[LEADERBOARD] Catman Vs. Black D'Scepter (Voting)

CatmanDaGamer

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply
  • The one with the most votes by the deadline wins.
  • All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
  • Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why.
  • Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
  • Cards must be PM'd to me.
  • Written cards are allowed.
  • Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
  • In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.
Deadlines:
  • The deadline for posting cards is approximately 48 hours after a topic has been decided.
  • The deadline for voting for cards is approximately 96 hours after both cards have been created and posted.
Rewards:
  • The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • All voters get a rep for voting.
Requirements:
  • A new card for an existing AGM Archetype (preferably one not created by you)

[spoiler=Card A][spoiler=Card Picture]monochrome_hounder_by_bdsceptyr-dapo8b9.

Monochrome Hounder

LIGHT - Rank 2 - Fiend/Xyz/Effect - 100/500

2 Level 2 Fiend-Type monsters

"Monochrome" Xyz Monsters you control can attack directly. During the Damage Step, if a monster you control attacks or is attacked, all face-up "Monochrome" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF, until the end of the next turn. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target up to 2 Fiend-Type monsters in your Graveyard whose total DEF is less than this card's DEF: Special Summon 1 of those targets, and if you do, return the other target (if any) to the hand. When this Xyz Summoned card is destroyed, your opponent discards 1 random card.

[spoiler=Card B]Volt Satellite Explorer

EARTH - Rank 4 - Thunder/Xyz/Effect - 2650/2500

2 or more Level 4 Ritual monsters

This card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of Xyz Material this card has x400 and add one “Volt Satellite” card from your deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can reveal one “Volt Satellite” card from your hand; attach that card to this card as Xyz Material.

Welp, I made both of these archetypes. Kinda honored that both of you chose one of mine XD Time to review, I guess.

Card A combines well with Demon to allow the archetype to get past other monsters, and is begging to form an OTK with the ATK gain effect. It's second effect also helps well with the beatdown, allowing for more offensive plays with the entire archetype, and not just ones boosted by Demon. The summoning/adding effect is really helpful as the archetype is lacking when it comes recycling. The last effect would've been wonderful at supporting the archetype by getting out cards, but considering the comma there, and the fact that Monochromes work on card effects that activate...it wouldn't be able to trigger them.

Card B allows for some burn, search, extra attacking and replenishing Xyz Material. Not much more to say, as the archetype already has burn, direct attacking, and searching. I don't know how often I would summon it, because with the continuous spells it might just be better to leave out the plain rituals, unless of course I had a godly hand. I might run it at 1 in my ED, or more if I had space, but it isn't a great card, especially as it can eat up field resources with how many Xyz Materials are needed to actually do damage.

Going to go with A, despite it's issue with the effect at the end. In fact, with that effect actually  being able to SS Monochromes, Card A might be a little strong, but for now it's a great supporting card for Monochrome, and Card B doesn't really provide much and isn't too good to boot.

Archived