Christmas Lights are up!

Blake

A person without the lights quoting a post by someone without the lights doesn't support your point.

Small inconvenience or not I shouldn't have to workaround it any time I want to read a post for an entire month.

But if you're so certain everyone loves it and you don't need to change it I'll just go waste some points and stop wasting my time. And then still have to bother myself to read anyone else's post.

Um... If I do it, and it's not an inconvenience to do so because it gives me immediate reference to work with, how does it not?

Apply that the other way around. Other people shouldn't have to do without because a few people find it minorly inconvenient.

I'm not saying it has to stay, but I don't think something easily worked around for a single section (usually) merits this vehement and brash a reaction. I've less issue with Yui's posts, as they seem mildly annoyed to bemused, but you really shouldn't tackle things so passive-aggressively.

If it proves to be too much, it can easily be undone/changed. I (and others) simply found the shoddiness to be in the spirit of the way the Christmas Lights usually end up coming into existence/staying, and I want people to have fun in how poor it is, because it's so fitting.

The Christmas lights banner is a bit of an intentional eyesore, but at least in my case, it is displayed behind everything else. Every sig, quote, and sentence overlapping with it ends up in front of it. I don't think it makes anything unreadable....

Though it depends on how many complaints there are I suppose. 

I think I have now made that theme public. I can't really confirm because I only just remembered it wasn't public in the first place, and mods always had access to it.

You're a goddamn hero. Time to not be able to read my posts because I use black text XD

Um... If I do it, and it's not an inconvenience to do so because it gives me immediate reference to work with, how does it not?

Apply that the other way around. Other people shouldn't have to do without because a few people find it minorly inconvenient.

I'm not saying it has to stay, but I don't think something easily worked around for a single section (usually) merits this vehement and brash a reaction. I've less issue with Yui's posts, as they seem mildly annoyed to bemused, but you really shouldn't tackle things so passive-aggressively.

If it proves to be too much, it can easily be undone/changed. I (and others) simply found the shoddiness to be in the spirit of the way the Christmas Lights usually end up coming into existence/staying, and I want people to have fun in how poor it is, because it's so fitting.

I literally said I can scale down the lights gif to something that fits in the sidebar; you'd still have your lights, and RP wouldn't be inconvenienced with having to quote and then un-quote a whole bunch of crap just to avoid having the lights in the way. Why have to deal with continued applications of a tedious solution when a quick one-time and extremely easy fix can be made instead?

I literally said I can scale down the lights gif to something that fits in the sidebar; you'd still have your lights, and RP wouldn't be inconvenienced with having to quote and then un-quote a whole bunch of crap just to avoid having the lights in the way. Why have to deal with continued applications of a tedious solution when a quick one-time and extremely easy fix can be made instead?

Answered in what you quoted.

It wouldn't be shitty if the other happened, and that's why I ended up going ahead like this, isntead of asking someone to size it down. And, overall, seems to have been decently received.

IT can be shrunk, but I've only heard small complaints about one section, as opposed to more than that, with some support for how it currently is, and a general "lol wow" reaction otherwise. If it's too much, it can be changed.

I feel like while this would be amusing for the first few days it'd inevitably end up being pretty irritating with none of the amusement later on, but I'd still like for it to be up until at least christmas.

Just resize it in this weekend or something, unless the community shows a big overwhelming dislike of it before that point hits.

Why shrink the logo when you can just cut the right part off? We can all be part of Yu-Gi-Oh! Car(d)mak!

This is easily the best solution, itll still fit in with the good ol cheap and shoddy Christmas spirit of YCM and itll make people shut up. Win win for everyone.

Using Moog's post at the top of the page as reference, looks like I cropped it juuuuust enough to keep it out of the text, while still keeping the very edge in the post area. Nothing like a job well done if I do say so.

I feel accomplished that my own post was actually used to contribute to something, even if it was just for making some intentionally crappy ironic logo, because thats more than ill ever get.

Archived