ACCOUTER ANGELS [New Archetype]

AL2X

Hello YCM community ..
Today I'm going to introduce to you another archetype that brought into being by my mind.

This archetype is the Accouter Angel monsters. This is a series of Level 4 (girl) monsters with an ATK of 1600 and DEF of 1200 that relies on the old Equip Spell Cards. This Equip Spell Cards are: Elf's Light, Gust Fan, Sword of Dark Destruction, Invigoration, Burning Spear and Steel Shell. Also, it would be a great help if this archetype would be supported by cards like Armed Protector Dragon, Swords at Dawn, Power Tool Dragon, etc.

These monsters removes their equip cards to activate their effects (one in each of your turn's phases). With this, the Accouter Angels help each other to finish off the duel and there is no need of a boss monster to defeat the opponent.

The main point of making this cards is that i want to bring back the legacy of those old Equip Spell Cards. Because I noticed that no one is using them nowadays because there are equip cards that are more powerful than these cards do. With these old Equip Cards, it will make these new monsters a powerful and formidable opponents.

MONSTERS:

SIhOXWx.jpg

If this card is equipped with "Elf's Light", increase this card's ATK by 1000 points. This card can only be equipped with 1 Equip Spell Card at a time. During your Draw Phase (before you draw), you can send 1 "Elf's Light" equipped to this card to draw 2 cards instead of 1 in conducting your normal draw this turn.

6LSqAMQ.jpg

If this card is equipped with "Gust Fan", increase this card's ATK by 1000 points. This card can only be equipped with 1 Equip Spell Card at a time. During your Standby Phase, you can send 1 "Gust Fan" equipped to this card to target up to 2 Spell or Trap cards your opponent controls: Destroy those cards.

6IMW1G9.jpg

If this card is equipped with "Sword of Dark Destruction", increase this card's ATK by 1000 points. This card can only be equipped with 1 Equip Spell Card at a time. During your Main Phase 1, you can send 1 "Sword of Dark Destruction" equipped to this card to target 1 monster on the field: Destroy that target.

AZrdn5A.jpg

If this card is equipped with "Invigoration", increase this card's ATK by 1000 points. This card can only be equipped with 1 Equip Spell Card at a time. During your Battle Phase, if a monster you control attacks an opponent's monster with a higher ATK, you can send 1 "Invigoration" equipped to this card to double the ATK of the attacking monster until the end of the damage step.

UPlXlS0.jpg

If this card is equipped with "Burning Spear", increase this card's ATK by 1000 points. This card can only be equipped with 1 Equip Spell Card at a time. During your Main Phase 2, you can send 1 "Burning Spear" equipped to this card to inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponents's LP.

DbltdeM.jpg

If this card is equipped with "Steel Shell", increase this card's ATK by 1000 points. This card can only be equipped with 1 Equip Spell Card at a time. During your End Phase, you can send 1 "Steel Shell" equipped to this card to the graveyard. If you do, you take no battle damage and your monsters cannot be destroyed by battle during your opponent's next turn.

SPELLS:

zQ0DZ52.jpg

All "Accouter Angel" monsters on the field that are equipped with only 1 Equip Spell Card cannot be targeted by their opponent's card effects. Once per turn, if you would send an Equip Spell Card that is equipped to an "Accouter Angel" monster on your field to activate its effect(s), you can discard 1 Equip Spell Card from your hand instead.

99uSlSz.jpg

Special Summon 1 "Accouter Angel" monster from your hand or Deck to your field in Attack Position. If this card is in your graveyard, you can banish this card to target 1 Equip Spell Card in your graveyard and equip it to an appropriate monster on your side of the field. This effect cannot be activated during the turn this card is activated.

1jaVIsI.jpg

Discard 1 Equip Spell Card from your hand and draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Glory of an Angel" per turn. After this card resolves, banish this card.

t90Idrg.jpg

Each time you Normal Summon a Level 4 monster, you can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. During the 3rd End Phase of your turn after this card is activated, destroy this card.

TRAPS:

WU9RroE.jpg

Target 1 "Accouter Angel" monster you control that is equipped with an Equip Spell Card, destroy that target and Special Summon 1 "Accouter Angel" monster from your hand or Deck to your field in attack position, then choose 1 appropriate Equip Spell Card from your hand or Deck and equip it to that monster.

If you want to find out the effects of the cards not shown in this post, just click the name of the card above. If you have any suggestions, I will be glad and would accept it if it would make these cards better.

Hope you like this archetype.:)

Assuming they do get their effects, they go up to 3k ATK at level 4. That's pretty strong. Their effects gained by unequipping their respective spells are also decent, draw 2 during the draw phase, Turbulent Harpy acting like Twin Twister (one of the many good backrow removal cards based on mystical space typhoon) Spear Shooter is a bit stronger form of Gagaga Cowboy, I like Invisible Enforcer's ability to let another monster run into a stronger one, if it didn't have an equip the attacker could still go up to 3200 and if it did, it would be able to beat any monster in the game. 

The biggest weakness with these cards is that they're all normal monsters without their equip cards. However, the spells really help with that problem. Glory of an Angel lets you get rid of monsters or dead spells to hopefully draw something better, the field spell lets you discard from the hand. 

A few lines of text that seem unnecessary to me; The Home of the Angels can be changed to "All "Accouter Angel" monsters on the field that are equipped with an Equip Spell"

Since all of the monsters can only be equipped with one card anyway.

Also, the use of the word "appropriate" in The Angel Summoner" and the Trap card are sort of unclear. I know they refer to i.e. equipping Elf's Light to Radiant Guidance, however in the middle of saying this was unprecendented and didn't seem needed, since there weren't many equip spells that had specific targets in the TCG, I looked up the cards that these reminded me of. The Guardian cards used by Raphael in the Duel Monsters anime (grarl, Elma, Eatos, etc. have specific equip cards like yours and in Guardian Elma;s text it mentions taking an appropriate equip spell from the graveyard, So never mind, this wording is fine).

Potential to be incredible powerful monsters for one normal summon, plus multiple effects; you can keep their cards to have a huge beatstick, or get rid of the equps for more effects. Despite all the help the spells do, these cards could still have some trouble consistently getting their appropriate combos of monster and equip.

Also, how did you think of the name? Most archetype names are a play on words or a pun or a portmanteau, how do you pronounce "Accouter" and where does it come from?

Also, how did you think of the name? Most archetype names are a play on words or a pun or a portmanteau, how do you pronounce "Accouter" and where does it come from?

Actually, i looked at the dictionary before i made that name. 

accouter

To accouter a soldier is to dress her in military garb and provide her with the equipment she needs. A boy who runs away to join the army might first accouter himself in a camouflage jacket and steel-toed boots.

I just thought of another term for the word equip so that it will be unique :)

About the wordings, the "appropriate" word their is picked from the Spell Card "Swords at Dawn".

Archived