Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS

6th Series Yusaku Fujiki Hoverboard Skateboard

• Please log in to reply
640 replies to this topic

Pchi

Pchi

Elite Member

• Elite Members
  • 1,398 posts
    Last Visit Jul 12 2018 10:06 PM

Ok, from what I understand, it's possible they're going to duel in some sort of virtual reality platform... so that's how they want to top Real Solid Vision?

Posted Image

AND GOOD HAIR!!

Timeline15

Timeline15

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 259 posts
    Last Visit Mar 17 2018 05:33 AM

Hmm, this looks ok. On one hand, the new protagonist looks WAY too much like another one of Yuya's clones. One the other hand, he's apparently at least slightly older. Still holding out for another Yusei, but given the Yuya-ish look and high school setting, I'm not expecting it from this guy.

As for hoverboards, hey, I loved Riding duels. If this can add the same feeling of pace and danger to the duels as that did, I'm game, even if it looks a little dumber.

Also, any idea on when we'll be getting a name for this series? Would it have been revealed at the event these pics came from, and just hasn't been revealed yet, or do we have to wait a bit longer?

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,271 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 07:19 AM

Ah yes, another example of copy-pasting.

He looks like someone from Cardfight Vanguard, and I've never played Cardfight Vanguard.

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,094 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:37 PM

Here's my guess. We'll see how much is wrong by the time of the reveal:

Duel Monsters is still a huge and popular hit in this world, but not to the extent of the other generations. This time, duels are held inside special rooms designated for it, and due to their virtual reality gimmick, you won't be seeing anybody dueling as everyday life just anywhere.

Yusaku is a high school student who doesn't like standing out. He is going about with his school life until he bumps into a duel (presumably a duel where his rival will be playing against X) and be conflicted between his nature of staying in the shadows and taking on a game that's gaining on popularity. He knows if he enters, he might want to get really good at it, as he is sort of a perfectionist at heart at whatever he does. Getting good at it means getting the spotlight at some point. He probably hates cameras (and who wouldn't with that hai-*shot* )

The reclusion of Duel Monsters to designated ares hints at the massive decrease of its dependency on the rest of the world. Pretty much back to a hobby that schools don't revolve around AKA a regular high school in this case.

Yusaku's struggle keeps him apart, yet aware of the popular trend. He decides to make a change and go for it, buy a starter deck at a store, and then get obliterated by the equivalent of a full power PePe turn 1, making use of tons of advanced mechanics in the process. This overwhelms him, yet excites him. Yusaku makes up his mind to try to master the game to that degree and surpass it.

For that episode concept to work though, the pilot will have to forget about being a tutorial like in every other series. Rather, game 1 of the series would have to show something bigger that focuses in looking flashy but not too advanced/convoluted to overwhelm the audience. The rest of the season would be him living through the tutorial. Episode 1 could still be strong if it chooses to focus on the characters rather than on the game right away.

The VR setting also lends itself to have the duelist's own body damaged or altered in bigger ways, leading to darker settings, and when the plot involving magic or saving something inevitably arrives (which I'd hope would have subtle hints throughout the tutorial phase of the show but overall take about as long to really kick in as Ren did in Vanguard), it'll probably be somebody making the VR body damage translate IRL, AKA what Zarc from Arc V did with his opponents in the previous dimension flashback. 

This would we weird. From there it could either be pretty much the Digiworld, or have the plot eventually move out to the real world causing havoc. None of which sounds very good. The latter would be very out of place for the hypothetical in-universe I described.

As for a guess in a new mechanic? I have an idea, and I'll risk sounding too full of myself saying this but I did a custom mechanic that's a more elaborated sort of "deck masters", and I think Konami could be aiming for a variation of that.

Now watch me get shamelessly specific on promoting something with no more merit to the canon than your average fanfic.

Sort of Deck Master-like mechanic:

-Especial New kind of cards that are by your side from the start of the duel, and act more like suits or mode/changes for the duelist and can be swapped around.

-They are activated a certain way and just get back to your side outside the board when taken hits.

-They have their own life bar and can take hits for you as a cushion, helping in duels lasting more even if the aggressiveness were to increase (like triple attackers or triple pierce effects and whatnot).

-They'd be Extra Deck carriers instead of going into the Extra Deck themselves (with varying capacities) at the cost of shrinking the OG Extra Deck by X amounts, essentially increasing the overall Extra Deck limit, but with that catch. ED monsters would only be available if you are using that specific [insert mechanic name here] card.

^I really think it'd improve things in the game if it was like that.

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,271 posts

Let's just hope the female lead is good, like Akiza from 5d's good.

Friend codes:

60 Cards Croutoni

60 Cards Croutoni

Monster Mash will top Worlds

• Senior Members
  • 9,390 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:King Crouton

Ah yes, another example of copy-pasting.

He looks like someone from Cardfight Vanguard, and I've never played Cardfight Vanguard.

More like someone from Zexal...literally no one on CFV, even Chrono the Vortexhead has hair this ridiculous...what?

-Especial New kind of cards that are by your side from the start of the duel, and act more like suits or mode/changes for the duelist and can be swapped around.

-They are activated a certain way and just get back to your side outside the board when taken hits.

-They have their own life bar and can take hits for you as a cushion, helping in duels lasting more even if the aggressiveness were to increase (like triple attackers or triple pierce effects and whatnot).

-They'd be Extra Deck carriers instead of going into the Extra Deck themselves (with varying capacities) at the cost of shrinking the OG Extra Deck by X amounts, essentially increasing the overall Extra Deck limit, but with that catch. ED monsters would only be available if you are using that specific [insert mechanic name here] card.

Oh God that would be incredible.

a mercenary for justice who's above the law

a shadow man on deadly ground who's out for a kill

a dangerous man, born to raise hell, driven to kill

the perfect weapon, the final option

butterball seagal

For Magic Set Editor users

This individual has extended art custom templates with Link and Pendulums

RadForce
Monster Mash
Toybots
Rocks
Burn

My blog.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,391 posts
    Last Visit 2 minutes ago
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Bolded part sounds kind of similar to what the Armor cards did during the filler arc; that was cool. 

Let's just hope the female lead is good, like Akiza from 5d's good.

A lot of us hope that the female character is actually competent. 

Yuzu had promise, but then got shafted after being OTK'd by Sergey and then regressed to being damsel in distress for the remainder of the series (well, she's absorbed right now). 

Hmm, this looks ok. On one hand, the new protagonist looks WAY too much like another one of Yuya's clones. One the other hand, he's apparently at least slightly older. Still holding out for another Yusei, but given the Yuya-ish look and high school setting, I'm not expecting it from this guy.

As for hoverboards, hey, I loved Riding duels. If this can add the same feeling of pace and danger to the duels as that did, I'm game, even if it looks a little dumber.

Also, any idea on when we'll be getting a name for this series? Would it have been revealed at the event these pics came from, and just hasn't been revealed yet, or do we have to wait a bit longer?

Probably a bit more before we get the actual name. Wikia currently calls it Yu-Gi-Oh! 6 (likely a filler for the time being). 

I'd like a more mature protagonist as well (Yusei's the one I could relate to the most), but let's see how this pans out with Yusaku. Didn't mind Jaden in GX; Yuma was fine in ZEXAL (kattobingu was more of an amusement rather than annoying); meh on OG Yugi, but Yami/Atem was golden [well, most of the action came out of him]; already mentioned in the ARC-V thread a few times in passing about how I feel about Yuya.

-----

Once the series airs, let's see if it'll be worth watching the next 3-4 years or if it's better to just watch something else. 

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,450 posts
    Last Visit 23 minutes ago
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

More like someone from Zexal...literally no one on CFV, even Chrono the Vortexhead has hair this ridiculous...what?

It defo looks like an older Yuma, but yeah I don't think it looked like anyone from Vanguard either.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Rest of Sig

XenoPhobia

XenoPhobia

• Members
  • 62 posts
    Last Visit Oct 17 2018 04:39 PM

^I really think it'd improve things in the game if it was like that.

-God bless your soul on having such a fantastic idea, I hope against all hope that it does run the same as what you've theorized, or something close to that. That would make it really interesting indeed!

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Fusion

I am absolutely neutral on the protagonist and the idea of card games on hoverboards. Doesn't sound shitty, doesn't particularly excite me either. But I've come this far, so I'll most likely be watching it.

I really wish we got Yu-Gi-Oh! Super instead, but oh well.

3bxRxYn.jpg

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,271 posts

So the mechanic, it's nothing new. We saw it in that Noah arc in classic yugioh!. So in real world, we pick a monster from our deck and set it aside as a deck master. If we use the deck master ability, we place it in a monster card zone. If the deckmaster is defeated, the owner loses regardless of LP.

Friend codes:

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,094 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:37 PM

So the mechanic, it's nothing new. We saw it in that Noah arc in classic yugioh!. So in real world, we pick a monster from our deck and set it aside as a deck master. If we use the deck master ability, we place it in a monster card zone. If the deckmaster is defeated, the owner loses regardless of LP.

It's just something I proposed, not anything official. I was just predicting and waiting.

What I proposed wouldn't be like the Noah arc Deck Masters though, I proposed cards that have their own LP to get hit with and the ability to shield the player, unlike Noah's cards that make you auto-lose if they die and don't inherently cushion anything otherwise. The mechanic I invented up there also enhances the Extra Deck size but with a few conditions, and is a permanent asset of the player so if you fulfill what you need to bring it out again, it'll get "turned on" again.

Plus, Deck Masters are any other card out there rather than cards specialized for that function.

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Text-Perimentation~ Extraordinaire!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,488 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:02 PM

well a bit late..though not much:

The Highlander

The Highlander

The One

• Elite Members
  • 1,547 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:51 PM

[...]

[...]

1.) That mechanic sounds interesting (more than deck masters used to be).

2.) I would actually enjoy no Magic etc. this time around ... thought that is propably not going to happen, nevertheless it would be more interesting to have a kind of minor shock system (a far less painful version than the one Zane uses against Syrus) and have an antagonist who hacks the system, intensifying that to a life threatening situation.

As for the obligatory "Protagonist creates a card out of nowhere" ... that would be doable by having an emergency program in that VR dueling system, while that would rely on the cards being more or less virtual, it would allow the system to add a card, which fits the protagonist, to the top of his deck, as well as a printed copy to the physical deck of the protagonist.

Well those are my thoughts on this topic.

(If you are wondering why I replied to you in specific, your version sounded the most interesting and I mostly agree, so I would like to hear your opinion on this).

~~~~

~~~~

• 2,992 posts
    Last Visit

Just putting it out there: if we don't get a new mechanic I'll be very disappointed. Obviously we have a lot of cards like Tri-and-Guess that rely on Fusions, Synchros and Xyz being the only types of face-down cards in the Extra Deck. And they can't just errata the text because that would ruin the pun in the name.

shadowliepard

shadowliepard

Waga michi wo terasu mirai kairo!

• Advanced Members
  • 512 posts
    Last Visit Jun 28 2018 11:49 AM

Just putting it out there: if we don't get a new mechanic I'll be very disappointed. Obviously we have a lot of cards like Tri-and-Guess that rely on Fusions, Synchros and Xyz being the only types of face-down cards in the Extra Deck. And they can't just errata the text because that would ruin the pun in the name.

I wouldn't be disappointed. I'd actually be pleasantly surprised. I feel like Yugioh might want to slow its pace down and work with what we have. Especially since it looks like they might be starting to run out of ideas - Pendulum is obviously much less balanced, versatile, and well-designed than Synchro and Xyz, and I'd rather have no new mechanic than something half-assed.

It's too early to be worried about not getting a mechanic. We've gotten one every series so far, and there's nothing to suggest that it'll change this time.

Oh, and there better be older summoning methods present in this series as well. I don't want another Zexal where every deck is Xyz turbo.

In-Game Admin on DN February to July 2016.
I'm a girl. I'm 16 years old, living in California. That's Pacific Time Zone, GMT-8. Here are some archetypes I've made.

Y'all should check out my games, Remake a Card and Make up a Summoning Chant.

60 Cards Croutoni

60 Cards Croutoni

Monster Mash will top Worlds

• Senior Members
  • 9,390 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:King Crouton

We don't need any more summoning mechanics.

We have Pendulums. Use those to build on the other types.

a mercenary for justice who's above the law

a shadow man on deadly ground who's out for a kill

a dangerous man, born to raise hell, driven to kill

the perfect weapon, the final option

butterball seagal

For Magic Set Editor users

This individual has extended art custom templates with Link and Pendulums

RadForce
Monster Mash
Toybots
Rocks
Burn

My blog.

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Text-Perimentation~ Extraordinaire!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,488 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:02 PM

Weekly Jump come aaaannnnddddd....

https://ygorganizati...erefolksgoaway/

...in sheer disappointment there nothing new. it only reconfirming thing we already new and some leaks

shadowliepard

shadowliepard

Waga michi wo terasu mirai kairo!

• Advanced Members
  • 512 posts
    Last Visit Jun 28 2018 11:49 AM

GDI at least just give us a title, "sixth Yugioh series" is unsexy.

In-Game Admin on DN February to July 2016.
I'm a girl. I'm 16 years old, living in California. That's Pacific Time Zone, GMT-8. Here are some archetypes I've made.

Y'all should check out my games, Remake a Card and Make up a Summoning Chant.

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,450 posts
    Last Visit 23 minutes ago
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

Weekly Jump come aaaannnnddddd....

https://ygorganizati...erefolksgoaway/

...in sheer disappointment there nothing new. it only reconfirming thing we already new and some leaks

Sounds like one of those "The announcement is that we'll announce something later" kind of things.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Rest of Sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users