Custom Card Project Suggestion.

Sleepy

I have a little idea I've been pondering in, and I'd like to hear a few things.

-First: If it can be posted at Custom Cards (Mainly Casual) considering it is one of those threads that starts off with absolutely no cards in it.

-Second: If I get past the above line, I more or less wrote the idea in a PM, but it is pretty wordy and so needs to be tuned up before I am fully comfortable with the idea itself, so I'd like to hear people's thoughts on it.

[spoiler=Here's the project draft copy-pasted from my PM right now]

This is an experimental cooperative project hoping to boost activity a little bit.

In the past, members of the site have attempted to recreate the card pool from scratch in a group effort, and this is going to be more or less along those lines. Now, getting a full-sized set and trying to figure out many directions people want to take things in has been difficult. Due to this, I decided we could attempt it again at a smaller scale.

Let's do a Starter Deck together~

This is not meant to end up looking like the real game's Starter Decks, with a bunch of Normal Monsters that have nothing to do with anything, or the real game's Structured Deck's where there's a clear archetype-like strategy in a few cards that define what all players want to get out of them.

We are striving for something that re-starts the card database from zero and is a basic enough introduction. Imagine this is getting released and the implications of it.

-Does it work decently enough right out of the box? (because it only contains one of each different card)

-Does it make for something fun and interesting enough (even if basic) when playing against itself?

-Can you take some of the cards in it and use more copies of them to create a deck with a more defined goal?

There are many implications we could take into account. Relax, we don't need to cover all of those things. Let's just see how things shape up as we go. We are right now looking for things more or less generic, like staples or base beaters or S/T removal. 

Rules:

We start up with around 8 cards to work with. These are going to be the only imports from the IRL card pool, and will be our base.The rest of the cards will be designed under the premise that the 8 cards (and whatever else we keep adding up to them) are the only cards in the game. Think as if this was your long term job, and avoid making cards that require list attention to work.

I'm going to keep up an updated list of the cards being added, here in the OP. The rest of the thread will be to discuss the additions.

To add an entry, you need to make a separate thread to post your card, and add a label that says the card is for this project. Over there, you can explain things about the card and other members can discuss it. Then we can suggest the changes that need to be made (if any), and each person will voice if they think it's a good fit.

One of the issues of these kinds of projects in the past,is the people that post a card in any given project and never come back to see the feedback, do the edits, or anything at all. This is trying to fix that and hopefully without killing the rest of the potential activity in the project.

We'll see if the approval is big or if after X amount of time (probably a few days or so) nobody complains on the submission, and then the card(s) will be added to the OP list in this thread and become an official part of the list to take into account. We won't be freezing the project over this if one person became silent for a while or decided they got bored of it and didn't tell anybody, so yeah.... Attempting some leniency measures here.

- - - - - -

Once completed or close to completion, we can take it to Duel Portal or whatever.

If we get to finish this one up and it is successful enough, we could make another one, start with a new base, tweak these parameters in any way that can improve things, or we could just take this Deck 1 project into account and expand upon it with the second project. I don't even need to be the OP of that if somebody wants to do something like this.

Okay, i readed this Whole Thing now for the 3rd Time and i would like to Do something for it but my Problem is I still dont really Understand it completly might be just me but is there a maybe Short Version of what we are going to do exactly: i read something about custom so we make Custom Cards, but what about the 8 Card thingy and the Starter Deck Idea itself: So what i understand is we Make a Starter Deck which Contains mostly Original Cards from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Series but we gonna add like 8+ Custom Made Cards to it ~ is this right or do i complettly get out of context - sorry for asking :/

I'm fine with you guys embarking on these types of group projects in Custom Cards; just make sure you all come to a consensus on what eight cards you choose to include (and the power level you want with the Deck). That, and make sure you mark them so we know.

Granted, the way CC is set up at the moment does require that you have at least 1 card for us to grade in the thread (you could just throw it one of your own cards to start off with, and it'd be okay). To be fair, the only group project in CC so far is the AGM generics in Advanced (I think that one started off empty too, but people added stuff soon after).

----

In all, if you want to do these projects, feel free to do so.

Okay, i readed this Whole Thing now for the 3rd Time and i would like to Do something for it but my Problem is I still dont really Understand it completly might be just me but is there a maybe Short Version of what we are going to do exactly: i read something about custom so we make Custom Cards, but what about the 8 Card thingy and the Starter Deck Idea itself: So what i understand is we Make a Starter Deck which Contains mostly Original Cards from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Series but we gonna add like 8+ Custom Made Cards to it ~ is this right or do i complettly get out of context - sorry for asking :/

It's the inverse.

Sleepy and whoever's collaborating on this project will choose 8 existing cards that currently exist as a baseline for the Deck (i.e. suppose that they want to include staples like MST, Bottomless, Warning/Notice, common ED; to name a few). The rest of the cards are customs that people make; in essence, similar to reconstructing the card pool from scratch.

I'm fine with you guys embarking on these types of group projects in Custom Cards; just make sure you all come to a consensus on what eight cards you choose to include (and the power level you want with the Deck). That, and make sure you mark them so we know.

Granted, the way CC is set up at the moment does require that you have at least 1 card for us to grade in the thread (you could just throw it one of your own cards to start off with, and it'd be okay). To be fair, the only group project in CC so far is the AGM generics in Advanced (I think that one started off empty too, but people added stuff soon after).

----

In all, if you want to do these projects, feel free to do so.

It's the inverse.

Sleepy and whoever's collaborating on this project will choose 8 existing cards that currently exist as a baseline for the Deck (i.e. suppose that they want to include staples like MST, Bottomless, Warning/Notice, common ED; to name a few). The rest of the cards are customs that people make; in essence, similar to reconstructing the card pool from scratch.

Thank's for the Info~ So i was Mostly right good to know~

To be honest. I usually re-write things like this multiple times and try to shorten the content of what I write, but this time I just wrote it down once and then copy/pasted it here to get the idea out there. It doesn't help that it is 2am and I might get a little bit more incoherent in some parts, but I couldn't come here during the day xD

Thank you Sakura for answering~

Having approval as long as I add 1 custom of my own to work from to abide by the rules, I'll start working on this.

Archived