• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be that it's not a card at all, but just some VR duel spirit thing that follows him around.

As for the VR thing, I think it's really the only place they could take the evolution of field spells after the other series.

DM and GX had normal field spells

5Ds had field spell that seemed to effect the entire stadium and allow damage to the track.

ZeXal's fields were fully destructible, but only to people wearing D-gazers

Arc-V had entirely solid fields that were a legitimate danger to the people playing in them.

Vrains has an entire artificial world that the duelists play in. They may even be able to wander around in this world and meet other duelists, depending on whether they go full-MMO with this.

Kinda feels like Chaotic. 

ayayai~ things do passed when i was asleep

well no much information other than some plot and some design...but i guess is better than nothing

so another "spirit tag-alone" eh...but this time its implying a run-away VR entites

Decode Talker is quite cool sounding name...aaaaannnnndddd my sleep sicken brain some how correlate this name with either Kamen Rider Decade or Delta

Yusaku VR avatar design looks fine other than that humongous non-aerodynamic Hoverboard of his ...but to be fair its VR world, i suppose to not having problem with worlds that you can set to remove the laws of friction and turbulence yadayada...i forgot the exact name of the law

And if I had to guess, in standard tradition, Decode Talker will have 2500 ATK like Dark Magician, Neos, Stardust, Utopia and Odd-Eyes.

With its reveal, the card breaks that trend as it only has 2300 ATK, though this could be like Junk Warrior and Yusaku gets a new ace some time down the line with 2500, but at this moment in time. Decode Talker is a trend breaker.

With its reveal, the card breaks that trend as it only has 2300 ATK, though this could be like Junk Warrior and Yusaku gets a new ace some time down the line with 2500, but at this moment in time. Decode Talker is a trend breaker.

I'm probably going on the assumption that he does get a "standard" ace (that likely ends up as the cover for COTD), but we'll have to see in the future. 

And we were all hoping Konami wouldn't make another Extra Deck mechanic, let alone one that is a reset button in terms of play. (Well, blame the new rules and all too).

Interesting. I'd assume they can't be Summoned in Defense Position either. 

Yeah, you can't. (Wikia has it as you must summon this in Attack Position, and can't use it to block your LP if the opponent fields a larger monster than your Link Monster)

Then again, it wouldn't really make sense for it to be in Defense Position without any set stat to speak of (and can't assume it's 0). 

Virtual reality, eh? That makes sense. Vrains is kind of a weird name, but the other titles weren't exactly normal either.

It seems like a comfortable pattern's been established where each spin-off series switches from a dragon ace to a warrior ace (Neos, Stardust, Utopia, Odd-Eyes, Decode Talker).

Decode Talker's a Cybers-Type monster, so trend's broken right now. However, he may have a "proper" 2500 ATK ace that is Warrior (or probably Cybers) sometime later in the series. To be fair, I'm really not seeing why they needed to make a new Type that aesthetically could've had its members in the existing ones. (I guess because all of them have a cybernetic appearance or something, /shrug/).

But yeah, the acronym is a lot easier to get behind now that we know the meaning.

Cyber Dragon retconned to Cybers.

Cydra Nova now requires 2 Lv 5 cyber monsters

RIP splashable Infinity.

Chimeratech Fortress can no longer eat Machines.

Cyber Repair Plant now searches LIGHT Cybers.

RIP Galaxy Soldier and Jizukiru in deck.

Without those, Cydras basically dead.

GG

Cyber Angels retconned to Cybers

No more Herald hybrids.

RIP reviving Manju with Ritual Sanctuary.

Ritual Sanctuary's utility basically cut in half for many decks that use it.

Herald variant is only viable Cyber Angel deck

GG

Ciphers retconned to Cybers

I'd be totally for that actually.

There are plenty of Dragons in name only (including the Cyber Dragons), so name and type don't necessarily have to correlate. I imagine Cybers-types will drain Machine-types' numbers in the future, but considering how many Machine-types we have this's probably a good thing.  

Looking forward to Pendulum Link monsters. 8) 

So far I'm loving everything except for a few personal, nitpicky gripes and concerns.

A) Link Cards are a bit too reminiscent of Rituals in terms of color. Couldn't use a different shade of blue?

B) The "S" in "Cybers-Type". Oooh how it bugs me...

C) I really hope they give Yusaku proper character. With him being described as "Cool-headed and extremely clever. His real skill is in his hacking and cracking abilities. As well he’s good at reading people and thinks on his feet", I don't need a edgy, Yusei-like character. People whine about about the silly, softer characters like Yuma and Yuya, but he shouldn't be cardboard either. Needs to be a balance somewhere.

Archived