Perfumers (Aroma support)

kevintriedge

These cards are based on the Perfumer characters from the mobile game QuizRPG: World of Mystic Wiz. Since they are perfumers, it is not strange for them to be grouped together with the Aroma archetype. However I didn't include "Aroma" in their name to make them unsearchable by Humid Winds.

I designed these cards to help covering the (many) weakness of the undersupported Aroma archetype.

The original images from the game are transparent png's, the backgrounds are all edited by me.

4dhhvPa.jpg

Princess of Eternity, Eterna Pom

WIND / Plant-type / Level 7 / ATK 2400 / 1200

This card is also treated as an "Aroma" monster while face-up on the field. During your Main Phase: You can reveal this card in your hand; immediately after this effect resolves, Tribute Summon this card using "Aroma" monsters you control as an additional Normal Summon. While your LP is higher than your opponent's, Special Summoned Effect Monsters your opponent controls cannot target "Aroma" monsters with their effects the turn they are Summoned. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 "Aroma" or "Perfumer" monster from your hand or field; Gain 1000 LP, then if you do, this card gains 1000 ATK and DEF until the End Phase.

f2TmOCJ.jpg

Perfumer of Spring, Felich Lily

WIND / Plant-type / Level 4 / ATK 1800 / DEF 1500

This card is also treated as an "Aroma" monster while face-up on the field. If you gain LP: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; change the target to face-down Defense Position. During your Main Phase: You can Tribute this card to target 1 "Aroma" or "Perfumer" monster in your Graveyard, except "Perfumer of Spring, Felich Lily"; Special Summon it, and if you do, gain 300 LP. Each effect of "Perfumer of Spring, Felich Lily" can only be activated once per turn.

1YvQRsm.jpg

Perfumer of Spring, Pham Lily

LIGHT / Plant-type / Level 4 / ATK 1600 / DEF 1800

This card is also treated as an "Aroma" monster while face-up on the field. If this card is Normal Summoned: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Aroma" monster from your Deck, also return it to your hand during your next Standby Phase. If you gain LP: You can target 1 other "Aroma" monster you control; during this turn, that monster's Continuous Effect that applies while you have higher LP than your opponent's LP is applied even if you have lower LP. Each effect of "Perfumer of Spring, Pham Lily" can only be activated once per turn.

I feel that Pham's second Optional Trigger effect is very important for Aromas, Jasmine in particular. Jasmine's first effect is nice when you have the momentum, but when you're cornered, it doesn't allow you to make comebacks. 

RitcwUk.jpg

Perfume Workshop

Quick-Play Spell 

Select and activate 1 of the following effects.
* Discard 1 card; Add 1 "Aroma" or "Perfumer" monster from your Deck to your hand, then gain 500 LP.
* If you gain LP while you control an "Aroma" monster: Target 1 card your opponent controls; Send it to the Graveyard. 

During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Gain 500 LP. Each effect of "Perfume Workshop" can only be activated once per turn.

Sure, Humid Winds generate a lot of pluses, but in practice the abundance of Aroma monsters in your hand is not THAT strong (other than for toolboxing) because they are not an archetype that can spam summon nor can make use of that abundant hand. Therefore, I add graveyard effects to reduce the need for more LP-gaining Spell/Traps that are ultimately a minus.

sD8OaLl.jpg

Aromatic Retreat
Quick-Play Spell

Target 1 Plant-type monster you control; Return it to your hand, then if you do, Special Summon 1 "Aroma" or "Perfumer" monster from your hand. During your turn, if this card is in your Graveyard, except if it was sent there this turn: You can banish this card; gain 200 LP for each "Aroma" monsters you control.

You can use this card to use an Aroma monster's effect more than once per turn.

These are pretty nice, if I do say so. The naming to keep them from searching seems like it would slow them down a bit, but their effects would seemingly add consistency to the archetype as a whole. The LP payout for Pham Lily is quite a bit for a narrowed summon. I know this archetype focuses on LP gain, but 2000 can really put someone behind, especially with "Aroma". All in all, it's cool to see someone giving the "Aroma" deck some love.

These are pretty nice, if I do say so. The naming to keep them from searching seems like it would slow them down a bit, but their effects would seemingly add consistency to the archetype as a whole. The LP payout for Pham Lily is quite a bit for a narrowed summon. I know this archetype focuses on LP gain, but 2000 can really put someone behind, especially with "Aroma". All in all, it's cool to see someone giving the "Aroma" deck some love.

Thank you! 

Hmm, you have a point, maybe I should reduce the cost to maybe 1000 LP. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived