{ A n n a r h e i m } The Falling Stars CβT

Aix

Annarheim

Basically, this is a rather slice-of-life focused VRMMORPG fantasy story following 5 characters and their struggles both in the game and outside.

• The state of the art VRMMORPG Annarheim is the dream realized by the young genius polymath Kim Ji-hoon, the inventor of the virtual reality engine who believed that the next step for society was to step inside the virtual world where lies absolute freedom and fulfilment.
  • With the intention of proving that virtual reality was superior to the real world, Annarheim was designed to be an extremely pleasing and highly fantastical experience, with high quality of life features, customizability, and content for all player demographics.
  • This is an Asian VRMMORPG, and thus adopts many of their tropes and their aesthetic. However, it does break from the mold and is a lot less grindy.
  • The international megaserver first went live two years ago in 2043. Players found themselves in the expansive world of Runen as entities of unknown origin called the Exiled.
  • The Exiled seem to be something akin to spirits and are able to freely modify their appearance, gender, voice, and stats. Appearances, outfits, and builds can all be saved as loadouts to be changed at a moment's notice.
  • There are no NPCs in Runen. Only the beautiful ruins of several lost civilizations and countless fearsome monsters that roam it.
  • Levels, unless there is a very large gap, make only minimal difference.
  • Looming in the sky of Runen is a massive planet, called Enterra, estimated to be the size of Saturn through astronomy techniques applied to the game world. It was discovered that Runen was merely one of Enterra's moons.
  • As predicted by some, Kim Ji-hoon now announced that all this so far has been merely the alpha phase of the game. The true game shall take place on the planet.
  • The first closed beta has started and players can find closed beta keys as account bound drops. These keys allow a party of five entry into Enterra's atmosphere, however the party must find a method of traversing space and landing on Enterra proper.

yᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ

• Your character is just another player. Not necessarily hardcore or anything. Rather, you just happened to be at the right place at the right time and invited by a complete stranger to be part of their party to enter the new world.
  • Your character has a life outside the game and is expected to be affected by it. Feel free to base your character's life on your own for inspiration. Or to rant and vent about your own life.
  • I expect realistic and fleshed out characters. Although this RP does have an animesque aesthetic, don't make your character overly animesque in personality.

ʀᴏʟᴇᴩʟᴀy ᴍᴇᴄʜᴀɴɪᴄs

• We won't be world-building too much beforehand beyond a basic framework. Things will be made up as we go. There is no real host role. Anyone is free to control NPCs.
  • Each round of the roleplay will be five days at most. If someone doesn't post with those five days, we'll just say they temporarily disconnected because of technical difficulties. This includes me. If I haven't posted, I DC'ed. Players simply return to where they were before the disconnection.
  • Acceptance is limited to four other characters.

ᴀᴇsᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄ ɪɴsᴩɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Just take a glimpse of the below trailers for a quick taste of how I imagine it.

Hmmm, I think I won't use a database, lore blurb, or anything.

I'll contain all necessary information about the basics of the game in my first post. Anything I don't put there you can make up or ask me if you're really uncertain.

Might make for a really long post though.

Also, glad to have you two aboard.

...as much as I would like to join this, I would be threatening the stability of this RP due to a lack of any real GM. Especially since I would be innately trying to basically 'take over' the RP...

Take over in what way? Considering how most of the time YCMers don't take much initiative, being more assertive is fine.

Many players only use one or two build loadouts because it takes time to learn and master how to use a build. Physical builds in particular can be hard to master due to having to actually use martial arts, but the high skill cap means higher potential. On the other hand, magic is comparatively weaker, but has high versatility, strategic potential, and glass cannon abilities.

Reaching max level takes a LONG time, but fortunately level does not affect gameplay too much.

With the way stats work in this game, it is generally most effective to spread them out somewhat due to diminishing returns on stat vs. actual value - aka git creative with your build. We're not going to be using actual numbers cuz that's lame. The main stats in this game are as follows:

• Strength - pretty self-explanatory. How much you can lift, how much force you can put behind your blows. Basic necessity for physical damage based builds.
  • Speed - how fast you can move. Unless you want to never hit with physical blows or never dodge, you want to invest in this.
  • Endurance - how much stamina/chi you have. This also affects to a minor extent your health.
  • Concentration - how much magical power you can output. Basic necessity for magic-based builds.
  • Potential - how much magic you can use, aka how much mana you have.
Skills, traits, and spells exist in skill trees. Physical skill trees consist mostly of passive traits and stances (which grant effects while being in a stance) while magic skill trees predominantly consist of spells. Some skill trees consist entirely of defensive passives. To unlock a skill tree, you have to either find a skill trainer, complete a quest, or read a skill book. Then, you can invest skill points into unlocking those skills on the tree, many skills also can have extra points invested in them to make them stronger. Some trees have a great deal of branches and/or a great number of skills, especially rare skill trees that can only be unlocked with rare books. Example path on skill tree: Boxer Skill Tree - Guard Stance (Stance) > Hardened Fists (Passive) > Phantom Jabs (Skill) > Knockout Punch (Skill).

Defensive stats come predominantly from armor and also can come from passive traits.

You may change the following app format around a bit, but remember I want your character's in-game information. The other stuff you can keep us guessing.

[spoiler=Example App: Akasha WIP]

Account Information

Login Name: Akasha.6072

Nickname: Akasha

Level: 82/100

[spoiler=In-Game Appearance]Due to having the Permanent Magic Mirror item, Akasha can freely change his appearance. He typically switches between four saved appearances. Each one corresponds to one of Akasha's build loadouts and is part of the "Akasha Family". If each of these appearances could be seen as his alts, his "main" would be the short girl with the pinkish purple hair and blue eyes.

azQRGTU.png

[spoiler=Online Personality]

Skills and Loadouts

Akasha is a jack of all trades who enjoys switching up his play style on whim. As mainly a solo PvE player who plays at his own pace, he is not particularly skilled, but he has a great deal of knowledge due to spending a lot of time browsing wikis and forums.

[spoiler=Akasha Rosabel - Curses/Fists Balanced WIP]
Main Stats: Strength, Speed, Endurance

Weapons: Gloves

Armor: Minimal, magic-resist clothing

Details: A relatively balanced build with allocation into Concentration and Potential as well in order to take advantage of the on-hit curses. Inflicts strong sustained damage along with constant debuffs from the curses. Good for all-around use.

Main Skills

[spoiler=Akasha Fentas - Spellsword Burst WIP]

Main Stats: Strength, Speed, Concentration

Weapons: Sword

Armor: Minimal, magic-resist clothing

Details: A purely burst damage build.

Main Skills

[spoiler=Akasha Maria - Summoner/Support WIP]

Main Stats: Speed, Endurance, Concentration, Potential

Weapons:

Armor

Details:

Main Skills

[spoiler=Akasha Boreas - DoT/Curses Tank]

Main Stats: Endurance, Strength, Concentration

Weapons: Warhammer

Armor: Heavy Plate Armor

Details: Extremely effective against hordes of weaker enemies or hard to hit enemies. He places a ton of enchantments on himself which trigger on being hit, and inflict slowing and debilitating debuffs as well as damage-over-time effects on the attacker. Eventually, Akasha is able to finish the enemies with his warhammer.

Main Skills
  • Chilling Aura: Inflicts an ice magic slowing debuff on anyone nearby. Weak, but has a long duration and stacks in intensity. A stronger version is inflicted if the enemy touches him.
  • Vampiric Aura: Slowly drains life-force from nearby enemies.
  • Mark of Grudge: Inflicts a dark magic debuff on anyone who hits him. Very slowly drains stamina and mana while also revealing the enemy's location to the caster. Has a long duration and stacks in intensity.
  • Icy Burst: Imbues his warhammer with ice magic and creates an explosion of coldness. Slows nearby enemies even if it doesn't hit. Freezes enemies it hits.

Miscellaneous

Theme Song: (TBD)
  • Akasha has maxed out the Tailoring profession and can craft the highest level fabrics. Mainly, he uses

So I've gone through like seven different character ideas and none of them worked out. Which I'm pretty sure is a sign that if I even manage to finish something for this, it'll be hard to commit. So, to avoid a 5-man RP being burdened by somebody who most likely won't be able to commit, I'll be seeing myself out.

[spoiler=Irina Blackheart WIP]

x393wz.jpg

Account Information

x393wz.jpg

Login Name: X_Blackheart_X.2244
Nickname: Irina
Level: 24/100

x393wz.jpg

In-Game Appearance: [spoiler='Spoiler]sample_26907d06b4ab6a503131e95882fed9bb7

Online personality:

Due to her online personality, she appears very dark and very unfriendly. She has been playing solo for about a month now. She wishes the days in her online life could be as beautiful as the ones in her own real life...but to escape from reality, she has no choice but to escape to the world of Annarheim. She's very callus and unappreciative, which betrays her true personality. She hides behind a shield to protect herself from all of the other people in Annarheim...because who else is going to do it for her?

x393wz.jpg
Skills and Loadouts
x393wz.jpg

Irina loves practicing dark magic and attuning herself to dark arts and rituals. She focuses mainly on a mixture between sword-fighting skills and dark magic, ones that can trap an enemy's health or mana, and effectively give to her, to boost her attack. She also has many other basic Shadow spells, but hasn't progressed far enough to apply them to her skill database.

Irina Blackheart - Spellsword/Warlock WIP:

[spoiler=Spoiler]

Main Stats: Strength, Speed, Concentration

Weapons: Katana
Armor: Light Armor/Dresses
Details: A jack-of-all-trades type of build, Irina focuses mostly on enemies who are weak, and loves siphoning health and mana from them. If they appear to be stronger than her, then she has an array of debuffs that make the enemy more susceptible to dark damage. She also has one sword skill art that is mainly used to increase her mobility and to dash out of dangerous situations.

x393wz.jpg
Main Skills
  • Shadow Bolt: As basic as it gets, Shadow Bolt deals moderate dark damage to an enemy.
  • Sword Drive: Irina pulls out her katana and steps forward, unleashing a mighty horizontal slash that deals damage while also moving her forward 7 meters.
  • Scattering Darkness: Inflicts a strong attack around Irina, and any enemies who are caught in the blast have some of their health stolen. They also may have a chance to be knocked over from the blast.
  • Crippling Doubt: The enemy becomes more susceptible to dark-based attacks. The enemy also slowly loses health over time. 
  • Black Mana: Converts some of the enemy's mana into usable mana for Irina.
x393wz.jpg

Miscellaneous

x393wz.jpg

Theme Song: [spoiler=Fighting with Myself]

Irina is mainly proficient in engineering, and has accumulated a few scrolls of intelligence that allow her to tap into advanced aspects of Engineering. However, most of the recipes she can use aren't readily available to her yet, such as health packs or mana packs that help out the user.

Let me know if there's any changes I need to do.

Account Information:

Login Name: MahopodCCC.7753

Nickname: Mahopod

Level: 78/100

In-Game Avatar

Physical Appearance

Online Persona

Personality

Combat Information

Skills and Loadouts

Mahopod is an exclusively magical player preferring the utility over the raw power of physical builds. In Annarheim he prefers to play solo, and is primarily PvE, though won't back away from a PvP challenge. Despite being a Korean pro-gamer he plays far more casually in Annarheim.

Saabira

Main Stats: Speed, Concentration, Potential

Weapon: Twin Daggers

Armor: Minimal, anti-magic tattoos

Play Style: Saabira's playstyle consists primarily of hitting the enemy with a constant barrage of low power magical spells, and being impossible hit. While Saabira doesn't carry many higher level spells in her arsenal her high Concentration stat as well as quick cast skill allows her rival even higher level magics in damage output.

Main Skills:

Sharrar -  An Ice spell that calls several sharp spears that can be fired as projectiles at the enemy

Thalg Thalgeyya - A Wind spell used for cutting. This spell allows Saabira to manipulate the wind to create shallow cuts on her enemy as if she had invisible daggers. The cuts follow the movement of Saabira's hand while she is casting the spell

Holy Dance - A spell triggered by Saabira dancing, which will summon bolts of purple energy to attack the enemy

Affection of the Natural World - This spell is activated by Saabira using her knife to scatter her blood around the terrain. In parts where her blood lands Saabira is able to create large spikes of earth. The spikes will take on the properties of whatever the terrain the blood is scattered on is. For example, if Saabira were to scatter her blood onto snow the spike would manifest as large icicles 

Quick Cast - A passive spell that allows for skills to be cast at half at the time normally needed

The Observer | Laliya

Main Stats: Concentration, Potential, Endurance

Weapon: Grimoire

Armor: Minimal, Anit-Magic Robes

Play Style: Laliya plays much more like a traditional mage character, though it slightly less fragile than what one might think of in a standard mage. As well as specializing in high-level magics Laliya also specializes in using "trap" moves that allow him to keep the advantage in a fight. Laliya is Mahopod's primary PvP loadout.

Main Spells

Al Jiwald - A high-level spell that allows Laliya to fire sun rays from one of his fingers

Al Minya - A high-level spell that allows Laliya to conjure stakes of crystallized mana. Laliya can cause the stakes to explode mid-air which will cause them to split apart and release smaller stakes which gives the spell a larger area of effect

Al Clarista - Laliya combines several elements together to create an unstable orb of energy. The orbs are highly destructive and will greatly damage anything they come into contact with. Even enemies with high magic resistance will still feel the sting of this spell

Duskrta Mandala - A curse applied to Laliya's body. When Laliya is attacked under the protection of this spell a barrier will trigger protecting Laliya from the attack as well as placing a curse on the attacker which will temporarily make them extremely weak to elemental attacks. This spell will only block a single attack and has a long cast time so it must typically be applied before Laliya enters battle

Maunitva Mandala - A curse applied to Laliya's body. When Laliya is attacked under the protection this spell a barrier will trigger protecting Laliya from the attack as well as placing a curse on the attacker which temporarily causes them to be unable to cast magic. This spell will only block a single attack and has a long cast time it must typically be applied before Laliya enters battle

Magic Compression - A buffing skill that triples the power of Laliya's next magic attack

This a very WIP app, but I just wanted something here to act as placeholder

Archived