BuG!Ng Archetype

Yuya-Kun

This archetype is based around bouncing cards to your Hands and using bounce effects. it's insect type because Insects got no love, and i feel like in today's META, this deck would be atlas Rogue. You use your main Deck Monster's to bounce stuff for effects like built in Solemn Warnings and burn effects. You got Fusion Monster's, Xyz Monster and all that good stuff. 

[spoiler=Monsters]

Ls8yPbk.jpg

Effect:When this card is Normal Summoned, you can return 1 Monster you control to the Hand except "BuG!Ng - Firearms", and if you do, target 1 Set card your opponent control's, destroy it. If this card is returned to the Hand, Special Summon 1 "BuG!Ng" Monster from your Deck, and if you do, return to your Hand at the End Phase.

fdT3AVl.jpg

Effect: If a Monster is returned to your Hand, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand, and if you do, return 1 Monster you control to your Hand except "BuG!Ng - gL!tcH. Once per Turn: You can return 1 "BuG!Ng" Monster you control to your Hand, draw 1 card. If this card is returned to your Hand, Neither Player can activate card's and effect's in their Graveyards until the next End Phase.

ZOuGPzx.jpg

Effect:If a card or effect activates that would target a card you control, return this target to your Hand, negate that card and effect and if you do, destroy it. If this card is returned to your hand, except by its own effect, you can negate the effect of 1 Monster your opponent controls.

WE9gwYq.jpg

Effect: If a "BuG!Ng" Monster you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand in defence position. You can return 1 "BuG!Ng" Monster you control to your Hand, target 1 Monster your opponent control's, halve its ATK until the End Phase. If this card is returned to your Hand, you can target 1 Monster your opponent controls, it's ATK and DEF become 0.

v3guFSS.jpg

Effect: When this card is Summoned, you can return 1 "BuG!Ng" Monster to your Hand, equip 1 Monster your opponent controls to this card. A Monster equipped to this card becomes an Insect-Type Monster and can also be used as Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of a "BuG!Ng" Fusion Monster. If this card is returned to your Hand, banish 1 Monster in your opponent's Graveyard.

[spoiler=Traps]

AtKkqw8.jpg

Effect: When this card is activated, you can return 1 Monster you control to the Hand, target 1 Monster your opponent controls, change control of that target until the End Phase. If an opponent's monster declares an Attack, you can Special Summon as an Effect monster (Insect-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 1500/DEF 1200) With this effect

When this card is returned to your Hand, you can target 1 "BuG!Ng" Trap card in your Graveyard, add that target to your Hand.

fXjQ5Cm.jpg

Effect: When this card is activated, return all monster's your control to your hand, and if you do, return Monster's your opponent controls to their Hand equal to the Amount of monsters returned to your Hand. If an opponent's monster declares an Attack, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard as an effect Monster (Insect-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 1500/DEF 1200) With this effect

•If this card is returned to your Hand, you can add 1 "BuG!Ng" Trap card from your Deck to your Hand

71fyWmf.jpg

Effect: When this card is activated, return all "BuG!Ng" Monster's you control to your hand, and if you do inflict 500 damage to your opponent for every monster returned to your Hand this way. If you take damage from an opponent's monster, except during the damage step, Special Summon this from your Graveyard (Insect-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 1500/DEF 1200) With this effect

•If this card is Returned to your Hand, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

jL1Thyo.jpg

Effect: 1 "BuG!Ng" Monster + 1 Insect-Type Monster

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by returning the above monster's you control to your Hand (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned, you can target 1 Monster your opponent controls, destroy it, and if you do, return 1 monster your opponent controls to their hand. Once per Turn: You can return 1 Monster you control to your hand

UbDuBs9.jpg

Effect: 1 "BuG!Ng" Monster + 2 Insect-Type Monster's

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by returning the above monsters to your Hand (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per Turn: You can return 1 "BuG!nG" Monster you control to your Hand, return all monster's on the field to their Owner's hands. If a "BuG!NG" Monster you control leaves the field, this card gains 200 DEF.

n5TdTOq.jpg

1 "BuG!Ng" Fusion Monster + 2 Insect-Type Monster's

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by sending the above monsters you control to the Graveyard (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per Turn: You can return all monster's you control to the Hand, and if you do, gain LP equal to the amount of monster's returned x500. If this is targeted by a card effect, you can return 1 Monster you control to your Hand instead.

gzbePtq.jpg
Effect: 2 Level 3 Insect-Type Monster's
When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can return 1 Monster you control to the hand, this card gains 500 DEF, and if it does, target 1 monster your opponent control's, it loses 500 ATK. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, Special Summon 1 "BuG!Ng" Monster from your Hand. Any monster detached from this card is returned to the Hand instead

Ok I'm gonna go over the monsters that need small tweaks and what not. Most of the deck is real interesting, bringing back bounce backs without being borderline broken (Thanks Ice Tiger).

BuG!Ng - Firearms and Glitch: Probably change it's effect to not target itself, it leads to easy self bouncing and an exceptionally powerful turn one if both are in your hand.

BuGiNg - Teleport: The equipped card should have it's typing changed to insect since all fusions require an insect monsters.

BuG!Ng ST3ELING and B/R/OKI/N - Pretty sure it's an obvious type but the Tokens should be Insect not Warrior, right?

Archetypes based on self bouncing can lead to bad loops, and as this seems to be one of your first archetypes, I just want to say, sorry if I seem overly harsh, it’s just that a lot of care has to be taken when designing these cards. However, as these are bouncing monsters, and not Spells/Traps, that makes them a lot better in my book.

Firearms: Okay, so having a self bounce effect on Normal Summon is nice, but it would be better if it could be available on SS too. Since you’re not bouncing Spells/Traps, it would not be too strong, and honestly, it’d be fine. Anyway, I see your a bit new to PSCT, so make sure to read the guide here: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/322020-ocgpsct-thread-writing-your-card-properly/ and I’ll try to go through why I made the changes I did (additions will be bolded and italicized, while striking through things that are incorrect). Also, as this card can net you direct access from the Deck, including itself, it’d probably be best to put an except clause, and a HOPT to prevent it from searching itself.

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can return 1 monster you control to the hand except "BuG!Ng - Firearms", and if you do, then target 1 Set card your opponent controls; destroy it. If this card is returned to the hand: Special Summon 1 "BuG!Ng" monster, except “BuG!NG Firearms”, from your Deck, and if you do, return it to your hand during the End Phase. You can only use each effect of “BuG!Ng - Firearms” once per turn.

Reason for changes:

• You want to put colons after activation conditions, things like when this card is “Normal Summoned”, “If you control ____”, etc. This is to indicate where the condition to activate the effect ends, and what follows it.

• Capitalize whatever follows after the colon, in this case “you”

• “Monster” and “hand” do not need to be capitalized.

• “And if you do” should never precede target, you should always say “then target” if you want to do this.

• Don’t know why you had that apostrophe in “controls” as controls is not a noun, so it can’t possess something.

• As targeting is always a cost, you want to have a semicolon somewhere to designate what is the cost, and what is the effect. The cost, if any, is always between the colon and the semicolon (unless activation condition is present, in which case there is no colon, but still a semicolon).

• Added the except part so that it could not summon another copy of itself, which is usually not liked.

• You always want to say “during the ____ Phase”, “not at the ___ Phase” in all circumstances.

• Added a HOPT on the effects, so that it can’t be abused.

********************************************************************************************************

gL!tcH: Okay, I think the first effect should be that you can “Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, you can return 1 other monster you control to your hand.” Just because you don’t always want to bounce things back to the hand, and being forced to is a bit annoying. Also, I’d put HOPT (Hot once per turns: You can only activate the effects of this specific monster and all copies of it, once per turn) on these effects to prevent loops, as self bouncing tends to do. Right now you could bounce this card several times through some wombo combos, and draw a bunch. Last effect is good, but the effects of it should not last so long, only until the end of this turn.

If a monster is returned to your hand: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, you can return 1 monster you control to your hand, except "BuG!Ng - gL!tcH”. Once per Turn: You can target 1 "BuG!Ng" monster you control; return it to your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is returned to your hand: Any card effects that can activate in the Graveyard cannot be activated this turn. You can only use each effect of BuG!Ng - gL!tcH once per turn.

Reasons for changes:

• Added the “You can” so it’s optional, as getting rid of field presence could be a bit annoying if you don’t have the right card.

• Removed the “Once per turn” because I put the HOPT clause I mentioned earlier at the end of the card.

• Also made it have to target a “BuG!Ng” monster to return to the hand, as it’s better to do so when it comes to self bouncing effects, especially ones that allow you to draw.

• Changed the wording of the last effect to match that of “Abyss Dweller” who does something similar, also only for 1 turn, instead of 2, as that’s a bit too strong.

• Added the HOPT at the end to prevent loops from returning cards to your hand.

********************************************************************************************************

Pr0t3ct: Targeting protection is nice, but this seems a bit generic in protection as it could literally protect anything. Also, you could target your own cards to bounce them, which I’m not fond of being a possibility since this can bounce your own Spells/Traps. The wording on this card also made me confused at first if it’s bouncing itself or the targeted card, but I’m going to assume it does the former, as that’s more useful.

When a card or effect activates that targets 1 card you control (and no other cards): Return this card to your hand; negate that card and effect, and if you do, destroy it. If this card is returned to your hand, except by its own effect: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls: negate its effects of 1 Monster your opponent controls. You can only use each effect of “BuG!Ng - Pr0t3ct” once per turn.

Reasons for changes:

• Since this is activated in response to something, so it must chain to it, you need to say “When”.

• The wording for the activation also had to be changed, in the first sentence, so I took it from “Jizukiru, the Start Destroying Kaiju”. You want to signify that you’re only talking about 1 card, instead of saying a card, or else it leads to confusion in cases where you only mean 1 specific card.

• I changed the last bit so that it targeted, as non-targeting negation you can possibly use multiple times per turn seemed a bit strong.

• While the HOPT on this is not as necessary as other ones, it’s still recommended since it has multiple effects.

ReTurN: I feel like this should recurse the destroyed material so that it serves as decent recovery, like “Red-Eyes Retro Dragon”, as is, that effects not worth it, unless you’re destroying your own cards with “Metalfoes”, and want to build field presence. Also, this is able to bounce itself, and that’s not good, because then it could use both of its effects, and also, you should probably put HOPT on those effects too.

If a "BuG!Ng" monster(s) you control is destroyed by an opponent’s attack or by card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position, and if you do, Special Summon as many of those destroyed monsters as possible in the same battle position they were in when destroyed. You can target 1 "BuG!Ng" monster you control, except “BuG!Ng ReTurN”, and 1 monster your opponent controls; return the first target to your hand, and if you do, halve the second target’s ATK until the End Phase. If this card is returned to your hand: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; its ATK and DEF become 0. You can only use each effect of “BuG!Ng - ReTurN” once per turn.

Reason for changes:

• First effect is modeled after “Red-Eyes Retro Dragon to make it more useful in terms of recovery and building field presence.

• Second effect was made such that it needs to target a monster other than itself to return to the hand, as you should target cards you’re going to bounce to the hand in most circumstances.

• First target and second target become necessary, as multiple monsters are being targeted, and having different things done to them.

• Added a HOPT so that it can’t be looped. It’s not as necessary on this card, but I’d still suggest it in all honesty.

//Teleport: Okay, a monster equipped to another monster cannot be treated as monster, it is treated as a Spell/Trap card equipped to a monster, that’s why you can destroy it with MST. If you want some workaround to make it so that it can be used as Fusion Material be redoing the effect, I’d be happy to help in that way, but for now, I’m just going to ignore it. Also, I think that last effect would be better if it banished any card from your opponent’s Graveyard, not just monsters.

When this card is Summoned: You can target 1 other "BuG!Ng" monster you control, and 1 monster your opponent controls; return the first target to your hand, and if you do, equip the second target to this card. A Monster equipped to this card becomes an Insect-Type Monster and can also be used as Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of a "BuG!Ng" Fusion Monster. If this card is returned to your hand: You can target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it. You can only use each effect of “BuG!Ng - //Teleport” once per turn.

Reasons for changes:

• I made it so that it targets the monsters, as non-targeting, non-destruction removal is rather powerful for a monster, especially if you’re benefitting from the self bouncing.

• I added “other”, as technically it could bounce itself, but then nothing would happen as it would not be on the field to equip your opponent’s monster to it. Also, for a few of these you could add “other” instead of “except” clauses, and it would be fine, you can ask me later if you want to know which.

• Removed that part about the monster equipped to this card, if you would want some other ideas of how to make this work, like maybe having it take control of a monster instead, I’d be willing to help.

• Made it target a card in your opponent’s Graveyard, as it’s better to do so.

• Added a HOPT so you can’t potentially banish your entire opponent’s Graveyard through a loop.

sT3elinG: Okay, this is a Normal Trap, not a Continuous Trap, so you don’t need to say “when this card is activated”. Also, I see you're trying to make it a Trap Monster, but the Trap Monster can’t summon itself and activate an effect unrelated to its monster effect at the same time. So it’dbe better to just have it have an effect on summon to try and mirror this.

When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card as an Effect monster (Insect-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 1500/DEF 1200). With this effect • If Summoned this way: Target 1 other monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; return the first target to your hand, take control of the second target until the End Phase. When this card is returned to your hand: You can target 1 "BuG!Ng" Trap card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. You can only activate each effect of “BuG1Ng sT3elinG” once per turn.

Reasons for changes:

• Again, as it’s a Normal Trap, you don’t need to say when this card is activated, it’s already assumed it does something upon activation..

• Since it seems you wanted it be activated when an opponent declares an attack, I made it the condition for the entire card.

• I made it so the when this card is activated instead refers to “when this card is summoned this way” to better correspond to other Monster Trap cards.

• Made it have to bounce another card so it could not bounce itself, otherwise it could be played in anything as just a way to steal a card your opponent controls, then return itself to the hand to use again next turn.

• Removed the bullet point, as Trap Monsters have never used those from what I’ve seen.

• Added HOPT again, to prevent abuse.

• Post-Edit: I just noticed this was an accident due to you leaving out, “while this card is in your Graveyard”, however, this is a big no-no. Most monster traps that come back from the Graveyard have specific conditions to do so, and when they don’t, they must be banished when they leave the field so they cannot act as a shield from direct attacks for the entire game, but that would mean of course you couldn’t bounce them, as they’d be banished instead, so I’m going to keep addressing them how I did with this one.

B/R/0KI/N: Not really a big fan of this, this is a Storming Mirror Force that can be activated outside of the Battle Phase, meaning it’s hard to get rid of, and cause some serious disruption. I’d suggest making it just an Air Force for you.

When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard as an effect Monster (Insect-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 1500/DEF 1200). If summoned this way: Return all other monsters on the field to the hand. With this effect

If this card is returned to your hand: You can add 1 "BuG!Ng" Trap card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate each effect of “BuG!Ng B/R/0KI/N” once per turn.

Reasons for changes:

• Same as above.

F1am3: Very interesting, but somewhat risky. The burn this offers and effects it gets off could be substantial, but it does leave you more vulnerable. I think the above two would probably be run over this, but I like that you made it.

When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard as an effect Monster (Insect-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 1500/DEF 1200). If summoned this way: Return all other “BuG!ng” monsters you control to your hand, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for every monster returned to your hand this way. With this effect •If this card is returned to your hand: Inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent You can only activate each effect of “BuG!Ng F1am3” once per turn.

Reasons for changing:

• Same as above.

B1az3: I like that its Fusion also works as a way to bounce your monsters, though I might limit it to only being able to be summoned once per turn, because this is readily accessible to you at anytime. I like that you make the other material an Insect, so that it can be splashed in other Insect decks. The on summon effect is a bit too strong though, makes your opponent go neg 2. It’d be better to work them together with the 3rd effect. Also, you can bounce this to and another insect monster to summon another copy of this, which again, leads to loops.

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by returning the above monsters you control to your hand (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned, you can target 1 Monster your opponent controls, destroy it, and if you do, return 1 monster your opponent controls to their hand. Once per turn: You can target 1 other monster you control, and 1 monster your opponent controls: Return the first target to your hand, and if you do, destroy the second. You can only use this effect of “BuG!Ng - B1az3” once per turn. You can only Special Summon 1 “BuG!Ng” Fusion Monster per turn.

Reason for changes:

• Since it only requires two materials, and is rather easy to summon, returning 1 monster to pop 1 monster your opponent controls is rather fair for difficulty to summon.

• You should only be able to Special Summon this thing once per turn, as it bounces your monster immediately, which is too strong to be usable multiple times in a turn. You need a limit on how many you can summon per turn.

b00m: Looking ahead, and this effect should be swapped with “bAn!g”, as this amount of mass removal is too strong for such a monster. Anyway, I’ll correct the PSCT, and leave it untouched for you to change if you so desire.

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by returning the above monsters to your hand (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can target 1 other "BuG!nG" monster you control; return it to your hand, and if you do, return all other monsters on the field to their Owner's hands. You can only use this effect of “BuG!Ng - b00m” once per turn. If a "BuG!NG" monster(s) you control leaves the field: This card gains 200 DEF for each “BuG!Ng” monster. You can only Special Summon 1 “BuG!Ng” Fusion Monster per turn.

Reason for changes:

• Same as above.

• Also, don’t need to say owner’s hand anymore, as it’s implied that they go back to those hands if bounced.

bAn!g: Seeing as this can’t bounce cards back to your hand on summon, it’s much more justified in having an effect like “bAn!g” and is one that would be fine without the restriction on summons, which you could remove by changing the name so it doesn’t suffer from the condition I suggested to limit summons of these Fusion monsters. I’d just make it so it can only bounce other cards if you put it on “b00m”, so that it can’t put itself in the Extra Deck if targeted by a destruction effect.

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by sending the above monsters you control to the Graveyard (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can return all other monsters you control to the hand, and if you do, gain LP equal to the number of monsters returned x500. You can only use this effect of “BuG!Ng - bAn!g” once per turn. If this is targeted by a card effect: You can target 1 other monster you control; return it to your hand, and if you do, negate it.

Reason for changes:

• Same as above

5warM1nG: Nope, needs some sever restrictions. Since detaching a material is a cost, you can return a “BuG!Ng” monster to your hand, make its effect go off, then SS it, since it’s in your hand before you use the effect. There’s no HOPT limit, so you can detach both materials from this, summon them by this effect, go into this again, and repeat until you have 3 out on the field, in which case you can go for Number F0.

If this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target 1 other monster you control, and 1 monster your opponent controls; return the first target to the hand, and if you do, this card gains 500 DEF, and if you do that, the second target  loses 500 ATK. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 "BuG!Ng" monster from your hand. Any monster detached from this card is returned to the Hand instead.

Reasons for changes:

• “If” is usually preferred over “when” for “on summon effects”, you can’t target a monster after activating an effect, it has to be before.

• I removed that last clause, as that’s too strong, and again, a real easy way to bounce cards back to your hand to use as materials. Make it the effect of a Continuous Spell or something, but not inherent to the monsters.

Overall: I like the ideas presented here, I feel they could use a bit of clean-up though and abuse prevention. Still, for a first try you presented a very interesting archetype, and I’d like to see what more you can do in the future. If you have any questions, be sure to ask, and read that guide on PSCT to learn how to write better cards.

Archived