[spoiler=76 & 77]

Basicly just fillers, I do not like Trickstars, so I do not like Aoi (blame Yuya for actually connecting a character and their deck for me).

The game between Blood Shepherd and Ghost Girl is kind of meh, both get a Synchro, however Ghost Girl's and Blood Shepherd's synchro feel like they are just written for that situation (maybe Blood Shepherd's less, given that it can actually attack directly and use General to hit for 3k).

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=OP Duelists]VRAINS just feels like the Playmaker & Revolver show. They are invincible to a comical degree. I'm certainly no YGO newbie, I know that main characters basically never lose (they tried really hard to keep Yusei's record clean, after all, and Yugi can defy even logic itself to win games...) but it feels like most of the time they already have their winning strategy in place from the start. They don't ever seem to be nervous, and basically make fools of their opponents "perfect" strategies as they blow them apart.

Part of the issue probably stems from Storm Access, which is the same mistake that ZeXal had with Shining Draw - the writers are tacitly admitting up front that they can, and will, make anything they need to escape whatever peril may befall them. Again, I know it's par for the course that the hero always has exactly the card they need, but it feels wrong on a different level when they simply (literally) pull them out of the air.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=79 & 80]

Lightning cannot be the villain of this show (at least not the final), given that his archtype (while being interesting and good) is not ridiculous and straight up broken beyond words.

The duel is actually not too short.

Lightning's deck focuses on Link Summoning, abusing his very powerful Field Spell and has a ridiculous Link 3 (as all Ignis, which duel on their own [see Windy, Lightning and Earth]).

I was actually surprised once I saw the blowout effect is the one of Armatos Legio Legatus Legionis's effect (also that name sounds just silly).

Someone actually removes Judgement Arrows (and unlike Bohman Lightning does not need it).

Actually is Armatos Legio Legatus Legionis not the first monster to be able to affect a linked Spell Card ?

I like the fact that Lightning's main deck monsters (while being Link accelerators) are able to support the Link monsters and add effects to them.

I really like the design on Lightning's archtype, especially the Link-non-Link formations.

Also there has to be the obligatory "oh no, Blood Shepherd lost, who would have guessed ?" part.

Fortress Drone Beehive is interesting, though obviously exploitable, I am surprised Lightning does not need to exploit it with his last move (see that pathetic move of Gore against Earth with an inferior Mystical Space Typhoon to win without any noteworthy monsters).

Though I have to admit I would like to see more different Link Spells, always Judgement Arrows, which is not even searchable is not very intriguing (though in case this is similar to the case With Rank-Up-Magic Barian's Force it is fine).

I really like the game, it is actually almost comparable to the game between Go Onizuka (before he became a pseudo-edgelord and whiny loser) and Revolver (which I liked far more than the Yusaku against Revolver duels (in fact all of them together are worse than that single game)).

*phew* FINALLY caught up on the last 10 episodes of Vrains

Mega

qmDRyZ5.png(x10)

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS episodes 71-80 (does contain 10 separate spoilers)]

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 71]
- We didn't need a 4 minute recap of the previous 2 episodes, but oh well
- So what Lightning means by putting humans under their control is to imprison them inside of their own consciousness like he did with Jin, by getting Bohman to acquire said consciousness
- Playmaker deduces that Lightning was the one who gave Judgment Arrows to Bohman, thus Lightning was the one who destroyed Cyberse world (classic strat, destroying from within and cover your tracks)
- Lightning says to Revolver that even though he had foresight of the future, he still pulled the trigger thus confirming in his eyes that humans and Ignis are incompatible (don't generlise all of humanity Lightning).
 - Though Lightning couldn't understand why some Ignis (Flame and Aqua) would still want to coexist, and then declares that Flame and Ai are error codes and since he says that the pair of them have diversities that he can't understand, he accept that as there'd be scope for unpredictable evolution.
- Lightning declares war on humans as a peaceful solution is no longer possible (That much was obvious as was previously established), though he also wants to heal Windy following the virus that KoH put inside it.
- As Playmaker/Soulburner give chase, Revolver contacts SOL who sends Blood Shepherd and the two non-Go peeps
- Lightning reveals that he was the one who saved Playmaker/Ai following the duel with Spectre. (Also he was essentially using them given whilst Playmaker/Ai dealt with Hanoi, Lightning was taking care of Cyberse world)
- Whilst Lightning sends a bunch of Bits/Boots to deal with the Bounty Hunters/BS, Bohman (who Lightning says is nearing perfection) wants to duel Playmaker for the umpteen billionth time
- Bohman is revealed to be a 3rd gen AI, with Bit/Boot being gen 1 and Haru gen 2. He also says that when he first met Playmaker/Ai, he was in the awakening process and that he knows Lightning isn't perfect and created Bohman to be the vessel that unifies Ignis to one
- Bohman challenges Playmaker. If Playmaker wins, he'll prove humanity's superiority, Bohman disappears and Lightning's plans can be stopped (key word being "can")

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 72]
- Bohman suggests a contest to see who goes first/second, though Ai says that Bohman should go first as his deck works best going second. Nevertheless, Bohman wins the race and goes second (as expected)
- Bohman says that he destroyed Cyberse world (bullshit), to which Playmaker says that he's doing it to get to Ai (Sounds about right, getting into your opponent's head, nothing unusual there)
- Playmaker deploys wombo combos to try and survive Bohman's Judgment Arrows turn by summoning his Ritual and making it immune to destruction
- Bohman's new toys are interesting to get into the Link-3, nevertheless Playmaker manages to survive despite losing the equip that gave his monster immunity
- Ai gets a feeling that wants him to defeat Bohman like "NOW", thus Playmaker employs an OTK strat to do so, but of course those efforts would be stopped by a convenient trap.
- Bohman notes that the OTK strat isn't Playmaker's style and that Ai has instinct, saying that he truly is a special AI

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 73]
- Bohman says that due to Ai's instincts, Lightning and the other Ignis had been observing him and learned senses by watching Ai. He also is interested into where Ai's instincts came from.
- Bohman uses Storm Access to grab a Link-4 Hydradrive and cheeses it out by using his trap to summon it (Because why would you summon it conventially)
- Bohman's new Link has a quick effect that allows him to roll a die and send all enemy monsters with the corresponding attribute to the GY (does he think he's Joey Wheeler now?  Kappa  ). Nevertheless Ai states that luck strats are unlike an AI
- Playmaker manages to survive the turn by using Resume Mace's effect in conjunction with Dotscaper/Linkuriboh
- So Neo Storm Access allows you to add any Cyberse extra deck monster (I suppose that differentiates Playmaker from Revolver/Bohman)
- Playmaker utilises Cyberse Quantum to get rid of the Link-4 and attempt to go for game, but Bohman's new quick play ends the duel in a draw
- Revolver appears before Yusaku in the real world to give him a program that protects him/Ai from attacks stating that it's easier to give it in person than over the net.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 74]
- Go has some experiments done on him and with SOL's simulations, Playmaker doesn't stand a chance (against what, pleb-tier rarity.dek  Kappa  )
- Playmaker/Ai decides to tell Akira what has been going on from inside a warehouse (It's always a bloody warehouse isn't it?), though Flame doesn't trust him (can't blame him to be fair). Playmaker says that Lightning could cause more damage to Link Vrains and that they're counting on Akira to save Link Vrains just in case
- Akira relays what Playmaker told him to Emma/Aoi, asking them to be on the lookout for the two "neutral" Ignis (they're not bloody neutral, though whether they'll assist Ai/Flame remains to be seen)
- Earth is able to locate Aqua who had been imprisoned by Lightning as the latter wanted her out of the way to achieve his plans.
 - I wonder when we'll find out her Lost Incident partner
- As they're escaping, Earth pushes Aqua so that Go (who had seemingly lost weight, becoming a shadow of what he once was) couldn't obtain her
- Earth "wastes" a link material, but his plays end up with the Dolmen/Crystal Heart co-link, so we can overlook that (Though I have to admit, my first thoughts was that Earth's Link-2 looked like a monolith from Mischief Makers for some bloody reason)
- Go has this new ability called Brain Hack and summons a fusion with a one time immunity to battle/effect destruction (still doesn't change the fact that it involves to pleb-tier rarity.dek, and inb4 it's a common when it comes out)

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 75]
- Yup, Chimera T Wrextle's effect certainly screams pleb-tier to me
- Go is revealed to have had an AI implanted into his brain, essentially becoming a shadow of who he used to be, though the effects of having said AI in his brain are taxing on his body (I don't care if according to Queen it'll help bring in the readies in the future, it's still dangerous)
- At least earth does have more main deck monsters in his deck, which helps with his skill (Rock You isn't that funny of a name to be fair) and his Link-4's effect
- Earth decides that he will fight humans after seeing how dangerous Go has become
- Blue Girl arrives wanting to help the Ignis (how community minded of her)
- Thanks to his brain hacking nonsense, Go creates a skill that negates other skills (broken), which essentially stopped Earth going for game.
- I wasn't expecting a Dinowrestler synchro, though it seems less pleb-tier than the fusion as it stands.
- I figured Go would win, though before he got the chance to fight Playmaker, Queen forcibly logs him out considering he acquired an Ignis.
- As Earth is dissected, his memories begin to fade and once he is killed, other Ignis, and even Spectre (who was his Lost Incident partner) felt it. Press F for feels
(I think I might have an idea of who Aqua's Lost Incident partner is from the preview of 76, it'd have to be related to Aoi somewhat)

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 76]
- Aoi asks Akira what an Ignis is and Akira says that they do have free will and that even if humans created them, it doesn't give them the right to do whatever they want.
- Revolver tells Yusaku that earth was decompiled and mentions that because SOL didn't fully understand the Ignis algorithm, Earth cannot be restored. Ai asks how he knows that to which Yusaku figures out that there is a Hanoi spy at SOL. Ai mentions that he's starting to hate humans now.
- Aoi starts to remember a girl that she used she used to play with, Miyu (and of course since her eyes were originally covered, she must be important  Kappa  ) but when Aoi covered for Miyu after she accidently dropped her mum's ring down a drain, Aoi wasn't allowed to see her.
- Aqua creates a grave for earth, and just as she says that she can't fully reject humans, Blood Shepherd (who won't let AIs control/conquer humans) destroys the grave and attempts to destroy Aqua, having locked onto her by analysing the Ignis Algorithm. At least Aoi saves Aqua at the last minute
- As she is saved, Aqua mentions that this is the second time that Aoi has saved her
- Miyu (Aqua's Lost Incident partner) has been in a deep sleep due to a powerful virus made by Lightning (That bloke knows how to take precautions)
- Huh, so it turned out that Blood Shepherd and Emma are siblings, well then...
- Blood Shepherd challenges Ghost Girl to a player kill duel, where the loser has their account erased and forbidden from re-entering Link Vrains. (RIP Ghost Girl as I know that BS is still in the plot, and by extension Altergeist support)
 - Blimey, starting to dislike BS more

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 77]
- Technically Blood Shepherd is Ghost Girl's half brother, ok
 - Kengo didn't like that his dad chose work over his family, even leaving them after getting rich (jerk) and by the time he saw his dad again, he had a new fam
- Ghost Girl using Infinite Impermanence? Meta strategy right there (It's like she's a competitive Altergeist player  Kappa  ), even building a board revolving around Hexstia. I do like the synchro though, recurring itself after using its effect so Hexstia's boost doesn't go away
- After failing to OTK him, Blood Shepherd declares that he will win this coming turn (confident much?)
- Aoi mentions to Aqua that Miyu changed her as she closed herself off following the death of her parents
- I have to say, Blood Shepherd certainly prepared for the Altergeist matchup by having a drone specific Super Poly that synchro summons to further his plays and essentially win the duel after a 6 and a half minute turn of to'ing and throwing
- As Blood Shepherd goes to delete Ghost Girl's account, she tells him that his father was always worried about him. BS decides not to delete her account and sods off
- Aqua joins with Aoi and she rebrands herself again, this time to Blue Maiden

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 78]
- Kengo says that Go becoming a human-AI hybrid was foolish and wonders what SOL is planning by acquiring an Ignis
- Knowing that he's a skilled hacker, Ryoken is aware that Kengo could be trouble if he becomes their enemy
- Kengo finds out that SOL plans to create a new AI with free will, a high-performance Ignis, something that astonishes Akira. He also informs him that if that is what they were planning, then he was hired under false pretences. (Fancy way of saying he's handing in his notice)
- Spectre informs Ryoken that Lightning's crew are hiding and that they're scouring the network to find them, whilst Ryoken says that he can draw them out by recruiting the likes of Blood Shepherd for instance
- In Link Vrains, Revolver is aware about who Blood Shepherd is and about his desire for revenge against the AI and also informs him about the Ignis declaring war on the humans
- And Revolver's streak of using OG era traps continues as he now has Imperial Order as a check against Link Spells which he warns Blood Shepherd about
 - Revolver also mentions that the AI are likely to attack Blood Shepherd due to him hating them, hence the warning
- As expected, Revolver wins the duel and he tells Blood Shepherd that in his current state, he can't defeat the Link Spells.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 79]
- Lightning acknowledges that if Revolver and Blood Shepherd team up, it won't be good for them, thus decides to act as he believes Blood Shepherd is the weakest
- As Windy is recovering (not completely given what the virus did to him), Lightning tells him what had happened in episodes 75/76 and asks him to go the designated location (That must be where the plot will head to next then)
- Ghost Girl laments that they don't have enough numbers to find where Lightning is hiding and intended to get Blood Shepherd to join them, but he refused (He's not a lone wolf for nothing, and he is riding the bad idea drone)
- Lightning and Blood Shepherd have a debate over who is less perfect, though Lightning points out how humans have limited life spans and don't try to avoid it (Yeah, it's called life and death, of course humans can't stop it) and that the idea of human supremacy won't accept that others can be superior
- Lightning explains that whoever loses the duel will have all of their data taken including consciousness data (RIP Blood Shepherd's existence then), though if Blood Shepherd wins, he can do whatever he wants
- I'm not surprised Lightning intended for Playmaker and the others to watch the duel so he can demonstrate the superiority of Ignis over humans by beating the unnecessary weed that is Blood Shepherd
- Not gonna lie, I'm kinda interested in Lightning's deck due to it being roman-themed, similar to Dragunity, a deck I mained years ago
- At least Blood Shepherd was able to get rid of Judgment Arrows, though Lightning had ways to protect his board from the negative effect of the card

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 80]
- Revolver figured that Lightning anticipated that his Link Spell was going to get destroyed, more so when Lightning returned it back into his deck to further his plays
- Blood Shepherd certainly knew what he was doing, even having foresight to think ahead (i.e. prepping his board to bring back the Link-2 to make his continuous spell live)
- I have to admit, Lightning's Link 3 is pretty nutty, and with its effect, it proves that Lightning doesn't necessarily need Judgment arrows to win
- I do like the idea of Lightning's deck though, the main deck monsters being able to support the Link monsters and utilising the field spell to help achieve said support (I do kinda want to build the deck now)
- Fortressdrone Beehive is rather interesting (and exploitable), definitely fits with the theme. (Of course with it being a Beehive, that pretty much means we won't be getting his deck IRL given we didn't get the bee-themed deck from Arc-V  Kappa  )
 - And of course he'd have a Super Poly-esque fusion spell as well
- I'm not surprised Blood Shepherd lost (the plot couldn't have Lightning lose yet of course)
 - All in all, Blood Shepherd paid the price for acting on his own. I suppose Revolver was right in episode 78: in his current state, he can't defeat the Link Spells (technically he did, but it wasn't enough to win as Revolver stated that even he made no mistakes, the better player won).
- I will say this though, I am glad we got a longer duel tbph seeing as the previous two Blood Shepherd duels only lasted a grand total of 3 turns each.

EDIT (Thursday):

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 81]

- Whilst more experiments are happening, Go claims that he can no longer lose and see the formula for victory in any duel. (Silly Go, PSYQualia doesn't exist in Yugioh  Kappa  , and besides deus ex machina exists)
- At the food truck, Yusaku, Takeru and Kusanagi notice an Ignis algorithm with the attribute of Earth. They debate whether Earth is still alive despite being captured by SOL and ponder if it escaped, and thus head to Link Vrains to investigate (Gee, I wonder if that's a trap)
- When Playmaker/Soulburner enters Link Vrains, Akira asks if Queen is sending in Go and points out how dangerous it is, but it's obvious that Queen only cares about data and growing the business (That's showing questionable business acumen tbph)
- Go still seems hung up about the past when the Tower of Hanoi is brought up and refuses to listen to what Playmaker has to say and goes on to say that once he beats him, then he can go back to being a proud duelist (Given what has happened to him, that is pretty much impossible tbf)
- Playmaker intends to OTK Go so that he wouldn't need to worry about the Anti Skill, but his efforts are stopped and Go implies that Playmaker is scared of him
- Go uses a new spell that makes his Pleb-tier monsters the same as Playmaker's and uses them to summon Crystal Heart and everyone is shocked that he has it.
- It is revealed that the earth Ignis data was inserted into Go and Ryoken muses that it is something that SOL (or Queen) would do. Meanwhile Akira is not happy about it, but Queen continues to justify her decisions
- On another note, I forgot that Systegosaur (which we got in Soul Fusion) hadn't appeared in the anime yet.

EDIT (Friday 21st December):

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 82]
- When I saw the Xyz monster (I kinda wish I didn't to be fair), I figured Playmaker was going to bring out Firewall, opting to do so to get around Valeonyx after Security failed, but of course Go had measures to counter that. (Him and his fake PSYQualia)
- Go decides to bounce Pleb T Wrextle himself and resummon it so that it can get stronger via Crystal Heart with the intention of beating Playmaker that turn (Final turn my ass), but Playmaker protects Linkuriboh and his LP, putting him in range to use his skill
- Akira notes that Go is in danger and demands him to be logged out forcefully, but Queen refuses the request. (Giving no shits as usual)
- Playmaker attempts to Neo Storm Access, but Anti Skill negated that, something that Playmaker expected as he had a card that burns Go if he drew monsters outside the draw phase (I'm liking this forward thinking), even then it is countered by Go who expected said counter.
- So Neo Storm Access has another effect, if it failed to add a card, Playmaker is able to perform a regular Storm Access and draw a card, but it requires 100 or less LP (How convenient)
- By getting rid of World Dino Wrestling, Playmaker can attack with both his monsters, but Go forces Firewall to attack first which would win the game, but Playmaker saw to thayt and was able to win.
- Ai tries to retrieve Earth's data, but Akira forcefully logs out Go, which angers Queen, but at least Akira cares about what happens to Go (explaining that if he didn't log him out, it'd make SOL murderers), unlike Queen who only cares about results.
 - Y'know, as much as I don't like to admit it, but I'm starting to miss Kitamura, and he was a douche
- At least Crystal Heart returned to its rightful owner, Aqua.

• 1 month later...

Triple

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 83]

- What is a Team Rocket mech doing in Vrains?  Kappa  .
- After contemplating whether to upload Brave Max's garbage, the Frog & Bird need to get more stuff regarding Playmaker otherwise they'll be bankrupt (Though to be fair, they did use their future bonuses on that room. Also at this point I was like "this is going to be another recap episode isn't it?")
- Recaps aside, Yusaku ays that once the war is over, the Ignis should hide away from the net so that they won't be used again or dragged into a future human/ai dispute.
- When Playmaker/Soulburner are spotted in Vrains, the Bird & Frog follow and Frog boy reveals he borrowed more of their bonuses to get a missile so they can catch up with them (Great use of money that is, using it on a one-time use item)
- Revolver places a barrier around the group so that outsiders cannot get info on the coming conversation.
- Revolver wants to recruit Playmaker and co to stop Lightning's group, but Soulburner has a hissy fit and wants revenge for messing up his life.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 84]
- Soulburner let anger cloud his judgment and foolishly offered Flame as an ante in the duel, which in itself was dumb, with Revolver passing turn and almost getting OTK'd, though he had a feeling that Soulburner wouldn't finish him off
- Revolver decides to reveal his identity and Playmaker fills in the blanks regarding the Lost Incident to Soulburner, and reminds the group that they'll only be working together until Lightning is defeated
- To search out Lightning, Revolver intends to revive the Tower of Hanoi, which was why he wanted Blood Shepherd as he needed someone who has knowledge of Ignis algorithms, nevertheless, the group decide to help
- I did find it amusing that Revolver knew that they were followed and captured the Frog & Bird
- Flame wondered why Soulburner was invited in the first place, mentioning that he only needed to speak to Playmaker and the others (He does have a point tbf). He figured out that Revolver knew that Soulburner would be angry, yet still invited him as a means of apologising for the Lost Incident
- Blah blah blah, exchanges between Bohman/Haru and Ai/Roboppi, blah
- Kusanagi makes a program that can broadcast their status no matter how strong security is (neat program)
- Ghost Girl remains in Link Vrains just in case something happens there, whilst Spectre says that the Lieutenants were left behind as outside backup (smart)
- The scan from the tower reveals a mirror world of Link Vrains (Which technically we knew the existence of in the current ending theme that began in October) that was hidden within Link Vrains data, and Lightning was surprised that they found it as quick as they did.
- Revolver initially refused to let the frog & bird to come as it's too dangerous, but they persuaded him to come anyway.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 85]
- Upon arrival in Mirror Link Vrains, Spectre releases the Frog & Bird (was that really a good idea?) and the group gets ambushed by a bunch of BitBoots (Pillbugs)
- Lightning gives Haru info on Blue Maiden, including the fact that Aoi and Akira are stepsiblings, something that appears to be the theme of the episode. He then has him fight her to buy time (Mainly due to what he said in the last episode with the group arriving earlier than expected)
- Haru is warned by Bohman that if you lose in Mirror Link Vrains you get erased, though Haru doesn't care as long as he never sees him again
- Since Blue Maiden has Aqua, it makes sense that she'd use a new deck (RIP Trickstars), specifically a WATER Cyberse strategy and I like how this deck works with in-hand effects to get around Twin Hydradrive
 - On another note, my first thoughts on her new deck was (It's basically Bermuda Triangle isn't it?)
- Of course Haru also uses Hydradrives, though he does comment that it was his originally and he taught Bohman how to duel
- Aqua says that Lightning used brotherhood to control Bohman and Blue Maiden says that Haru doesn't understand that despite the fact her and Akira aren't blood siblings, the memories they shared aren't a designation unlike the designation that Haru and Bohman were "brothers"
- Haru utilises a combo that would finish off Blue Maiden in one fell swoop, but it fails due to Blue Maiden using a trap to negate Coolant's effect and get rid of it as the equip forces an attack
- And with a new deck comes a new skill that allows Blue Maiden to resurrect a WATER monster from her GY when she takes damage
- Since Seastar's effect isn't a hard OPT (that's something I suppose), Blue Maiden was able to beat down Twin Hydradrive (after its effect was negated by the Trap she added back to her hand) and burn Haru with a Trap that burned for 1200 via the in-hand effect and 1000 for its other eff (She just can't escape burn damage can she, even with a WATER-based strategy  Kappa  )
- With Haru losing, he gets erased, but not before remembering good times with Bohman

EDIT:
[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 86]
- Link Vrains realigns with Mirror Link Vrains which causes the feed from Kusanagi's and the Hanoi's end to cut out and the boards that the group in MLV (Just going to refer to it as that now) to cease working and they end up trapped in different areas
- Kusanagi's program activates which feeds visuals from MLV to him and the Hanoi after he sends it to them. Though the Hanoi plan to use that as a foothold to hack into MLV
- Windy captured Frog & Bird and forces them to broadcast what they want (to Playmaker's group) otherwise they go boom. (Not sure if they're aware of Kusanagi's program at this moment in time)
- Lightning hunts down Spectre as it deduces that he is the weakest.
- Spectre says that he'll defeat anyone who interferes with Revolver (Nope, he's donion rings), and Lightning says that Spectre has given up his free will, to which he says otherwise and chats about how he's aware of his weakness (This was established in the Tower of Hanoi arc)
- As free will is the buzzword of this episode, Spectre notes that since Lightning (and the other Ignis) have free will, power struggles will happen. Lightning notes that Spectre is talking alot about AI to which Spectre replies that he felt an emptiness after the loss of Earth
- Spectre mentions that if the Ignis stayed quiet, then Earth wouldn't have vanished, but Lightning flips over that thought and says if they did that, would the KoH leave them alone, to which it answers, no.
- Using Judgment Arrows and new Links with convenient arrows, Lightning makes an Extra Link turn 1, noting that Spectre's deck relies on having a Link monster on board and thus his extra deck is locked
- Spectre has a new toy that conveniently ganks Judgment Arrows for himself and establishes a board to break the Extra Link, freeing up an EMZ so he can get out his big tree. Meanwhile Lightning has taken no damage.
- Spectre notes that Lightning is arrogant and figures that the cause of it is a complex, assuming that Lightning has a secret it has not told anyone (and he knows he's right as Lightning doesn't answer)

• 1 month later...

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 87]

- Lightning says that it had underestimated Spectre, and the latter agrees saying that it should accept defeat
- Ignis would rather see both lose (I can see why given Spectre is a KoH), but at this moment in time wants Spectre to win
- Lightning sets up increased defence on his turn as prep for next turn
- Spectre sets up an extra link of his own (even filling his board with them briefly) and goes on to say that watching Playmaker vs Revolver 20 billion times allowed such a beautiful board to be realised. Unfortunately Lightning's defences meant he survives the turn
- Lightning notes that Spectre is arrogant ("Your arrogance!") and says that he knew Spectre would steal Judgment Arrows and proceeds to break Spectre's board
 - Step 1: Point out that the Big Tree isn't immune to effect removal and proceeds to get rid of it.
 - Step 2: Get Judgment Arrows back, to do that he brings out a card that can bounce stuff
  - Oh Smeg, Dragunity Dux has evolved into a Firewall Elephant. At least this Firewall is archetype restricted, but still
- Spectre points out that Plunder prevents itself and Arrows from being targeted, but Dragunity Militum's Cyberse cousin negates all that and Lightning breaks the board and wins
- Upon Spectre's defeat, he becomes an orb that Jin was about to break, but Lightning says that the weak has its uses

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 88]
- Windy wants to take down Revolver, but Lightning says that he wants him to take out Soulburner first
- As Soulburner is cornered, Windy shows up. Flame thinks that Windy is scared of Revolver, whilst Soulburner assumes that Windy thinks he is weaker (Which is bullshit given Salad boys are meta)
- Flame informs Soulburner that he plans to use Windy's emotions to their advantage after Windy's duel with Revolver
- Windy sees that Soulburner is using cards from the structure deck and uses his cards' effects to his advantage by funking with Soulburner's cards
- Soulburner goes performs some conventional plays, but as soon as he plays Sanctuary, Flame warns him not to rush
- So this week's buzzword is "nuisance" as Windy calls Soulburner a nuisance and offed his Lost Incident partner as he was being a nuisance (I mean with hair somewhat similar to the posh shithead Bastion, I'd have offed him too)
- Soulburner asks Windy how it felt to off his partner and Windy felt nothing. Soulburner says that everyone felt despair day after day but held on to some hope for their rescue and berates Windy for stealing his partner's hope because he was a nuisance. Though Windy wants Flame to understand that partners are pointless
- Windy was able to stop Soulburner's plays and proceeded to whittle down his board on the following turn. (Though Lightning says that Windy shouldn't let down his guard)

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 89]
- When Soulburner activated an equip that can spawn tokens on destruction, Windy assumed that their aim is mutual destruction whilst pointing out that is Link can off it anyway, but was shocked when said Link was the one being equipped (Jebaited) as he can't risk getting rid of it otherwise his field spell will be null and void
- I do like that Soulburner baited bomber's effect on the equip from the structure deck so that he can continue his plays without being hindered by it.
 - However Soulburner's eagerness became his undoing as Windy survived the assault with enough LP to use Storm Access, essentially counter baiting him.
- Flame warns Soulburner that Windy will likely have measures against set cards and should proceed with caution, but Soulburner sets it anyway, to which Windy picks up on and reinforces his belief that partners are a nuisance
- Windy's Storm Access gives him a Link-4 Stormrider that can put monsters in the S/T zone and also HFD whilst having no backrow (oh and the HFD effect can't be responded to because of course it can't)
- It turns out that Windy was played (is "baiting" this week's buzzword?  Kappa ) as Flame expected Windy would destroy the trap that has a GY effect allowing Soulburner to have another turn.
- Soulburner draws one of the better cards from the structure deck, and makes Miragestallio Kontos and make plays to negate Windy's board. Sure Windy tried putting a dampener by negating Miragestallio's GY effect, but it didn't matter as Soulburner won the duel
- Upon his loss, Windy wondered why he lost (again), to which Flame responded that Windy was being selfish and as Soulburner pointed out, when Windy offed his partner, he lost the ability to create strength to overcome obstacles
- When Windy was set on fire, Flame collected his data, though Windy swore that he'd curse him to which Flame said that AIs do not curse

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 90]
- With Windy gone, Frog & Bird assumed they were free but nope, they're off to the next duel location
- Emma informs Akira about Mirror Link Vrains and mentions that Revolver is with Playmaker's group.
- Bohman says to let him handle everything for the AIs future, but Aqua doesn't want that as she knows that Lightning created him and she can't trust Lightning, also she says that noone asked Lightning to create him.
- Blue Maiden brings up Miyu (who Akira remember) whose consciousness was stolen by Lightning. Bohman says that if she wins, she can have the vaccine, though Blue Angel says that he's saying that as if he confident that he'll win.
- Blah blah blah, Link-3 turn one with no lost advantage, blah
- Instead of going for an OTK, Bohman decides to go a different route, summoning a new Link-3 as he's aware that Blue Maiden could stop the OTK.
- Blue Maiden brings out a new Crystal Heart that embodies earth's memories, and when its effect is used, Bohman notes that Judgement Arrows didn't increase ATK and assumes that its effect applies in the extra monster zone
- Akira says that fate had allowed Aoi to be involved in the Lost Incident from way before because she became friends with Miyu
- Bohman unleashes a blast that affects both MLV and LV, preventing those in LV from logging out. He then says that him and Link Vrains are one and the same.
- Blue Maiden goes to her classic strat of dealing burn damage, but Bohman activates a trap to prevent the burn damage equal to his Link monster's markers. Aqua says that he can do that two more times, though Blue Maiden corrects her saying only twice.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 91]
- Blue Maiden exhausts Bohman's negates, but Bohman was able to put fresh negates on the board, forcing her to end her turn.
- Bohman is thankful for Blue Angel/Aqua for beating Haru as it allowed him to know hatred, anger and sadness.
- Bohman brings out a new Link-4 (I'll call it Hydradrive Space Stone) and before continuing, he allows Akira to watch the duel.
- Space Stone's effect essentially forces Blue Maiden into a lose-lose situation, but she chains a trap that banishes her stuff before Space Stone resolves. (Though it does take Crystal Heart out of the extra monster zone)
- Blue Maiden brings out a field spell that protects her Link-4 from effect negation as Crystal Heart was used as material.
- After surviving the turn, Bohman mentions that by destroying Space Stone, Blue Maiden is funked as on his turn, he brings it back twice as strong for 1000lp. He then initiates a loop that she can't do a thing about, but fights on until her loss.
- Bohman shows compassion and allows Blue Maiden to say goodbye to Akira before she disappears.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 92]
- Bohman collects Blue Maiden/Aqua's data and symbols appear on his back
- Akira wants the staff at SOL to save Blue Maiden, but Emma convinces him that saving the others in Link Vrains is more of a priority, something that he agrees to
- Lightning notes that they are at a disadvantage now that is him and Bohman left and decides to test a plan that won't hurt them, albeit Playmaker, quoting him as their secret weapon
- Bohman appears before Playmaker to say goodbye, but if they meet again, he vows to defeat him. Before leaving, he says that Playmaker will face a test in his next duel, saying that his opponent will crush all of his emotions
- Kusanagi receives a message from Jin telling him to save him, but before he logs into Vrains, he sends a program to hack Mirror Link Vrains to the Hanoi Lieutenants, albeit incomplete, though they will work to complete it asap
- Lightning forces Kusanagi to duel Playmaker in exchange for Jin's consciousness, but warns that if he loses, Jin's data will be deleted
- Lightning says to Bohman that he will delete said data if Kusanagi loses, saying that the fact that Playmaker couldn't save Kusanagi's brother will damage him
- Looking at the codebreakers, one would be mistaken to think they are Cyberse, but they're Warriors it seems, but their theme is interesting.
- Kusanagi says that he knows Playmaker's deck better than anyone, thus how he was able to get ahead in the duel

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 93]
- Playmaker decides to stall knowing he can't battle his friend, and Flame affirms the statement to Soulburner due to the bond the two share
- Kusanagi confesses that he didn't care for the human-AI conflict, mentioning he only cares about Jin, telling himself that he failed to protect Jin twice
- As he got rid of the card Playmaker used to stall, Kusanagi reminded him about the promise that they made about what is more important, regarding justice
- When Lightning and Bohman turn up, Ai accuses Lightning of cheating, but Lightning says that they're moving towards their goal
- despite surviving the turn, Playmaker suffers mental fatigue and Kusanagi piles on more pressure to ensure his victory
- Prior to leaving for Mirror Link Vrains, Yusaku had a meeting with Kusanagi without Ai present. Kusanagi asks Yusaku to carry out justice and suspects that Lightning can use Jin to make outrageous demands, even forcing the two to duel, and when that time comes, Yusaku should do what's right and defeat Lightning, rather than save him.
- Playmaker summons a new decode Talker (the starter deck one) and uses a series of cards to OTK Kusanagi
- Ai collects Kusanagi's data as Playmaker falls to his knees
- Lightning comments on Playmaker's weakness which Playmaker refutes, prompting Lightning to say that it's uncharacteristic of him to be a sore loser. However Playmaker points out before collapsing from stress that Kusanagi knew this would happen at which point Lightning realises that he was tricked
- As a result, Soulburner cries out and states that he will not forgive Lightning or Bohman

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 94]

- Playmaker falls unconscious and everyone (including Lightning) tell him to get up.
- Despite Ai saying that Playmaker is in no condition to duel, Lightning insists until Bohman interjects by saying they should beat Playmaker fair and square if they are to rule over humans
- The KoH succeed in hacking into MLV, removing the barrier and contacting Revolver who asks to send a message to Lightning
- A pissed off Soulburner goes to challenge Lightning/Bohman and doesn't care who he fights, encountering Bohman who takes them to a new stage of conflict
- Soulburner says that Playmaker was his hero and notes that him and Bohman are different (No sheet). Of course Bohman twists his words saying that despite working with Flame, he disapproves of AI, which Soulburner refutes.
- Bohman is touched that Soulburner is angry and notes that only him and Playmaker have treated him like this, and challenges Soulburner as a final test for his duel with Playmaker (Soulburner might be donion rings here)
- Soulburner notes that he has a bad matchup against Bohman (does he though? Salad bois are meta atm)
- Soulburner has a new field spell that protects his monsters from effects of those with the same attribute (That's one way to counter Bohman's deck). He then proceeds to break Bohman's board and deal damage
- Bohman says that Soulburner's duel shines, praising him
- Tribute summoning in Hydradrives, NANI?! (In any case, the Link-3 that Bohman brought out probs has a broken effect to require a level 5+ Hydradrive)
- Flame recognises Bohman's Link-3 as the creature that destroyed Cyberse world and tells Bohman that he has no intention of co-existing with him
- Bohman reiterates that he is Link Vrains, displaying his "power" and says that he has become god and that luck is a part of him (Joey would be turning in his grave)

• 2 weeks later...

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 95]

- The Hanoi Lieutenants head to the hot dog wagon at Revolver's request and find an unconscious Kusanagi (Not sure what good that'll do them at this stage)
- Bringing out the Link-4 he used against Playmaker (and both Links' attributes becoming Water), Bohman says that using the Fire attribute isn't the only way to deal with a Fire duelist (Yeah, having a good matchup also helps)
- Of course he gets another favourable roll and take Soulburner's LP to 500 (As Astral would say, "the odds of that happening are 216 to 1").
- Flame says AIs lack insight and uses luck to compensate (So Joey confirmed AI?  Kappa  )
- When Soulburner brought back Heatleo (and avoiding defeat) and had to choose which set card to send, Bohman had a trap that essentially invalidated the choice and netted additional cards (Manipulating odds, just like Johnson of the big five)
- Playmaker wakes up after Kusanagi told him that there was something he still needed to do
- Bohman activates a trap that if he rolls an odd number, Heatleo's ATK is 0, and an even number doubles the ATK, but he then says that since he's using "judgment dice" he can treat 2 or 4 as 3 or a 5 (So he's basically cheating now, where's Noah when we need him?)

- On further reflection, it isn't cheating, the +1 to the roll is written in that trap card's effect.
- Flame feels weird and it transpires that Windy had resurrected inside him and rewrote his program. Flame used all of his power to get rid of Windy, but gets terminated in the process
- Soulburner brings out a Link-4 Salamangreat (I was expecting him to do so to be fair) and reincarnate link summons during his battle phase and tries to nuke Bohman's board, but Bohman's Link-3 is not due to another WATER monster being on board
- Bohman activates a trap that let's Soulburner roll. If he rolls a 3 (corresponding FIRE), Phoenix's ATK doubles, but in the end it didn't matter as Bohman activates a trap that moves Soulburner's monster next to Atlas' link which in turn changes its attribute to WATER meaning Soulburner's roll was rendered meaningless and Soulburner lost (Basically Soulburner was funked)
- Soulburner is terminated and Bohman now has the symbols for Fire and Wind on his back. Bohman is now ready to face Playmaker again

• 1 month later...

As of episode 99, “go forward” became the 3rd longest running YGO opening behind WARRIORS (from DM which ran for 58 episodes) and 99% (from GX which ran for 71 episodes)

qmDRyZ5.png
[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 102]
When I saw the Link-5 from Chaos Impact on ygorganization and read its effect (which is why I’m posting my thoughts on it here rather than in the TCG section) I was thinking “wait a sec, is this how Playmaker is going to defeat Bohman?” and when I watched the episode it went exactly as I expected (maybe I shouldn’t have looked at the card before watching the episode as it was one big spoiler owl), summoning the ritual, Xyz and then this and attacking for game. (I will say, the loop that resulted from Spoiler Owl Dragon’s effect reminded me of Yugi’s duel with Strings)
On another note, Playmaker declaring final turn (What is this, Vanguard?  Kappa  )

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 103]
- It was more or less a recap episode (joysville)
- I do have some observations from the new opening however:
 - We're looking to get more Altergeist support as a new Altergeist was shown in a shot with Ghost Girl/Blood Shepherd
 - Go is going back to Goukis (to be fair, it didn't sit right in the hands of those two bounty hunters)
 - One mystery however rests with Aoi/Blue Maiden. She was shown in an action shot with Akira, but none of her cards were alongside her, so we won't know till she duels again if she still has Marincess or if she'll return to using Trickstars
 - The opening (and 103) hints at another showdown between Soulburner and Revolver, given their previous match was unresolved
 - And of course we have new characters (who are seen overlooking the memorials of the Ignises at the end of the episode). The opening makes it pretty clear that it's basically Ai/Roboppi. I noticed the light blue hair guy's duel disk looks like Roboppi's face, also a synopsis for 104 talked about Ai/Roboppi sneaking on board a SOL ship. Another clue I picked up in the opening was the other guy with Yusaku-like hair has a monster similar to Decode Talker battling the latter. Though I have to say, I do like that guy's design.

- As for "Roboppi"'s deck shown in the opening, somehow I'm reminded of the Junk Robots that Obomi/Lillybot from Zexal used

[spoiler=Regarding VRAINS Season 3]So with the fact that Ai has a human form now I looked up the VA which hilarious Ai is voiced by the same person who voiced Tentamon in Digimon (likely the inspiration for original Ai's voice) and Suzaku from Code Geass (likely how were going to hear him like now). In this case this basically means we have Yusaku vs Suzaku XD.

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 104]

- Following what happened in Link Vrains/MLV, Akira gets promoted to Executive Director, and he mentioned that Queen couldn't stop it.

- RIP, the Frog&Bird's boss was watching them the entire time and doesn't give them a bonus because he found out the frog guy wants his job.

- Ai approaches Queen, thinking of using SOL Technologies by acquiring her code key and to get revenge for Earth, challenging her to a duel

- Of course Queen would have an Allure Queen deck, though I would like to know how she got two LV7s, a LV5 and LV3 on the board, turn 1. Anywho she summons an Allure Queen Link and with her two spells (probs how she flooded the field), she challenges Ai to break her board, which he replies that'll be easy (He's not wrong)

- I will say this, I find it funny that Queen, the top management in SOL is using a deck with cards from what is considered the worst Yugioh set

- Ai's deck "@@ignisterra" has some potential, though I'm somewhat surprised that he has a darker version of Linkuriboh (with a SW arrow). However I am not surprised he was able to break Queen's board and OTK her.

• 1 month later...

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 110]

- Not gonna lie, when Ai activated Judgment Arrows, I was reminded of the moment from Arc-V where Yuri used Super Poly against Alexis. Both moments were like "You think you know my deck? Well funk you, here's a crazy-town spell!"

[spoiler=response]

Pretty much, he plays a major power spell, which is even clouded in Darkness as it appears.

It also implies him revealing something, which shocks everyone around.

And both Yuri and Ai do it to get a message across that they want to "burn the bridge"/be unable to "come back", which Ai even specifically states.

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS Season 3]

To be fair Ai's motivation feels very forced, especially the fact that he follows Lightning's dream for the demise of the other 5 Ignis's ... while ignoring that all that want to live in peace, that are torn apart, are torn apart and absorbed by Bohman ... Lightning's pawn ... who does nothing else than follow Lightning's dream ?

... also what is Bohman meaning when he says Ai is responsible for the demise of the Ignis, Bohman is the one to absorb them and destroy them (3 out of 5 destroyed Ignis's are destroyed by Bohman)?

Why does Ai even need the keys, if all he wants is to use the SOLtis as an army, why can he not do so in the first place if he can enter any of them anyways ?

He could just create more than 3 copies of himself and just enter them, while they are still unaware someone is up to something.

[spoiler=Thoughts on the new archtypes]

I actually like @@Ignister, being able to focus on all summoning mechanics (apart from Pendulum and that is not really splashable without effort ... which is actually easy, see Fluffal and Bujin Hiruko).

Appliancer is an actually interesting "protect the castle" archtype focusing on Link 1s are pawns and mutual links.

I would actually like to see both of them in the actual game.

[spoiler=response]

Pretty much, he plays a major power spell, which is even clouded in Darkness as it appears.

It also implies him revealing something, which shocks everyone around.

And both Yuri and Ai do it to get a message across that they want to "burn the bridge"/be unable to "come back", which Ai even specifically states.

[spoiler=Thoughts on the new archetypes]

I actually like @[ignister], being able to focus on all summoning mechanics (apart from Pendulum and that is not really splashable without effort ... which is actually easy, see Fluffal and Bujin Hiruko).

Appliancer is an actually interesting "protect the castle" archetype focusing on Link 1s are pawns and mutual links.

I would actually like to see both of them in the actual game.

[spoiler=Obligatory response]

True dat. And in Ai's case, the bridges started to burn after what happened in the duel against Bohman.

Also regarding the @[ignister]s, the extra deck monsters card-types reflect the type of extra deck monster that were on the board in duels that the ignis first lost all their LP.

Windy: first lost to a Synchro

Earth: first lost to a Fusion

Flame: first lost to a Link

Lightning: drew, (ignoring BS that made his lp 1), though Revolver had an Xyz on the board.

Ai: drew, though a Link monster was on the board

So, the WATER extra deck monster will likely be a Link as Aqua lost to a Link.

[spoiler=Obligatory response]

True dat. And in Ai's case, the bridges started to burn after what happened in the duel against Bohman.

Also regarding the @[ignister]s, the extra deck monsters card-types reflect the type of extra deck monster that were on the board in duels that the ignis first lost all their LP.

Windy: first lost to a Synchro

Earth: first lost to a Fusion

Flame: first lost to a Link

Lightning: drew, (ignoring BS that made his lp 1), though Revolver had an Xyz on the board.

Ai: drew, though a Link monster was on the board

So, the WATER extra deck monster will likely be a Link as Aqua lost to a Link.

[spoiler=Response]Based on Hiyari card text, the last big Attribute @[ignister] monster is going to be a Ritual monster since Hiyari searches the Ritual spell like how Doshin searches the Fusion Spell.

[spoiler=Response]Based on Hiyari card text, the last big Attribute @[ignister] monster is going to be a Ritual monster since Hiyari searches the Ritual spell like how Doshin searches the Fusion Spell.

[spoiler=Obligatory Response]

*Reads Hiyari's effect* dangit, that throws the theory I concocted down the toilet.

[spoiler=Episode 111]

Ignoring the obligatory "Ai wins because of plot armor" part I still have to mention that this is pretty much the second most boring conclusion to a duel I have seen thus far,

rivaled and surpassed only by the last chapter of the Arc V manga, in which Yuya and Reiji just get a random burn Action card, because the writters were too lazy and did not

want to invest even the slightest effort into a proper ending.

That end to the duel was just a massive disappointment, although apart from that the episode was ok.

It basicly comes down to "Ai can now threaten the entire society with a robot army (which he kind of could anyways, looking at how he was able to hijack any of them anyways and create at the very least 3 copies of himself) and wants Blue Maiden to turn into the same kind of edgelord he has turned into".

• 1 month later...

Seeing as this month's VJUMP has mentioned on the cover that the series is reaching its climax, it does look like it's nearing the end (and the next episode is the beginning of Yusaku vs Ai), meaning that VRAINS will become the shortest series if it is confirmed to end on September 25th as there is no mention of an alternative timeslot for the autumn season.

Though this news makes one wonder, what they could put in the core set coming out in January in the OCG if VRAINS does end next month. Are they gonna give us cards from earlier in the series that we never got? Or it'll likely have new cards used by Yusaku vs Ai, ie any new Links he summons will 99.9% be destined for that set as there is 1 slot between Fire Phoenix and Link Aussa. The new Altergeist Link will likely be in that set too, as well as the Gouki Link.

I will say this though, if VRAINS ends next month, it's going to feel weird, as it'd mean a 5/6 month period without YGO to watch, but at least we have all the products between now and Series 11 in April to look forward to.

It's probably for the best to give the franchise a break for half a year. I believe between the budget for Dark Side of Dimensions and ARC-V apparently tanking pretty hard, VRAINS was always operating on a poor budget, hence the absurd amount of recap episodes in the first season. The franchise needs a longer break to get a more respectable budget together if they don't have it already. Probably for the best that VRAINS would be the shortest series. IGAS will be out after VRAINS ends, so the next core set will certainly be… unusual.

Also, can we please retire Yoshida already?

Whilst I do agree that the next core set after IGAS will be in a weird place, on reflection in terms of cards from the anime, there is quite a few options that they could put in, like the Altergeist and Gouki Link-4s, whatever boss monster Yusaku summons in the next duel to name a couple. (Though the set itself will hold quite a bit of value for a good while from the game original stuff as it will be our May booster in TCG)

M Warrior 1 (x3)
Spike Seadra (x2)
Wasteland (x3)
Dark King of the Abyss (x2)
Skull Red Bird (x3)
Mountain
Masaki the Legendary Swordsman (x3)
Karbonala Warrior (x2)
Lesser Dragon (x3)
Beast Fangs (x3)
Green Phantom King
Meda Bat (x2)