Ah yes, another example of copy-pasting.

He looks like someone from Cardfight Vanguard, and I've never played Cardfight Vanguard.

More like someone from Zexal...literally no one on CFV, even Chrono the Vortexhead has hair this ridiculous...what?

Sort of Deck Master-like mechanic:

-Especial New kind of cards that are by your side from the start of the duel, and act more like suits or mode/changes for the duelist and can be swapped around.

-They are activated a certain way and just get back to your side outside the board when taken hits.

-They have their own life bar and can take hits for you as a cushion, helping in duels lasting more even if the aggressiveness were to increase (like triple attackers or triple pierce effects and whatnot).

-They'd be Extra Deck carriers instead of going into the Extra Deck themselves (with varying capacities) at the cost of shrinking the OG Extra Deck by X amounts, essentially increasing the overall Extra Deck limit, but with that catch. ED monsters would only be available if you are using that specific [insert mechanic name here] card.

Oh God that would be incredible.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolded part sounds kind of similar to what the Armor cards did during the filler arc; that was cool. 

Let's just hope the female lead is good, like Akiza from 5d's good.

A lot of us hope that the female character is actually competent. 

Yuzu had promise, but then got shafted after being OTK'd by Sergey and then regressed to being damsel in distress for the remainder of the series (well, she's absorbed right now). 

Hmm, this looks ok. On one hand, the new protagonist looks WAY too much like another one of Yuya's clones. One the other hand, he's apparently at least slightly older. Still holding out for another Yusei, but given the Yuya-ish look and high school setting, I'm not expecting it from this guy.

As for hoverboards, hey, I loved Riding duels. If this can add the same feeling of pace and danger to the duels as that did, I'm game, even if it looks a little dumber.

Also, any idea on when we'll be getting a name for this series? Would it have been revealed at the event these pics came from, and just hasn't been revealed yet, or do we have to wait a bit longer?

Probably a bit more before we get the actual name. Wikia currently calls it Yu-Gi-Oh! 6 (likely a filler for the time being). 

I'd like a more mature protagonist as well (Yusei's the one I could relate to the most), but let's see how this pans out with Yusaku. Didn't mind Jaden in GX; Yuma was fine in ZEXAL (kattobingu was more of an amusement rather than annoying); meh on OG Yugi, but Yami/Atem was golden [well, most of the action came out of him]; already mentioned in the ARC-V thread a few times in passing about how I feel about Yuya.

-----

Once the series airs, let's see if it'll be worth watching the next 3-4 years or if it's better to just watch something else. 

So the mechanic, it's nothing new. We saw it in that Noah arc in classic yugioh!. So in real world, we pick a monster from our deck and set it aside as a deck master. If we use the deck master ability, we place it in a monster card zone. If the deckmaster is defeated, the owner loses regardless of LP.

So the mechanic, it's nothing new. We saw it in that Noah arc in classic yugioh!. So in real world, we pick a monster from our deck and set it aside as a deck master. If we use the deck master ability, we place it in a monster card zone. If the deckmaster is defeated, the owner loses regardless of LP.

It's just something I proposed, not anything official. I was just predicting and waiting.

What I proposed wouldn't be like the Noah arc Deck Masters though, I proposed cards that have their own LP to get hit with and the ability to shield the player, unlike Noah's cards that make you auto-lose if they die and don't inherently cushion anything otherwise. The mechanic I invented up there also enhances the Extra Deck size but with a few conditions, and is a permanent asset of the player so if you fulfill what you need to bring it out again, it'll get "turned on" again.

Plus, Deck Masters are any other card out there rather than cards specialized for that function.

[...]

Sort of Deck Master-like mechanic:

[...]

1.) That mechanic sounds interesting (more than deck masters used to be).

2.) I would actually enjoy no Magic etc. this time around ... thought that is propably not going to happen, nevertheless it would be more interesting to have a kind of minor shock system (a far less painful version than the one Zane uses against Syrus) and have an antagonist who hacks the system, intensifying that to a life threatening situation.

As for the obligatory "Protagonist creates a card out of nowhere" ... that would be doable by having an emergency program in that VR dueling system, while that would rely on the cards being more or less virtual, it would allow the system to add a card, which fits the protagonist, to the top of his deck, as well as a printed copy to the physical deck of the protagonist.

Well those are my thoughts on this topic.

(If you are wondering why I replied to you in specific, your version sounded the most interesting and I mostly agree, so I would like to hear your opinion on this).

Just putting it out there: if we don't get a new mechanic I'll be very disappointed. Obviously we have a lot of cards like Tri-and-Guess that rely on Fusions, Synchros and Xyz being the only types of face-down cards in the Extra Deck. And they can't just errata the text because that would ruin the pun in the name.

Just putting it out there: if we don't get a new mechanic I'll be very disappointed. Obviously we have a lot of cards like Tri-and-Guess that rely on Fusions, Synchros and Xyz being the only types of face-down cards in the Extra Deck. And they can't just errata the text because that would ruin the pun in the name.

I wouldn't be disappointed. I'd actually be pleasantly surprised. I feel like Yugioh might want to slow its pace down and work with what we have. Especially since it looks like they might be starting to run out of ideas - Pendulum is obviously much less balanced, versatile, and well-designed than Synchro and Xyz, and I'd rather have no new mechanic than something half-assed.

It's too early to be worried about not getting a mechanic. We've gotten one every series so far, and there's nothing to suggest that it'll change this time.

Oh, and there better be older summoning methods present in this series as well. I don't want another Zexal where every deck is Xyz turbo.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it is best to just ignore them when they do that.

It is similar to their mysterious TCG card guess game, where they give near nothing to work with as an artificial activity influx.

Over here, there's a ton of things to be revealed. Character designs, character descriptions, ace monsters (just the looks, not even the cards). A different summary entry. A teaser. VAs.

If they revealed one teasing little thing each week until the show airs, I don't think it'd dry them out of news by then.

• 1 month later...

Might as well comment here rather than the second thread someone inexplicably started:

I Like how all this looks. Yusaku still looks a bit too much like a clone of Yuya, but his VR form is much less ugly than Yuma's ZeXal form.

His ace monster looks like junk warrior crossed with buster blader. I am ok with this.

I like his hoverboard thing, and his dueldisk looks pretty cool. too. Not sure why they didn't show the blade though.

The little monster following him (probably some sort of vr duel spirit) looks like an earthbound immortal crossed with Gagaga kid. Again, it actually looks ok.

EDIT: just realised it might be an 'unevolved' form of the ace monster; Decode talker. Talker has the same magician-style point at the back of the head, and a black and purple neon undersuit.

The Logo looks great, and due to Japanese pronunciation of V and B, will probably just sound like "brains" if it ever gets said out loud.

So, overall, happy with this. the proof, as ever, will be in the actual show quality. I wasn't expecting to hate ZeXal, or indeed to Like Arc-V based on the pics, so we'll see.

(I let Smear know about it via Discord; he already locked it and everything [though another option would've been to just merge the two topics, as it didn't generate too much discussion that would be interrupted from said merge]. But moving on...)

c/p of what I wrote in that thread because relevant.

=====
Let's see how this series goes (and also the amount of changes this is going to make to the game). Hopefully they at least give the other summon mechanics enough coverage so they don't get forgotten, but knowing the past couple generations, they really push whatever new summon method. 

Things to hope for (in summary):

• Yusaku's tolerable as a protagonist (tbf, I don't hate Yuya as a whole, but his tendency to start circus acts at the wrong times was a turnoff [i did enjoy his rage moments though]; Yuma was fine [least for me], Yusei and Jaden/Judai were good enough and only cared about Yami Yugi [well, he's the one who did most of the work])
  • Female main doesn't suck (Yuzu lost development after episode 83, Kotori sucked in ZEXAL, Aki started off good, but slowly tapered off, Asuka was fine and I can't speak for Tea/Anzu because I didn't finish watching DM)
  • New summon mechanic (if any) doesn't break the game, and the existing summon methods at least get a respectable showing. That, and the concept of VR Duels. 

As for name, probably not too surprised considering VR Duels are a thing, so makes sense. Going to be interesting to see what Decode Talker does [some people think it's another Warrior; others think differently].

(Oh right, and Yusaku looks like he came out of TRON or something in the poster)

(I let Smear know about it via Discord; he already locked it and everything [though another option would've been to just merge the two topics, as it didn't generate too much discussion that would be interrupted from said merge]. But moving on...)

c/p of what I wrote in that thread because relevant.

=====

Let's see how this series goes (and also the amount of changes this is going to make to the game). Hopefully they at least give the other summon mechanics enough coverage so they don't get forgotten, but knowing the past couple generations, they really push whatever new summon method. 

Things to hope for (in summary):

• Yusaku's tolerable as a protagonist (tbf, I don't hate Yuya as a whole, but his tendency to start circus acts at the wrong times was a turnoff [i did enjoy his rage moments though]; Yuma was fine [least for me], Yusei and Jaden/Judai were good enough and only cared about Yami Yugi [well, he's the one who did most of the work])
  • Female main doesn't suck (Yuzu lost development after episode 83, Kotori sucked in ZEXAL, Aki started off good, but slowly tapered off, Asuka was fine and I can't speak for Tea/Anzu because I didn't finish watching DM)
  • New summon mechanic (if any) doesn't break the game, and the existing summon methods at least get a respectable showing. That, and the concept of VR Duels. 

As for name, probably not too surprised considering VR Duels are a thing, so makes sense. Going to be interesting to see what Decode Talker does [some people think it's another Warrior; others think differently].

(Oh right, and Yusaku looks like he came out of TRON or something in the poster)

Wouldn't there be a problem with parents? Remember when they erased Akiza's cleavage in Season 2 Episode 10, the episode where she applied for a Duel Runner license? What if the girls of this series have to wear the same VR suits as Yuzaku?

Yusaku's ace looks like a cross between Buster Blader and Sparkman to me.

It's name is Decode Talker. And if I had to guess, in standard tradition, Decode Talker will have 2500 ATK like Dark Magician, Elemental Hero Neos, Stardust Dragon, Number 39: Utopia and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.

It'll probably have 2500/2000 stats; don't really see them deviating from the standard tradition, or rather, should be implied that its stats will be as such.

As for any females wearing VR suits, I don't think it'll be an issue. If anything, the censoring is a dub thing and most of us are likely sticking to the subbed anime, which won't do it. Then again, the suits are probably gender neutral, so wouldn't really do much. Only difference may be the color, if any.

Its name is Decode Talker. And if I had to guess, in standard tradition, Decode Talker will have 2500 ATK like Dark Magician, Elemental Hero Neos, Stardust Dragon, Number 39: Utopia and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.

I knew what its name was, I simply used less characters referring to it as Yusaku's ace, and I think we're all expecting it to have 2500 ATK tbph.

It could be that it's not a card at all, but just some VR duel spirit thing that follows him around.

As for the VR thing, I think it's really the only place they could take the evolution of field spells after the other series.

DM and GX had normal field spells

5Ds had field spell that seemed to effect the entire stadium and allow damage to the track.

ZeXal's fields were fully destructible, but only to people wearing D-gazers

Arc-V had entirely solid fields that were a legitimate danger to the people playing in them.

Vrains has an entire artificial world that the duelists play in. They may even be able to wander around in this world and meet other duelists, depending on whether they go full-MMO with this.

Archived