Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Cow's Character Castle

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

45 replies to this topic

Y'shtola

Y'shtola

Though time be against us, hope shall ever be on our side.

• Elite Members
  • 2,214 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:41 PM
  • Alias:Sethera

Yeah I'm still salty about that too tbh. Not sure why people just stopped posting as I had plans for that RP. Oh well, I guess.

Posted Image

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:58 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Well at least I was able to create the GOAT Pokemon character ever....

Yes next up is another from that RP! (technically the third in the list but meh)

Duchess

From Pokemon: The Promised Land

Duchess was a super fun app to make. I really like what i did here. It was brief but explained everything. She didn't have to be super detailed especially as she was young but I think I did well with what little I wrote.

I really wanted to have a Snivy character. It's a Pokemon I've always loved and, honestly, the design of the Pokemon itself screams "personality". And since the nickname for the Mon is often Smugleaf...well I decided to roll with it.

Perhaps it is a typical personality but I do think the addition of liking gratitude helps a little. Softens the smugness as it were, without being contrived. I enjoyed her very simple personality, one which suited her background and her age. It was really fun to write. Honestly this kind of character is one of my favorite to write, to some's chagrin, and I feel like I do it well for some reason.

Her backstory came to me in a flash of inspiration and it just...I'm not sure what to say except it just happened. I wrote it quickly and it all seemed to mesh really well and that's that. I had hoped to bring that trainer into the RP at some point but obviously we never got that far. I feel that Duchess would be mortified by the encounter.

I really, really, really wanted to have her use Substitute and Solar Beam in a fight just once and have it work. It'd been so cool....alas.

Overall she was a simple character with a simple premise and was very simple for me to write. I adored her though and I had fun with everything she did. And she got to do a decent amount of interactions. She even got half the RP characters annoyed at her which definitely was a win in my book. ;)

She is purely a fun character. I didn't have any major intentions and just wanted to see how she'd grow, naturally, which seems to be the way I get the best results now that I think about it. I don't actually have much more to say but I think I should take this as a sign to maybe go back to basics a bit more...hey I learned something, woo!

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

And now for the last of my Pokemon characters. (Well of this RP). Now, enter....

Samba

From Pokemon: The Promised Land

Because how could I not do a Maractus? Probably my silliest and maybe funnest of my characters. This guy was incredible and I love him to pieces. I wanted to try and make a character that was actually totally a carefree idiot. No baggage. No darkness. No hidden wisdom. Just a lovable idiot.

I was really happy to think about using the back sprite for the image cause it really sets the tone in my opinion.

And yes I made a Doctor Who reference because why not? Maybe Samba is secretly a Time Lord who knows.

Samba is the simplest character I've made, most likely, and honestly it's really nice to look back on that. Sometimes things get too complicated or sad and that's when Samba shines. I fully intended to keep him basically the same throughout the journey with maybe an occasional "moment" but I wanted to try a mostly static character to see how that works.

Even his bio was simple. I barely had to put thought into it and yet I think it works super perfectly for who he is and what was needed.

I honestly really liked his combat stuff because it was just hilarious to imagine. I think I wanted him to learn Ingrain too at some point but I forget. Basically he wouldn't be able to do much but he'd be the greatest support ever. Without even trying.

Oh and yes I made him interested in all the things that hurt him because it just fits don't it?

Overall I really loved this character which is fitting for my favorite Pokemon. He even got to have a really amusing back and forth early on. It would have been really fun to see how he reacted to everything else and test myself to see if I could keep him consistently stupid and happy.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

And now we reach an on-going RP...my RP in fact. I have a lot of NPCs for this but for now let's focus on my "official" PC characters.

PokeWitch

From Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God

Ahhh Gwen. When I made a Gijinka RP I knew I had to use Mismagius because that's one of my favorite Gijinka art of all time. Reserved that so damn fast I think I had it in the OOC right away.

It's interesting because originally there was only to be one group and, when the split happened, I actually put Gwen in the group away from the original starting location despite having been the first character. I always wonder what would have happened had I not done it. Thinking on it Gwen might've become an NPC instead.

I decided that she seemed like a really sweet person and I was trying to find a name that'd fit a nice witch and Gwendoline just rolled off the tongue and it was a match made in heaven.

I wanted to figure out something to make her less human than she appeared because a problem I see with a lot of Gijinka art is that they tend to just be humans with clothing. So I took away her feet and made her float everywhere (though I do often forget this while writing) and made it so that the hat is actually something special to them upon evolving.

When deciding a personality I basically just wanted to make the sweetest person I could. Because I knew there would be kids in the RP and there would be tougher characters. So Gwen was made so that she could take care of any children that happened to be around. Sadly we don't get to see this as much because the children are in other teams but I do what I can. I found it interesting to have a young woman be so motherly and I wanted to try and give the impression of "Mature for her age but not as mature as she tries to be."

Her reasons for chasing Giratina are mysterious on purpose and she doesn't even know for sure why it is. I figured that giving her younger siblings would be a great way to explain how she acts. Most of her bio is a mystery due to the rather...unusual nature of her hometown and I am excited for when I get to expand upon it more.

When deciding combat moves I didn't want to make her tryhard, as she's a pacifist (Which btw is so hard to do here lol) but I wanted her to be able to protect people. I went with the witchiest moves I could think of and went from there. Now that the move number has increased and since Mismagius doesn't have level up moves I will have to find a way to fit Mystic Fire in there too..hmm...

In any case Gwen has been a treat to write though I do often worry she's kind of sidelined. This is due to me having to write for several teams and so, so, so many different NPCs. But hopefully as we get closer to heading for her hometown I'll be able to show more of her character. As it stands she's trying to be a mother to the youngest member of their group, despite them not being that much younger than her, while also feeling both admiration and jealousy of the other, more competent, group members.
It's also interesting to have her react to all the terrible things that happen in Adarid. Even, or especially, the things that the players don't think twice about.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

Still going strong with Gijinka characters. This one created after the decision to split the group up.

The Hero Has Arrived!

Sethera showed me the image and I knew I had to make a character. I never thought much of the Pokemon she's based on but I just had to use that image.

I wanted someone young and fairly weak but scrappy. I felt there would be a ton of stronger Gijinka or weaker ones who didn't fight so I wanted to make the fightiest character I could.

So she became one of those "What you say about me fite me bitch" with more innocence. And it was great. I had to try and keep her from being too similar to some other characters so I made it that she was kind of dense but also knowledgeable. In that she is an airhead about life but a genius when it comes to legends. The idea was she spent her entire life learning about them and wanting to fight them and didn't really take the time to worry about if she could and understanding basic things.

I feel I fail sometimes in making her airheaded enough though but I am pretty happy with how aggressive and FITE ME she is.

With her bio I wanted to have someone native to Oasis because it was where half the RP would start. I also wanted to show that the legends were in fact active back then.

It was also really fun to hint at the fact that Mac is a pretty good fighter despite her low level. Underestimating her is actually bad because of how damn shonen she is.

It was a simple bio because she literally is just some young girl with dreams of grandeur and that's exactly what I wanted.

The combat was really fun. The Heli line is really strong in special attack. Like they can be pretty dangerous with something like Thunderbolt. Buuuut nah. Mac isn't like that. She want to fight and punch so that's what I gave her.

However I didn't want the special stat to be useless so I gave her a special thunderpunch which I feel fits her enough and at least lets her do one "super" move.

I love Mac. She's so fun and really easy to have do things. Though I worry, like with other of my Gijinka characters, that I push her to the side because Host Post. She should probably be a bit more active but it can be difficult. I hope to get to have her be more and more active as she gets stronger though. Once she evolves watch out. ;)

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

And for the final and latest of the PC characters for Gijinka (Tackling the NPCs will be haaaaaaard)

The Curious Derp

I love this precious child. She came into being because one of Yui's character's lost the group he was in. (One bowed out of RP the other didn't want to play one of their characters without the one that bowed out) So I had a plan to add a new person and also make my own character to take his in. As his character was a child as well I figured the best bet would be to make one of the characters be a type who would take in a child.

So I came up with Dora and said that the "criteria" for a new character would be someone who would take in a lost child or two.

It's nice when good things happen from bad. Lost some cool characters but I got Dora out of it and she's great. I wanted to go full "Nice girl Wooper" and so I created the most innocent and oblivious creature I could. She's absolutely ridiculous and doesn't make sense in most cases but she's fun and makes me smile.

She's one of those rare gimmicky characters that actually works and it's great.

I enjoy making up things about Gijinka appearances to make them less human and I love what I did here. Gills (btw I didn't even realize it but it's scientifically accurate to my knowledge in some respect) and the arm thing because well...Wooper have no arms but evolve to gain them so I decided that she'd just have weak arms. And the weak arm thing is always fun to have in writing with the way she does things.

She's not meant to be a super in depth crazy good characterization and growth type character. Something I find to be a bit of a mistake is to assume all characters have to be extremely fleshed out. Sometimes it's good, especially in an RP with a large cast, to have some characters that are a bit simpler.

Her bio came out a bit weird because I kept coming up with random bits and pieces. I really liked the idea of her not realizing she was adopted despite the species differences. I decided that her parent side stuff would be a possible sidequest but not necessary for the plot. Like Dora herself tbh.

Though there is a secret to her that none but me and my co-host know. ;)

I wanted a really weak character who would just somehow survive fights and that's the entire purpose of the moveset. Though I realized she evolves fast so eventually she'll actually probably be fairly tough.

Also yes she's partially based on The Little Mermaid in backstory. But her name actually comes from three things.

Dory the fish

Dora the Explorer

A Dora ble

So yeah that's my child right there. Who is just always refreshing to write. I actually don't have many plans for Dora except to keep on being her. She's probably gonna be really close to Yui's character, Fawkes, over time and basically treat her as a sister. She already is attached to her as is. Not much else to say except that...Gijinka PCs finished! See y'all next time for a different RP

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

This next one will include some salt and some regret. Fun, right?

The Frozen Heart

From Super Sentai: Magic Force

I'll get the salt out of the way. I was very much not happy with how this RP turned out. I think it was handled very poorly by the hosts and it caused me to lose faith quick. And since I was one of the only who were actively posting in a small roster it died really quickly and it left a sour taste in my mouth for a long time. I honestly should have handled it better though. In that I should've actually changed things instead of just butting heads with the hosts (which btw was another issue, more than half the cast were the hosts/co-hosts)

But now to the important part, the character. I was in a dark place when writing this character. But I wasn't actually in a dark place. It's weird because I definitely got into the mood characters as I write them. Sometimes, see Mary, it can be a bit troublesome. Here too.

It started with me finding that image and realizing it could fit really well for the "Magical Girl" side of her. I didn't want to find an image for her normal form so I wrote it out and I think I described her pretty well.

Looking at the image and realizing I hadn't made this kind of character I decided to make her literally depressed. I also wanted to try to actually make a character who truly felt like everything was worthless and wasn't just lazy or edgy. I laid it on thick but I felt it was necessary to make sure it was understood it was a real thing and not just "She's sad." or just a gimmick.

My plan was for her to grow throughout the RP and eventually, through actions of those around her, realize that fighting for something actually felt...good. See, her main driving force at the moment was memories of her grandfather and knowing he'd not want her to give in. So she was in a constant struggle to keep her head above water out of fear of disappointing him.

This would eventually grow into her coming to terms with things and seeing that actually doing something with life was more rewarding than she expected. That it was something she slowly began to want to do instead of have to do.

I was so excited to be able to play something like this more realistically than before and that is part of why it upset me to see it handled the way it was. I'm not blameless of course but it doesn't keep me from being salty about it.

In any case her powers seemed to be pretty obvious to me. She looked icy and felt icy so ice was the way to go. Her mech was a really fun one to me because its design is from an old game no one has played called Vanguard Bandits. It's my favorite design from a game I really liked.
Plus the bird form. I am unsure how it came to be I just was thinking that the mech had a bird-ish quality to it and found a perfect bird to base it off of.

I wanted Blizzard to have a sort of connection to Tabitha and for her to become actually attached to it. Which would've been the start of showing that somewhere deep inside she actually felt excited about fighting for something.

It didn't pan out of course and I could've written her app better but overall I'm happy with what I did because it's something I hadn't done before.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

And now we move on to a still on-going RP once more!

The Tactical Princess

From Fire Emblem: Curse of the Goddess

So this one was interesting. Note that Tactician isn't part of the class list. See, Sethera and I figured it made sense for the host and co-host to have unique classes. They, as host, were the obvious choice for Lord. So I figured being the Lord's Tactician makes most sense. The images full credit to finding goes to Sethera. We were discussing things and I believe I was helping decide which image to go with for their character when I realized that several from the artist could be related and we came up with the idea of royal siblings.

Penelope is a name dear to me because it's one of the names that I decided I would give my future child. And because of my love of tactics I figured that having my "Fire Emblem child" being a Tactician named Penelope makes most sense.

I went a bit overboard with the personality because there was just so much I wanted to express. But it really boils down to them being way too intent on book learning and knowledge from books. They are intended to be completely in the camp that book smarts beats street smarts and that street smarts can come from books as well.

While not entirely wrong this gives her a unique stance where she'll overlook personal experience in favor of things she knows from books.
However she also believes in talking to the people of her country. She honestly doesn't realize that she's experiencing instead of reading. It's done purely because she wants to help everyone.She has knowledge and wisdom gained from these talks but she still defaults to book knowledge whenever pressed. Eventually she'll, probably, realize that true intellect comes from embracing both. She puts it into practice on occasion but doesn't actually realize she's doing so.

I really enjoyed giving her a bit of a playful side because it allows me to come up with a ton of silly facts and such which has led to some of my favorite posts.

When coming up with the Bio I wanted her to be opposite of her sister in how she was raised. Less limits, more praise, and more experience with civilians where her sister had experience with soldiers. This gives her such a different view point. She believes in leading through a sort of democracy. In that she gets the opinions of others.
Except for when it comes to tactics. She is prideful enough and has learned enough of that to believe her plans are for the best which makes it difficult for her sometimes when people get hurt. She puts the blame on herself. This is again due to how she was raised. She knows the horrors of war well but hasn't actually experienced it.

There's so many things I can talk about with her so I'll try and limit myself.

First she is trying hard to help her sister because she knows one day her sister will be queen and she doesn't believe she can do it without her help. In all honestly she might think she'd be a better queen but she would never stand in the way of her sister in this regard. So instead she's intent to make her sister accept her advice.

Second she had never killed before the RP so killing affected her greatly. She will struggle to fight and will often stay in the sidelines. It's going to be interesting playing a non-combat character in an RP like this so I'm excited to find out how it works.

Third it's actually really hard to do tactics in RP because I need to not force people to do things but I need to make sure Penelope's tactical side isn't totally useless and unseen. Which is something that I have struggled with so far. I want her to do more but need to find out how to go about it.

Fourth is her relation with Gunther, my other character. At first I intended to let it be a possible pairing and created them with that in mind but I can see it easily falling into the "basically siblings" route.

Fire Emblem wise I find her a mixture of Robin from Awakening and Lute from Sacred Stones. Which was oddly not my intent at first.

Penelope is a character with a lot going for her but combat isn't one of them. She's intentionally bad at it and her only good quality, stat-wise, is being lucky and able to take magic attacks.

She's been a blast to write but also sometimes frustrating. In that her personality has several traits that are kind of hard to get across correctly. Like her reliance on book knowledge, her tactical brain, and her lack of understanding of personal experience.

But overall I am quite proud of my RP daughter and how she's done thus far. I look forward to much more in the future.

Oh and fun fact I decided she's voiced by Lux's voice actor after seeing a Lux voice clip.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

And now the second of that RP, who was mentioned briefly in Penelope's entry, time for....

The Royal Meat Shield

From Fire Emblem: Curse of the Goddess

Ahh this guy. I wasn't going to have a second character in this RP at first. But Sethera and I looked at the roster and realized basically no one could take a physical hit and, while we didn't want to optimize everything, we figured that might be a bit much to leave out.

So I went with a Knight who literally only had Defense and HP. He even wasn't strong. Only strong enough to carry his armor.

I didn't want a typical Knight. When writing Gunther I actually thought a lot about my own personality, especially from earlier in my YCM years. I have a serious fear of pain. In that sometimes I just lock up when I think about being hurt. So I added that to him for the interesting idea of that being why he wears so much armor. It's obviously not practical for someone who isn't very strong but it allows him to protect himself from harm...or so he thought. Eventually in real battle he learns quick that this doesn't actually work out so well.

I wanted him to be over the top kind to offset his cowardice. I was really fond of the idea of making someone cowardly but still noble. It would lead to struggled between wanting to do the right thing and wanting to avoid pain.

In order to better link him to Penelope personality wise I decided it made sense for him to be gullible. Which has led to a lot of fun interactions between my two characters.

And then there's the dislike of Goddess worshipers. I figured this would be one of his biggest flaws. I made this before I knew there would be a Pontic on the roster but it worked out quite nicely that the man nice to everyone is not as nice towards one in specific.

His bio is left somewhat vague but it explains everything nicely I thought. i wanted to do a few things with the bio.

-Explain why he hates Pontics

-Explain how he met the princesses

-Explain why he became a soldier

And I think I managed to do just that.

Gunther is sometimes tricky to write simply because he's so very gentle and out of the way that it can be tough to get him to actually interact. But I usually have fun when he does get to interact.

I am worried that the Pontic thing will overshadow everything else because it's only logical for it to crop up often with one right there. Especially one who is as devout as ours is.

I hope to show more of his cowardice soon. It's supposed to be an issue but I found it hard to actually include it often because I didn't want to screw everyone over but with more people coming into the group...well not more technically less but in any case I hope to be able to be more true to his nature.

Not to say he's gonna always run but he needs to be a bit more hesitant.

Overall he's neither one of my favorites nor least favorites which suits him just fine.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

Next up is a reboot RP where I DIDN'T use the same character as the original, exciting!

The Rebel Star

From HxH Reboot

Okay so maybe you'll remember that I had wanted a sniper kitty in the original but didn't because Yui also had a kitty? Well I leveled up in confidence by this point and decided "Screw it even if he does I will make one too." and so I did...Interestingly this time around there was another animal person too so that was amusing.

I wanted to have fun with this one. Something that was very much not how they appeared in the image. Partially because dang it's hard to find catboys that aren't...yeah.

I didn't want him to be a trap, though, because it just didn't feel right. So I made sure to make him not act trap-y at all and also modified the clothing to make him less feminine.

I went full edgy for this one and I enjoyed every second of making the character. Like this bio holy cow I can't believe it got let through like that but I'm glad because it's so hilariously edgy. Which I really wanted to try. Something edgy but written in a way that was more than that.

If I recall correctly I had worked out with Aix that it was someone else that actually killed the people in his village, that the government thing was a lie, but I can't entirely remember the specifics anymore oops. ^^;

I intended for him to discover this eventually and be really conflicted. I also wanted his grandfather to come in as an antagonist at some point.

I love snark. People have said that this kind of character is the best that I do which is good because I enjoy it SO much. I try to be very careful to have character that are snarky but self-aware because I find it really boring to see a character who is just bitchy and rude without something more solid behind it. Characters that have basically just a foul attitude and nothing interesting about them to make that attitude actually shine. Arrogance and snark done wrong is grating.

I wanted to be sure, though, not to fall into the trap of "Oh but they're actually a nice guy and it's an act." He was a jerk and overly confident and I wanted it to be clear that he actually was.

The fairness was a difficult thing to explain. I sort of thought that he would be the type that, given his race and size, would be really bothered by those thinking it made him weak and that he shouldn't be given a chance.

I did decide to give him a bit of a heart but only for the most pure and innocent of people of which, to him, might not actually exist. I intended to show that with Bree's character, who seemed the type, because Arash would be watching for any sign that they are tricking him with innocence.

When deciding the abilities I realized that the issue with snipers in RPs is they don't often get a chance to set up. So I gave him powers, barriers, that would be useful and also make it easier TO set up. But because I knew from my mistakes with Torben that wouldn't cut it alone I made him also good at close-combat and made it that he'd do that more often unless he got the chance to use his sniper.

It created something a lot more fun, easy to pull off, and still didn't ruin the idea of being a marksman.

Honestly Arash is one of my stronger characters overall which was fitting because evidently that's how it's supposed to be in HxH.

I wanted to give him the piano thing as both an act of rebellion and a way to not blatantly give him something to soften him up. It's not something that'd come into play a lot but it was always there. His mother played it and he wasn't allowed by his grandfather to learn it but did it anyway to spite him and be closer to his dead parents.

Arash was really fun and I am super happy with what I got to write of him. I am very much proud of the posts I did with Arash even if they never got as much....notice as some of my other characters. I don't know if I'd write him again but I wouldn't be opposed to it; his character is something I feel I can do a lot with.

Oh and for the name....I just felt Persian names fit him honestly. I'm not fully sure why it just...felt right. Arash, btw, means truthfulness and in Persian legends there's an archer named Arash so...yeah. ^^;

• Yui likes this

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

This one makes me sad not gonna lie...

The Innocent

From, Pokemon: The Band of the Braviary

I had one goal. Make a character who was useless but useful. One who would have a reason for being on a group but also was just weaker than everyone else.

So I decided to go with a breeder/alchemist.

The name might give you a tip but my goal with him was to become the "first Pokemon Professor". Which I forgot if there were any official professors in the RP but from what I could tell it was before that would be a thing.

It was difficult at first to make a character that was passive that would actually still have a purpose in the RP. Basically the idea was that he had someone who he looked up to (see Bio) that drove him to want to actually do things despite it being against his nature. I very much looked forward to seeing him struggle with this and, hopefully, eventually find a mid-ground that was more true to his own self.

I also really wanted to see if I could manage to solve issues with diplomacy in an RP for...once, lol. I've noticed many RPs diplomacy is super hard to do so I figured that I would at least attempt it. The best part of this, for Rupert, was that even if he failed it still would be fine for the character. Failure was something I expected when making the character. I knew his path wouldn't be one of a constant winner and I was totally okay with it.

The bio was really fun to make. His sister was a more "typical" character for me and it was fun to have her be a side-character instead. I definitely planned for the cause of her death to make itself known more later on in the RP which would pretty much be Rupert's ultimate struggle.

It was really interesting to write a history for someone like Rupert and it was exciting to create one where they didn't give up after a death of an important person. I see two things characters tend to do. Become really depressed or super motivated.

I wanted to go in the middle. He didn't fall apart but he also didn't get stronger in the typical sense. However it did give him more drive.

It was really fun to give explanations for his Pokemon. Given that in this people didn't really "catch" them.

This Bio is one of my favorites just because how everything fell into place so perfectly.

Lilith is my go to Mawile name and one of my personal favorite Pokemon. Alongside Princess the Rhyhorn, Constable the Stoutland, and Arthur the Venusaur. I wanted to give her some actual strong attacks because Lilith is literally the only strong thing about Rupert. It was gonna be fun to see the Pokemon be the one to take action more often.

Cinnamon. Sweet but can too much can leave you with an ill feeling. I intended Cinnamon to have strong moves but be limited in the sense that they weren't great with orders. They were going to be the "instigator" that forced Rupert to get involved in things when he normally wouldn't.

Alonzo was just meant to be a cute critter who showcased Rupert's breeding and love of Pokemon. Because despite how much of a hindrance this Lotad would be Rupert would defend him.

The themes are quite important honestly. The first is meant to invoke how much of a peace lover he was. And how legitimately pure Rupert is as a person.

The second is more for his sister. The title says it all. Rupert doubts himself all the time and believes he needs to be good enough for his sister's memory.

I....was really looking forward to playing Rupert. I got to a little bit and it was fun (especially befriending a fierce looking Pokemon who was with one of the other players) but...The RP died really fast and made me quite bitter about it. I am very disappointed I didn't get to show more of Rupert honestly. But, now he's got his place here, at least.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

Next up is another three characters in one RP. Today we dive into the apparently controversial Cherry Heart.

Tegur

From, Cherry Heart

Now this was fun. I had to eventually do a Minotaur, right? Like it's basically my destiny.
I wasn't going to join this RP but I came around and more/less thought "If I do it's gonna be something silly". Which I feel I needed to do more of honestly. And so I decided on the idea of a drunkard, but friendly, Minotaur.

The more I created him, however, the darker he became. It came out so naturally that I didn't want to stop it and in the end I feel he has a nice touch of dark, light, edge, and realism to him.

The name just came at random to me and it felt like something I could imagine a Minotaur having. That's quite literally the only reason that I gave him the name I did. It was simple, memorable, and fitting.

I really enjoyed finding that image honestly. His size was something I decided on because I thought a full blooded Minotaur would probably be a huge creature and perhaps a bit too strong for the kind of RP this was meant to be from the start.

His personality is at both incredibly simple and not. He's more/less the typical "Friendly drunk" type of person. But he is an older man and has seen many things so I figured it made sense to have him be somewhat wise and introspective. I wanted him to be a mixture of a silly and fun guy, someone who you could count on to give advice, and someone who had his dark moments.

Basically mostly things you wouldn't expect from a Minotaur. Thooooough I did figure it made sense that they would have a natural tendency to anger.

And then we get to the bio, and this is where things get serious...

My thinking was that clearly Tegur would want to make up his past. It's not the kind you go talking about. And he's a larger than life kind of guy so of course his made up story would have to be as well. Even I'm not sure if he thinks people would believe it or if he just makes it so outrageous that it distracts from the truth.

Before I delve too far into this I would like to say that Tegur's grandfather is, in fact, Archie from IFNH.

In any case. Kids often rebel against their parents, right? Well, if you're a race that has such a...reputation as Tegur's, and your parents are so very much NOT that, how else do you rebel besides going fully to the "dark side"? I felt there was something...just not quite right with Tegur from the start. His species are prone to madness and, while he was only partially Minotaur, it must have affected him in ways that his parents just couldn't see. Especially with them being away so often on quests.

The evil not being creative line, as a side-not, made me laugh...at myself yes I know.

I felt killing his parents was an important event that he had to go through. He was so far into the evil of his actions that even after doing so for a time he didn't think anything of it. He defeated a great good who had been troubling his people for years, right?

But Tegur is still only part Minotaur, and born to people who are free of the dark side of his race, I felt that there had to be something buried inside. Some good.

And so he fell to drink. At first I feel he was likely the typical angry and self-loathing drunk but somewhere along the line he realized that he was just causing more harm to those around him. So he buried this and became what he saw as a better person, outwardly.

He truly became kinder, gently, more helpful, but he could only see his past. He couldn't forgive the things he's done so he never faces it.

Cherry Heart was his one way, he felt, to maybe make up for his actions in any way. He didn't expect it would save him but he knew that he had to do something. He had to try.

His abilities, I feel, were really well balanced and fairly interesting. A ranged attacking Minotaur was something I felt was quite...different. He was strong, yes, though not quite as strong as those who had magic to buff their strength. And his flute magic was more of a throwaway, something that would only be circumstance based and just to add some history rather than power to Tegur.

Of course, looking at many other of the guildmembers that got accepted, I quickly realized Tegur was likely underpowered. But I was fine with that.

And yeah, that horse, I just...I saw it. And I had to.

Overall...I really love Tegur. He's so different from anything I've made in so many ways and it just...worked. He was a fun character to write, even if I never got to delve very deep into his darkness. Nor did I get to explore the mystery around his flute and how it got to him. Or the dark guild that he left and would no doubt love to kill him. Would've been nice to have gotten to play him more but such is life.

You'd expect that I would have jumped on the chance to play him again in the sequel but I had another whom I was even more excited about, who you'll see next.

Oh, and then there's Smash, who has Tegur in it. What's he doing there? How does he know the Arena's host? How has his character developed? Well, hopefully my players will find this out and more.

• Yui likes this

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

And here comes a rather different character from the previous. Despite being in the same RP

Kasayee

From, Cherry Heart

I saw the image and my first thought was "Dang she cute". But then right after I thought "This could be an interesting character?" Priorities.

Thankfully I managed to go beyond the image and come up with something that I feel was pretty cool.

First let's go with the obvious. Why make a character who doesn't have clothing that isn't pandering? Why not just use the image and give her clothing manually?

Well I thought it could be an interesting avenue to explore. Someone who didn't wear clothes, not because of sexual reasons, but just because they didn't feel there was a reason for it. I specifically decided to go the no clothes route because I knew it'd be assumed to be something else. But I wanted to be able to make a character that at first glance you'd assume is pandering but turns out isn't.

I think I did pretty good at that but I could definitely do better. Mainly in that I need to find a good way to make sure it's understood without forcing it into the spotlight.

Because Kasayee, at her core, is a Naomi-like character. My favorite to write honestly and one that I personally admire. She's lazy, yes, but that's just the surface. Go deeper and you find it's not just being lazy it's because she believes in not worrying about things. I really enjoy being able to write characters that are non-artificially chill (that is to say not a character who is only chill to spite non-chill people or just to get out of work). And Kasayee is very good for that.

With her I get to do a completely different mindset. Because she's NOT human and doesn't have the constraints of a "civilized" human type character. She is able to break the mold without seeming forced. It's so refreshing getting to look at things from her perspective.

The bio was super generic I know but what other kind of backstory would someone like her have? I felt good about it because it explained how she came to be without having to resort to a bunch of "big events". Though I do still need to have something more solid about those people who would be hunting her.

Her powers are so fun too. The transformations aren't too powerful but can be useful with just a hint of creativity. I get to come up with ways to be useful even with a power that focuses on less powerful things.

I could go on and on but that's basically it. She was created because I wanted to try something strange and she became one of my favorites because it's so fun to write someone with such a strange mindset.

I look forward to being able to show her unique wisdom more. As well as show her rather...unfortunate habit of leaving allies to deal with things themselves. That's gonna be interesting. Especially making sure to do it in a way that shows it's not vindictive and instead just her believing they should be able to handle it and if they can't it's on them.

Oh, and, as a note. Won't add the second CH version because it's basically the same thing.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

And the final Cherry Heart app, and the only villain I made an app for!

The Supreme Asshole

From, Cherry Heart

First a reminder that Gabriel was a secret villain. He wasn't meant to seem like one at first but be revealed. As such I had sent the hosts another app with additional information. I will get into those piece by piece.

Gabriel is actually a character from my stories, a half-angel who played the really long game of impregnating women to spread his seed and try and get them, through coercion or force, to join him so he can have an army of part-angels.

He is much much older than stated in the app.

Also that image. It's one of the most "typical, quick Google search" images and yet it just fits him so well.

I don't often do edgy-like characters but this was a great chance to do one that was memorable.

I amused myself with this app. Because basically I wanted to make the biggest asshole, a character who was so clearly not a good guy...yet because of the misdirection employed, the fact that villain apps are a thing and this was played off as a regular guild member, people thought he wasn't actually fully evil. Which is just what Gabriel would've wanted. That's basically the main thing I had in mind going into this personality.

It was so freaking fun to be able to play such a ridiculously not good person and have him be still underestimated. It was glorious. Though I would have liked to play more sides of him. For instance I had planned with Nai that he'd target Angela and try and basically brainwash her.

He also was meant to be a sort of Riku to Hakima character's Sora, on the surface, and attempt to sway him as well.

Gabriel's bio is truthful...to a point. One is that this took place many many years ago. The other is it doesn't actually say much about the father. Who, as mentioned before, is an angel, a fallen angel to be exact. Which is WHY his grandparents thought negatively of him. Not to mention that his mother left, with his younger sister, when he was an infant in order to find his father, who had left on a journey of redemption.

He's a messed up guy. Basically he was ostracized from birth but he took things to extreme. This coupled with possible insanity created the megalomaniac who actually had quite some bit of power to back it up.

I didn't want the bio to "explain away" his bad behavior but I did want to make it seem like he had good reason. Which he would have...if he didn't go to such extremes for it.

The sword...I wanted to have a cool mildly edgy look to it and it took some searching but I am super happy with this find. It actually has the ability to drain lifeforce, though that's not mentioned here, and Gabriel does indeed know what it does. He hunted for it in his long years because it was a powerful demonic artifact.

His chains, in reality, stretch much farther and he can summon dozens at a time. i really like chain-weapons and this was my chance to go ham with it. I was excited for eventually seeing people fight against this because it's both offense and defense at the same time.

And the fire...yeah, he has total control over it, unlike what the app says.

The themes were fun. The first captures his manipulation. The second his flirtation. And the third his vengeance.

It was a lot of fun to break out this character because playing jerks as long as you do it right can be a really entertaining experience. I just wish he had more time. I never got to do any actual villain things for him which makes me really sad. But, there's always my stories.

Also fun facts. There are multiple hints about Gabriel's true nature. Some of which include.

Last name: A Portuguese word that basically means contempt. Also Desdem. Des demon

Sword name: Literally the name of a demon

Third theme: "I don't want to be an angel; I just want to be God." While the god complex was stated it's fun to look at this and go "teehee it's literal in his case" since part angel who believes himself to be a god.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

Only have five left after this, which is exciting. Though since I have been thinking I don't particularly want to put NPCs and Story Characters I am unsure what I'll do next.

This one was interesting because I had two options and went with this one. The other actually became part of a different RP. The next entry actually. But for now....

Yandere Stalker

From Contractors: Acknowledgement Zer0

First as a reminder, the Bio was meant to be sent to Dad, and thus I don't actually have it written. It's fairly simple though so I will explain during this.

When I was trying to think of a good ability for an assassin, silence came to mind immediately. And the name "Mute" popped into my head. When I was thinking of traits I've used before I was listening to random music and had found the song that is her theme. Then I realized it might be fun to make a Yandere. One who, unlike some I won't mention, won't be sexualized. I wanted to play a Yandere in a way that made it clear it was not okay in the slightest. And having experience with Mary I was pretty good at crazy.

The name just sort of came to me. I thought "rich girl" and that's what came to me. I love it and I am sort of sad it's on a character who only ever goes by "Mute". But dems the breaks, eh?

When i found the image it was basically just a match made in heaven. It fit what I wanted perfectly and just...that look with that name works so well.

The school uniform thing I enjoyed because it makes sense that she'd do that for two reasons. One being likely some mental issues causing her to be a bit stuck in the past...and two, because it makes her look that much more harmless.

I wanted to make the least threatening seeming, in act and looks, character I could. I wanted even to make her powers seem a bit on the weak end. But underestimate her for a moment and you'll find a knife in your throat.

The bio that is missing can be summed up pretty easily.

>Rich girl who was in an all-girl school until her parents found out she was in a relationship with a girl there.

>Given a tutor to teach her things instead, a male, given she was in a relationship with a girl before.

>Ends up falling in love with him due to skewed thoughts on love.

>Turn out he's a contractor himself who was supposed to kill her parents.

>She helped him do so because of her insane idea of love.

>He goes to kill her to tie up loose ends.

>She gets lucky and winds up killing him instead.

>Develops an idea that if she can kill someone they must not really be "the one" so she has to keep searching, and killing, until she finds "The one"

I wanted to be sure that it was understood that Mute is actually truly a sweet person. And without the killing she'd be a good, charitable, lady. It was fun to play someone who was so calm, rational, polite...but also a truly disturbed killer. She honestly sees no problem with killing people and actually thinks that she's a good person entirely because killing doesn't mean bad but she does other kindnesses. So clearly she must be positive in the karma points right?

Her ability was so fun to work with. It can be used in so many ways. To sneak up on people, to distract them when they realize "Wait what's going on why can't I hear anything?", to silence an alarm, and to completely silently fire shots. It was fun to have shots just suddenly take someone out without any idea where it came from.

Her second ability is obvious in implementation but also mainly used for the object of her twisted affection.

And the third is honestly mostly there for fun interactions but it can help interrogations greatly as well.

It was so great having her become obsessed with Hollow's character. I was looking forward to her trying to murder him...and Ren's character....it'd been fun.

I had so much fun making this character and she might be one of my favorites...Yet I am the one who failed here. Unlike other RPs that died out this one I specifically had fault in. I have no idea why I just couldn't bring myself to post much here. I tried but at a certain point I felt like I was forcing myself. I feel terrible about it...for both Dorian and for Mute herself.

I will likely have to bring Mute back for something. She's too...interesting to write for me to not.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

And now for another where I have to work around a locked topic. Back to DB one last time for another non-Kira, and the character who would have been in Contractors if I hadn't went with Mute.

Boom, Bitch, Get Out the Way

From Demon Blood 2.0

This character is amusingly opposite of Mute in many ways. The first of which is the name thing. I actually forget her real name sometimes and like her code-name more; whereas I really liked Mute's real name and couldn't ever use it.

Basically I decided on Mute because I figured that DB I would be able to be a lot more hammy with the whole explosion thing than in Contractors.

This character came into being because I had that imaged saved for a future character for a while. And when I saw it. And heard the song that is her theme. It just clicked with me.

I wanted a confident and somewhat trollish character, similar to Morgan and Brianna, but one that wasn't...well, a total bitch. So that's the thought I had going into the personality. As I went I had in mind an older sister who tries really really hard to not worry about the life she has because if she did it'd be overwhelming. She's put into a position where she had a rough past, has a sibling to worry about, and needs to fight demons to survive. It's not something just anyone can do. I already had Kira, who only barely makes it through, Grigoriy who more or less powered through on willpower and force, so I went a different direction with Salvo. Someone who gets by with sheer moxie and reckless abandon.

It was really fun to see someone who was such a bundle of energy who also wasn't naive and/or super young.

Plus it allowed for all kinds of interactions I wouldn't be able to do with Kira.

The bio was a bit awkward to adjust from the Contractor one, but not as much as I thought. More or less instead of the priest being a regular human who she finished off no issue and got the interest of an assassin group, it was a demon who she struggled to finish off and got the interest of a demon hunter group.

I through in a ton of deep and heavy shit into this one and I worry it might be a bit over the top but it also...it just works for me. It shows a dark side of religion but, because she still loves God, shows that it's not the only part.

It gave her motivation to want to kill demons and fight for the DHG.

It forced her to mature fast to take care of her sister.

But it allowed room for her to develop her personality that came to be because she refused to give in.

Honestly I really love this bio. It might be a bit much but it just...works.

I wanted to do time powers that weren't completely busted. This was my attempt. I think I did pretty good honestly. It's not super game changing but it can allow for a lot of things. Lots of fun versatility. And it lets me use explosions without having them just have explosive powers which was cool.

The one thing though is I had to self-regulate a bit. For instance technically she could freeze a rock in front of a charging beast and the beast would tear itself apart as it hit the object that would not move.

And of course I had to give her a bit more than boom cause otherwise in many situations she'd be useless.

I had intended to have the sister appear throughout the RP in small bits and allow it to be a potential plot hook. Or a potential "I trust you enough meet my sister" moment.

Salvo was fun to play because devil may care attitudes are just entertaining for me to write. Plus her abilities were really amusing to see in action.

I had wanted to do a lot more with her. And there's a lot we didn't get to explore in the RP.

Her surprising friendship with Oculus, the leader and Yui's character.

Her former relationship with the leader of the enemy group. Which would have been really exciting and emotional. Might have led up to Salvo using that backpack bomb (Which Oculus had the other remote for) to try and take out the enemy leader.

And another thing I didn't get to touch on was how Salvo actually hates other people using her real name. It was the name given to her by her father and Salvo was the name she chose when joining this group. She felt her real name was reserved for special people. It would have been fun to see who ever got to call her Sofia.

Salvo was a great character for me and I am glad I made her...If only I could've succeeded in my attempt to keep this DB going forever. Alas.

• Yui likes this

8PBUpdp.gif

JellisOP

JellisOP

God of Darkness

• Advanced Members
  • 254 posts
    Last Visit May 25 2018 09:52 PM
How are you so great at making applications? This is just incredible. Occasionally I take a look see. Every time, I'm glad that I did.
7gNTIgW.jpg

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,764 posts

How are you so great at making applications? This is just incredible. Occasionally I take a look see. Every time, I'm glad that I did.

Honestly i don't know how to respond to this, thanks ^^;

All I really do is go down the list of parts of an app and...going, just figure out a basic idea of what I want and write. Sometimes starting with a backstory or personality trait or a power or whatever that I want to try out and just go with what feels natural from there.

I am bad at explaining things

8PBUpdp.gif

JellisOP

JellisOP

God of Darkness

• Advanced Members
  • 254 posts
    Last Visit May 25 2018 09:52 PM

Honestly i don't know how to respond to this, thanks ^^;

All I really do is go down the list of parts of an app and...going, just figure out a basic idea of what I want and write. Sometimes starting with a backstory or personality trait or a power or whatever that I want to try out and just go with what feels natural from there.

Thanks! :)
7gNTIgW.jpg

Chaos Sonic

Chaos Sonic

Official Typecast Shonen Protag of YCM

• Legendary Members
  • 19,353 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:08 PM

Seriously? xD

Have you seen my database? I ramble like hell!! xD You explain things perfectly fine, Cow!

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users