[spoiler=Reply]

Well, Yugioh is generally bad at keeping female characters competent in dueling (and I suppose the playerbase IRL doesn't help either, because they get trash talked and stuff at tournaments). That's why they have Princess Cup so girls can play without being harassed. (Only in Japan, and this is going slightly off-topic)

Aoi technically isn't dead beyond salvation; she can return IF Yusaku can win against Revolver and shut everything down. Same with Ghost Girl. 

But honestly, no one cares if Kitamura stays as data; he was an jabroni.

[spoiler ok]

Revolver: You don't know what happened to me. Yusaku... I am your brother.

Yusaku: Insert meme here.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Response]

Can we make a petition/poll to make this happen? I'd sign it in a heartbeat.

[spoiler=response]

If Nihon Ad Systems ever listens to fans instead of filing copyright strikes on YT or hitting Dueling Network for whatever, then sure. Not like they'd ever listen though to fans outside Japan or anything.

But then again, likely a lot of other people don't want him to return either, so...

=====

Let's see how long this arc takes to finish, and hopefully we see more Go fights (well, Aoi is currently data, and so is Ghost Girl; no fights out of them right now). But yeah, it'll probably mostly Yusaku fights for the time being.

[spoiler=response]

If Nihon Ad Systems ever listens to fans instead of filing copyright strikes on YT or hitting Dueling Network for whatever, then sure. Not like they'd ever listen though to fans outside Japan or anything.

But then again, likely a lot of other people don't want him to return either, so...

[spoiler=Response]

Yeah, though chances are he'll return anyway. Besides, I kinda said that as a joke as I am aware NAS probs don't listen to fans.

[spoiler=VRAINS 36]

• Yusaku, you funked up on the one chance you had to dent Spectre with your setup. And with that, no Storm Access for you (but it wouldn't have mattered since this isn't a Speed Duel).
    • But to be fair, Spectre was an jabroni and dragged Akira in there. He even said "don't worry about me", but you caved, Yusaku.
      • Insert "coward" comment (though yeah, Spectre technically called him this in a different form). Weak and unable to hold his convictions with a weak spirit (i.e. dog that's all barking, and no actual bite).
      • Can I compare Yusaku to another avenger who actually got his revenge, and carried through with it? 
    • As some consolation, he could've OTK'd too but Growth is broken sheet.
  • Oh yeah, and more Sunavalon/Sunvine spam hell. 
  • Excode Talker was the right choice to stop the Sunvine spam, but...because Yusaku lacked the spine to go forward, couldn't do anything.

Also yeah, these are just opinions on the episode from my perspective.

[spoiler=Predictions for next episode]

We already know Spectre's evolving his Sunavalon further, so...likely a Link 4 monster with Skulldeat markers or something. How he'll manage to win at this point remains to be seen.

Also, some general reminders:

• Respect what other users write in their episode reviews, and do not use it as a point to argue with them over how things turned out. You have your thoughts, whereas they have theirs. (Making this clear before something erupts in here and needs to be dealt with)
  • Do NOT name any anime sites that you might've found the RAW/SUBs on. 

Also, some general reminders:

• Respect what other users write in their episode reviews, and do not use it as a point to argue with them over how things turned out. You have your thoughts, whereas they have theirs. (Making this clear before something erupts in here and needs to be dealt with)
  • While Smear (and Roxas) is no longer moderator of this section, just refrain from posting direct links to anime sites. You can still note that the subs are available though.
    • This may be changed if we get a new mod for the area (as the current rulebook is antiquated).

The rules were meant to discourage people from going to websites such as Dailymotion, as they are illegal websites which in no way support the industry, while Crunchyroll is a legal streaming site that does support the industry more directly. Saying "Hey guys, go to Dailymotion", while not directly violating the text of the rules, still seems like relying on a loophole to encourage pirating shows, or worse, being overly spiteful towards legal options.

The only "antiquated" part of the rulebook is what shows it referenced as current. It certainly does need to be revised, but I'm a little wary by what you have in mind, given how often you yourself have told people to just go to DailyMotion. Even if this section no longer has a mod, I would really appreciate if you respected what Yin and I were trying to do when we wrote the rules.

This should've been saved for the other topic, Roxas, instead of using this thread. I don't encourage people to hotlink or find other places, nor have any plans on modifying the rule at all. That remark was addressing everyone who comes in here as a whole, not to chew out particular members, including the one that sparked this discussion. 

If you want to continue the discussion, please use that topic. 

====

As for on-topic matters, yeah, we're probably going to be seeing Spectre for a good while with Plant spam. He's pretty much the only KoH sans Revolver who really had any major importance to this arc. The other three should've gotten more development, but too late for that now.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 36]

- Yusaku tried to OTK using wombo combos, but Growth is some stupid sheet, and ofc Spectre had ways to expand his Links after Yusaku assumed that Spectre couldn't use Sunavalon's eff when all 3 markers were covered. At least Yusaku attempt to block this with Excode, and try to win, but Spectre called him out on his weak spirit and being able to hold his convictions by threatening to infect Akira if Yusaku dealt damage. (Another reminder why he's an jabroni)

I gotta say, Sunavalon is probably one of the most ingenious Archetypes the anime has developed in a while, and YGO in general as well, everything is designed to work so well together, the Link Monsters and how they allow them to dodge almost all attempts to get rid of them, upgrading them to become a powerful force with a simple LINK-1 monster, and all using only a few cards to begin with. I would love to play these IRL, I do hope they decide to release them.

They probably will, but likely in a side set and not main one (since all of them would take up the Link slots, or most of them thereof). But this is an issue better taken up in the TCG area.

Anyway....

[spoiler=37]

• Yusaku still wavers in conviction and it took Zaizen to "kill" himself to make Yusaku faltering. 
  • Got the Link 4 markers correct, but nothing new. 
  • Spectre had second thoughts about not killing Yusaku via letting the bridge drop. Then again, Yusaku's fate is currently uncertain at this time.
  • Meh, Yusaku won via an OTK. But then again, plot device stuff. 
  • Spectre gets to watch his "mother" burn (and yeah, Cursed Reborn did corrupt it).

I will say this, if the current opening lasts to at least episode 40, then the only openings to have lasted longer than that will be from GX and DM (99%; 71, WARRIORS; 58, Teardrop; 52, WILD DRIVE; 50, VOICE; 48). Note; I coloured the GX ones to differentiate from DM. 

Anywho;

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 37]

- Yusaku noted that if the bridge collapsed and Revolver found out that it wasn't a duel that ended him, the latter would be disappointed, thus Spectre decided to change his mind and defeat Yusaku personally.

- Yusaku realised that even though Sunavalon couldn't be attacked, since Spectre attacked with it, it gave Yusaku the opportunity to strike back.

- Yusaku still had weak conviction, though it took Akira sacrificing himself to turn said conviction to strength

- Spectre had to watch as his "mother" burned to the ground following his defeat

- Now it's a matter of waiting to see what happens next following the fall of the bridge

[spoiler=Note]

I didn't actually watch the episode yet [at this hour, it isn't available], it is apparently another clip show (and the 4th one to boot). If you skip this one, it shouldn't result in anything missed (least majorly anyway). I'll watch it to confirm it otherwise, but think it'll be stuff we should already be aware of.

VRAINS, you really need to stop doing this, especially this many times within first season.

[spoiler=Note]

I didn't actually watch the episode yet [at this hour, it isn't available], it is apparently another clip show (and the 4th one to boot). If you skip this one, it shouldn't result in anything missed (least majorly anyway). I'll watch it to confirm it otherwise, but think it'll be stuff we should already be aware of.

VRAINS, you really need to stop doing this, especially this many times within first season.

It's time to stop!

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 38]

- Great, another funking recap episode. We're like 38 episodes in and we've had 4 bloody recap episodes, bloody ridiculous tbph.

- Revolver admits that the other knights fell due to his obsession with Playmaker, though Kogami notes that once their plan is complete, Revolver needn't worry about Playmaker's identity.

- Blah blah blah, Revolver prepping for his final destined duel with Playmaker, blah.

I'm a god-damn madman. 

Fell 20 episodes behind and felt compelled to finally get off this train.

But I saw the clip where both the guys drew a bummer hand which got a real laugh out of me.

FINE funk it Yu-Gi-Oh, I'll hop back on and watch you forever until your protagonist has rainbow hair and playing card games in the 10th dimension. funk it

currently catching up

vrains should do an episode where they break the 4th wall and have the director apologize for all the problems with the show, then yusaku gives the viewer 3 reasons why they should accept the apology

Perfect plan

[spoiler=30-37 cause I just caught up]

- Spectre is the Yuri of VRAINS. Can you not go 10 seconds without making a face worthy of a dank meme?

- Also, that face Spectre makes whenever the tree's tentacles heal him... XD/D/D

- Was hoping Aoi would win, we need a sweet and shy female lead who can still fend for herself.

- RIP Aoi, and Tumblr's opinion of Yugioh, it's time for Playmaker to save the day again.

- Akira sacrificed himself to remove Specter's influence on Playmaker... You Say Run goes with this scene, anyone?

Gonna finish the last few mins of episode 37 today, had to stop that time.

[spoiler=VRAINS 039]

• Go apparently fired his manager. 
  • Massive Link spam that resulted in destruction of Topologic, but...got ended by a single Mirror Force. (And yet a certain TCG vet said that Mirror Force traps are terrible in our format...)
    • This is why you still prep for backrow and don't overstock your board. (So Go, care to explain why you didn't have a card in hand to pop backrow, or does teching MST/Twin Twisters and the like not exist in this universe?)
    • Then again, he kinda had no choice. 
  • Fact that both of them used the opponent's Up markers to do stuff, so...
    • Now you know the reason why I dislike Konami giving monsters Up markers in the EMZ, or effects that give the opponent something to do with them.
  • Somehow Yusaku got saved, but he's still drier than the total suspended solids with zero liquid I had to measure last week (so interpret what this says about Yusaku).

[spoiler=Note]

To be fair, Yusaku could've either implied Mirror Force or Trisbaena when he told Go that Revolver had a deadly card in store. Think he was going for the latter, even though Mirror Force is deadly in its own right.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359687-yu-gi-oh-vrains/page-23?p=7061603&do=findComment&comment=7061603

(I suspected it was Mirror Force, and was right. Well, most of us suspected it was a Mirror Force trap, but could only be limited to OG and Radiant.)

Vrains should do an episode where they break the 4th wall and have the director apologize for all the problems with the show, then yusaku gives the viewer 3 reasons why they should accept the apology

Sounds good to me

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 39]

- So Go's manager got fired after the latter tried stopping him going to Link Vrains, kek

- How convenient, Yusaku got saved by a data storm.

- Revolver warns Go that if he doesn't want to suffer the same fate as Blue Angel, then he should leave (Though I dunno why my first thoughts were that one guy who was unable to log out a few episodes ago).

- Both Revolver and Go used their opponent's Link monster's up arrows to help their plays, though I figured after Revolver did so, that Go would do the same

- When Go spammed those Links, Yusaku was right to be concerned about Revolver's set card since he figured that it was the one Revolver used on Ghost Girl.

- So it turns out that the "terrifying card" Revolver had was funking Mirror Force. I assumed it was, so it kinda didn't surprise me much.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 40]

VRAINS' opening is now the 6th longest running

- Go realised that he needs to fight for himself to prove that he is the strongest (The first thing I thought of was when Viper said to Jaden that he's selfish and fought for himself). Though Revolver doesn't agree with the idea of fighting for others or himself, and simply wants to carry out his goal.

- Both the new Links have ATK altering effs, but Revolver's strats trumped Go's

- As the footage got cut (conveniently I reckon, or should I say intentionally), the peeps at the orphanage believed that Go won the duel, shame they're wrong as Go lost and turned into data (RIP).

Archived