Christmas Lights are up!

Blake

I had thought ycm was broken again when I saw the things at first.

Thank you for punishing those of us with the basic member group.

Hey, be grateful!

The special membergroups would kill to have these!

Just remember, our motto in regards to Christmas here on YCM:

S H O D D Y A S A L W A Y S

Since Black indirectly informed me that I no longer have any issues accessing the Look and Feel Module, I can ACTUALLY change the logo now.

Disregard the lights for a bit, does this mean we can someday get the mythical 2edgy4me theme?

Also good lord just seeing the lights once per page was an eyesore. This is going to be hell for RP.

Also good lord just seeing the lights once per page was an eyesore. This is going to be hell for RP.

Yeah was just looking at rp. There's being dumb with the lights then there's this abomination inconveniencing reading posts.

Could have at least scaled it to a size that fit the little side bar it's mostly sitting in.

Yeah was just looking at rp. There's being dumb with the lights then there's this abomination inconveniencing reading posts.

Could have at least scaled it to a size that fit the little side bar it's mostly sitting in.

i did try

the gif got corrupted whenever i tried

You could be less brash about it. There's no ill intent in what happened, only jabbing at how it's always intentionally shoddy/being silly.

If it's too much of an inconvencience, it can be removed, but quoting posts removes the reading issue, and there seems to be nothing else. Not everyone seems displeased with them, either.

If enough people say it's a genuine inconvenience, not simply an eyesore, I'll undo it.

It's not an inconveninence in most sections, but it's going to be a huge inconvenience in RP where reading long posts is important. You can go look at most of the active IC threads to get an idea of just how many newer RPers (and even some experienced ones!) are in standard membergroups, and thus how many posts will be obstructed by the lights. I'll scale it down for you myself if I have to.

It's not an inconveninence in most sections, but it's going to be a huge inconvenience in RP where reading long posts is important. You can go look at most of the active IC threads to get an idea of just how many newer RPers are in standard membergroups, and thus how many posts will be obstructed by the lights. I'll scale it down for you myself if I have to.

See: you can just quote the post.

I get that it might be a small inconvenience, but I don't see it as a major one when a very easy workaround exists.

See: you can just quote the post.

I get that it might be a small inconvenience, but I don't see it as a major one when a very easy workaround exists.

If we quote everything just to avoid something that can be fixed with a quick graphics edit & swap, most RP pages are going to become absurdly long, especially in ones that have been getting higher-quality posts. Unless you're implying we just quote it then keep it in the box post while we work on our posts only, which is arguably worse because that's just tedious and makes the post look longer to the poster than it actually is.

If we quote everything just to avoid something that can be fixed with a quick graphics edit & swap, most RP pages are going to become absurdly long, especially in ones that have been getting higher-quality posts. Unless you're implying we just quote it then keep it in the box post while we work on our posts only, which is arguably worse because that's just tedious and makes the post look longer to the poster than it actually is.

Shift + Click the quote button

More Reply Options

I do that sort of thing all the time, anyway, when working on a longer post. It's not that difficult. You should be able to gauge your own post length regardless of the bar telling you how long it is.

You're asking me to undo something that most people seem fine with because it has a negative impact on one section, which can circumvent it very easily. If it was a bigger issue, I'd understand, but it doesn't seem like as big a one as it's being made out to be.

A person without the lights quoting a post by someone without the lights doesn't support your point.

Small inconvenience or not I shouldn't have to workaround it any time I want to read a post for an entire month.

But if you're so certain everyone loves it and you don't need to change it I'll just go waste some points and stop wasting my time. And then still have to bother myself to read anyone else's post.

Disregard the lights for a bit, does this mean we can someday get the mythical 2edgy4me theme?

I think I have now made that theme public. I can't really confirm because I only just remembered it wasn't public in the first place, and mods always had access to it.

It's one little section of a post, it doesn't really cover that much, and really, I don't see an issue with it. I thought it was funny and I don't think it gets in the way nearly as much as it's being acted like, and RP is the one section I'm really looking to do anything in right now...

Archived