CC Starter Deck Project

Sleepy

I had a bit of an idea, and I'd like to hear a second opinion on the matter:
Up until now I've been going about this project with the idea of having a 40 card max (because Main Deck ideal is 40 cards when playing).

However, I was thinking to be more lose about it. To let people suggest imports (cards that exist IRL coming into this custom format we are making) and create cards regardless of any limit.

After we have an excess of 40 cards, then narrow down our options and tweak things up as needed. We can up or down the power of some cards (even if the entries aren't the newest ones) according to the desire of the people in this project.

Whatever becomes excess, just gets put onto a potential second project. Well that is IF we get to finish this one xD

What are your people's thoughts?

Up until now I've been going about this project with the idea of having a 40 card max (because Main Deck ideal is 40 cards when playing).

However, I was thinking to be more lose about it. To let people suggest imports (cards that exist IRL coming into this custom format we are making) and create cards regardless of any limit.

After we have an excess of 40 cards, then narrow down our options and tweak things up as needed. We can up or down the power of some cards (even if the entries aren't the newest ones) according to the desire of the people in this project.

Whatever becomes excess, just gets put onto a potential second project. Well that is IF we get to finish this one xD

Sounds good to me, we should, however, watch out that we don't use too many existent cards, or it wouldn't be a real CC deck IMO.

Well, needless to say it is too soon to increase the limit since the pool is not even close to the initial 40-card limit yet. But yes, to keep things rolling, I support going past 40 cards.

Not fully convinced about adding more than 10 official cards. I thought the main goal was to play mainly with custom cards, so the least official material is in the project, the better IMO.

Well, needless to say it is too soon to increase the limit since the pool is not even close to the initial 40-card limit yet. But yes, to keep things rolling, I support going past 40 cards.

Not fully convinced about adding more than 10 official cards. I thought the main goal was to play mainly with custom cards, so the least official material is in the project, the better IMO.

Yes, we are well under the limit and going at a snail's pace so its not that I'm that confident, but options are options, and the project feels a tad miss-matched at the moment, with Pendulums doing one thing, the Ritual doing one thing, and the rest of the cards doing another thing. It will ultimately be cropped to 40 Main Deck cards. That's where we take out the import excess or the custom entries that don't fit in the bigger picture in some way. Not saying we'll can them and move on, but we'll keep them for a future project.

It would be great if imports were entirely replaced by custom versions better adapted for the project because they were only meant as a guide to begin with, but it won't be a big deal if some stay. As long as 3/4 of the project is custom at the end, I'll be happy.

It would be great if imports were entirely replaced by custom versions better adapted for the project because they were only meant as a guide to begin with, but it won't be a big deal if some stay. As long as 3/4 of the project is custom at the end, I'll be happy.

Yes, I fully support this: to gradually & eventually replace the currently allowed imports with custom cards better adapted to, or designed for, the project. he current imports should remain until the project is more established. Although, I really want at least 1 Sauravis format :v

I am all for that. It sound like a great plan of action, keep it up.

So if I want to submit a card I have to make my own thread? How can I make it easy to find?

You give us the link to your thread in here and I'll post it in the original post (OP) of this thread for everybody to see. 

It also helps that the section is not incredibly active so one kind of can't really miss it xD

So if I want to submit a card I have to make my own thread? How can I make it easy to find?

You give us the link to your thread in here and I'll post it in the original post (OP) of this thread for everybody to see. 

It also helps that the section is not incredibly active so one kind of can't really miss it xD

Also, you should mark the thread with something like [CCSD] or [CC Starter Deck Project] in the title.

▪Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.

Reasons: Well, it's a generic Rank 4, so you have alot of options when it comes to monsters to use as Xyz Materials. It also has a simple, powerful, and straight forward effect; halving an opponent's monster's ATK, and gaining ATK equal to the lost amount, so I think it fits in a Starter Deck.

Dropping my thoughts on this:

I don't like the suggestion of adding Dark Rebellion to the project just yet. It's a card that even in nowadays TCG sees some play, so I suspect it would be too overwhelming for this project at this early stage. Plus, for reference, Chthonian Emperor Dragon, so far the biggest and most accessible monster in the project, requires to be on your hand, a Tribute, has 2400 ATK and an extra Normal Summon for its effect. It should be clear how Rebellion Dragon would outright outclass it: it has a base ATK of 2500, making him too big for the project already even without using its effect, and as a generic Rank4 that thus doesn't need to be drawn or searched, it is way more accessible.

It's been a couple days since the thread was last active, I'm just posting this to say that this project is still alive.

I've just been busy IRL. Christmas is coming and we'll have full house so we need some big preparations.

Though if anybody has any ideas/submissions/suggestions, they are welcome as always~

I'll try to push forward but can't promise being able to as of right now =)

• 2 weeks later...

With this I remind people this project is not dead. Was just caught up in the holidays.... and maybe a bit more on the Discord chat following *shrugs* but the project's still running.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/360120-cc-starter-deck-written-squared-up-pot/

EDIT:

Btw, I have been thinking on moving Rituals, Pendulums, and everything from the Extra Deck, on to a "reserve" Including the cards I've made of course...

Maybe some people aren't joining because I've been adding all the advanced mechanics... and there are those out there that'd appreciate a more simple start, but I wanna hear your opinions.

Of course, what's already been made wouldn't go to waste either if somebody else brought a Pendulum or a Ritual, but I'd have them as a bit more of an expansion, sort of speak....

AGAIN: Not decided, but I wanna hear opinions of those participating. What do you feel like doing? 

EDIT:
Another one.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/360121-cc-starter-deck-written-reinforcement-from-the-stars/

I think we should keep Rituals, Xyz, Pendulums and these "advanced" mechanics. Not only it gives more freedom to the participants with card creations, also it makes this format different to other "reboot" or "old school" formats that indeed keep such mechanics out of the game.

I think we should keep Rituals, Xyz, Pendulums and these "advanced" mechanics. Not only it gives more freedom to the participants with card creations, also it makes this format different to other "reboot" or "old school" formats that indeed keep such mechanics out of the game.

Hmm I guess there can be charm to that. I just can't help but wonder if any people passing by might have seen the project,clicked into the thread, and then leave because any of those was in there. Although 3 people (including you and me) have submitted Pendulums so I guess for what we are, so far nobody has complained, uh, IDK... 

I suppose I'll just leave them all in until somebody else suggests otherwise.

Archived