche...shonen protagonists. No, in this RP, those who applied for these character slots were one thing: assassins...hitmen...killers. And of course, we were also supposed to not have a bio present in the OOC version of the app, keeping this similar as a individual's file. Unfortunately, it was only alive for 4 pages and it's rebirth didn't get off the ground. Nevertheless, allow me to introduce you all to Kyle Murphy aka Aero.

Firstly, allow me to talk about Aero's appearance...though it's not much to talk about. I put there in the application the normal, casual attire while throwing out there the mission attire as well...which at first glance you can already tell one thing: my character is a sniper. Wow...that was a lot shorter on the appearance part...huh.

Let's go with his personality next, we'll save biography for later. Due to him being a hell of a sniper, of course he'll be a bit cocky in his skills. However, at the same time he's also a respectable soldier and will take his orders that are given and will carry them out without any problem. At the same time, Aero is the first character I've created who tends to want to keep silent whenever he can, especially when he's sniping. Of course he has a good reason for it. Then again, he does tend to act cold when he has to interact with others, as he feels caring for someone is a weakness...which based upon something that happened to him personally.

From that last part, I feel it's time to bring out the bio on our dear sniper. *pulls out a book from the shelf and blows the dust off it* This is the bio, the one that only Dad had eyes privy to view...it's time for it to come to light....

Contractor File 97XX

From this, you see how things changed Kyle into the killer he became. Because of a call he made, something that was meant for him ended up having the one he cared about dying instead. At the same time, this initialized his reasoning for becoming the assassin he was now, in order to find this "Messenger of Death" and end their miserable life.

With that being said, let's move along into combat! First thing to know, is that all Contractors have a special power known as Latent Potentials. For Kyle/Aero, it was increased reflexes and something known as Inhuman Eyesight/Sniper Vision. From this, I took inspiration from the Eagle Vision of Assassin's Creed, where three separate colors depicted specific areas on the emotion spectrum. The weapons he has happens to be an assortment of sniper rifle, a silencer, revolver, a radio headset, and of course...incendiary ammo...cause biiiiiiig booms. As for the special skills, I had them reflect his time in the service, even adding some skills in parkour...cause why the hell not? xD

As for the name and his general alias, they were chosen from famous snipers or just styles of snipers. Kyle for the "American Sniper", Chris Kyle, Murphy for Timothy Murphy who sniped a British General in the American Revolution, and finally Aero which being a jab at "arrow", which were used by archers, a type of sniper (if you think about it).

All in all, this character was amazing to create and once again it pulled me from my comfort zones of the shonen box. Would definitely use him again if I could.

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Aethertouched-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

The Light of the Court

x393wz.jpg

Another entry in the database coming in!! This time, we look at a character I made for Giga's RP, "Aethertouched"!

First, a glimpse at the simple plot of Aethertouched!

In short, the cast of characters that we RPers made in this RP were humans who were able to bring out the true manifestations of our souls. This is pretty much the gist of the entirety of the RP, and it wasn't a bad one at that either! Unfortunately, the RP lasted only five pages, but nonetheless, I was able to bring forth a character that was quite the interesting one at that...

I present you all with the database entry: Gareth Apollo, the Light of the Court.

This character, unlike most my other various characters in this compendium (big words are being used now...ohhhhh boy!! xD), lives each day as if it were his last. To be honest, this is a human element in a character that I've never actually used much in my characters for RPs...but for Gareth, I believe it works well. With him being an individual with a grasp of medieval chivalry of a knight, it makes sense that he would want to live like its his last day... Oh plus it would be giving his parents an honor, since they died in a plane crash. So that would also probably cause someone to want to live each day like it was their last too. Regardless, Gareth being the loyal knight is the one to answer the call to help those in need when they need it.

Now, let's move onto the combat side of Gareth. First off, his soul manifestation. Given that he's from England and quite chivalrous, I found it fitting to have his soul manifest into Excalibur, complete with scabbard. Of course, you'll notice that I made HIS Excalibur the one from YGO, Noble Arms - Excalibur. Why?? Simple, the design is FREAKING AMAZING!!! *Clear throat* Anyway, with it, Gareth is given two distinct powers from his manifested soul: photomanipulation and regeneration.

The photomanipulation and regeneration was due to the mythos behind Excalibur itself. There have been some accounts in literature and legends where Excalibur was known to blind and shine, while the scabbard was said to not let one bleed. Due to these, I weaved them into the abilities of Gareth's soul. An interesting combination of abilities, if I do say so myself. And that pretty much wraps the whole combat section XD

Also, I did take time to make references here and there other than the Excalibur manifestation and abilities. The name of the character is a combination of two separate figures: Sir Gareth, a knight who was in the court of King Arthur and Apollo, the Greek god of light, music, and poetry. Gareth's parents were named "Lance" and "Morgan", of course, named after two figures in Arthurian Legend: Sir Lancelot and Morgan Le Faye respectively.

All in all, I found this character to be quite interesting...and so did Giga. Piece of bonus trivia, in "Quantum's Fragment", Giga entered the RP with a character who did photomanipulation who ALSO had Wings of Light being used. They say flattery will get you everywhere... ;D

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Drakenguard-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

The Tamer of Wyverns

x393wz.jpg

Another entry, but this one is a character that never made into an RP...surprisingly...another Blu RP. I have had bad luck with his RPs for the longest time, huh? Anywho! This is the RP known as Drakenguard, with the simple plot being...quite large...let's go with that....

Simple Plot

Jeez that's long... o.o Regardless, my character for this entry is known as Astor Flamme. Now, this character didn't get in for a couple reasons...most of which I don't exactly remember. However, I know one reason was because of the general appearance. For this character YES I used an Elsword character, so that was one reason. As for the other reasons, I'm not sure...but regardless, I know it wasn't because of Gravity Gear this time!! XD

So long story short on this guy, I had him be a wyvern tamer while also making him a knight who both has a thing for music (especially with the technique Flamme's Score) and fire in general. Was the reason possibly because I couldn't find a specific motif to stick with for Astor? Perhaps, but I can't exactly remember.

However, one thing I want to talk about is Flamme's Score. Like with Joker's Underground, I had this one specifically deal with a musical score accompanying it, just like I did with Sadao. However for this, I made it the classical medieval bard styled music, making it fitting. The idea was it literally being to make Astor a sort of musical conductor in a sense to have the will-o-wisps follow his directions as they morph into musical notes. Honestly, it would be an interesting idea...but alas it didn't work.

Style of the character in general, it was my normal styled character trope: free-spirited, has a fiery temper that he'll bottle up and unleash if need be, etc. So not much out of the ordinary there with him.

Yeah, Astor wasn't too bad, but apparently he wasn't good enough. Still...glad I made the fiery knight.

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Assassin's Creed: Generations-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

The Assassin

x393wz.jpg

Ooooooh man! I didn't think I'd bring this gem and dig it up any time soon! xD

I loved making this character and I loved this RP. And it's one that made it into a small number of RPs which finished. Grant it, it wasn't ending well enough, but it did regardless. However, let's talk simple plot of the RP before anything else.

Simple Plot

Bit of backstory here...this was before, I believe AC3 came out. In short, I made this without knowing most of the things that would happen in the game series itself. Either way, let's talk about the character of the day: Matt Mercer!

Now Matt, in the most blatant terms, is based off of me. Name wise as well...first name, to be precise. However, while this self insert was made, I made sure to make him his own character the best I could. I believe this was one of the starts of my shonen character making, but I can't tell. Nevertheless, he came into his own, least from what I could tell.

Starting from just the backstory of him alone, both him and his brother John being abused by their paternal father, being adopted by a foster family...who happened to once they adopted them started training his older brother to be an assassin. And then later on find out the Templars killed said brother and he decides to follow in his brother's footsteps to be an assassin. All in all, a pretty straight forward story. However, I went a step further...as this was to be the app/bio for the future sequel known as "AC: Consequences". I detailed the main points of the RP itself and even what happened later on in the days/months/years following the end of "Generations".

Honestly, there isn't too much to say about this old character of mine. Matt Mercer was created in 2011, the years I was still trying to become a better RPer, so I can look back at this and say that I've greatly improved. Although it's nice...always nice...to see a familiar character.

Hakima

Hakima

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 292 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:32 AM

So... was sharing the name with a relatively well-known voice actor a coincidence? 

Accurate Mental Image
Danger Is My Middle Name

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

So... was sharing the name with a relatively well-known voice actor a coincidence? 

It was a complete coincidence.

At this point in my RP character creation, I never really cared or even thought of connecting stuff like that to the character. And further, I did't know the VA of Matt Mercer before until recently.

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Bluefire-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

Fuzzy, but Deadly

x393wz.jpg

Time for a new entry in the shonen corner, with one that maaaaaaay not be 100% shonen himself! LE GASP!!! XD

Today, we look at the character simply known as Do'jhera Solmanrin/Isaiah Evans from the RP known as "Bluefire", an RP with the premise of a VRMMORPG run by by Ren! Now this is my first VRMMORPG type character and I enjoyed making him!

Here's the short plot/premise of Bluefire:

The Simple Plot of Bluefire

So with the plot out of the way, let's talk about my character, Do'jhera!

Immediately, you can tell one thing: Do'jhera is actually a tiger warrior. To try and break out of my normal human styled characters, plus at the same time trying to go for something that would a bit more fun to use, I chose a Khepura, which in this RP was the feline race. Of course, I was intrigued with this, as I immediately saw the parallels between the Khepura and the Khajiit race of the Elder Scrolls series...and in Skyrim, I actually chose a Khajiit to play as. So it was literally nostalgic for me!

Anyway, lets start off first with the OG individual before we get to the Khepura. Isaiah Evans is the human who created the player avatar known as Do'jhera for Bluefire. Now, its obvious about two things for Isaiah: he's a techie and he doesn't know how to play MMOs. The techie thing, I couldn't help myself. After getting my Bachelor's degree in IT, I found it fitting to throw something like that in a character (it won't be the last, I can assure you that!). But the dynamic of not knowing how to play MMOs was something I toyed with. As expected, half of the RP cast put that they knew how to play MMOs for their characters (save a few), so I went with the opposite dynamic, just to see what would happen. And the result...was beautiful.

As for Do'jhera himself, I took the liberty of going on the Fantasy Name Generator and got his name. Though at the same time, I did research on the Khajiit's naming scheme and I obviously took a lot of inspiration on them and put them into this Khepura. Do' being the prefix, in the Khajiit language that shows that a certain individual of the race is a warrior and Do'jhera's class was just that, a Warrior and with the Sub-Class of a Duelist...more on that later.

Now, for personality of this character, I went with something out of the ordinary for me. I made him constantly in a state of worry and being scared. As still being a newbie player in the realm of MMOs, I created him to be always worried about being the one guy who held the party back because of his inability to catch on with MMOs. He always needs to be reliant on others to help him, and I had it like this to make him feel both weak and insignificant. Further on this, he does want to get better, but the only reason I gave was so that those around him would stop dying because he relied on them too much.

This all plays into the bio I crafted for Do'jhera. Firstly, he picked the worst sub-class of them all. When Bluefire had it's little "problem", a hefty number of those in the Duelist class started dying off. One could now understand why he panicked. Eventually he found his first guild to die during a raid, due to him losing focus and thinking about him dying because of all the others in Duelist class dying. He lost those he called friends in this first guild and constantly blamed himself later on for this. Of course, I had him find a second guild later, but of course...they also died. In the game itself, there were these bugs/glitches that would spawn these things known as sieges in certain areas. It just so happened that one spawned at the location of where his other guild was and they died...while he ran away. After this, he just began to live life by himself, only surviving by making a living as a fisher and chief/cook. This is where the story would meet up with Do'jhera and he'd join Ithaca.

Now...with all that out of the way, let's get into the abilities and inventory parts!~ For inventory, I outfitted Do'jhera with a special light armor, due to his Duelist class which tend to work hand-in-hand with his weapons, which were based off a Skyrim weapon set as well. The accessories given to the tiger were actually to help increase his resistance to magic, due to the Khepura's weaknesses in those areas. As for abilities, thanks to some help from those in the RP, I was able to outfit Do'jhera with a few physical moves, a dodge, and a buff, along with a few passive skills that benefit him which range from fishing, cooking, and night-vision. Further, I even decided to, because this was a fantasy MMORPG setting, give Do'jhera an alignment with a in game deity, which of course upped the acrobatics of the Duelist.

All in all, I am surprised those in the RP liked Do'jhera and it was a breath of fresh air for myself. I even got a bit of character development thanks to Ren for him during a small scene in the RP, though I do wish I could continue the development. Either way, this was a fun character to create and I'd happily use him again!

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Project: Gemini-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

Enter the Gekkouga

x393wz.jpg

FIRST ENTRY OF 2018!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!

I apologize for such a long wait for this, but I've been a little preoccupied. Either way, got a new character to add to our illustrious Shonen Corner!! I introduce you to my character known as Koga/Scott Grayson from Project: Gemini!

As always, the simple plot of Project: Gemini, another Ren RP!

Simple Plot of Project: Gemini

Td;lr: It's a sequel to one of his other PKMN RPs and the cast happened to be "willing" *coughkidnappedcough* subjects to be injected with Pokémon DNA. Tis a fantastic little idea. Unfortunately, the RP lasted about two pages before Ren disappeared.

Still, with that out of the way...let's begin our exploration of my character, Koga!

Let's start off with the appearance, first. Right from the getgo, you all can tell one thing about his appearance: it's very VERY Greninja like. And well, that's the point. Since we're being spliced with Pokémon DNA, I went with something to the effect of trying to make it where he looked like a Greninja. And I immediately found this picture and definitely wanted to use it. Yet another character and appearance which are short enough to explain XD

Now, personality wise is next for Koga! With him, I decided to go with the opposite of what I normally do with my characters. I made this character quite aloof, meaning it was going to be quite hard for him to be sociable with other characters. Though again, I kept the initial thoughts of him wanting to help those and actually care about those around him (ya know, the general shonen traits lol). Other than that, not much else is of note...

Now we get to the biography...which you may notice there isn't one. Welp, it's just like my Contractors character, Ren needed the bio for himself to see. But now, here it is for the rest of you louts!! So here is Koga's...rather...Scott Grayson's bio.

Hidden Past of Scott Grayson

So just starting on his journey to become a Pokémon Master and Scott ends up getting taken by De Novo. It's something that I thought long and hard about, but at the end, thought it would be good narrative wise. After all, his friends and family would just think he was on his journey to beat the Gyms, not abducted. All in all, it makes sense on why no one went to look for the young man.

Anyway, let's get moving to the next portions! DNA Mutations and the Pokémon! Firstly, Mutations. In this RP, those who were spliced with Pokémon DNA would be given a Major and Lesser mutation for their characters, the sky was the limit for the different mutations. However, for Koga, I went one way for him: for the Major/Greater -> Retractable tongue and adhesiveness to mirror the same from Greninja or amphibians in general, Lesser -> General enhanced agility. Now this stuff, I modeled to reflect another character with amphibian physiology: Toad from the X-Men series. Honestly, this was an interesting combination to work with and Ren was exceedingly happy about it, so hopefully I did something right! On the other hand, let's talk about Scott's only Pokémon: Hanzo the Shiny Accelgor. I went with the general ninja motif regarding the Pokémon without just choosing a Greninja. And Accelgor is pretty awesome, with the moveset of Water Shuriken (Greninja Staple), Energy Ball, Bug Buzz, and Hidden Power (Water). Honestly, it was a Pokémon I happened to start liking and it just literally moved into the RP when I made Koga/Scott.

I enjoyed making Koga, but I did wish the RP would've stayed alive long enough for things to happen a lot better. After all, we hadn't even gotten past the first day at the facility too. Still, maybe Koga or even Scott will find themselves in a different RP...who knows. Only time will tell...

• Dad likes this

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

-Decode Cipher-

(link here)

x393wz.jpg

Havin' a Bloody Good Time

x393wz.jpg

A new member for our Shonen Corner, this time coming from an RP from VCR_Cat's RP known as "Decode Cipher". It was one that didn't get too far off the ground, but it was freakin' amazing!! And as always, I took a character and went off the deep end. But before we get to him, I present, the Simple Plot of Decode Cipher.

A Simple Plot

So unlike many other RPs which deal with online games and what not, this one is literally a log on and log out scenario. For this, it would resemble something akin to "TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise". But now, let's get to what we've all come here for. Ladies and gentlemen, I present: Lan Sisco...or better known as Bl00dYGudTim3/CrimsonRiot.

First off, lets start off with the naming scheme for all of them. Lance Sisco, Lance being shortened to Lan for a reference to the Local Area Network or LAN. As for Sisco, it's just a corruption of the word "Cisco". Plain and simple on the user's name. Now, let's talk about the first online name. For Bl00dYGudTim3, that was actually given to me as a username idea by our very own Hi I'm Dad. He suggested it, for it to be something so out of character and even borderline noobish that it just seemed to work out so well. Lastly, CrimsonRiot, the Tokusatsu avatar of Lan. This was an unintentional reference to a My Hero Academia character of the same name...nothing more.

Next is appearances!! For Lan, I took the general idea of this being in the future and with that in mind went with a Cyberpunkish looking character. For Bloody, I took some liberties with the ARC Network avatar creation. While wanting to keep it humanoid-esque, I decided to make it look a bit elvish, due to the fact that this is an online world and let's be fair...there are elves everywhere on the internet and gaming in some shape or form. As for Crimson, well...I needed a superhero appearance and this was just one I had been waiting, laying around.

Let's get into personality next. As with most of my characters, I tend to try and have them reflect me in some shape or form. And to be perfectly honest, Lan does reflect me quite a bit. As someone who is a techie (not a Trekie, mind you), I found making this type of character and his personality a lot more easier than any of my other characters, almost like I was putting myself into a character app (just with some minor adjustments here and there). And of course, it isn't a Chaos Sonic character if I don't end up having them have a bit of a shonen hero side, which definitely comes out when he uses his CrimsonRiot avatar loadout.

Next is the biography. It's actually pretty straight forward in regards to a character's backstory, to be perfectly honest. No harsh problems or anything. Then again, this is more of a slice of life RP, with the occasional fighting and mystery solving.

Lastly, happens to be the Cipher Abilities. As mentioned prior, Ciphers have unique abilities that their avatars in the ARC Network can utilize. And Lan's Bloody and Crimson avatars are no exception. For him, I had them based upon the theme and motif of computer programs or software, under the name known as "Programmer". Each ability and technique that Lan's Avatar has is mentioned in great detail in the app, so re-hashing them again would do them an injustice. Nevertheless, I did my best to base them on skills and abilities that would befit a character such as CrimsonRiot. After all, he's based on a Tokusatsu hero...he's gotta have the badass abilities!

All in all, this character was one of the best ones I've played. It was a character I could easily create, due to it being similar to myself in more ways than one, plus it allowed me to branch out for something that had not only one avatar for an online system, but a secondary one as their heroic persona. I would definitely choose to use Lan again if I had the chance. Perhaps he'll make it back in another online world RP, same as Do'jhera...who knows.

• Dad likes this

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

(link)

x393wz.jpg

A Burning Soul

x393wz.jpg

IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY!!!

Yeah it's been a while since I've sent a character to throw them into the archive!! So let's start with a new character that I looked past: I give you, Shinya from Avatar: Elemental Dystrophy by Dad!

Let's talk some stuff about this first...

A Simple Plot

So in short: this is after the events of Korra and just natural Bending is pretty much bad right now cause of the Elemental Dystrophy disease that's been going around. So what to do with things while trying to apparently find the missing Avatar and a sure-fire cure for all Benders? Simple: recruit simple normal people and give them some state of the art technology that'll help them Bend!!!

Got all that? Now let's start talking about Shinya himself!! Let's start with his naming scheme! Shinya specifically has two distinct meanings: passionate or fiery heart, in where I had the secondary meaning be the one that is what describes the young man...ya know, since he's from the Fire Nation.

The appearance, this was literally me looking for a good image of a Firebender. Yes I know that with the RP and what not, he doesn't have the ability of Bending in general, but given the fact that looking for Fire Nation citizens on the internet just literally gave me the background characters and no one wants that. So instead, I searched up Firebender images and rather than going for an obvious dark haired individual like most Fire Nation citizens are...I found this blonde haired Firebender. So that's why I went with it...cause it's different from the norm.

For personality...[picks up a book called, "Sonic's Book of Character Personality Tropes"]...dude is friendly, treats everyone respectfully (bender or non)...yeah that's basically it. Upside: he has a bit of quirk in regards to being different, his meditation style or his martial arts practicing when he wants to be left alone for a while. And in the regards for combat, he normally plays a defensive style in the manner of waiting for someone else to take the first move and planning counterattacks in response.

In the area of biography, it's straight forward: he was born and raised on Shu Jing (home of master Piandao), learned how to do martial arts since he couldn't Firebend and really didn't like trying to learn the ways of the blade, also learned how to survive on his own, Firelord dies of the disease as well as the other benders he knew (well fall ill), annnnnnnnnd plot finds him. Told ya that was straight forward!

Now, lastly the Skills that Shinya possesses. Of course, he has a tech glove to allow him to Firebend, but that's not all. Shinya is a professional martial artist, proficient in using two specific styles: Northern Shaolin Kung Fu and Hung Ga Kung Fu. Along with this, he's proficient as a hunter thanks to his father helping him out and teaching him how to survive.

All in all, Shinya was a character I was trying my best to work with, especially with this being a different style of Dad RP that I'm used to. Nevertheless, I had fun playing this character. Though next time...I might actually just make him a straight up Bender...cause yeah...not being able to just Bend was KILLER for this!! xD

Y'shtola

Y'shtola

Though time be against us, hope shall ever be on our side.

• Elite Members
  • 2,321 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Sethera

I need to check the Database more often...and omg Dr. Horrible!

Oh man, Shinya. Good times, man, good times.

And yeah not being able to bend was frustrating at first, though at least your guy knew kung fu. Mine just threw rocks at people lmao.

Also the extra information on his name and the kung fu was pretty cool. Shows that you did research for him.

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 19,465 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

I need to check the Database more often...and omg Dr. Horrible!

Oh man, Shinya. Good times, man, good times.

And yeah not being able to bend was frustrating at first, though at least your guy knew kung fu. Mine just threw rocks at people lmao.

Also the extra information on his name and the kung fu was pretty cool. Shows that you did research for him.

XD Yeah...correction: he threw rocks and had a Lion-Dragon do most of his stuff for him sometimes! GDI Yao!!!

But yeah, I try and tend to do research on in regards to stuff like that for my characters when making them. Keyword there is "try", but nevertheless, the fact that the character worked in general made me even happier when the RP did it's thing.

Y'shtola

Y'shtola

Though time be against us, hope shall ever be on our side.

• Elite Members
  • 2,321 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Sethera

LOL True, Mimi was a beast. Well, literally and figuratively. Made up for Yao being pretty much useless.

Research is fun, and it was fun reading about the kung fu in your posts you made with Shinya too, so overall I think he was a success. :)

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users