Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Cow's Character Castle

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

45 replies to this topic

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,194 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:01 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

And now for the third to last character here. Another from my own RP

Water Witch

From The Chosen

So I had decided that I would take the element that was last picked for this RP. And I had people interested in all the elements except Water so I figured I might as well make it.
Which is nice for me because Water is actually one of my two favorite elements.

So when I was figuring out what I'd use for the Chosen I went and found images for each of the elements. I saw this one and it just resonated with me. I like magic and witches in general and the image all together just looked great.

Looking at her she seemed a bit lazy, but she was also studying and such, so I figured she was less lazy and more languid. Which fits for water.

She seemed to be living on her own despite being young, and had a pet cat.

And this made me think about why that would be the case. The bio actually came before anything else. And I wanted to do it in segments, each with a quote.

The first was all about the unfortunate circumstances of her birth. I wanted someone who would have parents that weren't there for good reason. One was dead and, well, as bad as it is it makes sense someone might not quite be attached to a baby made through something so terrible.

I wanted Keres to have started out full of hope and happiness and see how it could turn into someone much more solemn and silent. It showed how adults and their ideas can taint innocence. The children accepted Keres at first until they grew older and realized that the adults disliked her for her seeming witch-origin.

It was really interesting to get to see a change of character throughout the bio. I admit I went a little ham with this bio. I couldn't help it. Keres's history just sprung into my head all at once and I just had to write out the entire thing in what was basically a short story format....This was my favorite bio to write honestly.

And really her personality could have been described in her bio. I wanted to make a more silent character but didn't want it to be purely "She doesn't talk much". She's actually a very emotional person but due to isolation has no idea how to express it. I really loved this concept and was so excited to have the idea.

Her powers are really simple honestly but they are exciting. Whip weapons are wonderful and illusions can be fun, though haven't been able to use it much so far.

Honestly I just worry that I am not giving Keres justice. She doesn't get a chance to really do much because her stuff is mixed with host duties. I will try harder to show more of her. Though I will admit she's a hard character to actually write in this format.

In any case I really hope Keres doesn't die because I want to bring out more and more of her.

She has many chances to interact and grow with each of the characters left all in different ways and that is so exciting.

• Yui likes this

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,194 posts

Here we go we're in the end stretch. Two more characters, from the same RP, and then all the PCs will be catalogued here.

First, the character that got into the RP

Just A Regular Girl

From Golden Gate Empire: Dreams of Grandeur

Yes. It's first person. I wanted to try it since I never did that before and it was...interesting. I think it worked overall though there are some awkward moments, especially the powers and abilities stuff.

Also just noticed one of the themes videos was copyrighted lol

When Dad said I'd have to make a new character for this remake and not use Morgan again I went through my small image folder for character ideas. I honed in on the one for Bethany. When I first saw the image I got the idea of a gang leader with a conscious but as I came up with the character for GGE it went a different direction. I wanted something I hadn't tried before and that's someone who is pretty normal. Sounds strange but it proved to be a bit tricky to make someone interesting who was someone you could imagine seeing just out on the street.

Something about her expression drew me in so I went about figuring out what makes her sad. And I also had to figure out what kind of abilities she'd have that'd make her able to fight in a tournament like this.

I decided on magic because I figured there wouldn't be many mage-characters since there wasn't last time.

It all fell into place then. Being raised to try and control the powers. Having complications along the way. A life full of mishaps that ultimately led to being on the streets.

I didn't want her life to be entirely doom and gloom but I will say it got pretty dark there. I can't even explain why it happened it just felt natural that all this occurred in her life. But I didn't want it to entirely define her. She didn't just wallow in pity she went out and did something to help others in her circumstance.

It was really nice to make a character who was taking care of kids. It's something I don't have experience in so figuring out how it would affect someone was fun.

I intend on her being very focused on helping those kids at any cost. She doesn't want to hurt people, and in fact managed to get this far without killing, but it's interesting to see if she could be pushed to going that far to help the kids.

Ice powers may not be the most original power, especially for the "I'm a monster" angle of magic-using, but I am having fun coming up with odd ways of using the power.

She's a fun character because she's genuinely funny and kind but truly believes she isn't. She lacks confidence in the extreme but people on the outside can't really tell because she has a natural charisma that covers it up without her even trying.

It's also fun to note that she does have control of her powers but just doesn't think she does. This is due to several factors, some of which will be revealed in the RP eventually. Suffice to say not all is as it seems with Bethany.

I enjoy writing Bethany. A simple, good, person who doesn't think they're good. It's exciting to see how she will develop through this rather unusual circumstance.

And it's also hilarious how normal she is compared to everyone else.

The best part is coming up with replacement words for swears. ;)

And to end this second to last character; a theme song I found later that fits her perfectly.

• Yui likes this

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,194 posts

This is it. The final character. One who didn't actually get to make it to an RP. I was tempted to fix up some issues but I'll leave it as is and explain it better below.

He Who Should Not Exist

From Golden Gate Empire: Dreams of Grandeur

I had finished Bethany and was waiting on everyone else. So in the meantime I decided "Let's make something different." Because I liked the idea of someone from the past being in this and I had the free time.

It was difficult to find an image for a not-super-young-but-not-old knight so I actually ended up cropping an image of Lord Soth's human form (from Dragonlance) and while I don't like to use actual character images much it just fit in a way that nothing else did.

One reason I wrote out as much as I did for appearance honestly.

I wrote the Bio first because it was very important to get that known before anything else, given how strange his circumstances is. Basically he was to be a noble who was devoted to his king. I didn't do the best job at explaining exactly what happened but essentially he found his king sacrificing his (Rutger's) own knights in order to use dark magic to defeat their foes. Which is something Rutger couldn't stand for. He attacked the dark mage but because of this interrupted the spell and caused it to be unleashed upon him. This "Killed" him and the king dumped his body and hid it away in an attempt to keep Rutger's knights on his side, which didn't work, and Rutger was left in suspended animation until he was found by Sergei. Basically I wanted a character that would be indebted but unwilling to fight for Sergei because I thought it could be a fun angle and something that none of the other fighters would have.

I wanted to make him a stereotypical noble knight...mostly because that wasn't something that I actually get to write very often. However I didn't want that to be all there was. Or, rather, it didn't make sense for it to be all. He went through some crazy things and he had dark magic flowing inside of him. This dark magic turned the anger and bitterness he felt towards his king towards himself and causes him to lash out during battle.

I thought it interesting to think that, to a modern person, the idea of a knight fighting and killing for a cause may be considered wrong. That war was not an honorable thing. I was looking forward to seeing him struggle with trying to keep his code while living somewhere that thought his code was outdated.

It was going to be a painful journey for him. The world he lives in now seems corrupt yet he can now see all the mistakes he made much more clearly. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't issue where he would have to deal with adapting and deal with his own failings.

All the while he'd be forced to fight. The only thing that he has left of his old world and the only thing that he doesn't truly want to do.

His powers were simple but fun. I wanted to use weapons other than a sword and came up with, imo. And having a shield, as I've learned from Skaia, is a huge boon to a character. Another fun thing is I intended his sword to act sort of like Fate/Stay Night's Excalibur. A powerful blast of energy. Which he would only unleash once he reaches a certain point of character growth, and likely only in the very very very endgame.

...And I couldn't resist the Knight's Tale reference.

While I prefered to use Bethany I can't say I didn't get excited at the idea of playing Rutger. He was very different from many characters in the RP and that I've done and it'd been fun to see how he dealt with things but I also am not upset that Bethany got in instead.

Maybe I'll find a place for Rutger eventually.

And...that's all folks! All my RP characters are now in the Database. Not sure what I'll do with it from here on out but for now it's done.

......Except one more thing.

I will be making this a Poll very shortly. To see what people think their favorite of my characters is. You don't need to read them all to vote. You can vote based on only who you've seen in action. However I do ask you not vote unless you actually have read some of them and/or been in RPs with some of them.

It'll be up in a few minutes so look for that.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,194 posts

Oh hey, I have a couple more characters to add to this, yay!

Salmon Girl

From Yu-Gi-Oh! Trivial Wars

So. Those who know me, and some who don't, know I don't really know YGO much at all. So what got me to join this RP? Well first of all I thought the premise looked like something easy to get into. As in it allowed for characters who weren't really good at the game. Which was perfect because it'd be easier for me to play someone like that.

The other is I just love Terrorking Salmon and as I was looking for character images and ideas I came across that and realized it was a chance I had to take.

The name is basically a joke...like most of the character honestly. The RP seemed more of a silly one so I figured I'd go with a silly character. Which is something I wasn't able to do enough of honestly. Hana is because it's a weeb-ish enough but not overly so name and Monroe...Roe. Salmon roe. Yeah.

I decided she'd be Kestorian, the more "America" country, because it made more sense for weeb-y parents to live there.

I wanted her to be just a bit overweight. She is technically military so it wouldn't be too much but I felt it more realistic that the food lover would have some weight to her. Honestly this image was just too good to not use, as said before it's a big part of why I decided to join.

I wanted to make her a fairly simple, happy-go-lucky type. Someone who wouldn't mind losing and who would be thrilled to just explore every bit of wherever she winds up. I found this would be really fun and make it easy for her to interact no matter what was happening. I didn't want something deep or dark, sometimes I feel there's too much of that in RP, and Hana was to be my sorta...outlet for this.

But then I wanted something more. Something so she wouldn't be TOO generic. And I was hungry when writing it. So I realized that making her one of those angry hungry people just seemed to fit. I wanted this to be a rare thing but something that could spur some action when needed.

Her bio I am unsure how to feel about. It fits but I found it a bit difficult to explain the leaving home situation. I didn't want it to be too sad but I felt it had to be something that was big enough to make sense why she would leave her parent's house. I tried to negate the sadness by reminding people her parents were filled with wanderlust and she was an airhead but I'm unsure if it really works.

I spent too much time on the deck. But it was really fun. I wanted all Fish. I know there's several ways to make Fish strong but I just wanted to make it simple and fitting. She isn't going to have too many combos. More/less I wanted to make something that could do some damage if used right but was almost akin to a starter deck.

Clearly I'm a master card creator.

I heard the song that is her theme at work, actually. Well I heard it before but work reminded me. And it was so fitting...and I couldn't help but go over the top for the hungry theme.

I adore this character. They didn't get to do much and sometimes I felt she was TOO air-headed but she was fun to write and definitely a pick-me-up. Sadly the RP sorta...died off pretty fast. I dunno if I'd try another YGO RP but if I did I most likely would reuse Hana. Perhaps with a more fitting Bio, though.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,194 posts

Another that in part was due to the image...

Rona, the Indomitable Wyvern Rider

So. Rona. One of the types of characters I wanted to try was one that was just...broken. But I didn't want to make one who that was their only trait. But I had to figure out something that actually made sense to add. And thus I realized that a big part of depression and such is that you don't really try and let people know about it most of the time. So she overcompensates. It is honestly really interesting to write this character and I am excited to see how people react to them.

As long as they don't try and fix her too soon or too aggressively because then she'll just completely break....

Anyway, the name was based on Scandinavian and Norse names, because her home is partially based on those. I really liked the image and always wanted to use it. Honestly I thought of a different character for it but I felt this was a good chance for it. It just fits the class she's intended to go into which is a wyvern riding character with axes and dark magic.

I decided to go hard on the bio, and just made her father the typical warrior father taken up to 11 on the asshole scale. She had a really bad life. Abused and crushed entirely and worse she was around other siblings who thought it was perfectly fine that this was happening. She never really had a good time in her life and the closest to it was when she was rescued by the leader of a mercenary company and spent time with them. Though she doesn't realize that quite yet.

It's going to be interesting to see how she develops and I am excited for when she eventually, and very slowly, grows more confidence and gains some self-worth.

I really like the idea of a clearly physical leaning class with better magic than strength. She was truly meant to be a mage but was forced out of it, which is part of why she feels useless. She's simply in the wrong class. Eventually when she gains magic attacks she'll go from average to really strong and that'll be an exciting shift.

Overall what I've done with Rona so far I've enjoyed (even if sometimes it is a bit tough to do) and I am always looking forward to what she'll do next.

8PBUpdp.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,194 posts

And the last one for now, a remake of Mary from Undertakers. Much of it is the same but there's a few key differences.

Edit: Realized it made more sense to put it with the post with the other Mary, check the OP for the link to the post ;)

But that's all...again, for now, who knows when the next one will appear...

8PBUpdp.gif

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users