Laval Archetype Support

Titan403

Laval Archetype

This is meant to be a working deck.

These cards are based around my favorite deck. I love their engine but feel they need more to really flow

and play as an archetype instead of being abused for their engine in pumping out quasar and the like.

I would really appreciate any constructive criticism. Any ideas for the cards themes, editing their effects, or new

card ideas to add would be highly appreciated. Also any help formatting the effects would be great. I tried my

best though don't know the ins and outs of effects. A lot of the effects are formatted in a way to make certain graveyard

hits not miss timing.

Ultimately I want the deck to feel fluid and flow nicely, while giving each card its purpose and not giving any one card

ultimate priority. I want to be able to build the deck a few different ways, like playing it milling style or a control style or default.

ABOUT LAVALS:

This archetype focuses heavily on it's ability to set up the graveyard and manipulate it to control the field and special summon.

Currently the archetype can put "half" the deck into the graveyard, but without a hand or graveyard effects they can't do much

without rekindling to bring them back.

[spoiler=Main Existing Laval Cards:]

[spoiler=MONSTERS:]

[spoiler=Laval Cannon:]0Uzu7OW.jpg

Level 4 - 1600/800 - Effect: 

When this card is Normal or Flip Summoned: You can target 1 of your banished "Laval" monsters; Special Summon that target.

[spoiler=Laval Volcano Handmaiden:]5sX3HC3.jpg

Level 1 - 100/200 - Tuner/Effect: 

When this card is sent to the Graveyard, if you have a "Laval" monster in your Graveyard other than "Laval Volcano Handmaiden":

You can send 1 "Laval" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard.

[spoiler=Laval Lakeside Lady:]QrF9qLb.jpg

Level 3 - 200/200 - Tuner/Effect: 

If this card is in your Graveyard and you have 3 or more "Laval" monsters with different names in your Graveyard:

You can banish this card and 1 other "Laval" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 Set card your opponent controls;

destroy that target.

[spoiler=Laval Coatl:]w4YlBOZ.jpg

Level 2 - 1300/700 - Tuner/Effect: 

If you have 3 or more "Laval" monsters with different names in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon

this card (from your hand).

[spoiler=SPELLS/TRAPS:]

[spoiler=Molten Conduction Field:]WXCjx9z.jpg

Normal Spell: 

Send 2 "Laval" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Rekindling:]UL1QgPl.jpg

Normal Spell: 

Special Summon from your Graveyard as many FIRE monsters as possible with 200 DEF, but banish them

during the End Phase.

[spoiler=Dustflame Blast:]6GVcBCj.jpg

Normal Trap: Banish all "Laval" monsters from your Graveyard; destroy any number of cards on the field,

up to the number of monsters banished for this card's activation.

[spoiler=SYNCHROS/XYZS:]

[spoiler=Lavalval Dragon:]pHG64Po.jpg

Level 5 - 2000/1100 - Synchro/Effect:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner FIRE monsters

You can shuffle 2 "Laval" monsters from your Graveyard into your Main Deck to target 1 card your opponent
controls; return it to the hand.

[spoiler=Lavalval Dual Slasher:]kBqpiWp.jpg

Level 5 - 2400/200 - Synchro/Effect:
This card gains effects based on the number of "Laval" monsters in your Graveyard:
● 2+: Once per turn, if this card attacks a Defense Position monster, it can attack once again in a row.
● 3+: If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.

[spoiler=Lavalval Dragun:]kV9mHr9.jpg

Level 6 - 2500/1200 - Synchro/Effect:
Once per turn: You can add 1 "Laval" monster from your Deck to your hand, then send 1 "Laval" monster
from your hand to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Laval Stennon:]tgY3s0l.jpg

Level 7 - 2700/1800 - Synchro/Effect:
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard. During either player's turn,
when this card is targeted by a card effect: You can banish 1 "Laval" monster from your Graveyard; negate the activation,
and if you do, destroy the targeting card.

[spoiler=Lavalval Chain (banned for being generic):]TftfMkJ.jpg

Rank 4 - 1800/1000 - XYZ/Effect:
2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate 1 of these effects;
● Send 1 card from your Deck to the Graveyard.
● Choose 1 monster from your Deck and place it on top of your Deck.

So here are the cards I designed:

[spoiler=MONSTERS:]

[spoiler=Laval Cinder Knight:]feicL8z.jpg

Level 4 - 1900/200 - Effect:

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Laval" Tuner monster in your Graveyard; Special

Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. If you activated this effect, you cannot special summon monsters for

the rest of this turn, except FIRE monsters. You can only use this effect of "Laval Cinder Knight" once per turn.

[spoiler=Laval Swordsman:]cXznavg.jpg

Level 4 - 1800/100 - Effect:

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Laval" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can banish

1 "Laval" monster from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card from your hand. 

[spoiler=Laval Gunner:]UnEEjvr.jpg

Level 3 - 1500/200 - Effect:

If you have 3 or more "Laval" monsters with different names in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this

card from your hand. If this card is sent from the Deck to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Laval" card: You can

Special Summon it.

[spoiler=TUNERS:]

[spoiler=Laval Blazing Phoenix:]7lcHAjh.jpg

Level 2 - 300/100 - Tuner/Effect:

If this card is in your Graveyard and you have 3 or more "Laval" monsters with different names in your Graveyard:

You can banish 1 other "Laval" monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the

field. You can only use this effect of "Laval Blazing Phoenix" once per turn.

[spoiler=Laval Flare Sorceress:]GwLCjD3.jpg

Not 100% set on this cards first effect.

Level 3 - 1100/300 - Tuner/Effect:

You can discard this card and 1 "Laval" monster from your hand; draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of

"Laval Flare Sorceress" once per turn. If you have 3 or more "Laval" monsters with different names in your Graveyard:

You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

[spoiler=SPELL/TRAP:]

[spoiler=Lavalval Magma Realm:]PNKYAL6.jpg

Field Spell:

Once per turn, if a "Laval" monster is sent from your Deck or hand to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Laval" card,

other than "Lavalval Magma Realm" from your Deck to your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect:

You can pay 1000 Life Points to add 1 "Laval" card from your Deck to your hand. 

[spoiler=Lavalval Ignition:]tZkebhm.jpg

Normal Spell:

Excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, add 1 excavated "Laval" card to your hand, then send any remaining "Laval"

cards to the Graveyard, also shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You can only activate 1 "Laval Ignition" per turn.

During your turn, except the turn this card was activated: If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card

and 1 other "Laval" card from your Graveyard; draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Lavalval Respark:]lbnqeOD.jpg

Want to come up with a new effect that fits the deck or feels better than this currently

Normal Spell:

Add 1 "Laval" monster from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Laval Respark"

per turn. If this card is sent to the graveyard by the effect of a "Laval" card: You can add 1 banished

"Laval" monster to your hand.

[spoiler=SYNCHRO/XYZ:]

[spoiler=Lavalval Brimrock:]q7BzQrX.jpg

Rank 4 - 2300/1000 - XYZ/Effect:

2 Level 4 FIRE monsters

If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card to activate 1 of these effects.
• Send 1 "Laval" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard
• When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can add 1 "Laval" Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand.

[spoiler=Lavalval Molten Lord:]9aVVYHV.jpg

Level 6 - 2600/1600 - Synchro/Effect:
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can discard 1 card.
Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Laval" monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up card on the field;
destroy that target.

[spoiler=Lavalval Priestess:]19xGOQT.jpg

Not finished with the art for this card.

Level 8 - 2800/1900 - Synchro/Effect: 

This card gains effects based on the number of "Laval" monsters with different names in your
Graveyard. You can only use 1 of these effects per turn and only once that turn.
- 3+: Target 1 face-up card on the field: Banish 1 "Laval" monster from your Graveyard; flip the
target face-down.
- 5+: During either players turn: You can banish 1 "Laval" monster from your Graveyard and
discard 1 card; banish 1 card your opponent controls.

I am currently trying to give another card some useful effect that will make "Laval Lakeside Lady" more useful

with her graveyard effect. Currently the only card that assists this is "Lavalval Priestess" but I dont know that I like

that effect for a synchro monster or only a synchro. Potentially Im trying to give either a "face-up" effect similar to

hers to another monster, or give an effect to a monster that sets something. The problem is that her effect is sub-useful

for trap card backrow that can be activated at any time, they will just activate it in response to her blowing it up, and if it is

a continuous card like skill drain, then my deck struggles to deal with anything like that. Most decks do I guess, but my only

solution would be to add twin twisters which I hate using backrow destruction or traps that arent built into the archetype.

Currently the ideas are a card that says,

"If this card is in your Graveyard and you have 3 or more "Laval" monsters with different names in your Graveyard:

You can banish this card and 1 other "Laval" monster from your Graveyard; target 1 face-up card your opponent controls: Destroy that target.

or 

"During either player's turn: If this card is in your Graveyard and you have 3 or more "Laval" monsters with different names in your Graveyard:

You can banish this card and 1 other "Laval" monster from your Graveyard; target 1 face-up card your opponent controls: Flip that target face-down.

or

"During either player's turn: You can discard this card and 1 "Laval" monster; target 1 face-up card your opponent controls: Flip that target face-down.

Archived