x1 Castel

x2 Daigusto Emeral

x1 ZB Wildbow

x1 ZB Tigress

x1 ZB Bullhorn

x2 ZB Drancia

x1 Invoker

x1 Totem Bird

This Zodiac Beast obsession can never cease.

So this is my take on one of the most popular variants of Zodiacs aside from Metalfoes, where it specializes in dealing out huge combos and netting a ton of draw power within one turn. Granted it has a supreme weakness to Maxx "C" and losing the dice and eventual hand traps, it still is very viable due to being able to spawn Elysion, Drancia, and potential Totem Bird, Merkabah/Raideen, or backrow during the End Phase with an Aleister in hand. If you are not familiar with this variant, it is basically using your normal ZB combo, and then utilizing your Fusions to make Magallancia/Raideen (from Emeral) and then go into Elysion with Substitute (Sheep search from Bullhorn). Add on top a lot of consistency and startup from Brilliant Fusion and you have a another super spammy, time-consuming combo build. Only issue thus far has been the Extra Deck just being too packed.

I'm familiar with this deck. I have been working on a variant with Rafflesia over the Sheep/Poly and Elysion follow-up plays, but yours looks really good.

I really suggest to give a try to Instant Fusion over ROTA and a Thrasher, then put Caligula and Durendal in the Extra Deck:
IF -> Caligula sort of doubles as a Thrasher, and if you open Brilliant Fusion + IF, you can finish the turn with a Durendal for extra opression.
Of course, the problem will be making space for those 2 in the Extra deck. You could further stick a Norden there, but I guess it becomes an overkill at that point.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that a 2nd Bullhorn can be profitable, too. I have seen that play that Xyz Summons Bullhorn normally with 2 Level4s, and in the Molmorat "ladder" the 2nd Bullhorn is Summoned to get a search.

I'm familiar with this deck. I have been working on a variant with Rafflesia over the Sheep/Poly and Elysion follow-up plays, but yours looks really good.

I really suggest to give a try to Instant Fusion over ROTA and a Thrasher, then put Caligula and Durendal in the Extra Deck:

IF -> Caligula sort of doubles as a Thrasher, and if you open Brilliant Fusion + IF, you can finish the turn with a Durendal for extra opression.

Of course, the problem will be making space for those 2 in the Extra deck. You could further stick a Norden there, but I guess it becomes an overkill at that point.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that a 2nd Bullhorn can be profitable, too. I have seen that play that Xyz Summons Bullhorn normally with 2 Level4s, and in the Molmorat "ladder" the 2nd Bullhorn is Summoned to get a search.

RotA is important for searching Thrasher for the kickstart Bullhorn and Merkabah material. He might not be as fluid as Caligula but I didn't find myself in spots where Caligula would help or would be nice in extending combos. IF is neat but Norden seems a bit excessive and it might be a bit more economical if I not put him in. But Durendal is a decent suggestion if I use Seraphi and Raideen so I'll try that. And to account for only 1 Bullhorn I run 2 Emerals for that matter. Either I summon 1 off my Zodiac combo or I overlay 2 for it. Worst comes to worst, lategame I'll have an Emeral to cycle it.

That makes sense. I would further insist with Caligula by highlighting how it can make use of a dead Sheep or allowing you to banish an opponent's DARK from its grave through Summoning Magic while providing you a strong lock that also doubles as Rank4 fodder, but I guess it's true that it is not as vital for the build.

I want to know how Pot of Desires has worked for you. After looking at your build I decided to give it a try in the Rafflesia variant, and it has been like a double-edged sword:

sometimes it puts me farther ahead with the card draws after I'm done with the Molmorat ladder & other plays; but other times I draw it when I cannot start with the Molmorat ladder, and thus I resort to play it hoping to draw into something to kisckstart, but it banishes key cards in the process, like Molmorat copies, Trap Holes and Eidolon cards. Then again, I suppose it is not as desirable in this variant because of Raflessia, but still, it ought to banish some key cards in your deck every now and then.

If it has not been as convenient, I was thinking you could replace them with the Instant Fusions just so you have more pieces for the Bullhorn kickstart, or alternatively Twin Twisters assuming they are still effective in the current formats.

Archived