Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Text-Perimentation~ Extraordinaire!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

https://ygorganizati...ormation-stage/

1.jpg?ssl=1

1 thing for sure our new protag looks older surface wise.

Cz2ZUieUoAAowDV.png?ssl=1

HELL YE BOI. Grind'in Board on serpentine monster like Geh, Armityle , or even Osiris is did sound badass

Projects (Finished set is linked)

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

I wonder if it's the right thing to do to make a thread right now. We don't have the series title and even our information is limited to a few lines and like 3 images. 

Even more so, the actual series will begin in like 4 months. By that time if we don't get enough constant influx of leaks this will not be necrobumpable.

Posted Image

Goats

Other sigs

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

I wonder if it's the right thing to do to make a thread right now. We don't have the series title and even our information is limited to a few lines and like 3 images. 

Even more so, the actual series will begin in like 4 months. By that time if we don't get enough constant influx of leaks this will not be necrobumpable.

ah you right. well too much hype

sakura is it legal to lock this thread until then...or probs gonna be to long?

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 33,829 posts
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

It'll probably be better to just remake the thread later when more data comes out; for now, suppose we can still use the ARC-V thread for discussion. Or we can let Smear decide what's best for this. 

Yeah, I did say that we should make a separate discussion, but that was on the condition that we'd get more stuff to deal with. All we know thus far is the main character is another male (which shouldn't come as much of a surprise), his name and background and that we get a slight revival in new-age 5Ds stuff.

(Looking at when the current ARC-V thread was made, we didn't have too much info either; least from my understanding)

----

EDIT: Smear gave the okay for it, so carry on.

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 17 December 2016 - 12:58 AM.

Signature Stuff

Card Directory and TCG Decks

Viva Club Espeon!

Extra Images / GFX stuff

Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

GOD MACHISMO

GOD MACHISMO

Natty Superman

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,271 posts
  • Alias:King Crouton

"Yusaku is a boy who doesn’t like standing out"

Which is why he styles his hair to look like Galaxy-Eyes. INCONSPICUOUS!

Based on the description, hoping we don't have a "save the world" arc for once.

And hopefully he isn't voiced by someone who either sounds like Yugi or Jaden.

Kingdom Xathers

Kingdom Xathers

Furry/Anthro Artist

• VIP
  • 4,474 posts
Based on the description, hoping we don't have a "save the world" arc for once.

mvXUcz4.png

* ... ... ...

qSgTnoD.png

* SNR-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-K-K-K-K-K--

59rfXjv.png

* BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAA!!!

s3z2F2H.png

* Oh, come now.

* We ALL know better at this rate.

The Eternal Challenger

The Eternal Challenger

The answer lies in the heart of battle

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Alias:Saiku
Hello Zexal hair, we meet again.

Hopefully this man is not a chosen one of some sort.

... Right?

One can hope.

Posted Image

Kingdom Xathers

Kingdom Xathers

Furry/Anthro Artist

• VIP
  • 4,474 posts

Hello Zexal hair, we meet again.

Hopefully this man is not a chosen one of some sort.

... Right?

One can hope.

qSgTnoD.png

* He'll get chosen by something, that's for certain.

* How strong/omnipotent/deus ex machina-ish that "something" is, though, will remain to be seen.

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Let's see,

On Chosen Ones

Btw, I'm trying to think of what the new series will be about from a technical game stand-point.

Will there be a new mechanic?
How will it be like?
Or will they just expand on what there currently is?

Do we have a clue based on past generational transitions of Yugioh? I bet this one would mostly only clue us into what the metagame would evolve into rather than the specifics of a new mechanic.

What aspects of today's game are being over-used?

I remember 5Ds had tons of emphasis of weak monsters merging into fine-tuned Level amounts and Graveyard filling. Then came Xyzs with more simple conditions, no Levels, and retaining Materials to begin fixing that...

From Gx to 5Ds we had destruction as a main form of removal and bosses be super heavy nomis or specific fusions, then came Stardust and destruction started being countered more, and Synchros making bosses a bit more accessible and generic (because GX was also archetype hell).

So From Arc V to this one.... what could it be?

Posted Image

Goats

Other sigs

Agro

Agro

husbando material

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,053 posts
  • Alias:Agro
  • Spouse:Elly

I cant wait to see if whatever new mechanic they add fucking ends Yugioh's life.

vFKSmbl.png

"Agro your pool party is very kinky~" -Elly Da Booty Hunter
"Agro booty is best booty. Only good booty. Your's and every else's boot sucks." -Daemon
"DAMNIT AGRO" -Klav

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 33,829 posts

Let's see, ARC-V just made Scale 0 and 13 for Pendulums; the mechanic itself still needs refining to become less of a pain to contend with and the game is already nuts as-is. I'd be fine with them not introducing a new summon mechanic (probably better if they don't, considering the above), but chances are they will. 

As for Yusaku's design, liking it so far. Looks more like he's upperclassman or early college student by appearance, but yeah, could be younger. Just hope he's tolerable. Likely going to be a bit lazy, given the theme's implication (and yeah, new duelist).

---

Don't disappoint us, new series. 

Signature Stuff

Viva Club Espeon!

Extra Images / GFX stuff

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Personally I think every Yugioh disappoints at one point or another.

I've dropped most of them throughout the years at different points until they get out of X plots/arcs or downright get done with their finale depending on which one we are talking about.

I can't get hyped now that it is pretty much gen 6 of that. Though I still overall very much enjoy following.

I know I'll at least enjoy the beginning of it, as I always do. By the end, these shows carry accumulated scars.

Though there are cases like 5Ds or GX where I just enjoy the characters themselves even in the most filler scenarios, and that's enough to make me go back.

- - - - - - - -

For this one, It catches my attention that it is virtual reality. That has never been a thing before...

Holograms for most, holograms with matter for Arc V, and augmented reality for ZeXal.

Does that mean they'll have rooms especially made for dueling?

That change is either hinting at the show being more "down to earth" like the beginning of Vanguard was, with game stores specializing on it and no random duels on the streets,

OR it'll be more limiting than any of the previous gens..... or be mistranslated?

Posted Image

Goats

Other sigs

Thomas Zero

Thomas Zero

The HERO of YCM

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
When you have a Yugioh Series that about "Try Everything" and the protagonist gets dragged into everything for just doing that.

and our protagonist is...

Elemental HERO Kingdom Neos

And Remember Kids...

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 33,829 posts

@Sleepy: Well, we don't know how these virtual duels will be like, as the info was released a couple hours ago. Pretty sure more data on that will be released in the coming days (along with the other things that we need to know).

---

Oh right, and the show's theme is very similar to another franchise that I've been getting on recently; probably coincidental.

Signature Stuff

Viva Club Espeon!

Extra Images / GFX stuff

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Let's see,

On Chosen Ones

Btw, I'm trying to think of what the new series will be about from a technical game stand-point.

Will there be a new mechanic?
How will it be like?
Or will they just expand on what there currently is?

Do we have a clue based on past generational transitions of Yugioh? I bet this one would mostly only clue us into what the metagame would evolve into rather than the specifics of a new mechanic.

What aspects of today's game are being over-used?

I remember 5Ds had tons of emphasis of weak monsters merging into fine-tuned Level amounts and Graveyard filling. Then came Xyzs with more simple conditions, no Levels, and retaining Materials to begin fixing that...

From Gx to 5Ds we had destruction as a main form of removal and bosses be super heavy nomis or specific fusions, then came Stardust and destruction started being countered more, and Synchros making bosses a bit more accessible and generic (because GX was also archetype hell).

So From Arc V to this one.... what could it be?

i personally think Summon mechanic may not just about cool feature to be included but also about solving the ever-present problems that may occur in the game or at very least increase the number of diversity on meta....kinda like what optimistic people theorize on the arrival on pendulum: adding setup option and a bit of speed especially to (supposedly) old decks. hmm we can predict this if we know thoroughly the technical problem we have in game right now 

but i also hope the new mechanic is not blatantly new rather a further evolution of what we have today. kinda like GX era which only present us with Contact Fusion. evolution rather than straight introduction is kinda more make sense to the theme and problems it represent. Yusaku here is hinted to be completely newbie  so it will overwhelming to him to have to learn the entirety of franchise game basics on top of the brand new gimmick. unlike Yuya a rather knowledgeable duelist that simply adjust his deck (and with some help of Zarc) when pendulum handed over to him

[email protected]

[email protected]

Aerodynamic Girls and Boys

• Back Alley Alliance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Alias:Mitcher

it's only a matter of time until we get card games on trains now

Posted Image

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

"I'm not here to play with you."

• Top Hat Regulator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,785 posts
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

As for Yusaku's design, liking it so far. Looks more like he's upperclassman or early college student by appearance, but yeah, could be younger.

Well he's a high school student so I'll say 15/16-years old I reckon.

iVaujSV.png?1

80317British.jpg

This is as far as you go. Your life points will soon be reduced to 0, and your life will be dust. It over. The heart is pain. The heart that humans used to believe in hold this pain. All your wishes that you've ever had, are all just pain. How worthless! Your hearts are what caused the future to be destroyed. Little Boy, this is Despair... Turn End. - Aporia

a709b8f5cdd8b64cb6aada33e60fd0e8.png

Rest of Sig

Master Hyperion

Master Hyperion

<3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

it's only a matter of time until we get card games on trains now

:V

Possibly the best Pokemon fan game that you will ever play:
http://www.fullscreenpokemon.com/
zlCfzSL08OMy-JegW6_zps3d8ffc22.jpg

[email protected]

[email protected]

Aerodynamic Girls and Boys

• Back Alley Alliance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Alias:Mitcher

i shan't be satisfied with just this, give me two trains crashing into each other as their respective duelists sack an mst out their asses

Posted Image

Tyretian

Tyretian

Snailoon

• Xyz
  • 1,619 posts

Lets not forget, people, that Card Games on Hoverboards isn't a new thing

Not much to say really other than cool hair.

My signature

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users