CzL6XgiUUAAqAeP.jpg

SD31-JP038  Extra Buck

Continuous Trap Card

Each time a card(s) is added to your Extra Deck, place 1 Spell Counter on this card (max. 3). You can send this card with 3 Spell Counters to the Graveyard; draw 2 cards.

Not entirely sure, but would a pendulum being destroyed and going to the extra count as "adding" because in that case p-wiz alone =2/3 of this card's goals

Not entirely sure, but would a pendulum being destroyed and going to the extra count as "adding" because in that case p-wiz alone =2/3 of this card's goals

That's exactly what it means, yes

However Pend Sorc would prob fall victim to the "(s)" portion of the text and only count for 1 counter.

For similar reasons to Kickfire, despite having a much better effect, card is pretty poor.

That's exactly what it means, yes

However Pend Sorc would prob fall victim to the "(s)" portion of the text and only count for 1 counter.

For similar reasons to Kickfire, despite having a much better effect, card is pretty poor.

Right! There's still a lot of options however

Wisdom, PWiz, Sky Iris, Wavering Eyes, the new Magicians, Odd-Eyes

It's slow is the problem. 

I tried maining it at 3 in the first version of Metalfoes I made when they first got to TCG. Because who needs to check decklists to give me an idea, when I can make things the hard way, am I right? xD

It sounds pretty good, but from my personal experience with it:
A ) I rarely got to draw it, and when I did draw it, it didn't help me right away so it felt more like a dead draw. It would have helped greatly if it was a Spell Card.

B ) If I ever had it go off, it felt more like an overkill draw. I was never really in a better situation by using it than I'd be if I had drawn mostly anything else instead.

C ) The card sounds like it has potential, I mean it runs on Spell Counters. One of the most generic kinds of Counters out there. That should count for something at least on the casual spectrum.

For the intents and purposes of my sample, the game is a bit too fast for it but it isn't outright trash. I had better luck with something like Supply Unit, and even Supply Unit sometimes felt like it'd contribute to clogging the field a bit and only get a couple draws within the entire game (even when popping my own cards was an integral part of my strategy). 

Maybe Supply Unit is more useful in the Yang-Zing variant than what I used so there's that too.... this is already off-topic.

extra buck's not too bad, it's just that it doesn't have the speed to really make itself shine, but then again, this is one of those cards that'd be either banned or limited if it were a spell card. imagine one or two of this on T1 with metalfoes or ignights.. dumb powerful.

as it is though, its best use is actuall outside of pendulum decks, if you run spellbooks with citadel and some additional draw power on the side, i'm pretty sure you can make an extra buck or two every turn flipping these. the question then becomes what deck could do that?

also, still waiting on a card that let's me move spell counters at will from one card to another, because that's when cards like this'll really see their power creep.

extra buck's not too bad, it's just that it doesn't have the speed to really make itself shine, but then again, this is one of those cards that'd be either banned or limited if it were a spell card. imagine one or two of this on T1 with metalfoes or ignights.. dumb powerful.

as it is though, its best use is actuall outside of pendulum decks, if you run spellbooks with citadel and some additional draw power on the side, i'm pretty sure you can make an extra buck or two every turn flipping these. the question then becomes what deck could do that?

also, still waiting on a card that let's me move spell counters at will from one card to another, because that's when cards like this'll really see their power creep.

It's noteworthy for future reference that it uses Spell Counters, but the card doesn't actually flow very well currently.

Citadel can only loan you its Spell Counters if the effect being activated has to remove Spell Counters to work. This card gets outright sent to the Graveyard with the Spell Counters still on it so it doesn't apply. There's also an old Continuous Spell Card that actually draws you 4 cards iirc, but it's the same issue.

Pitch Black Power Stone is probably the best filler outside of Metalfoes/Dracoslayers/Igknights, but that'd mean you are actually investing a second card into triggering this one and so making it no longer a +1. It has issues.... Has potential but also issues.

It's noteworthy for future reference that it uses Spell Counters, but the card doesn't actually flow very well currently.

Citadel can only loan you its Spell Counters if the effect being activated has to remove Spell Counters to work. This card gets outright sent to the Graveyard with the Spell Counters still on it so it doesn't apply. There's also an old Continuous Spell Card that actually draws you 4 cards iirc, but it's the same issue.

Pitch Black Power Stone is probably the best filler outside of Metalfoes/Dracoslayers/Igknights, but that'd mean you are actually investing a second card into triggering this one and so making it no longer a +1. It has issues.... Has potential but also issues.

damn, thought citadel would work with it, ah well, ignights and metalfoes can still stack it pretty fast. the problem remains though, it's a trap card, and that means it's slow by design... so it just won't be worth working into any deck that doesn't already generate insane advantage.

Archived