Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS

6th Series Yusaku Fujiki Hoverboard Skateboard

• Please log in to reply
639 replies to this topic

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,094 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:20 PM

I guess it is best to just ignore them when they do that.

It is similar to their mysterious TCG card guess game, where they give near nothing to work with as an artificial activity influx.

Over here, there's a ton of things to be revealed. Character designs, character descriptions, ace monsters (just the looks, not even the cards). A different summary entry. A teaser. VAs.

If they revealed one teasing little thing each week until the show airs, I don't think it'd dry them out of news by then.

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

-kyo-

-kyo-

Buster Soldier

• Advanced Members
  • 846 posts
    Last Visit Sep 25 2018 06:50 PM

according to anime news network the new show is called VRAINS (probably an acronym)

http://www.animenews...details/.112302

i make anime only yugioh cards

http://exile0025.deviantart.com/

Timeline15

Timeline15

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 259 posts
    Last Visit Mar 17 2018 05:33 AM

Might as well comment here rather than the second thread someone inexplicably started:

I Like how all this looks. Yusaku still looks a bit too much like a clone of Yuya, but his VR form is much less ugly than Yuma's ZeXal form.

His ace monster looks like junk warrior crossed with buster blader. I am ok with this.

I like his hoverboard thing, and his dueldisk looks pretty cool. too. Not sure why they didn't show the blade though.

The little monster following him (probably some sort of vr duel spirit) looks like an earthbound immortal crossed with Gagaga kid. Again, it actually looks ok.

EDIT: just realised it might be an 'unevolved' form of the ace monster; Decode talker. Talker has the same magician-style point at the back of the head, and a black and purple neon undersuit.

The Logo looks great, and due to Japanese pronunciation of V and B, will probably just sound like "brains" if it ever gets said out loud.

So, overall, happy with this. the proof, as ever, will be in the actual show quality. I wasn't expecting to hate ZeXal, or indeed to Like Arc-V based on the pics, so we'll see.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

(I let Smear know about it via Discord; he already locked it and everything [though another option would've been to just merge the two topics, as it didn't generate too much discussion that would be interrupted from said merge]. But moving on...)

c/p of what I wrote in that thread because relevant.

=====
Let's see how this series goes (and also the amount of changes this is going to make to the game). Hopefully they at least give the other summon mechanics enough coverage so they don't get forgotten, but knowing the past couple generations, they really push whatever new summon method. 

Things to hope for (in summary):

• Yusaku's tolerable as a protagonist (tbf, I don't hate Yuya as a whole, but his tendency to start circus acts at the wrong times was a turnoff [I did enjoy his rage moments though]; Yuma was fine [least for me], Yusei and Jaden/Judai were good enough and only cared about Yami Yugi [well, he's the one who did most of the work])
  • Female main doesn't suck (Yuzu lost development after episode 83, Kotori sucked in ZEXAL, Aki started off good, but slowly tapered off, Asuka was fine and I can't speak for Tea/Anzu because I didn't finish watching DM)
  • New summon mechanic (if any) doesn't break the game, and the existing summon methods at least get a respectable showing. That, and the concept of VR Duels. 

As for name, probably not too surprised considering VR Duels are a thing, so makes sense. Going to be interesting to see what Decode Talker does [some people think it's another Warrior; others think differently].

(Oh right, and Yusaku looks like he came out of TRON or something in the poster)

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,425 posts
    Last Visit 39 minutes ago
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

Yusaku's ace looks like a cross between Buster Blader and Sparkman to me.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,265 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:55 PM

(I let Smear know about it via Discord; he already locked it and everything [though another option would've been to just merge the two topics, as it didn't generate too much discussion that would be interrupted from said merge]. But moving on...)

c/p of what I wrote in that thread because relevant.

=====
Let's see how this series goes (and also the amount of changes this is going to make to the game). Hopefully they at least give the other summon mechanics enough coverage so they don't get forgotten, but knowing the past couple generations, they really push whatever new summon method. 

Things to hope for (in summary):

• Yusaku's tolerable as a protagonist (tbf, I don't hate Yuya as a whole, but his tendency to start circus acts at the wrong times was a turnoff [I did enjoy his rage moments though]; Yuma was fine [least for me], Yusei and Jaden/Judai were good enough and only cared about Yami Yugi [well, he's the one who did most of the work])
  • Female main doesn't suck (Yuzu lost development after episode 83, Kotori sucked in ZEXAL, Aki started off good, but slowly tapered off, Asuka was fine and I can't speak for Tea/Anzu because I didn't finish watching DM)
  • New summon mechanic (if any) doesn't break the game, and the existing summon methods at least get a respectable showing. That, and the concept of VR Duels. 

As for name, probably not too surprised considering VR Duels are a thing, so makes sense. Going to be interesting to see what Decode Talker does [some people think it's another Warrior; others think differently].

(Oh right, and Yusaku looks like he came out of TRON or something in the poster)

Wouldn't there be a problem with parents? Remember when they erased Akiza's cleavage in Season 2 Episode 10, the episode where she applied for a Duel Runner license? What if the girls of this series have to wear the same VR suits as Yuzaku?

Yusaku's ace looks like a cross between Buster Blader and Sparkman to me.

It's name is Decode Talker. And if I had to guess, in standard tradition, Decode Talker will have 2500 ATK like Dark Magician, Elemental Hero Neos, Stardust Dragon, Number 39: Utopia and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

It'll probably have 2500/2000 stats; don't really see them deviating from the standard tradition, or rather, should be implied that its stats will be as such.

As for any females wearing VR suits, I don't think it'll be an issue. If anything, the censoring is a dub thing and most of us are likely sticking to the subbed anime, which won't do it. Then again, the suits are probably gender neutral, so wouldn't really do much. Only difference may be the color, if any.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,425 posts

Its name is Decode Talker. And if I had to guess, in standard tradition, Decode Talker will have 2500 ATK like Dark Magician, Elemental Hero Neos, Stardust Dragon, Number 39: Utopia and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.

I knew what its name was, I simply used less characters referring to it as Yusaku's ace, and I think we're all expecting it to have 2500 ATK tbph.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Hollow Knight

• Survivor
  • 9,060 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Zaziuma#4720

I don't really get it, why do they need VR when they were literally riding them during Arc-V? I wonder what they mean by it not being a monster, are we getting some new type of card that's neither monster, spell or trap? That would be interesting, and something we haven't really seen before.

Timeline15

Timeline15

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 259 posts
    Last Visit Mar 17 2018 05:33 AM

It could be that it's not a card at all, but just some VR duel spirit thing that follows him around.

As for the VR thing, I think it's really the only place they could take the evolution of field spells after the other series.

DM and GX had normal field spells

5Ds had field spell that seemed to effect the entire stadium and allow damage to the track.

ZeXal's fields were fully destructible, but only to people wearing D-gazers

Arc-V had entirely solid fields that were a legitimate danger to the people playing in them.

Vrains has an entire artificial world that the duelists play in. They may even be able to wander around in this world and meet other duelists, depending on whether they go full-MMO with this.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Hollow Knight

• Survivor
  • 9,060 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Zaziuma#4720

It could be that it's not a card at all, but just some VR duel spirit thing that follows him around.

It just seems weird to me that they mention it being a monster on YGOrg and it's in quotes.

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,265 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:55 PM

As for the VR thing, I think it's really the only place they could take the evolution of field spells after the other series.

DM and GX had normal field spells

5Ds had field spell that seemed to effect the entire stadium and allow damage to the track.

ZeXal's fields were fully destructible, but only to people wearing D-gazers

Arc-V had entirely solid fields that were a legitimate danger to the people playing in them.

Vrains has an entire artificial world that the duelists play in. They may even be able to wander around in this world and meet other duelists, depending on whether they go full-MMO with this.

Kinda feels like Chaotic. 

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,425 posts

Perhaps it's both.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Text-Perimentation~ Extraordinaire!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,485 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:11 PM

ayayai~ things do passed when i was asleep

well no much information other than some plot and some design...but i guess is better than nothing

so another "spirit tag-alone" eh...but this time its implying a run-away VR entites

Decode Talker is quite cool sounding name...aaaaannnnndddd my sleep sicken brain some how correlate this name with either Kamen Rider Decade or Delta

Yusaku VR avatar design looks fine other than that humongous non-aerodynamic Hoverboard of his ...but to be fair its VR world, i suppose to not having problem with worlds that you can set to remove the laws of friction and turbulence yadayada...i forgot the exact name of the law

JamesMuddy

JamesMuddy

King of the Swaaaaamp

• Elite Members
  • 1,423 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:36 AM
  • Alias:JamesMuddy

This looks cool and all, but a Duel Links anime would be similar and still have all the characters we know and love! Though I guess I could see them reserving it for a movie or something for one huge crossover movie. That'd be dope.

Posted Image

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,425 posts

And if I had to guess, in standard tradition, Decode Talker will have 2500 ATK like Dark Magician, Neos, Stardust, Utopia and Odd-Eyes.

With its reveal, the card breaks that trend as it only has 2300 ATK, though this could be like Junk Warrior and Yusaku gets a new ace some time down the line with 2500, but at this moment in time. Decode Talker is a trend breaker.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

With its reveal, the card breaks that trend as it only has 2300 ATK, though this could be like Junk Warrior and Yusaku gets a new ace some time down the line with 2500, but at this moment in time. Decode Talker is a trend breaker.

I'm probably going on the assumption that he does get a "standard" ace (that likely ends up as the cover for COTD), but we'll have to see in the future. 

And we were all hoping Konami wouldn't make another Extra Deck mechanic, let alone one that is a reset button in terms of play. (Well, blame the new rules and all too).

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,425 posts

I'm probably going on the assumption that he does get a "standard" ace (that likely ends up as the cover for COTD), but we'll have to see in the future. 

As was the case with 5Ds and Arc-V.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

~ P O L A R I S ~

~ P O L A R I S ~

love

• Senior Members

• 9,789 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:28 PM

Because they do not have DEF, Link Monsters cannot be affected by any cards that would change them to Defense Position, such as Book of Moon.

Interesting. I'd assume they can't be Summoned in Defense Position either. 

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

Interesting. I'd assume they can't be Summoned in Defense Position either. 

Yeah, you can't. (Wikia has it as you must summon this in Attack Position, and can't use it to block your LP if the opponent fields a larger monster than your Link Monster)

Then again, it wouldn't really make sense for it to be in Defense Position without any set stat to speak of (and can't assume it's 0). 

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users