Technology/Mechanics Section

As much as I am a supporter of technology and related discussion - being the candidate in support of Artificial Super Intelligence and, outside this forum, research into mechanical grafts and upgrades to humanity -  I also understand that such a forum section would likely be pointless. The General section is a reasonably acceptable section for technology discussion, given a thread that facilitates it. There is no need to waste resources on a completely separate section for niche discussion that won't be any more active than General already is.

Yeah, General already covers everything that's related to real-life stuff, and that includes electronics and all. While it would be nice to give them a spot, yes, there really is little point in doing so, as either members don't have enough knowledge of the subject to talk about it in detail or are uninterested in the matter.

In other words, if we were to make a forum for engineering/technology students to talk about these things (advances in technology, structural loads / material design*, etc), it's only going to be used by a very few members and ultimately get less posts in there than, say, the GFX Contest area. If you want to talk about this type of stuff in detail, you can use a forum that's dedicated to that sort of thing, but over here isn't a good spot.

* I'm assuming you're including this as potential topic discussion

------

Last time I checked, there's only a handful of engineering students on this forum; myself included (despite mixed feelings about the coursework at times).

Archived