• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how the writers just kinda went "yeah, this card is super strong in dataworld... too bad you don't know what it is." I think ghost girl got cheated out of a game life tbh

I think we've agreed the card is just Mirror Force. "Hanoi's terrifying power" is just the ability to use cards that came out before Code of the Duelist, which ordinary humans are incapable of perceiving.

You know what? I changed my mind. It's Radiant Mirror Force.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 31]
- I liked that Ghost Girl was aware of Revolver's 1st Topologic and wanted to prepare countermeasures for it and take it down (or in this case, bounce it)
- I dunno why they tried to hide the trap that Revolver used to destroy Ghost Girl's monsters, but it might as well be Mirror Force
- Ghost Girl tried to prevent Revolver from using Storm Access via her skill, but it backfired (no surprise there tbph)

- RIP Ghost Girl, converted into data

- Playmaker was lucky that he logged out when he did, otherwise he'd have his goose cooked (and served to a random family at Christmas this year)
- That tower looks threatening as funk.

[spoiler=VRAINS 032]

• Kitamura got turned into data. No one will miss you.
  • Main characters going into Link VRAINS to stop stuff. 
  • If Tower of Hanoi completes, they revert to the 1900s era where we had no computers (or back to premodern times for us)
  • Naoki Shima still thinks he's a hero in VRAINS; uh yeah, no, you suck. 
  • Spectre uses a Plant deck, so...I guess some of you guys will be happy to get Plant Links and stuff. Not enough to put data up in TCG.

[spoiler=Eps 32]

1) Kitamura, you will not be missed

2) Avengers Assembled yey

3) so its basically Hanoi want to instigate roughly the same thing that happen at Y2K.that part quite make sense. The hyperbole is that its also affect offline devices by somewhat overloading the online ones to produce EMP

4) that being said the concept of the Tower along with the story involving it actually quite flavorful. Wikipedia giving you extentsive amount of those flavors and connection.

Crunchyroll still doesn't know what a Normal Monster is.

Wow, you’d think they’d know by now, but alas.

EDIT: finally got around to watching the episode;

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 32]

- When that one dude tried to log out of Link Vrains but couldn't, the first thing that came to mind was when Ash tried putting Bulbasaur and Squirtle in their pokeballs only for the balls themselves to be caught by Mewtwo anyway.

- RIP Kitamura, he will not be missed

- So basically if the Tower of Hanoi is complete and the network destroyed, everything reverts to like the early 1900s when computers didn't exist

- At least we get to see another master duel courtesy of Spectre (shame we have to wait till next week, or at time of writing this edit; 2 days to see what his stuff does).

At the time of this post, only the RAW (albeit not HQ like title claims) is available.

[spoiler=VRAINS 033]

• Sunavalons are literally "spam Link 1 Sunvine" and recover any LP damage you take. Luckily it is OPT, but still.
  • Aoi got her key cards killed via Archetypal equivalent of Chain Destruction.
    • Oh and RIP her Holly Angel going to the dark side. 
  • Not-Yusaku kid tries to challenge reporters to duel because he think they're Hanoi, but real Yusaku saves him.
  • Plant Links new meta. 
  • Aoi using new Field Spell this episode, but it backfired. (Uh, have any of those lock effects on either Stage/Arena EVER backfired in the real game, unless Stage is irrelevant because of massive search power and just FTK to no end.)

I checked Crunchyroll; said they'd have it up after New Year's, either concurrent with or before 34. But then again, I checked AnimeOnline.tv and they didn't have it; maybe they added it now, but idk. 

Well 34 isn't airing till January 10th so I'd hopefully wouldn't think they'd have it up concurrent with 34, so maybe next week if it isn't up soon perhaps...

Scratch that, we have subs.

My usual anime site finally got around to it, so yeah, watched it earlier on (least after I returned from work).

[spoiler=33]

Not too much has changed from my RAW thoughts, except Blue Angel taking her persona from a book Akira read to her in the past, and then Aoi figuring out how Spectre's deck functions in application.

Speaking of which, everything did get revealed and Link marker stuff is clear (sans the material requirements for Gardna/Healer since he spammed them via Sunavalon Dryas). Whoever wants to post them can in TCG.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 33]
- So Spectre's deck is 20 billion Plant Links.dek (new meta anyone?  :Kappa:  ) that spam sheet and act defensively, though it didn't take long for Blue Angel to figure that out.
 - He also managed to do his homework and funk over Aoi's strategy by using an archetypal chain destruction.
- Spectre is aware that Aoi took her persona from a book she read as a kid, though Aoi realised that he's probably the same as he mentioned that it was a good book.
- Some dude who looked like a mini Playmaker assumed the reporters were Hanoi and challenged them, but ended up having to be saved by the real Playmaker.

[spoiler=33]

The pace of this duel is much better than most of what I've seen so far in Vrains. It is not too much spam so I am able to digest what the cards do without going to the wikia or waiting for leaks to study them individually, and the boss gradually grows (although I wonder if it'll stay as Link 2). I appreciate this a lot. Not having to go to a turn 1 board of a Link 3 pointing to a monster(s) right there.

I am now a little bit more confident that Aoi is gonna win this duel rather than be bait for Playmaker to arrive to later.

Speaking of Playmaker, isn't he too far away from the tower considering the reporters caught up to his general area after the main cast had stormed off? I thought he'd be going straight for Revolver. Guess Kusanagi is analyzing Ghost Girl's data and they might be waiting for that.

[spoiler=33]

The pace of this duel is much better than most of what I've seen so far in Vrains. It is not too much spam so I am able to digest what the cards do without going to the wikia or waiting for leaks to study them individually, and the boss gradually grows (although I wonder if it'll stay as Link 2). I appreciate this a lot. Not having to go to a turn 1 board of a Link 3 pointing to a monster(s) right there.

[spoiler=Response]

I'm sure it probs has a further evolved form

• 2 weeks later...

Had to browse a few sites to find this episode as some sites I viewed had 33 up when it was meant to be 34.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 34]

- Spectre laments about how lonely he was in his youth and that if Aoi couldn't understand that, she couldn't hope to win. (Every other sentence he spouted might as well have been "Please understand"  :Kappa:  ... and as I typed that just now, I was thinking of Satoru Iwata.

- I liked how in the final moments of the duel Spectre made Aoi think she was in control, when it was in fact the exact opposite and he had answers to her plays.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 35]

- We learn more about Spectre's backstory in which he was an orphan and that he was one of the six involved in the lost incident, but unlike Yusaku, he enjoyed his time at that facility (considering the life he had in the orphanage). When he chatted about the tree that he was left at when he was a baby, I was thinking "I wonder if something will happen to that tree" moments before it was shown that it was destroyed.

- Spectre mentions to Yusaku that he didn't use his full strength when he beat Blue Angel (who was turned into data), so I guess that means he has stronger toys up his sleeve

- "If only there was a data storm..." - Yeah, great idea AI, I legit facepalm'd at that suggestion.

- Dr Kogami mentions to Akira that he was placed in a coma via a computer virus and that his son removed it years later and inserted his mind into the network.

Obligatory note about two episodes because I was gone when last week aired. 

[spoiler=VRAINS 34]

• Aoi gets new monster for recycling Reincarnations; whoopee. (Oh and I guess Bloody Mary got her debut)
  • Spectre is a troll; spam Funeral/Burial right when Aoi is about to win and then play bullshit LP gain.
    • Also how specific sheet was.
  • Akira is obviously distraught over his sister losing.
  • Link 3 Sunavalon.

[spoiler=VRAINS 35]

• We find out about Dr. Kogami's fate; he's in a coma but exists in the network. Also blames SOL Technologies for it.
  • Spectre is one of the kids from The Lost Incident.
  • Yusaku, Talk no Jutsu won't work on him. Don't waste your time reasoning with Spectre.
  • More Link spam from Yusaku, but Devotee's restriction is bleh.
  • Yusaku finds out Spectre's combo.
  • Spectre was a loner, enjoyed the Incident, recruited by Revolver and otherwise saw the tree as his guardian. And yeah, shunned humanity after they cut it down.

Obligatory note about two episodes because I was gone when last week aired. 

[spoiler=VRAINS 34]

• Aoi gets new monster for recycling Reincarnations; whoopee. (Oh and I guess Bloody Mary got her debut)
  • Spectre is a troll; spam Funeral/Burial right when Aoi is about to win and then play bullshit LP gain.
    • Also how specific sheet was.
  • Akira is obviously distraught over his sister losing.
  • Link 3 Sunavalon.

[spoiler=VRAINS 35]

• We find out about Dr. Kogami's fate; he's in a coma but exists in the network. Also blames SOL Technologies for it.
  • Spectre is one of the kids from The Lost Incident.
  • Yusaku, Talk no Jutsu won't work on him. Don't waste your time reasoning with Spectre.
  • More Link spam from Yusaku, but Devotee's restriction is bleh.
  • Yusaku finds out Spectre's combo.
  • Spectre was a loner, enjoyed the Incident, recruited by Revolver and otherwise saw the tree as his guardian. And yeah, shunned humanity after they cut it down.

[spoiler great]

Aoi is dead. What is this digimon? STOP MAKING GIRLS WORTHLESS!

[spoiler great]

Aoi is dead. What is this digimon? STOP MAKING GIRLS WORTHLESS!

[spoiler=Reply]

Well, Yugioh is generally bad at keeping female characters competent in dueling (and I suppose the playerbase IRL doesn't help either, because they get trash talked and stuff at tournaments). That's why they have Princess Cup so girls can play without being harassed. (Only in Japan, and this is going slightly off-topic)

Aoi technically isn't dead beyond salvation; she can return IF Yusaku can win against Revolver and shut everything down. Same with Ghost Girl. 

But honestly, no one cares if Kitamura stays as data; he was an jabroni.

Archived