Yu-gi-oh!: Twisted Fates [IC|Accepting|PG-13]

0PxPz0

(link to the OOC (https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/357980-yu-gi-oh-twisted-fates-not-startedaccepting-pg-13/page-1))

The Announcement

guy.jpg

Zadicus had finally taken over Predraelia and achieved phase one of his plan, the kingdom was his to do with as he pleased, his royal forces detained anyone that questioned him, and he had all the resources needed for the next step. Finding the tablets was simple, finding soldiers he trusted with them that the spirits residing within accepted was more difficult. Today was the day he made the announcement to the capital, the news would quickly spread among summoners and his army would come to him, by will or by force. as he prepared his speech one of the tablets in his deck pouch glowed an ominous dark shade until the spirit emerged, a man with the head of a goat stood before him, as if this were a normal occurrence, which to Zadicus it was, he simply continued writing and spoke with a bored tone "Yes, what is it this time?" the creature spoke with a deep voice that echoed to create the illusion of two "This course of action will alter to much, leave to many unknown variables, I may be forced to obey you but I do not have to agree. I beg you to seek an alternate path." Zadicus simply rolled his eyes at the spirit as he stood up, speech in hand "Return to your stone, I cannot let you be seen before it is time." "As you wish." the creature dissipated as Zadicus approached the balcony to address his citizens. "My people, I have completely conquered this land, my forces control all areas of resistance and many summoners pledge to me but there is one more task until I reign supreme, this is something I ask of you, the people of this beautiful land. This is an address to all summoners within my borders, I, the most powerful of you all, have discovered and contained spirits that rule over destiny it's self!" he allowed a dramatic pause as the crowd murmured, some about using this power against him no doubt "I need you, my loyal citizens, for these spirits will obey only those they choose. I have scattered the tablets across Predraelia in hopes they will find a summoner they accept, if you come upon one of these spirits and are able to control it I welcome you to my palace as an elite, your fantasies and greatest desires will be fulfilled as long as you remain loyal to me and no other, I expect twenty of the best summoners to approach my gates,each with one of these tablets, by the end of the year. I offer you the infinite, this is your chance to claim luxury beyond your comprehension!" Zadicus made a hand signal and the pavilion his balcony overlooked was surrounded by his men, each prepared to bring out their most destructive forces "One final matter, if any of you choose to betray me and take this power to destroy me I will have you obliterated and have the spirits you command destroyed!"

[spoiler=Theme (King of Predraelia)]  

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ash... smoke... silence... These three things reined supreme, all around him.

Amaranth knelt in the scorched earth, tears slipping down his disfigured visage to cool the smoldering embers where there once was grass, his pain visible on his face. His village was gone, his people were dead, and the hills would never flower again. All because of HIM.

Zaddicus. That tyrant couldn't leave well enough alone! He had to pay for this. He would skin that bastard alive for this!

Looking down, Amaranth saw something among the ash that caught the attention of blind eyes. Through the cataracts, he saw what it was: a stone tablet, containing a dormant spirit. The kind used for Summoners. Wrapping his hand around it, Amaranth could easily see what it was. "The Hanged Tarot." Hanged... as a traitor to his rule. Zaddicus must have left this as a reminder to the villagefolk of what happens when they oppose him. Miraculous that it survived the blast just now.

Amaranth felt his warped mouth curl upwards, the left side slightly, the right side all the way to his ear. He knew what he had to do.As he staggered to his feet, mangled legs shuffling through the curled, burnt blades of grass, like so many exhumed corpses, his eyes turned to the East, towards the soon-to-be sunrise, and he understood why he was alive once more. Amaranth had a final purpose.  He was going to tear Zaddicus' castle down brick by brick!

Crushing the tablet in his hands, he extracted the spirit and resealed it within a smaller vessel, a cube of bone, etched with symbols no one could know, for they were as old as the land itself. He had a long walk ahead of him. And so he began with one step, and then another. Another, and another. One step at a time, he trudged through the crater. Leaving behind the silence... smoke... ash...

"...Well, this is new." These words came from a man with black hair and hazel eyes, he leaned on a spear that, from the spearhead, looked like it had been through a lot of battles, no need to worry however, he stole it along with the green cloth and armor he wore, hey the guy was dead it's not like he was gonna use it. He adjusted the band on his head, the only thing he didn't steal, as he looked at the sight In front of him, a Creepy black lake which contained what looked less like watter and more like tar. And in front of the lake stood a tablet, the tablet itself wasn't the thing that made his eyebrow raise, he had seen plenty of summoning tablets, however what was strange about this tablet was the artwork, on the tablet was a picture of a sphinx holding a sword sitting on top of a floating sphere with strange markings, either that or it was being carried by the floating man with a Fox head, on the side of the sphere was a Snake that looked more like it was slithering beside the sphere rather than on it. He looked around to see if anyone else was here, after all who in their right mind would leave a perfectly good summoning tablet. Once he made sure it wasn't a trap, he shrugged his shoulders picked up the tablet and put it in his pouch. The man, known as Simon, then went back to wandering. wandering where? Hell if he knew, all he knew was his mindless wandering got him a free tablet, and to be honest, that was all that mattered right now. Meanwhile, a man in regal dark armor was giving a speech about the very same type of tablets as the one in Simon's pouch...

The white corridors of Palace Corona seemed a shade darker. All around him, people were weeping and crying, Dazon knew why. His father, Jonas, was dying. As he ran down the hallways, which today seemed endless, he noticed the look of misery on the people's faces. "Sir Dazon, I'm afraid that your father-" A Servant began. "I know whats going on, and honestly, i'm not surprised" Dazon spoke with anguish in the back of his voice. He walked the final steps of the Mighty glowing staircase, to see the Gates. The Divine Gates, that his father would walk through.  As he made a left turn, he saw the door, the door where his father's chamber lay. He stumbled to them and threw them open, revealing a blinding white light. As he ran towards his father's bedside, he had tears strolling down his cheek. His brown hair seemed to flatten out, because the sweat on his forehead was like a waterfall. The sword he carried, lay down by his bedside, this was unusual, as Dazon always carried his sword. The spiky red gauntlet that covered his arm, was covered in Grey tablets, so his Spirits could pay respect. His father noticed him. "Come here my son, I have something to gift you" He said, speaking in a clam quiet voice. As Dazon listened to his father, he remembered the good times, The games they played when he was a child, the help he gave him to get education, and when he was 15, gave him his first Tablets. "You must take this, a very Special Tablet, This is Jokudan, a very good friend of mine, he will be your humble servant." As his father said this, Dazon sobbed quietly. "Father, i-i, how, i don't want to, to take this from you!" His father stared him in the eyes. "My son, the time has come for you to rule this land, and this Tablet will fight of millions of armies! I love you my son, but my time has come to walk beyond the gates." Then his father exhaled, leaving behind a tearful son, as he died peacefully. He picked up his father's crown, and removed the tablet from his hand. "I'm leaving, Squire, You in charge, i'm going to find a man, his name is Zaddicus!" As he said this, he opened the doorway from the palace and left. He wandered outside, and ran down from his palace. He ran and ran. "Oxy, OXY!" He called to his horse, who was in a field a metre away. He jumped on his steed and galloped off, to the town of Predriaelia.

"That's it boy, we're here!" He called to his horse. As he jumped off, he noticed a tablet on his horses neck. He picked it out, and put it on his arm. Little did he know, that was a big mistake, and he was in for a ride.

Another day, another act, another coin in the hat.

Except this time it wasn't a coin, sure there was copper and even a few silver but never before had he been given a summoning tablet.

"The Magical Tarot?" The vagabond pocketed the tablet in one of the thousand or so compartments hidden in his outfit, he knew he'd forget which one it was in later but that didn't matter right now.

Very little usually broke Kassyl from his daydreams, but this was something new. Scratch that, this was something inexplicable; and to baffle a man who makes a living from baffling others is no simple task. He pondered the tablet as he finished packing his equipment into a suitcase, how did it enter his hat without him noticing? Why this tablet specifically? Is this a part of a bigger plan or a random act of generosity?

There were too many unknown variables for his liking, he needed answers and he needed them now. He looked around the dusty marketplace for someone who had a trustworthy sheath, somebody who might know this city well enough to help him along, somebody with at least a few answers to the endless flow of questions that kept on reappearing in his mind like an ambitious card.

Finally picking his target he danced through the tight crowd "Uh, excuse me sir. You wouldn't know where the library is , would you?"

guy.jpg

Zadicus was worried, something few would guess by his calm demeanor, this step was critical, if he failed to get all summoners with one of these tablets under his control it would mean all his planning was for nothing. To calm himself and help focus Zadicus decided to go to the private woods outside his palace, he only allowed himself and his elites there for training and sealing powerful spirits, it was also home to several weaker spirits that he could easily hunt to take his mind off things. he brought the basics for containing spirits, blank tablets, a celestial binding spell, and a few other spells and traps he could use to weaken them. Zadicus decided not to bring any spirits with him as his target was nothing difficult, or at least none except the one he always kept, The Demonic Tarot, he quickly brought out the spirit to aid him in searching his prey. "Why do you keep trying to seal this same weakling?" "Your the one who knows my future, you tell me, now start searching." the goat headed man wandered into the woods while Zadicus headed the opposite direction, as soon as he found it Zadicus acitvated a few basic tablets to hold it down "Spellbinding Circle, Fiendish Chain, Swords of Revealing Light!" as he shouted the names Zadicus revealed the corresponding tablets, causing them to glow and release their magic. "Celestial Binding!" as he activated the spell he placed the blank tablet on the ground and the small spirit was sealed inside with a meek yelp. He quickly returned to his chambers, stopping on the way at a dark room that only he had the key for, there was a slot big enough for an envelope that he carefully slid the tablet containing his latest catch through. Zadicus waited by the door until he heard scurrying and the spirit being summoned, once at his desk he summoned the Demon again "Have any been found?" "Yes my lord, it seems four have been discovered and accepted a summoner, the magician, the wheel of fortune, the hanged man, and the moon." for some reason the spirit seemed more joyful about this than Zadicus expected, perhaps this had altered the time line enough to bring it to the correct path, more likely it believed the ones that commanded his brethren could defeat Zadicus and free him from servitude.

[spoiler=OOC]  just wanted to explain how sealing a spirit works in case anyone wanted to do that in a post 

Dazon walked down a long market street, with stalls set up, selling things like Tablets, and food. As he walked down this crowded street, he noticed a hooded man, beckoning towards him. He crossed eyes with him, meaning he had to go towards him. So he walked to the hooded man, who had ran off down the corridor. He charged after him. "Hey YOU, YOU!" He roared towards him. The hooded man turned around, and lifted the hood, revealing a young face, with blonde hair, and purple eyes. "You, i know you, you are the king of Corona, the palace where your father Jonas died. 2 months ago, you left in search of Zadicus, Well, that tablet you have on your arm, will tell you what you ned to know." As he said this, he lunged towards Dazon's arm, but Dazon dodged out of the way, making his red gauntlet shudder. "Owww! What did you do to my Arm?" He roared at the hooded man. The hooded man smiled wickedly. "You'll find out!" As he said this, the tablets in Dazon's pocket glowed, And the hooded man revealed his tablet. "Your challenging me?? Big mistake, i'll beat you in 1 turn!" He roared at the man. "DUEL!" "I Flower Cardian - Pine!" As the hooded man said this, he dropped a tablet on the ground, which revealed a huge Card looking Spirit, with a black circle at the bottom. "I activate Cardian - Pine's effect, and DRAW, then if it's a Flower Cardian Spirit, I can Special Summon it, so appear Flower Cardian - Willow! Now, i activate the Spell card Super Koi Koi!" He threw 2 tablets on the Ground, first came Flower Cardian - Willow, then the Spell card activated! "I send the top 3 tablets of my Deck to the Graveyard, and if they are Flower Caridan Spirits, I Special Summon them, but they're levels become 2! So appear, Flower Cardian Clover With Boar and Flower Cardian Paulownia! He threw the 2 tablets on the Ground, making 2 Spirits appear "I tribute my Flower Cardian Willow, and Special Summon, Flower Cardian Willow with Calligrapher, Who activates his effect, so i draw. But, sadly, it is not a flower Cardian so it is sent to the Graveyard." He threw a tablet on the ground, making His Willow dissapear and a New version appear! "NOW, Wilow With Calligrapher's effect allows me to Synchro Summon Spirits by making all monster's i controls Levels 2! I Tune Level 2 Flower Cardian - Willow with Calligrapher with Boar With Clover, Paulownia and Pine! Spirit who holds thew key to power, reveal yourself, and destroy my foes! SYNCHRO SUMMON Level 8, Flower Cardian - Lightshower! Dazon watched as the Spirits on the field were surrounded in Green circles, as a yellow glow surged through them all. "Try Me Now!"

[spoiler=OOC]Not entirely finished with this duel, is it okay though if i make first duel?

The Crossroad

Xanxus.full.935802.jpg

A bright light, a noise, darkness. Astra woke with a gasp, he was laying in a dead end of an alley way, his simple black cloths and purple scarf covered in filth. The young boy tried to remember what happened when he realized that he couldn't remember anything at all, panicing he instictively reached for the bright red pouch he kept with him and examined it's contents "Rocks?" picking up the thin rectangular stone he examined the image, it was a carving of a small dog with words etched underneath in a language he recognized but couldn't quite read. "Nu-ee-goo-roo-me loo-pus?" as he read the tablet it began to glow, Astra shielded his eyes, suddenly afraid of the light it gave off. When he lowered his arm to look the tablet had been replaced by a small black dog doll with button eyes that, despite it's appearance, immediately began yipping and nuzzling it's master. "Your name is Lupus? and i'm . . . Astra, Astra . . . Yūutsu?" the toy barked in reply and pulled it's masters shirt to get his attention but Astra was busy looking through the other tablets, specifically a white one that appeared to be carved from a fine marble "Serpa? like a snake?" eventually the dog began walking away towards another tablet in the corner. "Lupus? what's over there?" slowly Astra got up, hit with the sudden pain of his body, and began moving towards the spirit. In it's mouth the dog held another tablet, Astra picked it up to examine, this time the name was written in a language he didn't know, but he knew the name of the spirit it contained anyway, as if it was speaking to him "The Starry Tarot." he said, very factually like he was telling the spirit inside it's own name. Disappointed that the tablet didn't come to life like Lupus, Astra placed it in his pouch assuming he had just dropped it, from inside the spell glowed, not like Lupus had, it wasn't coming to life but shining a beacon above his head, seven bright stars. Astra shuddered in fear while Lupus barked at the lights to protect him, dropping to his knees as tears streamed down his cheeks he shouted in distress "No no no not again! Addy help!" As he said the name Astra began remembering, as if the light of the stars were showing him. He remembered his brother, although he couldn't remember his appearance Astra knew what he sounded like and the last words he had been told. "Get stronger, your a summoner, your spirits will help you find me by making you powerful." after that it was all a burst of white. As he recounted the words the stars faded away, determined to find his brother Astra walked shyly into the busy market streets of Erast, Lupus held in his arms, hoping someone could tell him where he was.

[spoiler=Theme 1 (Reach for the Stars)]  

[spoiler=OOC]  at this point your character should discover the reason for their tablet finding them if they have not already or should at least have a plan taking them to one of two locations they could find out about the strange spirits they found, there's Erast, the capital where others that know about the tablets may approach them and either try to kill them or bring them to Zadicus, or there's Redwater, a town named for it's fiend and zombie type spirits, home to a guild of summoners that, while they won't kill you or bring you to the capital, may try to take your tablets if they want them enough, don't show up in these loactions to soon, feel free to take your time, your post should mostly just consist of a decision, feel free to colaborate with each other or myself. from this point on Zadicus will not appear every post but will instead be referenced by NPC's occasionally unless it's critical to the plot 

"And that's Game!" Dazon smirked, as his opponent fell to the ground, his tablets on the ground, scattered. "Hmph, don't try that again!" As Dazon said this, he walked off from the Alleyway. "This Tablet, What is it?" As he said this, he heard shouts and roars from a crowd ahead things like, "Bring him down!" and "Bring him to Ersast!". Dazon stared at the commotion. Ersast? This could be his chance to meet Zadicus! But as he was running down the road, a man dragged him into the sidewalk. "Come to red water, that tablet of your's would do well on our turf!" Dazon struggled with the man, until, eventually, he pulled a spear. The Spear broke the skin of the man, causing him to double over in pain. Dazon then ran in the opposite direction. "What is going on?" He thought, looking at the people, struggling to get towards him. "It's this STUPID Tablet! He roared, and dragged it from his gauntlet. "The Moon Tarot, what the hell does that even mean?" He asked himself. "You! Your under arrest for assault!" Dazon turned around to see a royal guard with a sword, staring him in the eyes. "Don't Resist, it'll only make this worse!" He snarled, looking at the confused Man. The Guard grabbed Dazon by the arms, before tying a huge knot around his hands, so they could not move. Dazon pushed forwards, shaking his arms, but the guard pushed his head on the ground. "I said don't STRUGGLE!" he spat at Dazon. Dazon blacked out.

He woke up, in what looked like an abandoned house, and standing infront of him, an old man. "Oh, you've come to?" He enquired. "Yes, i'm awake, but, and forgive my rudeness, why in the name of God am i here!?" He screeched. The old man pulled a chair and propped Dazon on it. "My boy, that tablet you have, is 1 of the major Arcana, 1 of the Tarots." Dazon looked confused, but the man continued. "intuition, it's light may show things you don't wish to see. That is what that tablet means. I do not know the whole story, to find that out, you must continue west for 3 days, then you will come across Ersast, when their you will meet a man, he will know more about this."

"What is this mans name?"

"Fudo Yusa, find him, he will tell you. The man continued.

Dazon nodded. "I thank you, for your hospitality, also, i remember being carried by a guard, how did i get here?" Dazon asked, clearly bewildered, but his answer was even more bewildering. "I, have no idea!"

"North-Redwater, South-Erast..." Simon stood in front of the wooden sign studing his options, he had heard of both places, and seing as the other two places on the sign were places where he had a bounty on his head it was either Redwater or Erast, either get your tablets stolen or get killed in what was potentaly becoming the most dangerous place in the realm... Simon started heading towards the place where he WOULDN'T have his head on his own spear, to Redwater.

Well that's a first, the library didn't hold all the answers, in fact it almost held none of them. Even with the aid of his assistant there was little of value to be found until finally they stumbled upon a transcript of the king's latest speech.

"I have scattered the tablets across Predraeliathe assistant recited for the third time. "I welcome you to my palace as an elite, blah blah blah blah... choose to betray me and take this power to destroy me I will have you obliterated"

The magician and assistant exchanged a long look as if to speak without talking, obliterated was a dangerous word but there was still hope. 19 more tablets to fight with, hell 19 summoners to ally with couldn't be too bad of a deal.

"Come to think of it, I've never played the capital before..." he mused,

"You can't be serious" She replied in an instant, almost terrified by the thought of what could happen.

"Well what's the next nearest town from here, Redwater? You remember how that gig went."

They both shuddered at the memory as Kassyl sent his partner back to her tablet. Tapping the 'Secret Hat' tablet's compartment inside of his own hat and the 'Delusion Dove' tablet in his left sleeve. For a moment it appeared as if all forms of physics bent around his person as his figure became almost liquid, the hat falling down his body as if to contain him. As the hat touched the ground a single bird appeared from underneath, gripping its rim and flying through the nearest window to leave no trace of Kassyl's existence other than the gossiping masses below.

"Next Stop, Erast!"

Xanxus.full.935802.jpg

Astra had been getting strange looks from everyone around him as he wandered the market, occasionally stopping to decide whether or not to ask a person then choosing to leave well enough alone. In his arms Lupus kept squirming and yipping at the onlookers until eventually Astra had to put him down, at which point he ran off towards the end of the line of stands where two soldiers were standing watch for anyone that could be a summoner. "Lupus come back!" Astra chased after the spirit only to bump into one of the soldiers, not noticing Astra until the last second, causing him to fall over "You alright kid?" he asked as he reached his hand out to help Astra up, which he refused as he backed away slightly and carefully stood up on his own "I'm fine sir." he replied timidly, desperately searching for Lupus. "What's wrong, did you lose something?" the other guard asked. Astra nodded "I can't find my friend, his name is Lupus, he came out of one of these when I said his name." Astra showed the soldiers a tablet from his pouch, this one depicting a rabbit. "your a summoner are you?" the first said, amused by the child holding a tablet. "what's that spirit called? I can't make it out in the slightest." he asked, bending down to try to read the name on the stone. "I think it's a foreign language" his partner replied, now also inspecting it "What's this one called?" he asked, pointing to the tablet in Astra's hand. Astra looked at the words long and hard, finding it just as difficult as reading Lupus' tablet. "Nuigurumi . . . Lop?" as he said it the tablet glowed, this time unafraid as he knew what would happen, leaving behind a dark grey Rabbit doll that stood on it's hind legs, looking up at Astra with joy. "Pretty impressive kid, when I was around your age I could only use spells" the second guard said. pulling out his own deck pouch, he got down on one knee to look Astra in the eyes. "What do you say we have a little match, just for fun, if you win we'll help you find your missing spirit." Astra stared at the man, incredibly confused by what he just said "Spirit? Spell? Wait, they called me a summoner before, what's that mean?" Astra had no idea what was happening but accepted anyway, hoping they'd be honest and help him find Lupus "Maybe this is what Addy meant by getting stronger?"

The grass withers, violet flames crawling in a nightmarish march along both sides of the dirt road as Amaranth walks slowly towards Redwater, the nearest civilized collection of people. As he got closer, the Hanged Tarot poured out its secrets to him, telling him why it chose him, what he could do with it...

Where Zaddicus was.

The voices of his 'guests' clamored in his head, fighting for his attention, but his blank, empty eyes were for the road ahead and his ears were out for danger. They raged just below the surface, and yet all that even hinted was the spasmodic twitches of his face and body with every agonizing heartbeat. Time seemed to move like falling snow, and yet, Amaranth forged on, not driven by persistance, or by hope, but fueled by rage at Zaddicus and the inner insistence that he pay.

Justice, one spirit whispered

Vengeance, another added.

Those are not the same thing, a small part of him realized. But he cast it aside and kept moving. He had to time to question his second chance. He simply had to use it.

And so, he continued towards the little silhouette of Redwater in the distance, violet flames prowling at his heels like a pack of wolves at their masters side, the grass coiling and shriveling in his presence.

Xanxus.full.935802.jpg

"So how does this work? I, I don't really know what these are." Astra said, looking at the stuffed rabbit hopping around him. the guard, not that surprised Astra had never dueled before, took a few steps back to make room and began explaining. "It's really simple, we both take turns summoning our spirits and using our spells and traps to try and reduce each others life energy to zero, I'm sure that sounds bad but because this isn't a real fight and we're just dueling for fun nothing bad will happen to the loser so don't worry, now how's about I go first so you know what to do?" Astra nodded and his opponent began, grabbing five tablets from his deck pouch and studying them before deciding what to do.

(turn 1 8000-8000)

"Go easy on the kid, it's his first time" his partner shouted, trying to keep distance as he watched. "Don't worry about it, this kids tough, I can tell" he took a tablet from his hand and revealed it to Astra "First I summon Imperial Crusader in attack mode, unfortunately I'll take some damage but it's no big deal." the tablet glowed and a knight holding a broadsword in heavy armor covered by a white robe appeared that quickly struck it's master before returning to it's post.

(Imperial Crusader)

(Warrior-Type/Earth/Lvl 3/ATK 1700/DEF 1100)

(Pay 800 life points to summon this monster. While this card is face-up on the field effects that activate during the Standbyphase are negated.)

"I'll finish by setting two cards, your turn." he dropped two other tablets on the ground as he spoke. Astra stared at the knight before him, then at his rabbit who now hid behind him as if it was afraid of the monster. Astra took five tablets from his pouch, taking time to carefully read each before making his move.

(turn 2 7200-8000)

"Oh and by the way, you take an extra tablet at the beginning of your turn!" his opponent shouted from across the field, Astra took another from his pouch and made his move, seeing a spell in his hand he played it and hoped it would help "I'll use this one? Reasoning!" as he said the name and revealed the spell it glowed, only to dissipate instantly and the tablet disappear. "Sorry little man but i activate one of my face downs, Imperial Order!"

(Imperial Order)

(continuous trap)

(Negate all Spell Card effects on the field. During each of your Standby Phases, pay 700 Life Points or destroy this card.)

A solider holding a spear burst from the ground, standing guard to destroy any spells that were played. Seeing another spirit he could use as protection from the crusader, Astra summoned it hoping he'd be safe "I summon Nuigurumi Repta in attack?" he called, unsure of himself as a ball of light appeared on the field only to flash and reveal a toy dinosaur with four legs and three horns.

(Nuigurumi Repta)

(Dinosaur-Type/Earth/Lvl 4/ATK 1500/DEF 1200)

(Once per turn you can reveal a card from your hand or the top of your deck, target one monster your opponent controls, it's ATK and DEF become 0 until the endphase (this is a quick effect). If this card is revealed from your hand or deck, banish one card from the your opponent controls or from yoru opponents graveyard.)

The spirit roared in an attempt to be intimidating that just ended up being adorable then looked to Astra waiting for him to command it "I guess I'll place three facedowns and end?" Astra dropped three tablets on the ground like the guard had done, not sure what they would do "What do I do? This makes no sense, I don't know what these things are suppose to do, I should have given up." the guard drew and prepared his next move.

(turn 3 7200-8000)

"Unfortunately to keep my Imperial Order I have to take some more damage but it's only a matter of time." the soldier turned to face him and struck him with his spear causing him to flinch, almost falling over. "Now then, my Imperial Crusader, take out his toy, Holy Assualt!" the knight leaped to Astras dino and struck it with his blade, Astra panicked and activated one of his traps "I activate Bathed in Moonlight!" he shouted, worried his creature would be hurt. suddenly, despite it being mid day, the skies blackened and the moon rose directly above the crusader, shining a beam of light at Astra revealing the tablet left in his hand "Nuigurumi Leo". the crusader and Repta were suddenly frozen in place mid attack, as moonlight shone on them.

(Bathed in Moonlight)

(trap)

(Reveal one LIGHT monster from your hand, monsters on the field cannot declare attacks and their effects are negated until the endphase)

Then the tablet in Astra's hand glowed, as well as two others in his pouch, summoning themselves as three stuffed lions in defense.

(Nuigurumi Leo)

(Beast-Type/Light/Lvl 3/ATK 1100/DEF 700)

(Once per turn, during either players turn, you can reveal a card from your hand or the top of your deck, "Nuigurumi" monsters cannot be destroyed until the endphase. If this card is revealed from your hand or deck, special summon as many "Nuigurumi Leo" as possible from your hand and/or deck.)

"Nice move kid, stopping my attack and filling your field, but it won't save you for long. I'll end it for now, your turn." The moonlight faded as daylight returned and the crusader returned to it's original position.

"What just happened? I didn't do that did I?" Astra drew a spell.

(turn 3 6500-8000)

"This one?" Astra looked at his tablet, The Starry Tarot, having no idea what he was doing Astra suddenly had an idea "I acivate Nuigurumi Leo's effect, by revealing a tablet from my deck pouch Nuigurumi monsters can't be destroyed this turn." Astra showed a tablet from his deck pouch, another spirit, Nuigurumi Ursa, one of his lion dolls roared, not like the dino had, this one sounded incredibly threatening, the crusader backed away slightly, not sure what was happening. "How do I know what I'm doing suddenly?" he thought as the revealed spirit used it's effect.

(Nuigurumi Ursa)

(Beast-Type/Light/Lvl 4/ATK 300/DEF 1200)

(Once per turn, during either players turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a "Nuirgurumi" monster you can reveal one card from your hand or the top of your deck, negate that activation and destroy that card. If this card is revealed from your hand or deck add one "Nuigurumi" card from your deck or graveyard to your hand.)

"Now, because Ursa was revealed i can add another Nuigurumi to my hand, and I choose Feli." still unsure, Astra decided to roll with it and hoped it lead to something good, he reached his hand into his pouch and pulled out what he was looking for, Nuigurumi Feli. "Next I summon Feli from my hand and use his effect to destroy your Imperial Order!" the tablet was quickly replaced by a toy cat, the same black as Lupus but with white buttons for eyes.

(Nuigurumi Feli)

(Beast-Type/Light/Lvl 3/ATK 900/DEF 1000)

(Once per turn you can reveal a card from your hand or the top of your deck, destroy one card on the field. If this card is revealed from your hand or deck, draw one card.)

Revealing a trap from his deck, the cat leaped into the air onto the soldier that was stopping Astra from using his spell and clawed at it, causing the soldier to fall onto the ground and vanish. Feli then walked over to Astra's side of the field, clearly proud of what it had done for him. "Next I activate The Starry Tarot from my had, this let's me -" The other guard cut him off "Wait, did you say Starry Tarot? as in one of the tablets we're looking for?" "I guess?" the guard dueling him nodded to his comrade who understood and called over to Astra "Hey kid, weI forfit alright? how about we just help you find that missing spirit and then you tell us about that tablet there?" Astra nodded, happy to end the duel before he got hurt, as the creatures on the field faded Astra found he was suddenly unable to recall what move he was just about to make. The two guards walked over to Astra, one asking for the tablet while the other explained how to find Lupus "So basically all you have to do is summon him again, you have an extra copy in there right?" Astra went through his pouch and found another tablet for Lupus, he quickly summoned him and the dog appeared, barking excitedly at his master "Thank you mister but why are you so interested in that?" he asked pointing to the tablet the other guard was examining. "You really don't know kid? This is a very powerful spirit, in fact since you have it it's out job to escort you to the king so you can meet him." Astra backed away afraid he was being threatened "Woah kid, it's nothing like that." the other said, grabbing Astra by the wrist and handing him back the tablet. "The king wants to meet you so that you can join him in the palace, it's a pretty big deal, and from the looks of your cloths it would probably be better than wherever you've been staying. How about we take you to him, help you keep that thing safe, a lot of people around here would kill to get one of those." Astra was still uncomfortable but if what these men said was true then maybe the king could help him find Addy. "Alright, it couldn't be worse than here I guess"

[spoiler=Duel Theme (Fluff it up)] 

guy.jpg

Zaddicus was holding court in the throne room, hearing citizens complaints and waiting for news from his men, when suddenly one of his captains rushed in, pushing through the crowd "Sir, two soldiers have reported in, they've found one here in the capital and are bringing the child to you." "A child? Interesting, be sure that this summoner is brought straight to me, no stops, and inform those men that if they intend to steal the tablet for themselves the consequences they face will not be from me, but from the spirit within." the captain saluted as Zaddicus dismissed him. "You are all to leave immediately, I have much to contemplate." Zaddicus' personal guards escorted the crowd to the front gates of the palace as while their king went to his chambers to summon his own spirit "There is a child coming, which of the remaining Arcana do they possess?" the demon closed it's eyes as if in meditation then spoke "The child bears the heavens, they are the keeper of The Star, symbol of hope and guidance. The Hanged Man also seems to be approaching Redwater,i am unsure of it's carrier but what i see is strange, an absense of life surrounding a hatred for your name." Zaddivus quickly wrote a letter to the leader of the Blood River Guild, a group of summoners in Redwater always up for a job informing him of the arrival of The Hanged Man as well as the promise of rare Tablets should he keep the Hanged Man there as long as possible. "This man and his group will most likely perish, but perhaps they'll take this "absence of life" with them to the underworld." Zaddicus sent his royal messanger to Redwater as quickly as he could

Well, here he was at Redwater. Simon kept a close eye on his pouch as he started looking around, hell, he could catch up on his reading while he was here, he wondered if the latest Darmond novel was out yet. To be honest, Simon wasn't good with directions, so, unfortunately he had to ask for directions to the library, ...well, here goes nothing. He walks up to the first person he can find, worst case senario, they challenge him to a duel for his tablets. "Hey, do you think you could tell me where i can find the library?"

How long had he been travelling now? Hours? Days? Weeks? Seconds?

Outside time tends to become irrelevant when you're in a pocket dimension... hat dimension?

It was all smooth sailings, sure there was some turbulence here and there but that's to be expected from being carried by a bird small enough to fit inside your palm. He'd reach Erast, find some allies, make some folks smile and maybe if there was time overthrow the empire. Yep, everything was turning up Kassyl... until the room started to spin.

With the familiar blue bolt of a Spirit returning to its tablet Kassyl was yet again broken from his inner-monologue, this time by the realisation that standing in one spot for too long would result on falling on ones head. Managing to lift the top of his top had open just a little to see through a hatch he looked up to see the cause of the turbulence and groaned at the sight. "Cloudians again? Why does it feel like the sky exists simply to rain on my parade?"

He cursed as he fell back into the main compartment of his hat dimension for what wasn't the first but hopefully would be the last time.

"I knew I needed to seal a Delusion Dragon, nobody ever messes with dragons."

If the Assistant wasn't preoccupied with being motion-sick in her tablet at that moment you can guarantee a resounding "Told you so" would be heard at this point, but unfortunately she was busy doing the spiritual equivalent of praying to the porcelain god inside her own pocket dimension... tablet dimension?

So down down down to earth he fell trapped in his hat, tumbling and turning until it neatly landed atop a very special someone's head.

"Very special" is an understatement. As he reached the gate of Redwater, Amaranth felt something land on his head. Even without looking, he was aware that it was a hat. Taking it off, he became increasingly aware that while its design was rather simple, the style of the hat was garish at best, and his mouth curled into a silent, distasteful scowl.

Whose hat was it?

Why was it falling from the sky?

Will they want it back?

Can I keep it?

These are questions a normal person would ask in they found such a thing. However, Amaranth was a walking nightmare. These questions did not occur to him. Instead, he simply placed it back on his head. The violet flames that had crawled from the earth to follow him had gathered around his feet in a small pool of fire, and was slowly gaining volume as he glared at the gate with further distaste. It was closed.

That could be fixed.

A tongue of flame licked at Amaranth's hand, and when it did, he grabbed it and snapped it off like the end of a branch. Orchid-colored flames coiled in his palm and faded, leaving a little cube of bone, like a die, etched with strange patterns that bore no apparent purpose. But Amaranth could read the symbols like it was his first language.

Thunder Bolt (OOC: The direct translation of Raigeki)

With a sinister grin, he held his fist with the cube towards the gate, and it glowed an intense, malicious shade of violet, before thunder split a clear sky and with a thunderous CRACK, a bolt of lightning shot from his between his fingers and struck the gate, blasting it off its hinges and into very small, very hot, very fast-moving wooden pieces.

The cube had incinerated itself with the blast, but that was OK. He could reform it when he needed it. For now, he needed several things. Not torn-up clothing because he still had some modicum of self-respect, and a map, because the whole "guided by the spirits" deal was hurting his head, and the hat he had to wear did nothing. He had no money, but it was unlikely they would challenge him.

Members of the Blood River guild had been watching from the outskirts of Redwater, waiting for some powerful summoner their leader had told them about when suddenly their attention was drawn to a loud explosion at the town gate, assuming this was the summoner they were told about, or at the very least a nice catch with some decent tablets, they split into groups, two men wearing scraps that could barely be called clothing ran to the largest building in the town, the guild house, they would tell their leader about the disturbance at the gate while the rest headed to check it out and hopefully defeat the intruder in a duel and snag whatever valuable spirits they had.

[spoiler=OOC] thought some conflict would be nice to finally have, information about Redwater and the Blood River guild, the guild is in complete control of the town, anyone that isn't a member either provides a service to them or pays a fee for protection, while they are a glorified band of theives that will most likely cheat they do have some rules, defeat a member in a duel and you are eligible to join, at anytime you may challenge the current guild captain for his position if you are a member, tablets cannot be "stolen" and must be won from their owner, member or otherwise. should you kill a member of the guild they will most likely attempt to execute you in the town square. most Guild summoners run very similar decks, usually archfiend or a deck revolving around taking control of your monsters 

Spinning room. Check

Still moving despite landing. Check

Large explosion-y sound. Checkity check

Yep, this had all the makings of a great day.

Still disoriented, Kassyl decided the best course of action would be to check out the surroundings. Opening the lid of the physical hat from his hat dimension he stuck out his shrunken body to look around and was greeted by a town, somewhat shanty and definitely not the capital, but would suffice as an in-between point, who knows maybe he could even earn a little bit of coi...

His inner monologue was cut by the realisation of what the explosion was. Where a gate would stand there was now a crater which blazed with impure violet flames, and his current ride was completely ignoring it. The only thing which brought some relief was the appearance of two guards from behind a building, pointing first at the crater then his current wearer.

Dropping back down into the main space of his hat dimension he realised he only had one option. Sure guards sucked but he'd be the least of their concerns. He steadied himself and prepared for his grand entrance. From the outsiders view the hat started floating up as a foot found its way onto it's wearers head, the hat continuing to rise as a whole body had formed beneath it with a new head. "Good afternoon gentlemen"  he exclaimed as he leapt down from his ex-wearers head and the baffled guards drew ever closer "I was just wondering where..."

Seeing the Blood River insignia tattooed on their arms he realised what a grave mistake he had made. Seeing no cowardice in running Kassyl turned around only to be confronted by a man who could only be described as the spitting image of a thing you did not want to see as you walked down an alleyway at night. Not caring about how mad he must sound the trapped trickster started speaking aloud to nobody in particular as he reached into his jacket to compile his deck.

"Guards who probably want me dead. Check

Monstrosity who may also want me dead. Check

No way out except through a gate which may end with me dead. Check check and check again.

Oh yes, this is going to be a marvellous day."

Amaranth felt odd. Like the hat on his head was trying to stand up. When it did, and a man clambered down from his shoulders, now the new wearer of the garish hat, he heard the man making some kind of verbal checklist.

"Guards who probably want me dead. Check

Monstrosity who may also want me dead. Check

No way out except through a gate which may end with me dead. Check check and check again.

Oh yes, this is going to be a marvelous day."

Amaranth turned to face this new person and his mouth stretched into a friendly-but-creepy smile. Scars had disfigured his face terribly, making his smile seem lopsided, but he looked nice enough, just from his attitude. "Howdy!" He said, his voice as happy as it used to be. "Gee, I didn't know you were in there. Sorry for taking your hat, fella! Say, you must be some kind of magician to pull yourself out of a hat. That's a new one." He holds out a hand courteously. "Don't worry, I'm not 'out to kill ya'! I'm Amaranth!" He jokes with a wink.

"So.. How long have i had this?" Dazon asked, the gauntlet on his arm was on a table infront of an old man. "About, 12 years!" He answered. "So you are a Fortune Teller!" He shouted. "Yes, and you were sent here by an old friend, yes, I'm Fudo Yusa, Dazon." Dazon looked in astonishment at this outburst. "Wow!" He blurted. The man looked kindly at him. "That tablet is a piece of genuine art, it is a Tarot of the Major Arcana, it has chosen you for your Force of finding allies in those who have power, and only those. Though you might think this selfish, i think otherwise. intuition, it's light may show things you don't wish to see, and you will not want to see what will happen in the road ahead. Zadicus granted this tarot upon you, you were chosen. 10 Years ago, your father Jonas visited my fortune telling shop, and asked for his fortune. I said that he has a son, a son who will cause the hope of the world, but only so it can be destroyed. Dazon, the light of the moon shows things you don't want to see. You are the moon, you will show the people things they don't want to see through your light." He said calmly. Dazon had a tear fall down his cheek. "So thats it huh? I'm a killer?" He asked in confusion. "Not at all my good man, you are the Light." Fudo Responded. "And you've known, ever since you got your spirits, this was not a battle you could face alone." He continued. Dazon looked at the Tablet he was talking about. "You leave that out of it, I AM NOT HIM!!" He roared in anger. "You are the Divine Gate King!" Fudo said in anger. Dazon stood up, and suddenly he was transformed. His eyes changed into a glowing red. His hair turned white. The room was shrouded in pure darkness. 

"This is what you wanted???" He asked, with a dreadful smile.

"This is what you'll get!"

the group of summoners watched in astonishment as out of the intruders hat came an entirely new person. One of the men stepped forward, his heavy armor covered in intricate designs of various serpents, decorated by tablets held by string, each one taken from his previous opponents. "Intruders, I am Marsdon the Viper, Blood River Guild member, rank eighteen, if you want to enter Redwater you must each defeat one of our men! Which fool dares have the honor of losing at my hand?" the crowd began chanting his name, some preparing their own decks should Marsdon be defeated. The man stood like a wall, blocking both trespassers from entering with a wide stance as he riled his comrades for the fight to come.

"Now, Feel my ULTIMATE WRATH!" Dazon screamed in anger. Fudo looked in terror as the Huge swordsman Spirit took a swing at him. He jumped back, but took a hit from the aftershock, making his life points become 0. "Heheheheh, Heheheheh, hahahahahaha, HAHAHAHA!" Dazon laughed maniacally. Fudo looked in terror. "I'll make you disappear!" He screamed. "Like you said, i am the light to darkness!!!" Fudo opened his mouth to scream but nothing came out. He watched as Dazon tugged him by his collar and chucked him on the ground. "I'm Not finished my little game!" Dazon whispered in Fudo's ear. Suddenly, somehing went through him like a bullet. He felt pain course through his veins. His eyes went bloodshot, his hair reverted colour. He felt like a millions pounds fell on his head. His vision went blurry, but he saw a figure enter the room.

"Bring him to Zadicus, He will decide his fate!"

"Which fool dares have the honor of losing at my hand?"

Amaranth's expression did not change. But as he lowered his hand, he gave Kassyl a sadder smile. "Sorry, new friend. I have to handle this."

Turning to face Marsdon, Amaranth raised a hand in greeting. "Hello, Marsdon! Ignore this fellow, he's here by accident, and in no way associated with me other than the conversation you just interrupted so rudely. I am Amaranth, from Vinhaven. You may have heard of what Zaddicus did in my hometown! Specifically..." He raised his blank white eyes, and Marsdon could tell they were staring straight at his.

"How he killed me, and turned me into this." The scars on either side of his face turned his smile sinister, and he raised his hands to each shoulder in a shrug. "But don't worry, Marsdon! I'm only after Zaddicus, so if you could just, golly, I don't know... spare a set of clean clothes and a map, I'll be on my way with no further damage to this lovely little town! What do you say Marsy? Help a lost soul get a little vengeance... Or suffer dire consequences?"

Marsdon, as well as the crowd around him, stared in utter shock at the calm polite attitude before them, the large man laughed at Amaranths offer, a deep cheerful laugh suggesting he hadn't ever been spoken to in such a way. The summoner loomed over Amaranth, toying with the idea of someone so weak looking destroying him. "I'm afraid that won't do little man, it's town policy, any newcomers worth the summoner title cannot enter or leave town without defeating a guild member, it's just standard procedure. Make it past one of us and your free to do as you wish for as long as you'd like, heck I'll even buy the first round at the guild house if you beat me personally." The man suddenly seemed less intimidating to his fellow members causing them to take up a lax posture and some even leave the scene, figuring it wouldn't be all to interesting. Suddenly Marsdon looked towards the strangely dressed man he'd seen coming out of the hat "And what about you? If we don't let you through immediately are you going to turn us into rabbits?" Marsdon let out another burst of laughter at his own comment then turned back to Amaranth "Tell you what, you've put me in a great mood, we'll let you both through if one of you wins, no stakes except maybe a tablet if your willing." Marsdon revealed one of the tablets decorating his breastplate as an offer "Oroboros, City of Serpents, beat me and it's yours, that is if you've got something worth losing as well." he spoke like it was a threat. As if this was some childish dare the remaining crowd began murmuring "Marsdon is offering his field spell?" "He must be sure about this one." "Didn't he fight the boss for that spell?" "Wouldn't risk it if he thought he might lose."

Xanxus.full.935802.jpg

"So kid, kind of awkward but you never gave us your name." they had been heading towards the center of the capital, Zaddicus' sealed off palace, for quite some time before one of the guards decided to break the tension "Oh, I'm sorry sir I must have forgotten, I'm Astra Yūutsu, I can't really tell you much else though. I don't remember anything before I ran into you two." Th boy looked down at the stuffed rabbit and dog following them, trying to focus on the blurry memories of the spirits. "No big deal, they keep records of birth in the palace probably, I'm sure Zaddicus would be happy to help, especially with that one of a kind tablet of yours." the other guard stated, playfully nudging Astra. "So where did these . . . tablets come from? And how come this Zaddicus guy wants the people that have them?" Astra asked, looking at the spell he had used in his duel against the solider "Why did I know how to use it, and why did I only think of Addy when it glowed earlier? Whatever these guys king wants with me he I just hope he knows more about this than I do." "Beats me, we aren't payed to ask questions, whatever it is it must be big though, we sent a messenger to tell him we found you and he replied almost immediately saying that if we didn't protect you or tried to take that thing we'd be . . . well we'd be out of the job to put it nicely."

Archived