[CC Starter Deck Project] Scavenging Automaton Ω

Caláin

Hello!

Here comes my first contribution for Sleepy's Custom Card Starter Deck Project. It is a machine-type FIRE monster.

[spoiler=card]

000-scavenging_automaton_omega.jpg

Lore: Whenever a Spell Card is activated: Increase this card's ATK by 400.

Note: It is FIRE, so one could use it as material for Emissary of War.

Best regards, Caláin

[spoiler=errata log]

16/12/09: Changed original ATK from 600 to 1400

I think a better way to write it is" after a spell card effect resolves, increase this cards ATK by 400". Otherwise, you did a good job of making a balanced card.

Just a reminder that while wording fixes are permitted, you also need to explain a bit more about why you think it's fine. 

---

In the context of the starter project, it should be fine, considering it'll take a while to get up to a high enough stat. Most you'd have to deal with outside of the project is probably Exodia turbo or something (spam draw cards), but they have no business with this card anyway. 

I suggest maybe bump up its original ATK to around 1200 or 1400, so that after the second Spell it gets past the regular cheap beaters. It can still be taken down but permanent and progressive boost is a very solid idea too, it just starts up a little low so it demands at least 3 spells to get on the Level of the cheap beaters.

1400 sounds like the better choice.

It makes it a solid 1800 ATK vanilla after 1 spell and can just grow from there. It also auto-balances itself by not gaining DEF.

It's simple but it can really work. Even more so when we have Pendulums in the game and it's easy to gain more bonuses from it.

It could have decks made around it.

Chart (Spells/Current version/suggestion):
0 Spells / 600 ATK / 1400 ATK

1 Spell / 1000 ATK / 1800 ATK

2 Spells / 1400 ATK / 2200 ATK

3 Spells / 1800 ATK / 2600 ATK

4 Spells / 2200 ATK / 3000 ATK

^That's about the average I think will get to. Including the chance for opponent's Spells.

I suggest maybe bump up its original ATK to around 1200 or 1400, so that after the second Spell it gets past the regular cheap beaters. It can still be taken down but permanent and progressive boost is a very solid idea too, it just starts up a little low so it demands at least 3 spells to get on the Level of the cheap beaters.

1400 sounds like the better choice.

It makes it a solid 1800 ATK vanilla after 1 spell and can just grow from there. It also auto-balances itself by not gaining DEF.

It's simple but it can really work. Even more so when we have Pendulums in the game and it's easy to gain more bonuses from it.

It could have decks made around it.

Chart (Spells/Current version/suggestion):

0 Spells / 600 ATK / 1400 ATK

1 Spell / 1000 ATK / 1800 ATK

2 Spells / 1400 ATK / 2200 ATK

3 Spells / 1800 ATK / 2600 ATK

4 Spells / 2200 ATK / 3000 ATK

^That's about the average I think will get to. Including the chance for opponent's Spells.

Yeah, I will propably make the original ATK higher. But should I make it level 4 then?

I think a better way to write it is" after a spell card effect resolves, increase this cards ATK by 400". Otherwise, you did a good job of making a balanced card.

I actually thought of something like that, but I guessed that then e.g. if one plays a continuous spell that activates multiple times, the boost would be gained multiple times, too, or am I mistaken?

Yeah, I will propably make the original ATK higher. But should I make it level 4 then?

I actually thought of something like that, but I guessed that then e.g. if one plays a continuous spell that activates multiple times, the boost would be gained multiple times, too, or am I mistaken?

No need to do that unless you want to.

If you look at cards from the real life game,

Jerry Beans is a Level 3 with 1750 ATK,

Injection Fairy Lily is a Level 3 with 400 but that can become 3400 ATK out of the blue,

and our good old Giaku-Gire Panda which is Level 3 with 800, but it gains 500 x each opponent monster and is a piercer (for up to 3300 ATK).

So I think the Level is fine~

Archived