Economic Magic

5 has potential to be problematic, as many members rep reviews, as well as giving reps for winning 1v1s.

Wouldn't even stop reps from the horrifying menace that is the game section, since the reps come from multiple people anyway.

The issue of reps being inflated is one that is widely considered to be nonexistent, so taking measures to prevent it is pointless.

5 has potential to be problematic, as many members rep reviews, as well as giving reps for winning 1v1s.

Wouldn't even stop reps from the horrifying menace that is the game section, since the reps come from multiple people anyway.

The issue of reps being inflated is one that is widely considered to be nonexistent, so taking measures to prevent it is pointless.

Change that to points then

Games section bothers me less than the section that I helped make and really care about, debates

You really think BS will for example be willing to burn 5 reps in games if that's all he had?

You really think BS will for example be willing to burn 5 reps in games if that's all he had?

Yes, just wait a few hours and they're back. You're not exactly spending anything. Should I feel bad every day that I go without repping anything? Because that basically throwing 10 reps down the plughole, right?

Just a copy/paste from another chat.

Problem being that these "random internet points" have an effect on the boards themselves. They're a part of the community that reflect what YCM deems acceptable. What they want more of. How it coincides with their views and beliefs.
But honestly, I'm not sure it needs to be touched. Maybe toned back a bit, sure, but idk.

Personally rep doesn't mean a thing to me.  It's a cool thing to look at, but it holds no value (to me personally).  Clearly that differs from a lot of board members, and it's something you want us to take a look at.  But why is it so important to you?  (Serious question.)  Before I make any more decisions for myself and how I will voice my opinion, I wanna know why you care so much about rep.

Yes, just wait a few hours and they're back. You're not exactly spending anything. Should I feel bad every day that I go without repping anything? Because that basically throwing 10 reps down the plughole, right?

It's not my job to tell you what to feel bad about or not. If you feel nobody deserved a rep today, that's fine. If you feel only 4 felt it, so be it

Just a copy/paste from another chat.

Problem being that these "random internet points" have an effect on the boards themselves. They're a part of the community that reflect what YCM deems acceptable. What they want more of. How it coincides with their views and beliefs.
But honestly, I'm not sure it needs to be touched. Maybe toned back a bit, sure, but idk.

Personally rep doesn't mean a thing to me. It's a cool thing to look at, but it holds no value (to me personally). Clearly that differs from a lot of board members, and it's something you want us to take a look at. But why is it so important to you? (Serious question.) Before I make any more decisions for myself and how I will voice my opinion, I wanna know why you care so much about rep.

The way I see it, reps are a way of giving credit to a user for his effort in the post. It can be something funny like what Armz used to do. Or well written like Black or Brightfire, or maybe how eloquently someone put a point.

Think of it like reddit gold really.

I don't so much care about rep, as do the mass inflation and devaluation of it that has come with Games and debates being a repfarm

If you don't care, and we don't care, why is this even remotely an issue?

I do care about the repinflation

Make a case against 5 reps please

You're arguing semantics over a topic nobody but you actually cares about, and on a topic you posted 3 hours ago and was locked within 2.

Like seriously.

Its reps.

Who funking cares? they don't do anything. 

do you even know what semantics means?

The last rep in the entire section was on the 14th.

Your problem is imaginary and your solution would do nothing.

Ok? And people spend 5 reps in 1V1?

And I already suggested that points are a more tangible reward for contests. 

My problem doesn't exist for you, and I've already explained what my solution would do. So either specifically refute it or stop repeating yourself giga

Except the inflation you are talking about isn't even real. There are hardly any reps occurring in the section. Reducing the number to 5 won't change that at all. All it will do is impose limits on threads that actually "deserve" the reps.

I'm not talking about 1v1....this is why these sorta conversations are so irritating Giga, I'm talking about Debates and Misc

Are you telling me there has been no reps in those two sections since the 14th

You and speedroid ignore the whole point of this thread, make a stink, look down upon people that don't agree, and walk out making non-sequitur points

It's bloody annoying, either stop dodging or funk off

We're aware of the topic.  Since this has turned into poor display of conduct, I'm locking the thread.  We'll come to a decision as a team and let you know what we decide.  Please don't make another topic about reps.  I'll be locking it immediately.  You've been warned.

Archived