Can we mention OFFICIAL websites? [spoiler=If not please remove this]Hulu officially streams the first 2 seasons of Arc V (up to the point where they go from synchro to XYZ)

Legitimate streaming websites, such as Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Netflix are perfectly acceptable.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we mention OFFICIAL websites? [spoiler=If not please remove this]Hulu officially streams the first 2 seasons of Arc V (up to the point where they go from synchro to XYZ)

While Dad has already said it's fine, I do feel a sort of obligation to clarify this. Back when the original rules were written (While the new rules are their own, they do continue the same sentiment), it was meant to encourage people to use official sites. Hulu in particular was in fact one of the sites that I actively told people to use.

I suppose a better way to put it is that you should be telling people about these official websites. Informing people that the first two seasons of Arc-V are available on Hulu is precisely the kind of change I had hoped to push for in this section, so your post is truly beneficial, and I really appreciate that.

While Dad has already said it's fine, I do feel a sort of obligation to clarify this. Back when the original rules were written (While the new rules are their own, they do continue the same sentiment), it was meant to encourage people to use official sites. Hulu in particular was in fact one of the sites that I actively told people to use.

I suppose a better way to put it is that you should be telling people about these official websites. Informing people that the first two seasons of Arc-V are available on Hulu is precisely the kind of change I had hoped to push for in this section, so your post is truly beneficial, and I really appreciate that.

I should also mention (just to make it clear) that Hulu isn't an option for everyone as it's only available in the US, Canada and Japan. However at least Crunchyroll and Netflix don't have that restriction (or as many restrictions).

[spoiler=Season 2 Info's]

It’s out of the frying pan and into the oven.

5435d3fa.jpg?resize=378%2C196&ssl=1

The VR System, “LINK VRAINS”, which was almost destroyed by the “Knights of Hanoi”, was saved and restored by Playmaker and since then has been updated and upgraded. The brand new Duel Stage, “Link VRAINS Re:Born” is in an uproar, as the hero who saved the internet, Playmaker, is wanted for questioning by the authorities…

How will Playmaker and the others deal with established Duelists and Ignis in “Link VRAINS Re:Born”!?

“Into the VRAINS” to the Next Stage!!

Note: It’s “Shinsei Link VRAINS”, literally Reborn LINK VRAINS I went with something with more bite. It could also be called Neo Link VRAINS or so such.

674786b5.jpg?resize=279%2C161&ssl=1

Homura Takeru, i.e. Soulburner
Yusaku’s New Ally!?
Voice Actor: Kaji Yuki
Homura transforms into Soulburner, an avatar themed on fire. But he has the same school uniform as Yusaku…!?

Homura for what it’s worth, not with this spelling of Kanji, can be read as “Flame” or “Fire”.

06cb3668.jpg?resize=296%2C392&ssl=1

Bowman
The Duelist whose True Identity is Unknown
Voice Actor: Matsuda Kenji
A being with a mysterious air to them. Is he friend or foe!?

3cf6d516.jpg?resize=303%2C392&ssl=1

Flame *
The Ignis of Fire
Voice Actor: Yashiro Taku
An Ignis AI that’s changed its name. How will he impact the story!?

* Note, his name in Kanji reads “Non-Spirit Dream”, it’s very “Chuni”.

Sauce: https://ygorganization.com/intotheflames/

What?

I think it might be due to licensing or something. I could be wrong, but I know there are some shows that aren't on Crunchyroll in certain countries for that reason. 

Denmark sometimes gets shows very late, didn't get season 2 of Gotham until this year, there are plenty of shows we don't even have. I don't think there is even any version of YGO on there, haven't checked.

[spoiler=Season 2 Info's]

It’s out of the frying pan and into the oven.

5435d3fa.jpg?resize=378%2C196&ssl=1

The VR System, “LINK VRAINS”, which was almost destroyed by the “Knights of Hanoi”, was saved and restored by Playmaker and since then has been updated and upgraded. The brand new Duel Stage, “Link VRAINS Re:Born” is in an uproar, as the hero who saved the internet, Playmaker, is wanted for questioning by the authorities…

How will Playmaker and the others deal with established Duelists and Ignis in “Link VRAINS Re:Born”!?

“Into the VRAINS” to the Next Stage!!

Note: It’s “Shinsei Link VRAINS”, literally Reborn LINK VRAINS I went with something with more bite. It could also be called Neo Link VRAINS or so such.

674786b5.jpg?resize=279%2C161&ssl=1

Homura Takeru, i.e. Soulburner

Yusaku’s New Ally!?

Voice Actor: Kaji Yuki

Homura transforms into Soulburner, an avatar themed on fire. But he has the same school uniform as Yusaku…!?

Homura for what it’s worth, not with this spelling of Kanji, can be read as “Flame” or “Fire”.

06cb3668.jpg?resize=296%2C392&ssl=1

Bowman

The Duelist whose True Identity is Unknown

Voice Actor: Matsuda Kenji

A being with a mysterious air to them. Is he friend or foe!?

3cf6d516.jpg?resize=303%2C392&ssl=1

Flame *

The Ignis of Fire

Voice Actor: Yashiro Taku

An Ignis AI that’s changed its name. How will he impact the story!?

* Note, his name in Kanji reads “Non-Spirit Dream”, it’s very “Chuni”.

Sauce: https://ygorganization.com/intotheflames/

[spoiler About that]

If Yusaku managed to save everyone why is his alter ego on the police's ten most wanted list?

[spoiler About that]

If Yusaku managed to save everyone why is his alter ego on the police's ten most wanted list?

1) SOL Tech Cover-up?

2) Knowing real identity of notorious cyber terrorist?

3) once breach SOL Tech darkest database?

three dem things

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 44]

- When Playmaker mentions that there is a way to break Revolver's board, Ai reminds him that Links are bad against Mirror Force, then again Playmaker knew what he was doing so it was premature for Ai to say that since Playmaker had ways to protect his stuff whilst also trying to prevent Revolver's plays (like negating Topologic's effect).

- After Link Turret accumulated 5 counters, Ai ponders if Playmaker got carried away (as Playmaker speculated that Revolver will summon Borreload) with Revolver mentioning that Playmaker fell for his strategy and just as Playmaker speculated, Revolver took advantage of Playmaker's board and summon Borreload and subsequently break it.

- Ai forgetting what Borreload did (and gloating that they have more ATK) was quite odd though tbph, given he's an AI (and it being Revolver's ace), and he was like "it's coming" before it was summoned.

- Revolver mentions that he and Playmaker are prisoners of destiny from 10 years ago and that there isn't a new path for them, but vows to sever everything.

[spoiler=EP45]

Oh baby, Extra Link! This is sexy! Revolver having 5 LINK-4s on the field is sexy as hell, gotta say. He has an effect called Deus Ex Machina. Well, that is just perfect. Oh neat, each Ignis represents an Attribute. Think they showed them before, but it was never obvious to me before now. Of all the situations in the anime, how on earth Yusaku is still able to survive is pretty amazing.

I'll add backthoughts from the two weeks I was gone.

[spoiler=VRAINS 43]

• Dr. Kogami literally is dead for real. 
  • We see Revolver's RL appearance (which, yeah, wasn't known until now though he did appear much earlier without his face covered).
  • In terms of him, he's the one who gave Yusaku his "3 things" and finished off the project, but he regretted doing that. 
  • More Mirror Force stuff and Yuskau actually triggered it just to inflict 1000 damage.

[spoiler=VRAINS 44]

• Yusaku had a good setup here, but Link Turret essentially blocked his attempts to OTK and leads to the events of today's episode.
  • Ai forgot Borreload's effect.
  • Revolver vows to sever the connection.

[spoiler=VRAINS 45]

• Well, Revolver actually did the Extra Link with 5 Link-4 3K monsters, so you probably gotta give him a lot of credit for that.
    • But then again, he did have Borrelguard fueling all of that spam with Link Turret. 
  • If it's any consolation to Yusaku, at least Gumblar Dragon has an UP marker in the EMZ so you can actually play sheet. Could be a lot worse if it didn't and then you'd be locked out of plays completely.
    • He essentially has Secure Gardna up with that other card to seal Gumblar and Borreload Dragon, but that's it. 
  • Probably fitting that Gumblar's Extra Link effect is called Deus Ex Machina (oh wait, that would be more applicable to Yusaku pulling plot armor to overcome 5 Link 4s and the loss of the EMZ).
    • Or you can consider him actually living through Gumblar's unblockable burn damage with Flame Wedge as such.
  • We find out about the Cyberse World and AI's desire to return to it; despite them not liking him for being lazy. 
  • At least Yusaku laughs a bit when faced with danger.

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 45]
- Oh boy, Revolver did the thing, the extra link thing. He mentioned that this was all possible thanks to Playmaker negating Bomber's effect, and can I say what a beautiful board Revolver has (totally didn't have a dragon boner at all). Gamble's extra linked effect being called Deus ex Machina, sounds about right given the situation.
- Playmaker was somehow able to survive with a plot device card in addition to laughing at the face of danger
- Revolver gave Playmaker three things to equal despair which included the declaration that the duel would be over in four turns. (Last time someone made a declaration like that was in Arc V with Jack)
- Ai talks about how things are like in Cyberse World, how it's a good place and unlike what Revolver/the late Dr Kogami thought, Ai says that they weren't thinking of doing bad things and he also admitted to using Yusaku so that he can go home.

So as for episode 45 and Varis using "the ultimate battle formation that transcends human intellect itself" makes me wonder how anyone could construct their virtual world, while being less intelligent than that.

Beyond that the episode is actually not bad and the duel appears to actually meet the expectations.

Also is there any reason noone translated Borrelguard Dragon yet (usually cards with even less visible texts get translated, while this one should be perfectly readable) ?

So as for episode 45 and Varis using "the ultimate battle formation that transcends human intellect itself" makes me wonder how anyone could construct their virtual world, while being less intelligent than that.

Beyond that the episode is actually not bad and the duel appears to actually meet the expectations.

Also is there any reason noone translated Borrelguard Dragon yet (usually cards with even less visible texts get translated, while this one should be perfectly readable) ?

To be fair, the text is at a slanted angle and may be difficult to read to some extent (though yes, it is legible). Or the editors didn't want to do it. You can add it on your own if needed (no need to wait for one of the usual editors to get to it).

iirc Borrelguard sends a S/T card you control to the GY to Special Summon a monster that was destroyed in battle that turn. There seems to be another effect besides that though, but it wasn't expanded on in the episode. Will need to watch it again to check. 

[spoiler=Season Finale]

We got to see what I would like to dub Full Link, since the show didn't seem to give it a name, where both players managed to Extra Link monsters together, so that's pretty neat. They kind of wrapped everything up pretty fast, but of course we aren't done with Revolver, that seems to be clear. Along with that, Ai is gone, but for good? Probably not, I mean, Cyberse aren't going anywhere when it comes to Yusaku's Deck I'm sure.

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on VRAINS 46]

- Revolver was adamant on preventing Playmaker's set card from going off by using his Borreload/sword's effects (I do wonder what Borrelguard does, though we'll either find out next week when CYHO comes out, or if not when it's revealed for BoL), nevertheless, Playmaker was able to protect himself but was unable to break Revolver's board due to Gumblar.

- 13 LP? Been a while since we've seen LP at a number like that. (I'd say 5Ds when Luna's LP decreased during the duel with Aporia in the Ark Cradle)

- Playmaker mentions that his heart has always alone and that he doesn't have any friends,, but mentions that Revolver resides in the same world. Of course Revolver responded that he'll never be Playmaker's friend.

- Oh look Playmaker summoned Firewall again. It's been an eternity since he summoned that in a duel.

- By utilising the Extra Link for himself, Playmaker used a plot device card and even though Revolver tried to cockblock it, the card conveniently had an effect that helped Playmaker win.

- Revolver leaves, but I'm sure he'll return at some point in the next arc as he still has a purpose to fulfil.

- With the tower destroyed, everyone has been freed.

- With Hanoi gone, Ai is free to return home, though I do think he'll return. 

- I do like that we got to see Playmaker form an Extra Link

[spoiler=46]

• I'm so disappointed we didn't see Cyberse Magician in this episode. Booster pack cover cards always appear in the anime, so I'm hoping it'll appear before the next pack, Soul Fusion, gets leaked/released.
  • Zero Extra Link is such a plot device card. As if we've ever seen Playmaker completing an Extra Link himself before. 
  • I'll miss Revolver and Ai, although I think Ai will return in the next season.

Archived