[AGM] Cerebrite

The Nyx Avatar

LIGHT Psychic monsters with an interesting double gimmick: Token generation and nontargeting OPT Creature Swap effects. Essentially, during your turn, you get a free 0/0 Token, and then during either player's turn you can trade that Token tor a monster your opponent controls. It's an interesting flavor of control beatdown, and you're actually not limited to giving your opponent the Token- if you're so inclined, you can hand your opponent anything on your side of the field, letting you saddle them with any number of restrictions or exceedingly dumb monsters while keeping the Token for Synchro or effect fodder. The only real complaint is the usual ones with Psychics of running out of Life Points, coupled with occasional brick hands given the number of archetype members that are Level 5 or higher without a self-Summoning effect.

There will be more to come.

[spoiler=Show Monster Cards]

EfdxzqK.jpg

LORE:During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite Token" (Psychic-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). During either player's turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to activate this effect: Each player chooses 1 monster they control and switches control of those monsters with each other. You can only activate 1 of these effects of "Cerebrite Prototype" once per turn. If this card is destroyed (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite" monster with a different name from your Deck.

K5T5RUz.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 of your banished "Cerebrite" monsters. During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite Token" (Psychic-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). During either player's turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to activate this effect: Each player chooses 1 monster they control and switches control of those monsters with each other. You can only activate 1 of these effects of "Cerebrite Messenger" once per turn.

8o6MNtF.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite" monster from your hand. During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite Token" (Psychic-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). During either player's turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to activate this effect: Each player chooses 1 monster they control and switches control of those monsters with each other. You can only activate 1 of these effects of "Cerebrite Visionary" once per turn.

fljTZ2D.jpg

LORE:Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite Token" (Psychic-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). During either player's turn, you pay 1000 Life Points to activate this effect: Each player chooses 1 monster they control and switches control of those monsters with each other. You can only activate this effect of "Cerebrite Deity" once per turn. While this card is face-up on the field, if your opponent would target a monster with an effect or for an attack: You can change the target to a Token monster you control.

XNApchk.jpg

LORE:If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite Token" (Psychic-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). During either player's turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to activate this effect: Each player chooses 1 monster they control and switches control of those monsters with each other. You can only activate each of these effects of "Cerebrite Seer" once per turn. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 "Cerebrite" monster to target 1 Psychic-Type monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK.

wrhX20w.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite" monster from your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite Token" (Psychic-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0).During either player's turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to activate this effect: Each player chooses 1 monster they control and switches control of those monsters with each other. You can only activate this effect of "Cerebrite Idol" once per turn.

5KNBxmo.jpg

LORE:During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite Token" (Psychic-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). During either player's turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to activate this effect: Each player chooses 1 monster they control and switches control of those monsters with each other. You can only activate each of these effects of "Cerebrite Vestal" once per turn. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 "Cerebrite" monster; banish 1 card on the field.

WrIL6Q7.jpg

LORE:Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Cerebrite Token" (Psychic-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). During either player's turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to activate this effect: Each player chooses 1 monster they control and switches control of those monsters with each other. You can only activate this effect of "Cerebrite Evil" once per turn. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 "Cerebrite" monster you control; inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK.

[spoiler=Show Spell Card]
lLjfOGF.jpg

LORE:Excavate the top 5 cards of your Deck, and if 1 of them is a "Cerebrite" monster: You can Special Summon it, but its original ATK and DEF become 0 and its effects are negated, and if you do, return the other cards to the top of the Deck in any order.

[spoiler=Show Trap Card]
r9AOgrB.jpg

LORE:If a "Cerebrite" monster is destroyed by an opponent's (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon any number of "Cerebrite Tokens" (Psychic-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Tokens Summoned by this card's effect cannot be destroyed by battle the turn they are Summoned.

Celllllllllllllllllebrite good times TO-NITE. 

Now on to the review.

[spoiler=Celebrite Monster Review]

First off, I'll talk about the first two effects ALL of these monsters have in common-namely, summoning a Celebrite Token for a cool 1000 and swapping up monsters at Spell Speed 3. The first effect is okay-especially in terms of Decks looking for easy fodder-the three True-King-affiliated Archetypes (Metalfoes, Crystrons and Zoodiac) come to mind. So that's okay. The monster swapping ability...may be a bit much with these guys, without a more pressing drawback. I mean, besides the Kaijus, this is some of the most powerful disruption I've seen, especially since it doesn't target, and can easily ruin a player's day before it even starts. Maybe make it so it limits you to Celebrite summons for the rest of the turn, since it has no Extra Deck monsters? May be a tad much, IDK. Probably lower it to Special Summoned monsters.

But the main point is, that this is an amazing ability for the Celebrite to have for literally no cost, on the activator's time. Maybe the fact that your opponent can use it too is enough of a limitation, but...alright, I'll talk more about this during each card I may have an issue with to keep things specific. Some of these can get away with switching, some...less so.

Let's begin.

sGeyRMi.jpg

This is the first major issue with that monster switching strategy. Putting it upon an 800 point body can screw enough people over as is-Metalfoes Orihalk and Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX, anyone?-but adding that on to its destruction bringing up another Celebrite on your field to further the torment? I'd run 3-but even I'd expect the amount of time this would spend before being given the godforsaken banhamme Limited to be measured in milliseconds. 

Other than that, it seems like the standard linchpin for the Celebrite monster. And the pic, like most of them, is stellar.

CR6G5av.jpg

Token, Swaps, and Extra Deck Summoning. So now if that Emergency Teleport of yours bombs-or if Dark Law rears its ugly head-you can get around it. And tag out one of your Tokens for that Dark Law to boot. Better have your Set Mask Changes in back tow, FELLA. Does seem a tad out of place in the ARCHETYPE, though, considering how little of the Celebrites actually banish. I know Psychics are usually associated with banishing-almost as much as they're associated with green backgrounds-but maybe some card is wating in Notorious Nyx's wings to take advantage. UNTIL THAT DAY THO, 1 of. 

Like the photo a bit less, but its still okay. 

EFMbmmf.jpg

Visionary brings out more Celbrites from the hand, and is a Level 4 to boot, so 3-at-minimum.

Just using a pair of Visionaries/to create a wall of tokens for Metalfoes to bomb out for backrow, switching out for your opponent's best monsters, then Fusion Summoning your way to greatness gets me all tingly. But then, I'm a stifler for degenerate combos as long as I'm not feeling their pain. 

XNinsWg.jpg

Deity allows you to gain something on your opponent's turn for keeping your Celebrite Tokens-and makes it less likely that your opponent will be able to properly use any Celebrites they have against you. It'll likely be your saving grace in the Mirror Match, and if you can keep up the pressure, this can end matches. Running this card at the head of a fully stocked frontline-that you stole from your opponent a la powercreeped Graydles-is a terror to behold. 

And so is that artwork-seriously, why an I imagining Elesh Norn's less deranged sister here? (MtG reference, forgive meh.)

XNApchk.jpg

See now, this might be the better application of the Token-monster swap conundrum-let the Summon freely produce the token, but you have to pay LP to get the monster switch. Keeps things okay, but not too easy to break over the knee-and considering your opponent will have to pony up the life too to switch back, it can easily lead to its own Chicken Game (get it?) that you can break at any moment.

Do think that the last effect came in a tad faster, though-just to deny the opponent should they try to end-run your plays with a Celebrite they control, you can Tribute the Token to make sure the Celebrite you get (from them) has a powerup. But hey, wishes, fishes, all that jazz.

SjsWv7B.jpg

Summons another Celebrite on Normal Summon-guess I know who the extra Normal Summon (if you produce such a card) is going to-brings you TWO Tokens on 1300 LP, and switches. This might be one of the few examples where the effect may be too good, because this can set up a field all by itself. Then again, so can Gagaga Head, but it you hit it beforehand, you're SoL. So maybe a 2-of, until one can find a way to reliably bring out the Idol. Do like the promise this thing holds though.

d7n0kqE.jpg

And finally, the Vestal. Goes Abyss Ragnarok on singluar threats, Summons a Token for half off, and swaps. But why would you ever trade this though? Seriously, this is looking more and more like the prime Special Summoning target for the Prototype/Visionary/Idol. Considering it's your only monster-related method of removal, and it populates, you can easily fit 2 or 3 in a Celebrite build, probably as fodder for the Sacred Sword of Seven Stars, followed by prompt revival by the Messenger. All in all, really nice card. 

[spoiler=Celebrite Spell/Trap Review]

RHmVzFe.jpg

This is...utterly bonkers. Most of the issues I usually have with bringing out monsters to the opponent's field is the ability to force through massive amounts of damage with the right cards, but usually that's restricted through something or other (being Summoned in Defense, knocking out the Battle Phase) I mean, Mecha-Dogoran could easily be busted if allowed the exact same Kaiju ability as its brethren to be brought to the opponent's field, considering it has 0 base ATK. 

But a card that brings out a Celebrite for FREE, while knocking its ATK and DEF to 0, AND letting it keep the effect so that it brings out a Token and switches to allow you to push for massive pain? GOODNESS GRACIOUS. Free Summon's fine-the sheer damage output this allows is..less so. Perhaps negating the effects of the monster it Summons is in order. Also, I'm normally not a big fan of Deck-stacking, (remember half of Lavalval Chain's issues involving using its Scry search to topdeck Infernity Archfiends)  but its okay in this instance. Celebrites don't seem to play well with most of the other degenerate cards, and this might ensure you have the edge against the otherwise absurd walking floodgates occupying the meta. 

The first effect's just a tad too strong though. Otherwise, good card.

r9AOgrB.jpg
And now we turn our eyes to the coming Demise.  With this being able to trigger on destruction effect. (hello, Metalfoes Counter, thanks for opening that Pandora's box) to fill your board with battle-immune Tokens for a turn, this card can easily work as protection. 2 of, easy. And the best part is, it also provides a field of fodder your opponent may not be too mad at having, since they're battle-immune for a turn. Don't have much else to say on this, except-probably a godsend if htis activates on your turn than your opponent's, despite how much this'll make your opponent regret their killspells. Powercreeped Super Hippo Carnival Celebrite Demise just gets the job done on protection in a way most decks will salivate at, which is why I'm not sure limiting the number of Tokens this brings out would be frowned upon. Your prerogative, though, rules supreme here. 

Celllllllllllllllllebrite good times TO-NITE. 

Now on to the review.

[spoiler=Celebrite Monster Review]

First off, I'll talk about the first two effects ALL of these monsters have in common-namely, summoning a Celebrite Token for a cool 1000 and swapping up monsters at Spell Speed 3. The first effect is okay-especially in terms of Decks looking for easy fodder-the three True-King-affiliated Archetypes (Metalfoes, Crystrons and Zoodiac) come to mind. So that's okay. The monster swapping ability...may be a bit much with these guys, without a more pressing drawback. I mean, besides the Kaijus, this is some of the most powerful disruption I've seen, especially since it doesn't target, and can easily ruin a player's day before it even starts. Maybe make it so it limits you to Celebrite summons for the rest of the turn, since it has no Extra Deck monsters? May be a tad much, IDK. Probably lower it to Special Summoned monsters.

But the main point is, that this is an amazing ability for the Celebrite to have for literally no cost, on the activator's time. Maybe the fact that your opponent can use it too is enough of a limitation, but...alright, I'll talk more about this during each card I may have an issue with to keep things specific. Some of these can get away with switching, some...less so.

Let's begin.

sGeyRMi.jpg

This is the first major issue with that monster switching strategy. Putting it upon an 800 point body can screw enough people over as is-Metalfoes Orihalk and Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX, anyone?-but adding that on to its destruction bringing up another Celebrite on your field to further the torment? I'd run 3-but even I'd expect the amount of time this would spend before being given the godforsaken banhamme Limited to be measured in milliseconds. 

Other than that, it seems like the standard linchpin for the Celebrite monster. And the pic, like most of them, is stellar.

CR6G5av.jpg

Token, Swaps, and Extra Deck Summoning. So now if that Emergency Teleport of yours bombs-or if Dark Law rears its ugly head-you can get around it. And tag out one of your Tokens for that Dark Law to boot. Better have your Set Mask Changes in back tow, FELLA. Does seem a tad out of place in the ARCHETYPE, though, considering how little of the Celebrites actually banish. I know Psychics are usually associated with banishing-almost as much as they're associated with green backgrounds-but maybe some card is wating in Notorious Nyx's wings to take advantage. UNTIL THAT DAY THO, 1 of. 

Like the photo a bit less, but its still okay. 

EFMbmmf.jpg

Visionary brings out more Celbrites from the hand, and is a Level 4 to boot, so 3-at-minimum.

Just using a pair of Visionaries/to create a wall of tokens for Metalfoes to bomb out for backrow, switching out for your opponent's best monsters, then Fusion Summoning your way to greatness gets me all tingly. But then, I'm a stifler for degenerate combos as long as I'm not feeling their pain. 

XNinsWg.jpg

Deity allows you to gain something on your opponent's turn for keeping your Celebrite Tokens-and makes it less likely that your opponent will be able to properly use any Celebrites they have against you. It'll likely be your saving grace in the Mirror Match, and if you can keep up the pressure, this can end matches. Running this card at the head of a fully stocked frontline-that you stole from your opponent a la powercreeped Graydles-is a terror to behold. 

And so is that artwork-seriously, why an I imagining Elesh Norn's less deranged sister here? (MtG reference, forgive meh.)

XNApchk.jpg

See now, this might be the better application of the Token-monster swap conundrum-let the Summon freely produce the token, but you have to pay LP to get the monster switch. Keeps things okay, but not too easy to break over the knee-and considering your opponent will have to pony up the life too to switch back, it can easily lead to its own Chicken Game (get it?) that you can break at any moment.

Do think that the last effect came in a tad faster, though-just to deny the opponent should they try to end-run your plays with a Celebrite they control, you can Tribute the Token to make sure the Celebrite you get (from them) has a powerup. But hey, wishes, fishes, all that jazz.

SjsWv7B.jpg

Summons another Celebrite on Normal Summon-guess I know who the extra Normal Summon (if you produce such a card) is going to-brings you TWO Tokens on 1300 LP, and switches. This might be one of the few examples where the effect may be too good, because this can set up a field all by itself. Then again, so can Gagaga Head, but it you hit it beforehand, you're SoL. So maybe a 2-of, until one can find a way to reliably bring out the Idol. Do like the promise this thing holds though.

d7n0kqE.jpg

And finally, the Vestal. Goes Abyss Ragnarok on singluar threats, Summons a Token for half off, and swaps. But why would you ever trade this though? Seriously, this is looking more and more like the prime Special Summoning target for the Prototype/Visionary/Idol. Considering it's your only monster-related method of removal, and it populates, you can easily fit 2 or 3 in a Celebrite build, probably as fodder for the Sacred Sword of Seven Stars, followed by prompt revival by the Messenger. All in all, really nice card. 

[spoiler=Celebrite Spell/Trap Review]

RHmVzFe.jpg

This is...utterly bonkers. Most of the issues I usually have with bringing out monsters to the opponent's field is the ability to force through massive amounts of damage with the right cards, but usually that's restricted through something or other (being Summoned in Defense, knocking out the Battle Phase) I mean, Mecha-Dogoran could easily be busted if allowed the exact same Kaiju ability as its brethren to be brought to the opponent's field, considering it has 0 base ATK. 

But a card that brings out a Celebrite for FREE, while knocking its ATK and DEF to 0, AND letting it keep the effect so that it brings out a Token and switches to allow you to push for massive pain? GOODNESS GRACIOUS. Free Summon's fine-the sheer damage output this allows is..less so. Perhaps negating the effects of the monster it Summons is in order. Also, I'm normally not a big fan of Deck-stacking, (remember half of Lavalval Chain's issues involving using its Scry search to topdeck Infernity Archfiends)  but its okay in this instance. Celebrites don't seem to play well with most of the other degenerate cards, and this might ensure you have the edge against the otherwise absurd walking floodgates occupying the meta. 

The first effect's just a tad too strong though. Otherwise, good card.

r9AOgrB.jpg

And now we turn our eyes to the coming Demise.  With this being able to trigger on destruction effect. (hello, Metalfoes Counter, thanks for opening that Pandora's box) to fill your board with battle-immune Tokens for a turn, this card can easily work as protection. 2 of, easy. And the best part is, it also provides a field of fodder your opponent may not be too mad at having, since they're battle-immune for a turn. Don't have much else to say on this, except-probably a godsend if htis activates on your turn than your opponent's, despite how much this'll make your opponent regret their killspells. Powercreeped Super Hippo Carnival Celebrite Demise just gets the job done on protection in a way most decks will salivate at, which is why I'm not sure limiting the number of Tokens this brings out would be frowned upon. Your prerogative, though, rules supreme here. 

It's Cerebrite.

Changed them to have a cost of 1000 Life Points to switch, as well as adding a new monster to the archetype.

Archived