Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Shradow

So the rumors were true, a new MvC game was announced this past Playstation Experience event. It's currently set to launch in late 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. In addition, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is getting released on current systems. The PS4 version is out now, and the Xbox One and PC versions are coming in March 2017.

Now I've never actually played any of the MvC games, but I think they're cool as sheet to watch. Marvel's Infinity Stones being incorporated looks pretty neat, and at least from the trailers it seems like it's only 2v2 this time around. Personally, I'm just hoping Phoenix Wright comes back.

A lot of the same stuff from the Character Trailer, but we have 2 additions.

Anyway, never owned a MvC game, but I've played them a bit and yea, they are a lot of fun. Interesting that this seems to be 2v2 which is a pretty big mix up from past entries. My guess is the Infinity Stones are taking the place of X-Factor. If that is the case that could be interesting. Also, shame that Marvel is going to be pushing the MCU super hard since odds are that means X-Men and Fantastic Four based characters are going to get dropped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It really is amazing how blatant the whole "we can use this game to advertise our stuff" Marvel is doing here. Though, not gonna lie, they've done a good job integrating it into the game. Capcom remembering Mega Man exists did wonders for that since the SigmaxUltron alliance is a really cool jumping off point for the story.

Some early footage:

The art style in the story trailer was fine but I think it looks a lot nicer in-game, though I can't say I prefer it to 3's more comic book style. Since this is early footage I imagine there's still some polishing to be done. Definitely not a fan of the UI as it stands, however.

Archived