[Written] Attendance Tracker

kevintriedge

Attendance Tracker

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, if a monster(s) is shuffled from the field or Graveyard to your Main Deck: Place 1 Clock Out Counter on this card (max.3). You can send this card to the Graveyard: Draw cards equal to the number of Clock Out Counters that were on this card.

A somewhat generic version of Six Samurai United, that instead of relying on a certain archetype, relies on certain mechanics (that some archetypes incorporate to their playstyle and thus can benefit from this card). On top of my head, this can be used for Gladiator Beasts, Madolche, Red-Eyes (Red Stone of Legend), Gusto, etc., all of which coincidentally are not tier 1 decks and can have some new support for them. 

I made it once per turn because GBs and Madolche can easily do 3 shuffling in one turn, thus being able to +2 in a turn. I was pondering whether I should limit the counter to max.2 but not once per turn (thus becoming Six Samurai United), or keeping it like this. What do you think?

Definitely helps with the Gladiator Beasts and/or Madolche lineups. Especially combined with Madolche Ticket, mate.

I'm already thinking of ways for cards to help fuel this thing up. Certainly can put Jar of Avarice and Path of the Yang Zing in greater focus WAIT A SEC I HAVE SOMETHING ELSE THIS BENEFITS.

Imagine Gishkis and Metalfoes with this sucker. Especially with a Ritual/Fusion Spell that can shuffle back in the Deck and +1 for you at the same time. God, Pot of Desires would be out of vogue so FAST. 

Seriously, great card mate. Keep the Twin Twisters away and it's a godsend to a lot of Decks that need it. You know, like Extra Buck.

I'm afraid the card looks too slow for the game. I mean, cards similar to this exist in Supply Squad and the aforementioned Extra Buck, and the issues with these kind of conditional card draw generators is that at first they are dead AND require you to do certain actions to activate them, in this card's case, spinning a monster(s); if you don't have any monster spinning effect, this card will be effectively dead, leaving you behind the opponent. Sure, activating both effects in the same turn for a 1-card draw and effectively a +0 deck thinning/Upstart goblin is a nice option, but the problems of making the effect live and the effect being a relatively slow draw (since you have to resolve the monster-spinning effect first) still remain.

So, the card's concept and effect are fine, but I doubt it would see much play if it was made IRL, in a similar way you don't see Extra Buck around.

Archived