Card of Plenty (It's Beginning to Look a Lot...Like It's Busted)

Black D'Sceptyr

Merry belated Macy's Parade Day folks. 

And a happy new preliminary Christmas Eve. (Y'see, because both days involve runs on the stores for stuff I can't believe you all don't get earlier, but one comes after the major holiday of the month and the other happens before?)

card_of_plenty_by_bdsceptyr-dapoai7.png

[spoiler=Card of Plenty: Info]

Quick-Play Spell Card

Lore: Cannot be activated during your turn, unless you have no monsters in your Graveyard. If you and your opponent have the same number of cards in the hand: Draw 2 cards, then your opponent can draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Card of Plenty" per turn.

BDS, signing off.

Now this is interesting. It shouldn't be too difficult to fulfill the conditions for its activation, so it is almost a Pot of Greed, which is strong, but then it gives the opponent a card draw, compensating the gained advantage by, if I'm not mistaken, effectively turning it into a +0.

On one hand, I don't want this card to be a thing because of the random nature of drawing that can pretty much win games (e.g. you draw good cards, opponent draws a dead card), plus the potential abuse of this card by alternate win conditions such as Exodia: the opponent gaining a card matters less when you get to dig into your deck and draw the Exodia/combo pieces for an FTK. On the other hand, I feel this card deserves a chance and that it shouldn'tt be straight shot down because of the existence of Exodia/FTKs, since as controversial as a x2 card draw can be, it is also giving a x1 draw to the opponent, balancing it out, so in theory it shouldn't be as overwhelming.

P.D. I noticed that in your OPs you use the word "Errata". That's not the right word: errata is used when a card text is fixed or updated for PSCT, so... yeah, it doesn't exactly apply there.

Now this is interesting. It shouldn't be too difficult to fulfill the conditions for its activation, so it is almost a Pot of Greed, which is strong, but then it gives the opponent a card draw, compensating the gained advantage by, if I'm not mistaken, effectively turning it into a +0.

On one hand, I don't want this card to be a thing because of the random nature of drawing that can pretty much win games (e.g. you draw good cards, opponent draws a dead card), plus the potential abuse of this card by alternate win conditions such as Exodia: the opponent gaining a card matters less when you get to dig into your deck and draw the Exodia/combo pieces for an FTK. On the other hand, I feel this card deserves a chance and that it shouldn'tt be straight shot down because of the existence of Exodia/FTKs, since as controversial as a x2 card draw can be, it is also giving a x1 draw to the opponent, balancing it out, so in theory it shouldn't be as overwhelming.

P.D. I noticed that in your OPs you use the word "Errata". That's not the right word: errata is used when a card text is fixed or updated for PSCT, so... yeah, it doesn't exactly apply there.

Thanks for the counsel mate. Changed the Errata thing-s'another bad habit I got from DeviArt.

Archived