PurpleTH

Hi guys!

This is my second topic that 1 post on this site and it's a continuation of my "The start of my Archvid archetype" topic, where I only showed 3 cards that were versions of the Egyptian God Cards called "Chaos Gods". If you want to see them, here is the link: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359233-the-start-of-my-archvid-archetype/ .

In this topic I will explain what the archetype represents and the playstyle.

After you read the cards and tell me your opinion about the first legit look of this archetype, I want you to tell me what of the following types of cards should I realese on my next topic:

-Fusion related cards;

-Synchro related cards;

-Xyz related cards;

-Ritual related cards;

-The cards that help Archvids to Pendulum Summon(and I say help, because Archvids don't have Pendulum Monsters);

-The Boss Monsters of the Archetype(which include cards that support the Egyptian Gods).

Also, if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask me.Ok, without further ado, here are my Archvid cards.

[spoiler=Inspiration and Playstyle:]This archetype is inspired by the fantasy type of the Void: a dark place
filled with horrifying demons; a place of total chaos, where even the light is destructive.
My archetype focuses on banishing monsters to gain advantage.I know
that everyone that reads this has "Infernoids" in mind, but Archvids can
control every card that they banish and they use banishing to gain pure
advantage and not just to summon their monsters.

Archvids can perform any summoning method, so every player can play
this archetype with what they like the most.

The Spell and Trap cards use the word "Vid" instead of "Void" , to avoid any
confusions about Archvids and Infernoids.("Vid" is the roumanian word for
"Void").

I know that the playstyle part was short, but I don't know what to say more about them.Just look at the cards and you will see.

[spoiler=Main Deck Monsters (7):]
eoutB8k.jpg

LORE:When you activate a Spell Card: You can Special Summon this banished card in face-up Defence Position.Once per turn: You can equip 1 Level 4 or lower "Archvid" from your hand monster to this card.This card can only be equiped with one monster at a time.This card gets the level,ATK,DEF and effect of the equiped monster.When this card is banished: Add 1 "Vid" Spell/Trap Card or "Archvid Mechanical Armor" from your Deck to your hand.

VtIbpt3.jpg

LORE:Once per turn, while this card is in your hand: You can reveal this card and banish 1 "Archvid" monster from your hand, then add 1 "Archvid" monster from your Deck to your hand.During your opponent's Battle Phase, when your opponent declares an attack, you can destroy this card, negate the attack,and if you do, draw 1 card.

b7HVrTC.jpg

LORE:If you don't control any monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.Once per turn,during either player's turn: You can return 1 banished "Archvid" monster to the Graveyard, and if you do, set 1 "Vid" Quick-Play Spell card or Trap Card from your Deck.That card can be activated on the same turn it was set, but only if it was during your opponent's turn.

ltESF3E.jpg

LORE:When an "Archvid" monster is Summoned on your side of the field:Special Summon this card from your hand.You can banish this card from the Graveyard; this turn you can Normal Summon without Tributing, but only if you Normal Summon an "Archvid" monster.

qBDHfRn.jpg

LORE:When the Synchro Monster that used this card to be Summoned is destroyed: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in face-up Defence Position, but its Level is halved.When this card is banished: Banish 1 "Archvid" monster from your Deck, except "Archvid Elite Worm", and if you do, destroy 1 card on the field.

pZfiAXE.jpg

LORE:At the start of your Battle Phase: You discard 1 card from your hand; this card gains 800 ATK.If this card destroyed an opponent's monster by battle: Banish this card from the field, then add 1 "Vid" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Archvid Light Creator" once per turn.The first monster you Summon after this card was banished gains 1000 ATK and is treated as a LIGHT monster.

sp0pqgz.jpg

LORE:This card can only be Special Summoned by its own effect.You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard,if you control a monster whose original Level is 8 or higher.You can use this effect of "Archvid Dark Creator" only thrice per turn, and you can only use just 1 copy of this card that turn.When this card is Special Summoned: You can reduce this card's Level by 1 , then Special Summon 1 "Archvid Dark Token" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500).When this card is banished: Add 1 banished "Archvid" monster to your hand, then discard 1 card.

[spoiler=Spells and Traps (7):]
kGqx4Ou.jpg

LORE:Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can reveal 3 "Archvid" monsters with different names from your Deck, your opponent randomly picks 1 for you to Special Summon in face-up Defence Position, and shuffle the rest back into your Deck. If the monster picked by your opponent cannot be Special Summoned, add it to your hand instead.

8uFN9sR.jpg

LORE:You can only activate 1 "Vid Barrier" per turn. This card's effect depends on the turn you activated it.
-During your turn: Target 1 "Archvid" monster you control; that target cannot be destroyed by battle, also it can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.These changes last until the end of this turn.
-During your opponent's turn: When your opponent activates a card that would destroy 1 or more of your monsters or when an opponent's monster declares an attack: Negate the activation or attack, and if you do, destroy that card.

TH11RcV.jpg

LORE:Pay 1000 Life Points, then declare 1 Summoning Method (Tribute, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum); for the rest of the turn, all Summons that you conduct this turn are treated as the one that you declared.During the End Phase: Target 1 of your banished "Archvid" monsters, activate 1 of its effects (if possible), then shuffle that target into your Deck.You can only use each effect of "Vid Illusion" once per turn.

9v1GYbP.jpg

LORE:Once per turn, when you Special Summon an "Archvid" monster: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls. While this card is face-up on your the field, the first time an "Archvid" monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, it's not destroyed.When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Draw 1 card.

q4FTRBY.jpg

LORE:Fusion Summon 1 "Archvid" or "Archdeath" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by banishing "Archvid" monsters from your Deck as Fusion Materials.If the Fusion Summon was negated: Return the monsters banished by this card's effect to your Deck, then draw 1 card.You can only activate 1 "Vid Fusion" per turn.

Qt5lt8k.jpg

LORE:When an "Archvid" monster(s) is targeted by an opponent's monster effect: Negate the activation, and if you do, banish that monster and 1 of the "Archvid" monsters that were targeted by that effect.

6N6k5U2.jpg

LORE:When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Return that monster to the hand, and if you do, Special Summon 1 of your banished "Archvid" monsters that has the same Level as that opponent's monster's Level/Rank.The monster Special Summoned by this effect is banished when it leaves the field.

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters (6):]
tpfCPtY.jpg

LORE:"Archvid Dark Creator" + "Archvid Light Creator"
(This card is also treated as a DARK monster)
During your Main Phase: You can activate 1 of these effects:
-Banish 1 "Archvid" monster from your Graveyard; destroy all monsters your opponent controls that have less ATK than this card's original ATK. This card cannot attack during the turn you activated this effect.
-Return 1 banished "Archvid" monster to your Graveyard; Banish 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's Level/Rank x 100, until the end of this turn.
You can only use 1 "Archvid Chaos Creator" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

FlIOv1B.jpg

LORE:2 "Archvid" monsters
When this card is Fusion Summoned: Banish 1 random card in your opponent's hand.If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Send 1 "Archvid" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, then add 1 banished "Archvid" monster to your hand. When this card is destroyed: Banish it.

Oh95lJX.jpg

LORE:1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; that target loses 1500 ATK, then if its ATK has been reduced to 0 as a result, banish that monster if it leaves the field.You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Archvid" Tuner monster from your Deck, but its effects are negated.

5oEdA6w.jpg

LORE:1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Archvid" monsters
Once per turn, when your opponent activates the effect of a Spell/Trap Card: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, and if you do that, this card gains 300 ATK. When this card is send to the Graveyard: Shuffle 1 "Archvid" Tuner monster from your Graveyard into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

SmyoMyA.jpg

LORE:2 Level 4 "Archvid" monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Rank 4 "Archvid" Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, then attach 1 of your banished Level 4 "Archvid" monsters to that card as Xyz Material.This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. You can activate this effect of "Archvid Soul-Blade Shaman" only if this is the only Xyz Monster you control.Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; target 1 "Archvid" monster you control, it gain 1000 ATK and your opponent doesn't take damage from direct attacks. Those changes last until the end of this turn.

kM4LyBz.jpg

LORE:2 Level 4 "Archvid" monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Rank 4 "Archvid" Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck, then attach 1 of your banished Level 4 "Archvid" monsters to that card as Xyz Material.This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. You can activate this effect of "Archvid Mystic-Blade Shaman" only if this is the only Xyz Monster you control.Once per turn,at the start of your Battle Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each.

Now I will give you an exemple on how the second effect of "Vid Illusion" works, so you don't get confused:

For exemple: you have an Archvid Death Dragon banished and the second effect of Vid Illusion activates. Now you can use Archvid Death Dragons' "When this card is banished: Add 1 "Vid" Spell/Trap Card or "Archvid Mechanical Armor" from your Deck to your hand." effect to add a card that meets the criterias to your hand, then shuffle that Archvid Death Dragon in your Deck.

Ok. That's it for now. I can't wait to hear your opinions, and don't forget to tell me what should I post next.

• 2 weeks later...

Since level 4 monsters with 2000 ATK usually have a restriction, I would suggest lowering to 15 or 1600, since it's easy to SS and it can get a boost (also, where is that archvid monster coming from? It seems like it should come from either the hand or the banished zone. I question whether it really needs all those effects. A strong monster, maybe a bit too strong. 

This archetype has no monsters that would need to be tribute summoned, so I don't know why Skeletar Beast has that effect.

Elite Worm is a great tuner, it might possibly have use in other decks for generic synchros thanks to its first effect. 

I think Light Creator is a bit too strong for level 3, maybe put it around 900-1200?

Dark Creator's effect is a bit confusing

LORE:This card can only be Special Summoned by its own effect.You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard,if you control a monster whose original Level is 8 or higher.You can use this effect of "Archvid Dark Creator" only thrice per turn, and you can only use just 1 copy of this card that turn.When this card is Special Summoned: You can reduce this card's Level by 1 , then pecial Summon 1 "Archvid Dark Token" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500).When this card is banished: Add 1 banished "Archvid" monster to your hand, then discard 1 card.

Its effect only works if you have Lightray Dragon, and although I assume you'd want to use the tokens for synchro summoning, It would be easier to get Thunder Tiger with the dark creator and one of the level 4s. I guess you could use the tokens with the others to get another dragon out. 

The spells are all pretty good for this archetype, Mechanical Armor can set Vid Barrier or one of the 2 traps, Banishment being a good substitute for Solemn strike or warning. But what's the purpose of Vid Illusion's first effect? It's second makes sense, but why would you care whether the monsters you summoned were summoned as a certain type? Could you declare any type and get multiple Normal Summons per turn since they're counted as i.e. "pendulum summons"? 

I would add Pay 1000 Life Points, then declare 1 Summoning Method (Tribute, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum); for the rest of the turn, all Summons that you conduct this turn are treated as the one that you declared, but you can only summon "Archvid" Monsters during the turn you activate this card.

Vid Fusion has built in protection against any summon negation effects, I would suggest just cutting that effect right out since the fusions are already pretty powerful. 

Suggestion for Lightray Dragon's effect

Once per turn, when your opponent activates the effect of a Spell/Trap Card: Negate the activation and destroy that card, and if you do that, this card gains 300 ATK. When this card is send to the Graveyard: Shuffle 1 "Archvid" Tuner monster from your Graveyard into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

Since your Xyz are so easy to make and they let you get a free monster, I would suggest changing both of them so that it costs 2 materials to bring out the other archvid rank 4 from the extra deck. That way you have to decide between getting the other monster vs. using its second effect (though you'll probably always want to bring out the second monster).

The cards I didn't mention I thought I could talk about better by pointing out possible combos with these cards. 

In a starting hand, reveal Guard, banish Dragon (I think it would have to be on the field to give you the effect of adding a spell/trap when banished) but if not, you can immediately get a spell (Fusion to immediately get another monster, Illusion, which could use that Dragon's effect to add another spell/trap, (though I think due to game mechanics, you'd activate Illusion, then dragon's effect to SS, in which case the dragon would resolve first and now Illusion has no target) Either way, you could easily get that Dragon back, use Guard's effect to search and NS Elite Worm, go into Lightray Dragon. If you had Mechanical Armor, you could have also summoned that first, Skeletar Beast could also be summoned, If you had Dark Creator, it now lets you make Thunder Tiger with one of those other monsters, this deck has the potential to start the game with 2 or 3 big monsters from the extra deck. Like I said, getting one Xyz basically allows you to get another for free. 

Lots of combos;

Lots of recursion with the monsters

Backrow destruction and some draw power

Multiple ways to banish cards or use banished cards

Strong attackers 

lots of synergy. 

Death dragon needs a nerf, lower its ATK and I'm sure it could be looped like crazy so give it a hard OPT clause on the SS condition 

When you activate a Spell Card: You can Special Summon this banished card in face-up Defence Position. You can only activate this effect once per turn.

This way, you can only use one dragon per turn, even if you banish it multiple times, or use more than 1 copy.

Aside from a few things I think could be changed (understanding that I'm not totally proficient in YGO rulings) these cards seem to be pretty powerful, and they have some cool artwork to boot. 

Since level 4 monsters with 2000 ATK usually have a restriction, I would suggest lowering to 15 or 1600, since it's easy to SS and it can get a boost (also, where is that archvid monster coming from? It seems like it should come from either the hand or the banished zone. I question whether it really needs all those effects. A strong monster, maybe a bit too strong. 

This archetype has no monsters that would need to be tribute summoned, so I don't know why Skeletar Beast has that effect.

Elite Worm is a great tuner, it might possibly have use in other decks for generic synchros thanks to its first effect. 

I think Light Creator is a bit too strong for level 3, maybe put it around 900-1200?

Dark Creator's effect is a bit confusing

LORE:This card can only be Special Summoned by its own effect.You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard,if you control a monster whose original Level is 8 or higher.You can use this effect of "Archvid Dark Creator" only thrice per turn, and you can only use just 1 copy of this card that turn.When this card is Special Summoned: You can reduce this card's Level by 1 , then pecial Summon 1 "Archvid Dark Token" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 500).When this card is banished: Add 1 banished "Archvid" monster to your hand, then discard 1 card.

Its effect only works if you have Lightray Dragon, and although I assume you'd want to use the tokens for synchro summoning, It would be easier to get Thunder Tiger with the dark creator and one of the level 4s. I guess you could use the tokens with the others to get another dragon out. 

The spells are all pretty good for this archetype, Mechanical Armor can set Vid Barrier or one of the 2 traps, Banishment being a good substitute for Solemn strike or warning. But what's the purpose of Vid Illusion's first effect? It's second makes sense, but why would you care whether the monsters you summoned were summoned as a certain type? Could you declare any type and get multiple Normal Summons per turn since they're counted as i.e. "pendulum summons"? 

I would add Pay 1000 Life Points, then declare 1 Summoning Method (Tribute, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum); for the rest of the turn, all Summons that you conduct this turn are treated as the one that you declared, but you can only summon "Archvid" Monsters during the turn you activate this card.

Vid Fusion has built in protection against any summon negation effects, I would suggest just cutting that effect right out since the fusions are already pretty powerful. 

Suggestion for Lightray Dragon's effect

Once per turn, when your opponent activates the effect of a Spell/Trap Card: Negate the activation and destroy that card, and if you do that, this card gains 300 ATK. When this card is send to the Graveyard: Shuffle 1 "Archvid" Tuner monster from your Graveyard into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

Since your Xyz are so easy to make and they let you get a free monster, I would suggest changing both of them so that it costs 2 materials to bring out the other archvid rank 4 from the extra deck. That way you have to decide between getting the other monster vs. using its second effect (though you'll probably always want to bring out the second monster).

The cards I didn't mention I thought I could talk about better by pointing out possible combos with these cards. 

In a starting hand, reveal Guard, banish Dragon (I think it would have to be on the field to give you the effect of adding a spell/trap when banished) but if not, you can immediately get a spell (Fusion to immediately get another monster, Illusion, which could use that Dragon's effect to add another spell/trap, (though I think due to game mechanics, you'd activate Illusion, then dragon's effect to SS, in which case the dragon would resolve first and now Illusion has no target) Either way, you could easily get that Dragon back, use Guard's effect to search and NS Elite Worm, go into Lightray Dragon. If you had Mechanical Armor, you could have also summoned that first, Skeletar Beast could also be summoned, If you had Dark Creator, it now lets you make Thunder Tiger with one of those other monsters, this deck has the potential to start the game with 2 or 3 big monsters from the extra deck. Like I said, getting one Xyz basically allows you to get another for free. 

Lots of combos;

Lots of recursion with the monsters

Backrow destruction and some draw power

Multiple ways to banish cards or use banished cards

Strong attackers 

lots of synergy. 

Death dragon needs a nerf, lower its ATK and I'm sure it could be looped like crazy so give it a hard OPT clause on the SS condition 

When you activate a Spell Card: You can Special Summon this banished card in face-up Defence Position. You can only activate this effect once per turn.

This way, you can only use one dragon per turn, even if you banish it multiple times, or use more than 1 copy.

Aside from a few things I think could be changed (understanding that I'm not totally proficient in YGO rulings) these cards seem to be pretty powerful, and they have some cool artwork to boot. 

Thanks for your response man! I really appreciate your response. I will add that line on Vid Illusion so you can only summon Archvids that turn, and I will add that once per turn condition on Death Dragon.

But now I will explain to you some of the things you didn't know/understand:

First, you have to consider that this is NOT the entire archetype, that's the reason for a lot of the effects that you didn't understand.

At the beginning of this post I said:

"After you read the cards and tell me your opinion about the first legit look of this archetype, I want you to tell me what of the following types of cards should I realese on my next topic:

-Fusion related cards;

-Synchro related cards;

-Xyz related cards;

-Ritual related cards;

-The cards that help Archvids to Pendulum Summon(and I say help, because Archvids don't have Pendulum Monsters);

-The Boss Monsters of the Archetype(which include cards that support the Egyptian Gods)."

So that means I have MANY cards for this archetype, that's the reason why Skeletar-Beast has that effect; the archetype has monsters that need to be tribute summoned, they are just not on this post, I will make them soon enough. Also this explains why Archvids can summon the gods to make the Synchros from my first post and why the effect of Dark Creator can be activated thrice per turn.

Second,(Here I will explain in short my cards):

I ment for Death Dragon to be a 2000 ATK without restriction, so I will not change that.The only thing that I will add to it I already said + a condition on his second effect, because he is meant for high rank Xyz.

Have you woundered why Death Dragon searches Mechanical Armor? The reason is that Mechanical Armor and Death Dragon are Fusion Materials for a monster that I didn't post, because, as I said, this archetype is far from over, that's why I said what cards you want to see next(Fusion, Synchro, Boss monsters, etc. -related).

I already explained Skeletar-Beast.

Yes, Light Creator is Powerful for a level 3, but not that much and I will tell you why my friend: He is a card that helps you when you have a bad hand, but if the destroyes an opponent's monster by battle, it is not optional to banish it, so if you don't have a Vid spell/trap, it was just a wasted attack. He is more of a mid/late game card, since you will not have that many cards in your Graveyard (excluding the fact that this archetype banished more than sending to the graveyard), and taht 1000 ATK boost for the next monster you will summon, it's not that big of a deal, since now monster removel and effect negations are EVERYWHERE.

1 last thing about Dark Creator: I made the token effect because I want this archetype so summon "Beelzeus of the Diabolic Dragons" easily, because it is one of my favorite Synchros and I plan to the a new form called "Beelzebub of the Diabolic Dragons.

Vid illusion's first effect is a counter effect no cards that might stop the combos of the deck (cards like Maxx "C" or Dimensional Barrier), but also to counter certain cards in the archetype (that are not posted yet) that counter a mirror match. As I said: this archetype can perform and focus a deck on any summoning method, from Tribute, all the way to Pendulum.

And the last thing to explain: Why it takes 1 Xyz Material to summon another Xyz with the effects of my Shamans? I think you already know the answer: Summon Soul-Blade --> detach 1 material --> Summon Mystic-Blade with 1 Material --> detach the last material from Soul-Blade to give Mystic-Blade 1000 ATK --> detach the single material from Mystic-Blade to make him attack all monsters your opponent controls. A simple combo that only works that turn because of the condition: "You can activate this effect of "Archvid Soul-Blade Shaman/Archvid Mystic-Blade Shaman" only if this is the only Xyz Monster you control." (Also I really liked Shaman King, cool anime :) )

By the time you are reading this, the changes have already been made.

Also thanks for the compliments, I worked hard on those cards and it took some time for me to find the images that I need for the artworks.

And remember, this archetype is not finished, so tell me what you want to see next from the choices I have listed on the beginning of the post!

I hope you have a good day my friend!

Archived