The Seven Deadly Sins: Prophecy [IC Thread]

Admiral_Stalfos19

VJWwvCz.png

Under the covers of darkness, Megoshi Sagara watched from a distance as the citizens of a small town known as Ghostreach go about their lives. That was all she ever did, day in, and day out, and it was very much the same with the city of Britannia before her incident had gotten her into trouble. This night, however, things have taken a different path than usual.  A trio of Holy Knights and several of their apprentices had come to the quaint town of Ghostreach, and they'd ordered a fullscale evacuation of all the citizens of Ghostreach, in which they would ultimately be herded towards the confines of Britannia's walls. Of course, some of the civilians would question why they were to abandon their homes and belongings, but they would go along with the knights' request nonetheless... for the most part.

Now that the town was empty, two of the Holy Knights seemed to be discussing the real plan that they had going on, though Megoshi was unable to make out anything as she was too far away to be within earshot. She noticed that neither of the two had prepared for the arrival of a certain red-eyed, dark-skinned woman, however, with one of the two outright panicking and fleeing the scene entirely whilst the other took this stranger on in combat. The fight was long and drawn out, but ultimately it hadn't gone the Holy Knight's way at all, and he wound up dying to the hands of the prophet that had descended from the mountains. However, the prophet would face yet another Holy Knight; a behemoth of man standing at 264cm (8' 8") in height and clad in diamond white armor, with a heavy lance and a shield in tow. Alongside him were two hooded persons of opposing gender, brandishing two daggers apiece and wielding sinister grins. With a shove towards her direction, the two zealots gleefully charged at the prophet and slashed wildly in all directions. Tired of seeing any more blood being spilled, Megoshi finally made her notion to intercept the battle at hand. She didn't care that the prophet would have an upper hand despite the underhanded plays being made; she needed this senseless violence stopped right then and there. It was a good thing Megoshi thought to go over right when the fight had started, because she would find the prophet  transitioning in and out of consciousness, having succumbed to her wounds from the previous fight.

"Finally, took that jabroni long enough to start dying," Megoshi would hear one of the zealots scoff, "Now we know how Tibald went down,"

"Well, don't just stand there, let's finish her off already!" the more feminine voice barked.

"The queen ordered us to bring her in alive, genious!" the male retorted, completely unaware that Megoshi could hear that or that she was coming to begin with.

"Will you two cease your mindless squabbling? Getting this far was a travesty as it is. The last thing we need is any more complications of the slightest kind," the Holy Knight that commanded the two zealots stated flatly, also having not heeded Megoshi's arrival just yet, "We're done here anyway; load her up into the wagon and..."

The knight was about to make his order, before noticing a looming shadow from the moonlight in only that instant, indicating the approach of the giantess overhead.

"Defend yourselves!" unfortunately for them, neither of the two apprentices had any hope of reacting to the sudden warning from their Holy Knight master in time, before Megoshi reached down and held the both of them in between her thumb and index finger. She tried to be delicate like she always had, but even then, she'd applied more than enough force to press the two zealots' bodies together and hold them in place. No amount of squirming would allow the zealots to escape Megoshi's grasp.

"Hey(!), the hell's the meaning of this?!" the female asked Megoshi in a hostile manner, "LET US GO!! RIGHT... NOOOOOOOOOOOW!!"

Not intimidated in the slightest, Megoshi gave the pair a cold, blank stare, before saying her piece.

"You two need to leave," with that, Megoshi simply flicked the zealots away into the mountain range, in which they would never be seen alive again. The knight could only watch in awe and horror as his apprentices were sent soaring into the far yonder but, after a gulp, he steeled himself to engage the giantess in from of him.

"You may have dealt with those simpletons I happen to call apprentices," he said bravely, "But I, Serlon the Relentless, shall not be bested so easily. I challange thee!"

However, Serlon would be ignored, as Megoshi bent down to collect the prophet and hold her in her hands. Angered by the lack of notice, Serlon empowered his lance in arcane magic, and hurled it at Megoshi with all his might while her back was turned, only for it to bounce off of her uselessly due to the angle in whence it had struck her.

It was just enough to get Megoshi's attention however.

"That wasn't very nice," she said simply, as she resumed her original actions, but turned towards Serlon in the end and raised a foot backwards. Seeing what was coming, Serlon had channeled arcane magic into his shield, the idea being that the kick that Megoshi was about to perform would hurt her more than him. But it was fruitless in practice; Megoshi's kicking foot had painlessly absorbed all the arcane magic that it had ever made contact with, and Serlon was sent flying back a couple hundred meters away. Now that the attackers were out of the picture, Megoshi returned her attention to the prophet, using the magical residue absorbed from contacting Serlon's shield to heal her wounds with a Heavenly Kiss.  That was the point of time in which Megoshi truly got to know the prophet as a whole.

'Anastasia Violet, eh? I'll have to remember that name...' Megoshi reminisced her encounter with the prophet as she bathed in the waters of Yll Lake, watching the starry night above. She had also been thinking about what Anastasia had said as well; something about a prophecy in which the Seven Deadly Sins would once again band together and potentially save the world as they knew it. Last time they met, three years ago, all seven were staving off a Grey Demon that had threatened to kill everyone, as the climax to what would be an epic adventure. By the sounds of it, they were needed once again, and that meant Megoshi and Anastasia would have to find six different people. Megoshi wanted to wait until the morning, insisting that daylight would give them an easier time locating them than the night sky would.

However, the real reason was that Megoshi merely wanted some peace and quiet, after all the violence and bloodshed that she bore witness to that night. She believed she could use some shut-eye as well, but that was always what she believed; she could say exactly the same thing in broad daylight. In any case, she let out a heavy yawn as she got herself comfortable and her head lulled to one side, before finally closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep. Who knew what tomorrow would bring?

6tdiGrs.png

Fearing the worst, Spectra Nightshade returned to the abandoned town of Ghostreach, just as the fighting drew to a close. She was supposed to stay, and she was supposed to hold the line until the very end, but she fled in a state of panic over one thing not going to plan, and she would soon find out that she paid the price for it. Darting over from house to house, looking behind herself every so often to ensure she wasn't followed, Spectra eventually managed to fly her way back to the area where it all went down... only to find a certain fallen ally. It was a good thing Ghostreach was evacuated earlier, since the corpse could be found in the street where anyone would otherwise discover.

"T-... Tibald?" Spectra's eyes were wide in horror as she said this, and all the color drained from her skin, "No... this can't... this can't be right, I..."

Eventually, the little fairy burst into tears, burying her head over the corpse's chest area and crying out in nonsensical anguish, but as she looked up inadvertently, she saw a reflection of herself over at one of the windows... and was none too happy with the person staring back at her.

"How could you?" Spectra said in a cold tone, lifting her head and staring the reflecting down intently, and approaching it slowly, "You had one job, Spectra! One... FFFFREAKING JOB!! And you think to abandon it out of a lousy panic attack? Right when you needed to perform the most on top of that?! Now look where it's gotten you... Tibald's dead because of you. The mission has failed because of you. We've taken casualties in vain... all(!)... because(!)... of you!"

Sinking her head in shame and burying it in her hands again, Spectra wailed once more as tears streamed down her face. This continued for several mintues, before she looked over her shoulder, wondering what she should do about the corpse that lay on the ground before her.

'I should bury him before anyone notices we're here,' she decided, 'But from that point on... no more running.'

With that, Spectra heaved Tibald's corpse out of the street were it originally lay, and dragged it all the way out into the cemetry so she could dig a hole for it. She'd have to mark the grave with a headstone or something in the morning, but right now she needed to leave.

SQi13oV.png

Dawn had arrived as it inevitably would, and Queen Nina Aphion, in her regal dress, crown and scepter, stood in the foyer of her castle and looked out towards the simple civilians on the outside, as they went about their routine activities within the kingdom that she'd been deemed to rule. The time had come for her to deliver what, with her way of fabricating words, would be grim news for the civilians whose lives she had wrapped around her fingers. Queen Nina brought her scepter in front of her, and channeled magic that would allow her voice to be amplified in a large enough state that the whole city would hear her.

"Ladies and gentlemen of Britannia, if I may have your attention please," Queen Nina called to the populace, giving long enough pause only for everyone to stop what they were doing, as they systematically tended to whenever she spoke, "I'd like to start by addressing those of you who have come to us from the confines of Ghostreach. You have my apologies for... persuading you to abandon your homes, but our trusted Holy Knights have recieved reports that the Seven Deadly Sins would resurface there of all places, and as such, a large-scale evacutation of the town was in order so that we could ensure your safety. It pains me to be the bearer of grim news but, unfortunately, those reports have turned out to be true. The Seven Deadly Sins have in fact been visually sighted in the outskirts of Ghostreach..."

Queen Nina could only watch as the crowd that had gathered reacted in somewhat of a hysterical manner. She wasn't surprised to see that that was the case; after all, with Queen Nina herself having approved of warrants that had been out for their individual arrests, it was only natural that the Seven Deadly Sins would be infamous among the kingdom of Britannia. However, she needed to ensure that the drama that she stirred with the start of her announcement was under control. She knew just the words to say.

"There's no need to panic, however," Queen Nina chimed in again, enthusiasm evident in her voice this time around, "Our Holy Knights are training up as we speak, in preparation so that they can engage the Seven Deadly Sins. They'll come to them. They will defeat them. They'll bring them to justice. And if the Seven Deadly Sins have used Ghostreach as a base of operations, our Holy Knights will take that town back from them! Their days of freedom are numbered!"

Incidentally, this was a cause for celebration among the populace.

"Long live Queen Nina!"

"Long live the Holy Knights!"

"Long live Britannia!"

"Long live Queen Nina!"

"Long live the Holy Knights!"

"Long live Britannia!"

Smirking at the way the crowd was worked, Queen Nina made a short, curteous bow before turning away again and heading back inside. If there was one thing she was ever good at, it was manipulating the reactions of others, a trait in which her high level of charisma was a great attribute.

What Queen Nina had told the public wouldn't be too far from the truth. The Seven Deadly Sins... or rather, five of them, would indeed have made their way to Ghostreach; likely from differing angles. However, all five of them would discover the streets of formerly quiet but busy town to be completely barren of townsfolk. Of course, the last person to discover Ghostreach such a state was the town's mayor, who was in for quite a shock when he discovered everyone else to be waiting for him in the one tavern that had been established there, so that they could successfully throw a surprise party of some kind. It was possible that the five members of the Seven Deadly Sins had remembered that event, but even if they all thought the same thing and tried their luck with the tavern anyway, they would only find each other at best.

The sudden lack of people wasn't the only thing the five souls would notice was amiss. While Megoshi was likely still dozing off in Yll Lake where she slept the night before, everyone had lost the one that bore the Goat's Sin of Lust ever since they brought the adventure they went on three years ago to an end and went their separate ways again. Anastasia would be there to notice that the five members of the Seven Deadly Sins had turned up, but before she'd be able to tell them what was going on, she'd have to wake Megoshi up and tell her that they had all arrived. Only once Megoshi reunited with her companions from years ago would Anastasia be in the position to explain everything.

After all, the Grizzly's Sin of Sloth would need to know this information as well...

Ghostreach...rumors of this town being a well known for being quite busy were currently being proved wrong. Then again, he could understand why. After all, the residents were probably warned of their arrival by the oh so wise Queen. Wouldn't make a difference though...

This just meant more score and spoils in a deserted town.

A cloaked Aeden knelt down beside a discarded satchel, rummaging through it. A couple gold and silver pieces and a couple of small trinkets. Quite a find here...especially the trinkets. Some of these I can sell off and possibly get a good profit from them. he thought, removing the items from the ground and putting them in his own satchel.

Standing up, he moved over towards a body that was covered in the glass of a nearby shop window. As Aeden reached the body, he noticed that the man was thrown out from the shop window and most likely trampled on. Probably during the mass evacuation of the town...some people's own greed got the better of them. he thought, before chuckling to himself. Yeah I'm one to talk...now...no offense to you, my poor man...but I'll be taking what's on you.

Aeden rummaged through the pockets of the dead man, only coming up with a few more silver pieces and a small locket. Upon opening it up, he was surprised that it was empty. Possibly this was going to a significant other. Regardless, after saying a small prayer to the dead man, Aeden stood up and turned to his partner: Lorelei.

"Here Lorelei." he said, tossing the locket to the vampire girl. "I think you might make more use of that than I will. That said, you find anything else for us to take?"

Rdlv7J2.png

Ghostreach

"No wonder they call this place Ghostreach - its a fricken ghost town!" Cyanthrax has just reached the supposedly busy town, only to be greeted by empty streets and abandoned buildings. In its current stat, the town much more accurately fit the name.  "Isn't this place suppose to be busy? That's the whole damn reason why I came here!" In frustration, he kicked the dirt beneath his feet. He let out a sigh of annoyance, before starting to head towards the inside of the town, his hands in his pockets and a look of disappointed frustration on his face. He had decided that he might as well check out if there's anything interesting in Ghostreach before abandoning it like the residents did. Maybe he'd actually find someone, although that was a stretch. He begrudgingly made his way towards the town tavern

dbbPwMv.jpg

x393wz.jpg

Having just recently been saved by one of the Seven Deadly Sins, Anastasia Violet lay on a hill overlooking the Yll Lake, bandaging her wounds. She always packed lightly, only carrying water, a few day's rations, and bandages. The attack, while excepted eventually, caught Ana by surprise by coming as soon as it did. Ana, being able to see slight glimpses of the future through meditation and prophesying, found out something malicious was fueling Brittania's governing force known as the Holy Knights, and saw that they have begun to dominate and perform evil acts all around the country. It was no different in Ana's hometown of Ghostreach. A group of Holy Knights ordered the village to evacuate, and when Ana tried to fight them off she was defeated. As she slipped in and out of consciousness, she saw a giantess end those who injured her.

And so, here Anastasia was. Looking down over the tall trees surrounding the lake, Ana saw a woman's body, which looked as if it were just ahead of her. Ana knew quite well this was not the case, and as such stood up, and descended the hill. She walked through and around bushes lined with multi-coloured berries and human-sized tree roots, and came to an opening, where she dipped her bare feet in the lake. Ana looked up, and above her was a massive hulking body, whose legs were too in the water, its massive toes poking out of the water in the distance.

"I must thank you once more, Megoshi. First, you save me from the Holy Knights, then after that ordeal you agree to help me find the other Deadly Sins and stop the Knights, too. I am not one for fancy words, so I just want to say that I am indebted to you far more than you could think, and that I will fight with you until we succeed our goal." Ana then lay for a few minutes, and oddly, there was no reply. She stood up, and waded to the other side of Megoshi, only to find the giant woman peacefully asleep. "Go figure..."

Anastasia decided to follow Megoshi's lead, and sat down and closed her eyes. With nothing but the sounds of nature around her, Ana was in the perfect position to open her mind's eye. Though the vision was somewhat blurry and the faces of those in it were covered, Ana saw several groups of people, and what appeared to be Ghostreach near or surrounding them. This was all Ana needed to see, and she instantly opened her eyes once more. She rose her voice slightly higher than usual, so it would hopefully wake the sleeping giant. "Megoshi, wake up. I saw more people approaching Ghostreach, and regardless of if they and the Sins or the Holy Knights, it would to us good to encounter them. I know I have already asked you for a lot, and asking you to lose sleep is  not beneficial, but if my visions are accurate, we may be in for a big haul."

x393wz.jpg

TxES99s.png

Ghostreach. A busy place, or so one would say. Looking around, it was more of a ghost town. The Queen must have had the town evacuated. At least let me have some fun with the place before evacuating it, you strung-up hag. With no people to toy with, it was actually pretty boring here. However, that didn't mean the place was completely worthless. Where there was evacuation, no doubt there were people who left behind some of their valuables. Lorelei - alongside her partner Aeden - planned to suck the place dry. They wanted the valuables, and were well-suited to finding them. Lorelei's search, however, had been less than bountiful. Which brought her to a busted-up shop, where Aeden was standing just outside of it, rummaging through a man's pockets.

"Here Lorelei. I think you might make more use of that than I will. That said, you find anything else for us to take?"

"Nothing we haven't seen before," the vampire sighed, catching the locket in one hand and opening up the other to reveal just two shoddy-looking rings. They might have been nice a decade or two ago, but right now, they would need more than some polishing and elbow grease to be worth wearing. Lorelei then walked up to Aeden, dropping the rings into the satchel at his side, before picking up the dead man in front of him. The trip here had made her...thirsty. Vampire's gotta eat, after all. Lorelei opened up her mouth wide, revealing the sharp fangs within, before clamping her jaws down upon the man's neck. She held the neck up to her mouth for perhaps half a second, before spitting out the blood from his body and tossing him to the ground.

"Disgusting! This one's been dead for a while. You'd think Her Oh-So-Greatness would leave a few guards or Holy Knights to arrest us if she knew we were coming, but here we are, no guards and no fresh blood. Must be nice for you to not have to think about that, isn't it, Aeden?"

jxBMhxr.png?1

Where exactly was the man? He had no idea. Where was he going. Similarly, no idea. What was he looking for? Probably nothing. How long had it been since he had last hit civilization? He had, unsurprisingly, no clue. There was a word to perfectly describe the situation the red haired man had found himself in. A singular word. And that was lost. And so, as a lost person might do, Newyn had continued his way forward, never really looking back and wondering simply what had lied ahead. Soon enough, the "where" of his current location became more clear as he stumbled upon a town. One that was recognizable as Ghostreach. He had only been here a few times in his life and never for quite so long, so he didn't really know much about it to begin with. 

Yet as he walked into the town, even he could pick up that there was something odd going on here. There was hardly a soul in sight, no one actually moving about the town area. While this certainly seemed strange, the man did not worry about it in the slightest as he continued to explore the area looking for something. Something important. That something important was of course a place to eat. And so, he made his way through the assortment of buildings and empty streets until he finally stumbled across a tavern. That was as good a place as any. And so with that, he made his way towards the building. 

IrdWXtB.png

"Sir!" a messenger had approached the veteran Holy Knight that was Giradin Zukebeth, prior to Queen Nina's announcemount to the citizens of Britannia, "We've lost contact with Spectra, and we've recieved word that Tibald had fallen. Though Serlon's recovery is looking up,"

"Well that's some good news at least. Not that I expected much," Giradin had mumbled that last part, wanting to keep it to himself, before giving the messenger clear instructions, "Give that same report to Ivar. You may as well tell him the mission has failed if he isn't already aware."

"Right away, sir," with that, the messengar left in an obvious hurry, leaving Giradin to his own devices. This would be for the best, as Giradin had his own affairs to attend to, and he sure as hell didn't want people to mess with them. Most notably on his mind was where Spectra would've disappeared to. Spectra was Giradin's most prized apprentice; he would hate to think that she took the mission failure personally and put herself on exile because of that, but that was unfortunately the most likely thing for her to do. Either that, or she would die trying to redeem herself for that colossal failure.

In any case, Giradin had made his way to the castle just as Queen Nina was beginning her speech, and had been listening out for it to be wrapped up from inside the stony structure itself. As with the rest of the civilians, he decided an applause was in order.

SQi13oV.png

Queen Nina was very much used to applause coming from outside her regal castle. But she heard clapping  coming from inside; a distinct, slower clapping than all the others.

"Hmm?" just as it caught her attention, Queen Nina hurried to the door and peered outside it, only to see that Giradin was the source of the clapping. How he even got here, Queen Nina didn't know, but she stood idly by with her arms crossed and her eyes narrowed.

"Y'know, you could've just applauded outside like everyone else if you like my speech that much," she stated flatly before, realizing Giradin was here for a different reason altogether, her gaze soften considerably, "What is it, Giradin?"

"...the mission was a failure," Giradin said in a tone of regret, "The prophet was more resilient than we could've guessed, and we paid the price for underestimating her."

"Tch, typical," Queen Nina scoffed, "She never was one for making things easy on us,"

"Quite," Giradin stated, "None of us were expecting the prophet to last long enough for... her, to intervene..."

"Define her," Queen Nina requested.

"Serlon reported engaging the Grizzly Sin of Sloth, just as he was administered into the infirmary," Giradin explained, "Though how they could've missed someone of her caliber even at night is beyond me,"

"Hmmm, it's beyond me too..." Queen Nina mused, "OK then, you have a new mission; scout out the remnants of Ghostreach and see if the Seven Deadly Sins have actually arrived like I said they have. You may want to take a few Platinum or Diamond Ranks with you in case they decide to attack, but do not engage them under any circumstance."

"Very well then; I'll see to it," with that, Giradin took his leave, heading towards the barracks where the other Holy Knights would be training. Meanwhile, Queen Nina returned to her throne and sat peacefully. Her kingdom seemed to be running smoothly, though a certain something was on her mind.

'I wonder if they'll ever forgive me,' she wondered, as she rested her scepter on her lap.

VJWwvCz.png

"Megoshi, wake up. I saw more people approaching Ghostreach, and regardless of if they and the Sins or the Holy Knights, it would to us good to encounter them."

"Huh? They're here already?" Megoshi asked, yawning as she did so at first before finally beginning to get over her lethargy, "In that case, go on ahead Anastasia. I need to get dressed anyway,"

Most of Megoshi's whole body was under the waters of Yll Lake as she rested, with only her head being visible above water on one end of the lake and her toes being visible above water on the other end. However, she slowly began to rise to full height, only to realize that the trees were too short on her. They may have been considered tall for the average human, but they were only able to cover up to Megoshi's belly button. Gulping and covering her breasts with one arm, Megoshi quickly grabbed one of the fallen trees with the other hand, using it much like a feather duster to brush the water droplets off her body, before getting dressed and moving.

Making it to Ghostreach, Megoshi saw some of the Seven Deadly Sins that have already arrived. There was Aeden, Lorelei, Cyanthrax and Newyn, all there ready and in position for Megoshi's arrival. Hopefully Ryouga would get there soon, despite the terrible sense of direction that he was infamous for. Although where was that mystery lady whose name no-one had ever gathered? That woman in particular was always so distant from the other members of the Seven Deadly Sins, and she was silent throughout the adventure they all went on as well. And now all of a sudden she was nowhere to be seen.  Was she captured by the Holy Knights? Was she working for them the whole time, having only joined the Seven Deadly Sins on their adventure as a spy who would enable Queen Nina in particular to keep an eye on them all? No-one would ever know, but for now, Megoshi would have to worry about the four members that were here. Aeden and Lorelei were the first two that she noticed and... were they stealing from someone? Technically looting would be the correct word here, considering the man was dead, but Megoshi didn't like that either.

"Um... excuse me? Could you two not try to steal that, please?" Megoshi asked, noticing the trinket that Aeden had passed off to Lorelei, "I'm sure it means more to whoever it belongs to more than it possibly could to either of you,"

With that, Megoshi turned to spot Cyanthrax and Newyn, who she spotted were heading to the tavern.

"Also, can I get everyone here, please?" Megoshi asked, "I have someone here I'd like you to meet,"

"Nothing we haven't seen before."

"Nevertheless, it will most likely fetch us bit of gold, if sold to the right person." Aeden gave off a chuckle, watching Lorelei dropping the rings inside the locket into the satchel. He only watched as the vampire moved slightly and began to engorge herself on the man's blood.

He had to look away for a while, shaking his head as he shuddered some. Even after working with Lorelei for as long as he had, even before working with the Seven Sins, he never got over Lorelei's eating habits. He only looked back at the vampire as she spat the blood out, in disgust. "What, too much iron in his diet, Lorelei?" he chuckled.

"Disgusting! This one's been dead for a while. You'd think Her Oh-So-Greatness would leave a few guards or Holy Knights to arrest us if she knew we were coming, but here we are, no guards and no fresh blood. Must be nice for you to not have to think about that, isn't it, Aeden?"

"Well of course he's been dead for a while...I'm a gambling man, so I'll venture to guess that all these poor souls have been dead for a while." Aeden said, standing up with a sigh. "So you'll have to sate your thirst later with a fresher taste...as for not needing to think about that, you are correct. It keeps me focused on my tasks at hand...though having the tastes of a good ale wouldn't be bad at this moment."

While he was a fairy, he had to blame Lorelei in a way for introducing him to the concept of ale...but then again, he was drinking that stuff ever since he began gambling. Aeden supposed it was just to fit in at the gambling tables, but he couldn't be sure at this moment.

"Um... excuse me? Could you two not try to steal that, please? I'm sure it means more to whoever it belongs to more than it possibly could to either of you."

Aeden paused as he heard the familiar voice of the leader of the Seven Deadly Sins herself, the giant, Megoshi Sagara...the one who held the Grizzly's Sin of Sloth. She was always one to try and halt his and Lorelei's fun when it came to looting, however he only knew the best answer to give her...the same one he always gave.

"While you might be right, Megoshi, it's no longer of any value to them...once they pass from the land of the living." Aeden flashed a quick smile, before watching her head towards the tavern. With a sigh, he turned to Lorelei. "I believe our looting and stealing will have to wait, unfortunately. Our esteemed leader is in a hurry to talk to us."

Rdlv7J2.png

Ghostreach

He had almost reached the tavern when a familiar voice boomed above him. Looking up, he saw a very familiar giant; it was Megoshi, the Sin of Sloth. She seemed to be talking to someone else who was around the area; a surprise, seeing as he had assumed the place was deserted. "I'm sure it means more to whoever it belongs to more than it possibly could to either of you," So, some type of thief. It didn't surprise him as much, honestly - if he was a thief, he would also probably hop onto a deserted ghost town. As he pondered about it, the giantess turned her head towards him. "Also, can I get everyone here, please? I have someone here I'd like you to meet." He chuckled to himself at the implication - more of the other sins were here as well. "Maybe this town isn't so lame after all." He headed towards his destination, a wide grin on his face.

• 2 weeks later...

The winds blew as a man travelled the plains, his purple cloak fluttering in the said wind. The man carried what appeared to be bags of food in his arms, and a map in his hands. He looked at the piece of paper, growling to himself before he crumpled it up and tossed it behind his shoulder.

"WHERE THE HELL AM I?!" he roared to the heavens with the ferocity of a dragon. He received no answer other than a few birds flying off, fearful of his yell. With a sigh, he kept walking looking around. He had went into town since he ran out of food in the mountains, and didn't feel like hunting down an animal. So he went to the town nearby the mountain. All went well and he got his food, but... He then couldn't find his way back to the mountains.

So he had been wandering aimlessly for hours. He even had to eat some of the food he bought, which was pissing him off even more. With a sigh, he he kept walking, hoping to find something soon,

TxES99s.png

"Um... excuse me? Could you two not try to steal that, please?" Lorelei turned to face the source of the voice. A literal giant of a woman, and the Grizzly Sin of Sloth. A big idiot in a more literal sense than most. "I'm sure it means more to whoever it belongs to more than it possibly could to either of you."

"While you might be right, Megoshi, it's no longer of any value to them...once they pass from the land of the living."

"Even if they were alive, it can't mean that much to them if they forgot to pick it up during the evacuation," Lorelei added. "So now it's ours."

"I believe our looting and stealing will have to wait, unfortunately. Our esteemed leader is in a hurry to talk to us."

"Why is she the leader anyway?" Lorelei muttered, pocketing the locket Aeden had tossed her. To the tavern then. Lorelei started in that direction, keeping her eyes open for any unlucky saps who were stupid enough to stay in town for whatever reason despite the evacuation orders. Or for anything that looked particularly valuable.

Archived