CC Starter Deck Project

Sleepy

This is the start of the project from this thread put into motion (no need to see that thread in order to understand this one).
I am not allowed to post this elsewhere without custom cards to discuss from the get go, and since I plan to hopefully reach the stage where I get to test this at Duel Portal, I imagined it'd be the right place.

[spoiler=The Project]

In hopes of generating more activity within the Custom Cards sections, the idea is to build a Starter Deck in group.
Anybody and everybody can join and make contributions and discuss entries.

Step 1: We scrap all the cards that exist in the game. They no longer exist EXCEPT for a small amount we decide on as a starting point.

Step 2: Once step 1 is complete, we start designing cards and explaining why they'd be good in this mini-set.
To submit a card you must first make your own thread for it, where it will be discussed.
Once discussed and ready, I'm going to add it to this thread's list, and it'll be officially part of the set and have to be taken into consideration in further entries (just like the other cards we start with).

Step 3: If this gets to completion/success, we can try it out using Duel Portal, and if people want to, we could start working on expantion projects from here, or even start from scratch again. We'll figure that out when we get there xD

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and if you wanna help in this project, you just need to make a card and show us,

but please be mindful that one of the goals is to promote activity and interaction around the CC (Custom Cards) sections. You don't need to be super dedicated and active to belong, but please be considerate and don't be that person that silently drops a card and leaves, never to be heard of again even to talk about your own card. 

That said, let's begin~

[spoiler=Step 1: Card Imports]

The first thing to do is to discuss a good base to go off from.
These are the suggestions I have prepared to start discussion. These are subject to change so speak up if you have something in mind you would rather see in here (and why). Once we agree on the base cards, we'll start basing our card-making entries with these in mind.

[spoiler=Base Set - Card Images]
QLozRrI.jpg

[spoiler=Main Deck Card List and Links( 14)]
-Sauravis the Ancient and Ascended
-Chthonian Emperor Dragon
-Performapal Seal Eel
-Double Cyclone
-Adhesion Trap Hole
-Fairy Tail - Sleeper
-Black Brachios
-Hyper Hammerhead
-Construction Train Signal Red
-Sphere Kuriboh
-Penguin Soldier
-Pianissimo
-Heraldic Beast Basilisk

-Sprite's Blessing

[spoiler=Extra Deck Card List and Links]

Xyz(8)

Rank 3:

-Grenosaurus
-Number 48: Shadow Lich
Rank 4:
-Number 85: Crazy Box
-Number 39: Utopia
-Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
-Photon Papilloperative
-Evigishki Merrowgeist

-Number 66: Master Key Beetle
Synchro (6)
Level 4:
-Hi-Speedroid Puzzle
Level 5:
-Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth
-Scarred Warrior
Level 6:
-Gravity Warrior
-Celestial Wolf Lord, Blue Sirius

[spoiler=Step 2: Custom Cards]

[spoiler=Explanation]

Time to get to the meat of the matter. I'm going to keep track of cards from the Custom Cards (CC) sections that are posted for this project. 

When you make a card for this project, notify me in some way or post a link to the card in here, and I'll post the link in here to gather all the cards for people to discuss. Use [CCSD] at your topic's tittle to unify the entries.

You can choose to make an entry to complement the format or to replace one of our imports if needed. 
Imports are the cards that exist IRL that we are using as our base in Step 1 of this thread. We'll be undergoing both Steps simultaneously throughout this project since the editing work is never fully over until the project ends xD

Cards from CC:

-Hard Hat Goblin

-Scavenging Automation Omega

-Axolootly Fabulous!

-Emissary of War

-Lyvanin, Outcast Paladin

-Disastrous Mentalities

Time for comments/doubts/suggestions/objections/additions/changes/thoughts/whatever are welcomed and encouraged~

Well i would like to Help working on it ^^ ~ as you know i already made one card for this but this is not to discussion yet.
So these are the Cards that will be eventually in our Starter Deck? Hmm not to Strong but not to weak either we got a usable Beat Stick and some nice Effects, my only Complains would be - The Ritual Monster cannot be Summoned without the Ritual Spell ~ Why one Pendulum Monster i mean at least we could use two or none and change it to maybe a Monster with a kinda similiar Effect - i think the Effect is why that Card is in here ~ Overall its a kinda Usable Choice for well a Starter Deck but well here are two Replacemend Suggeestions: Pinguin Soldier - Because: It might be Weak in Attack but its Effect is very Usefull because one Tactic would be returning the Train Signal Red to the Hand or to Activate the Black Brachios ; Number 85: Crazy Box - Because its a Nice Wall with 3000 ATK that cannot Attack and Offers Effects depending on Luck also it needs only 2 Level 4 Monsters so that would work ~ These are just Suggestions and Ideas, tell me what you Think!

Well i would like to Help working on it ^^ ~ as you know i already made one card for this but this is not to discussion yet.

So these are the Cards that will be eventually in our Starter Deck? Hmm not to Strong but not to weak either we got a usable Beat Stick and some nice Effects, my only Complains would be - The Ritual Monster cannot be Summoned without the Ritual Spell ~ Why one Pendulum Monster i mean at least we could use two or none and change it to maybe a Monster with a kinda similiar Effect - i think the Effect is why that Card is in here ~ Overall its a kinda Usable Choice for well a Starter Deck but well here are two Replacemend Suggeestions: Pinguin Soldier - Because: It might be Weak in Attack but its Effect is very Usefull because one Tactic would be returning the Train Signal Red to the Hand or to Activate the Black Brachios ; Number 85: Crazy Box - Because its a Nice Wall with 3000 ATK that cannot Attack and Offers Effects depending on Luck also it needs only 2 Level 4 Monsters so that would work ~ These are just Suggestions and Ideas, tell me what you Think!

These are the "first cards"

As we keep filling up the rest of the deck, we'll eventually get the option to replace any of these with more created cards.

Yes they are incomplete strategies at the moment. We can expand on them over time.

The Ritual is at the moment un-Summonable, but it still has the effect that discards itself to protect monsters from an effect that targets. Its Ritual Spell is just a standard Ritual Spell with no extra effects so I didn't include it, but if somebody wants to Summon it, a card can be created to Ritual Summon it.

The Pendulum also is lonely right now. We can make another scale, but that's the job of this project after all - to create cards and fill in the blanks~

About your suggestions:

Crazy Box is an Extra Deck Monster, so it doesn't bother the 40 Main Deck total of the project. This means I can just add it up without taking anything out in its place.

I'll update this in a little bit. It is a pretty decent monster and does have a bit of a risk (especially since the other cards in the base have a fair share of forcing it into Defense Position and it only has 300 DEF) but mostly it is probably one of the most balanced luck-based cards the game has ever made.

Penguin Soldier is a good card. I could sneak it up as an extra card, or I could swap it for one of the above cards if you think one of the cards chosen isn't gonna cut it. What do you think?

EDIT:

Another thing... I'm gonna link to your thread so people interested can look at it without having to track down the entries individually:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359198-sleepys-ccp-entry-hard-hat-goblinwritten/

- - - - - - - - - -

Btw, as an extra note:

I am not personally giving any real focus to the Extra Deck. If somebody wants to make something or import something for it, that's fine, but it is not necessary to fill it up right now.

Well if so, What deck type is this going to be? With the latest starter deck being preformapal, what can be better? I feel like that I find Bull Blader very useful, being a kamikaze play, taking out many large walls and weapons. Paired with pianisimo, it is indestructible.

These are the "first cards"

As we keep filling up the rest of the deck, we'll eventually get the option to replace any of these with more created cards.

Yes they are incomplete strategies at the moment. We can expand on them over time.

The Ritual is at the moment un-Summonable, but it still has the effect that discards itself to protect monsters from an effect that targets. Its Ritual Spell is just a standard Ritual Spell with no extra effects so I didn't include it, but if somebody wants to Summon it, a card can be created to Ritual Summon it.

The Pendulum also is lonely right now. We can make another scale, but that's the job of this project after all - to create cards and fill in the blanks~

About your suggestions:

Crazy Box is an Extra Deck Monster, so it doesn't bother the 40 Main Deck total of the project. This means I can just add it up without taking anything out in its place.

I'll update this in a little bit. It is a pretty decent monster and does have a bit of a risk (especially since the other cards in the base have a fair share of forcing it into Defense Position and it only has 300 DEF) but mostly it is probably one of the most balanced luck-based cards the game has ever made.

Penguin Soldier is a good card. I could sneak it up as an extra card, or I could swap it for one of the above cards if you think one of the cards chosen isn't gonna cut it. What do you think?

EDIT:

Another thing... I'm gonna link to your thread so people interested can look at it without having to track down the entries individually:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359198-sleepys-ccp-entry-hard-hat-goblinwritten/

- - - - - - - - - -

Btw, as an extra note:

I am not personally giving any real focus to the Extra Deck. If somebody wants to make something or import something for it, that's fine, but it is not necessary to fill it up right now.

Nice to Add my Thread to it ^^ - also yeah the Penguin Soldier is to discuss we need more people to give opions for changes and stuff but i hope that many will come and that this project will be Perfectly Done ~ Thanks for letting me know okay i knew the effect of the ritual moster but i wasnt quite sure to keep him just because of that also the lonely Pendulum monster looks really like we could make up something but not now i will take action after some more Discussion about all of this

Well if so, What deck type is this going to be? With the latest starter deck being preformapal, what can be better? I feel like that I find Bull Blader very useful, being a kamikaze play, taking out many large walls and weapons. Paired with pianisimo, it is indestructible.

Don't worry about Performapals or any other decks from the IRL game. The "base" we are gathering up is intended to be our fun and generic starting point. Nothing else in the game exists from that point on except for the "base" we build, and the cards we create to complement on top. Basically we shape up the game from scratch to become whatever level of gameplay you like.

Bull Blader, Got it!

Oh Pianisimo, I forgot that card existed. I was worried about a Forbidden Lance which I otherwise would have wanted to add, but you just brought a pretty interesting alternative.

We are at a bit of a shortage of Spell/Trap Cards so it is especially good right now.

Nice to Add my Thread to it ^^ - also yeah the Penguin Soldier is to discuss we need more people to give opions for changes and stuff but i hope that many will come and that this project will be Perfectly Done ~ Thanks for letting me know okay i knew the effect of the ritual moster but i wasnt quite sure to keep him just because of that also the lonely Pendulum monster looks really like we could make up something but not now i will take action after some more Discussion about all of this

I've been meaning to post in your thread but haven't had the chance to.

It is worth mentioning that the 10 cards I posted up there are also up for discussion. If somebody thinks a card or two among those is iffy or potentially dangerous or potentially bad, we can bring up alternatives.

- - - - - - - - -

Oh, and an important announcement. We are up for a slow start, but even if we are just a few people commenting at the moment, let us proceed.

I'll give it, say, 24 hours from the moment of this post. I'll also update the OP with the additions that have been suggested, If people don't come up with any objections or additions to the base list before that date, we'll just call them official and move on to create cards~

People can join us at latter times and hopefully the project does grow, but let's not halt activities while we wait for that xD

Umm I'll take this chance to comment on one of your suggestions.

You see, Bull Blader has a solid ATK, an optional effect, and damage prevention on top of re-usability. Due to how removal so far is other than this card, I think it might outclass other cards here. Would you be fine if we were to replace it with something that is similar but weaker?

Could I exchange it for this card?

Heraldic Beast Basilisk.

^It also destroys on contact but it is weaker, doesn't prevent battle damage, and is mandatory, balancing it out a bit more in terms of being compared to the other cards.

Your combo with Pianissimo would still exist.

- - - - - -

Oh, and people. You can go ahead and start making cards to discuss for the project n.n

It is still half a day away from the time I suggested, but I don't think it'll hurt to start preparing =D

EDIT:

As to not double-post (too much at least)

I'll just edit this one post and link to the second suggestion card for this project~

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359251-starter-deck-project-axolootly-fabulous/

I prefer Hane-Hane or Gale Lizard over Penguin Soldier. I feel a x2 bounce may be too good at this early stage of the project. If it was annoying some time back in the early days of YGO, now imagine it here. Then again, Sauravis will be around to stop the effect, but still, that x2 bounce may really set the opponent back.

Exploder Dragon vs. Basilisk, huh. The former sure is weaker and thus safer for a conservative approach for the project, but at the same time I wouldn't like this Project to be too passive, and that's were Basilisk would be great for rising the offensive power in a deck by a bit. Considering that in the project there are gems like Sleeper (pseudo-Spell negation is strong) and Penguin if it's preferred, I support going for Basilisk.

I nominate the following Synchros and Xyz as candidates for their inclusion in the project:

Rank3:

- Grenosaurus. Mostly harmless, but being able to turn 2 Level3s into a 2000-ATK beater will come in handy. The burn if more of icing on the cake in this case.

- Number 48: Shadow Lich. A generic Rank3 that doesn't stand out on TCG, but could shine in this project.

Rank4:

- Photon Papilloperative, Like Grenosausus, it should be handy for turning 2 Level4s into a monster with a respectable ATK of 2100. Then, its effect punishes the opponent for being too defensive, plus it assists in inflicting battle damage.

- Evigishki Merrowgeist. Also has a solid ATK of 2100, and the effect should be good at countering floaters and graveyard setup. It may be too early for a graveyard disruptor like this, but  having it around in the project in a way would act as a check for floaters.

Rank5:

- Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja. A 2400-ATK with x2 protection from destruction. Not really impressive IMO but at least gives Level5s the option of going for a Rank5.

- D/D/D Marksman King Tell. It would serve a similar purpose to Armor Ninja: giving Level5s the option of Rank5. Besides, the effect may come in handy sometimes.

Rank6:

- Number 21: Frozen Lady Justice. Punishes the opponent for going defensive. Not quite the threat in terms of ATK, though.

- Sword Breaker. Emergency effect remover as an option if you happen to control 2 Level6s.

Synchro4:

- Underworld Fighter Balmung. Can help with level laddering, solid 2100 ATK, and the floating effect serves as backup.

- Hi-Speedroid Puzzle. Also Level laddering, can deal with somewhat big special Summoned monsters, or putting extra damage.

Synchro5:

- Samsara, Dragon of rebirth. It would be one of the few ways for reviving a monster, since I don't think revival cards like Call of the Haunted will be around.

- Scarred Warrior. Not really amazing, but would be nice to have it around as an option regardless.

Synchro6:

- Celestial Wolf Lord, Blue Sirius.

- Gravity Warrior.

Later I will elaborate on the Synchro6s and add suggestions for the remaining pools if there is anything I find that I consider would be good for the project.

Or possibly exploder dragon, as he has similar effects. I was simply implying that with bull Blader and pianisimo you can have a nice combo. Like if someone attacks exploder dragon, activate pianisimo and then Kuriboh. Also good addition.

I thought about suggesting Exploder Dragon, though just to be safe, I need to point out that it needs to be destroyed by battle to activate, so it doesn't combo with Pianissimo and doesn't destroy high DEF walls it might want to hit.

If you'd still prefer Exploder Dragon over Basilisk then sure, I'll immediately add it.

As a reminder, we can pretty much start making cards and linking them here to make the deck =)

I prefer Hane-Hane or Gale Lizard over Penguin Soldier. I feel a x2 bounce may be too good at this early stage of the project. If it was annoying some time back in the early days of YGO, now imagine it here. Then again, Sauravis will be around to stop the effect, but still, that x2 bounce may really set the opponent back.

Exploder Dragon vs. Basilisk, huh. The former sure is weaker and thus safer for a conservative approach for the project, but at the same time I wouldn't like this Project to be too passive, and that's were Basilisk would be great for rising the offensive power in a deck by a bit. Considering that in the project there are gems like Sleeper (pseudo-Spell negation is strong) and Penguin if it's preferred, I support going for Basilisk.

I nominate the following Synchros and Xyz as candidates for their inclusion in the project:
Rank3:
- Grenosaurus. Mostly harmless, but being able to turn 2 Level3s into a 2000-ATK beater will come in handy. The burn if more of icing on the cake in this case.
- Number 48: Shadow Lich. A generic Rank3 that doesn't stand out on TCG, but could shine in this project.

Rank4:
- Photon Papilloperative, Like Grenosausus, it should be handy for turning 2 Level4s into a monster with a respectable ATK of 2100. Then, its effect punishes the opponent for being too defensive, plus it assists in inflicting battle damage.
- Evigishki Merrowgeist. Also has a solid ATK of 2100, and the effect should be good at countering floaters and graveyard setup. It may be too early for a graveyard disruptor like this, but  having it around in the project in a way would act as a check for floaters.

Rank5:
- Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja. A 2400-ATK with x2 protection from destruction. Not really impressive IMO but at least gives Level5s the option of going for a Rank5.
- D/D/D Marksman King Tell. It would serve a similar purpose to Armor Ninja: giving Level5s the option of Rank5. Besides, the effect may come in handy sometimes.

Rank6:
- Number 21: Frozen Lady Justice. Punishes the opponent for going defensive. Not quite the threat in terms of ATK, though.
- Sword Breaker. Emergency effect remover as an option if you happen to control 2 Level6s.

Synchro4:
- Underworld Fighter Balmung. Can help with level laddering, solid 2100 ATK, and the floating effect serves as backup.
- Hi-Speedroid Puzzle. Also Level laddering, can deal with somewhat big special Summoned monsters, or putting extra damage.

Synchro5:
- Samsara, Dragon of rebirth. It would be one of the few ways for reviving a monster, since I don't think revival cards like Call of the Haunted will be around.
- Scarred Warrior. Not really amazing, but would be nice to have it around as an option regardless.

Synchro6:
- Gravity Warrior.

Later I will elaborate on the Synchro6s and add suggestions for the remaining pools if there is anything I find that I consider would be good for the project.

Remember this is not a booster, but a deck. It'll be awesome if changing the amount of copies of certain cards around makes different decks possible out of this, but it is still something with a 15 card Extra Deck limit. We COULD make it so that all the Extra is imported, but I'd aim for some space for creations.

I'm gonna get around to look into this list of yours more closely tonight~

I thought about suggesting Exploder Dragon, though just to be safe, I need to point out that it needs to be destroyed by battle to activate, so it doesn't combo with Pianissimo and doesn't destroy high DEF walls it might want to hit.

If you'd still prefer Exploder Dragon over Basilisk then sure, I'll immediately add it.

As a reminder, we can pretty much start making cards and linking them here to make the deck =)

Remember this is not a booster, but a deck. It'll be awesome if changing the amount of copies of certain cards around makes different decks possible out of this, but it is still something with a 15 card Extra Deck limit. We COULD make it so that all the Extra is imported, but I'd aim for some space for creations.

I'm gonna get around to look into this list of yours more closely tonight~

Right. Still, these are just nominations, and I think up to 5 Extra Deck monsters is a good number to include in a starter deck, and there already 2 slots occupied in the list, so that leaves 3 for the taking.

[spoiler=Darj's quote]

Rank3:

Rank4:

- Evigishki Merrowgeist. Also has a solid ATK of 2100, and the effect should be good at countering floaters and graveyard setup. It may be too early for a graveyard disruptor like this, but  having it around in the project in a way would act as a check for floaters.

Rank5:

Rank6:

Synchro4:

Synchro5:

Synchro6:

- Gravity Warrior.

Let's change Penguin for Hane-Hane here, looking at how nobody seems to object to your post.
I'll also now go try to edit Basilisk into the list image.

Now about the Extra Deck suggestions:
[spoiler=Rank 3]

Grenosaurus

Shadow Lich

Grenosaurus is alright, though maybe something like Number 17 would work better as a basic beater. In that sense, Shadow Lich would be the best one of the two, being of a similar nature to Number 17 but with fodder support too. I'd say if we had to pick one that is. At the moment we have a pool of 0 Level 3 monsters. I don't wanna make any more Main Deck additions from the IRL game so I think this would be up to the creations if we get to touch on this Level.

[spoiler=Rank 4]

Papilloperative

Merrowgeist

Both are pretty good, but I wanna leave at most 2 of this one. That's 1 more than any other Rank because of how prominent Level 4s are. This means these two are competing with Crazy Box and Pegasus. To be honest, I'd rather Pegasus gets off the format. We have been making things a little more powerful than Pegasus would shine on and I doubt people would want to make it very often even with the pool we currently have.

Papilloperative is my favorite pick here, getting over walls but not dismissing FLIPs. Also, it has better ATK than the materials would probably have here, and that's an incentive on its own. It also has more combo potential overall. I would like to leave Crazy Box in though, because I really like its variety and raw strength.

[spoiler=Rank 5]
Marksman King
Crimson Shadow Ninja

I didn't know Marksman King existed. In any case, Rank 5 is a bit of a stretch here. We currently have 0 in the pool just like with the Level 3 pool, but unlike the Level 3s, these are more heavy, so unless you have a plan in mind for the project, I don't really see much of a need here. We don't need to cover every Level right now. Let's just keep a bit more of a toolbox in here before bosses for more themed strategies until if/when the project finishes up this set and contemplates on expansions.... Again, unless you have something planned here.

[spoiler=Rank 6] 

Sword Breaker
Frozen Lady Justice

These are both really nice, and I really wanna try them out here.... but the same I said about the Rank 5s applies here. With the exception that we actually have a Level 6 at the moment. I'll wait and hear your reply.

- - - - - - -

Synchros:

[spoiler=Level 4]

Balmung

Sppedroid Puzzle

I can see Balmung being a one-time beater and then getting caught in all the effects we already have to make its effect easy to work around.

Puzzle is really interesting as a potential 2600 ATK beater. It could actually go against the other Extra Deck suggestions, so the small difference is pretty decent. Yeah it can be run over by Normal Summons but still... 

[spoiler=Level 5]

Samsara Dragon

Scarred Warrior

Both are a hard pick for me. Both have potential be it ATK/DEF stat change or position change + potential revival from either Graveyard, or a good beater that has OPT protection and gives you some control over what can be attacked, though we don't really have many Warriors. Not that it is a deal-breaker though....
I personally like Samsara better but I've used it before and know it is very reactive so it won't always really help as much.... but maybe we could work something out. Also, with my Axolotl card, I think Level 5 is only possible at the moment if the other non-Tuner is KokonutLP's Hard Hat Goblin, which is already a defensive card on its own. We have work to do.

[spoiler=Level 6]

Gravity Warrior
Blue Sirius

So Gravity Warrior is another wall-breaker card huh? I wonder if it actually fills up a niche, because can't say Papilloperative is made with the same setup here. Though the opponent could make a fool out of this card with a Hane Hane. I think this is solid though, looking at how we started up kind of defensive. 

I personally think Blue Sirius is more of a built-in "take down that boss" which sounds fun. It could just as easily walk into the wrong form of removal, though IDK... this is probably the most even in my head. We'll get back to it xD

Let's discuss this further xD

In other news, here's a thread for another card suggestion for this place:
https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359329-custom-card-project-emmisary-of-war/

Right, it will be better to wait what Synchro/Xyzs options will be available in the starter deck before adding at least 1 option to each pool.

And... I'm starting to lean to Penguin Soldier. I don't really want this project to end up too passive, and Soldier would be kind of a semi-power card that can pick up the pace.

Hi there :)

I'd also like to participate in the project.

I think that we should include "Sprite's Blessing" (the ritual spell), because IMO it's kind of weird that Sauravis mentions a card that does not exist. Without the card, it just looks to much like being assembled from parts of something else, instead of being a stand-alone.

Also, (altough that's propably not that important) we should maybe think about an abbreviation to put in front of the card number (well, we can propably ignore that with the non-custom cards, but I like the idea of all the custom cards being connected through their card numbers). If I might make a suggestion, CCSD would propably be a sensible choice (except if someone comes up with a fancy name for the deck).

Hi there :)

I'd also like to participate in the project.

I think that we should include "Sprite's Blessing" (the ritual spell), because IMO it's kind of weird that Sauravis mentions a card that does not exist. Without the card, it just looks to much like being assembled from parts of something else, instead of being a stand-alone.

Also, (altough that's propably not that important) we should maybe think about an abbreviation to put in front of the card number (well, we can propably ignore that with the non-custom cards, but I like the idea of all the custom cards being connected through their card numbers). If I might make a suggestion, CCSD would propably be a sensible choice (except if someone comes up with a fancy name for the deck).

Welcome!

That's fair enough. I actually thought we had a bigger problem with that than we currently do... I was under the impression we had a few cards talking about Numbers, Performapals, and other stuff that we don't currently have. Instead it's just the Ritual Spell and maybe Polymerization that we lack xD

Yeah I can add it.

CCSD sounds good. We hadn't really agreed on anything. I can edit my threads to include those initials and make it all more unified and recognizable.

▪Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.

Reasons: Well, it's a generic Rank 4, so you have alot of options when it comes to monsters to use as Xyz Materials. It also has a simple, powerful, and straight forward effect; halving an opponent's monster's ATK, and gaining ATK equal to the lost amount, so I think it fits in a Starter Deck.

Sorry for the silence of the last few days. I had a mix of stuff to do IRL and procrastination because the OP needed a big update.

As of right now, I half-edited the OP of this thread.

-I finally exchanged Bull Blader for Basilisk in the Main Deck base pool.

-I separated the Main and Extra Deck base lists, although I haven't prepared the image of the Extra Deck suggestions (I'm still working on it).

-Most importantly, I added the [step 2] section which will start gathering up the custom cards made by people for this. We have a few of them now so as soon as I post this I'll keep updating those into the spoiler.

Another announcement:
Thanks for the suggestions, but remember this is a custom card project above all else.

Try to only suggest any more cards from the IRL game if you think they'll really complement what we currently have in some creative way. We really need to concentrate on making our own cards from here on otherwise. Out of the current suggestions, I'd actually want to ask to narrow down the Extra Deck suggestions (listed in the OP) to around  6 to 8 cards. Total. If we fill up any more, let it be with what we make ^-^"

Added the latest card I've seen for this project: "Disastrous Mentalities", to the OP.

Also, shortened some of the text bits of the OP here and there.... I'll keep trying to do that more as I get the chance.

Third update of this moment: I wrote "Sprite's Blessing" without linking it to its wikipedia page. It keeps bugging the OP and deleting bits that are around it. I must have edited it like 20 times since yesterday. It's a nuisance. Anyways it's just vanilla Ritual Spell for any LIGHT but used primarily for Sauravis' Summon.

Archived