[AGMGift, Written] Happy Holidays, Card Aficionados! [17/19(?)]

Draconus297

SO!

We can all agree that 2016 was a godawful year. Absolutely atrocious. That said, the people you talk to can make the whole thing tolerable, and that's what this thread is here for. Yes, by my own rules, set with a little help from the Yurricane and the active members of the AGM, I have to make 4 cards, minimum, for my Secret Santa recipient within the AGM. Whatever, that's fine. However, everyone on this site who's helped make this train wreck more bearable gets a card.

That's right, folks, I'm jumping right off the deep end in terms of ambition and giving damned near everyone I know on this site a present. I already have my ideas in order, I just need breaks between posts to rest my hands and fix some of the more openly broken ones before they hit this thread and get my little present list flamed and torn down in a rage because I forgot an awkward interaction one of my cards has with a real card (even though the AGM pool is mildly less insane than Konami's Zoodiac disaster).

But I digress.

Here we are, people. Thank you all, and hope for a better tomorrow.

Now, let's relax with some cards.

[spoiler= Sakura Haruno]

Occupying the top spot in our list is my Secret Santa recipient, the one and only Sakura. Give him a big hand, as well as some credit- keeping track of a forum like Custom Cards, on a site founded for cardmaking, is some hard work, and he has earned a modicum of respect from me.

Thank you, good sir, for your help keeping the AGM moving, and for keeping a lid on the insanity constantly going on in your area.

Now, regarding the cards. Pokémon . . . Hawaii . . . protective effects . . . Synchro dragons. It's the "mo'o" line, who am I trying to kid?

Anyway, in terms of design, I went for something that reflects its increasing resilience and strength as it evolves- so, I started small and worked my way up with protective effects. However, because I started with both strength and protection, this set of 4 lacks a Main Deck monster. Instead, I went for something that upped both consistency and power.

Jangmo'o, Soft-Armored Dragon

LIGHT - Level 4 - Dragon/Synchro/Tuner/Effect - 1800/2300

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters

Cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. If your opponent would destroy a card(s) you control with a card or effect, that card or effect instead destroys no cards (You can only activate this effect of "Jangmo'o, Soft-Armored Dragon" once per turn). If this monster is used as Synchro Material, you can add 1 "Festival of the Armored Dragon" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Hakamo'o, Tough-Armored Dragon

LIGHT - Level 6 - Dragon/Synchro/Effect - 2000/2500

1 Dragon-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters

Cannot be destroyed or targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, if your opponent would destroy and/or target a card(s) you control with a card or effect, you can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. If "Jangmo'o, Soft-Armored Dragon" was used as Synchro Material for this monster's Summon, this effect can be activated an additional time during the turn you Summon a Dragon-Type Synchro monster.

Kommo'o, Unbreakable-Armored Dragon

LIGHT - Level 10 - Dragon/Synchro/Effect - 2800/3300

1 Synchro Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type Synchro monsters

Cannot be destroyed or targeted for attacks or effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if your opponent would negate an attack or effect with a card or effect, you can negate the activation, and if you do, shuffle that card into the Deck. If this card's effect returns a Monster Card to the Deck, this monster gains ATK equal to the DEF of that monster, and vice versa, until the end of the turn.

Festival of the Armored Dragon

Quick-Play Spell

If this card is added to your hand, except by drawing or the effect of "Jangmo'o, Soft-Armored Dragon", reveal this card to your opponent: They can draw 2 cards. Until the end of the turn, all face-up "mo'o" monsters you control gain ATK equal to double the difference between their current ATK and DEF. You can shuffle this card from your Graveyard into your Deck: Special Summon 1 "mo'o" Synchro monster from your Graveyard in Defense Position. You can only activate 1 effect of "Festival of the Armored Dragon" per turn, and only once that turn.

[spoiler=The Nyx Avatar]

A member from close to the beginning of the AGM, and one of our most prolific cardmakers, Nyx occupies a special place in the roster, and indeed, I'm glad to have done multiple collaborative projects with them. Also, always always always finds card art. That's harder than it sounds.

Nyx likes occult themes, Synchros, LIGHT Fiends, and hates Graveyard triggers along the lines of Shaddolls and BA. So . . . here we are.

Sand Halter Namrus

LIGHT - Level 10 - Fiend/Synchro/Effect - 2600/2900

1 Fiend-Type Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner LIGHT monsters

Cards cannot activate their effects in the Graveyard during the turn they were sent to the Graveyard. During either player's Standby Phase, you can discard 1 card to target 1 card in the Graveyard: Banish it, then send it from the Banished Zone to the Graveyard during the next Standby Phase.

[spoiler= JustYui]

Hoo boy, where to begin with this one? Just as in to silly card design as I am, a longtime comrade in the RP section, and has started more off-the-wall trends than I can shake a stick at. I provided his user title, he provided me with help in setting up this damned AGM Secret Santa thing, so I figure it's my turn again to do something for him.

I feel like I'm forgetting something . . . oh yeah. Maximum yuri with this guy. The majority of his RP characters are lesbian, and it's become a running gag that if no one else makes a girl he can finagle one of his own close to, he will make an all-girl army that would make Hayate proud. It's just in his nature, and I can understand wanting to do something fun.

So . . . this. I know that, in terms of card design, Yui is all over the place, liking Gusto and Shiranui most notably. So, without further ado, a little bit of insanity:

Soul's Gust

Normal Spell

If all monsters in your Graveyard are the same Attribute, and your opponent controls at least 2 more monsters than you do, select and activate 1 of the following effects:

●Shuffle any number of cards from your Graveyard into your Deck, and if you do, Special Summon a number of monsters from your Graveyard exactly equal to the number of cards returned to the Deck this way.

●Banish any number of monsters from your Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck of the same Attribute as the banished monsters, with a Level exactly equal to the number of cards banished this way.

You can only activate 1 "Soul's Gust" per turn. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn.

[spoiler= Dova]

Honestly, this one is something else.

Dova joined the AGM after we were already in full swing, and honestly I didn't expect I'd like him around much- but at the time we were in need of members, any members. Holy hell was I wrong, and I'm glad I was.

He's done quite a few things for our little group, and collaborated with me on "Barrk", which is still one of my favorite AGM projects that doesn't involve a Counter system. He's that good. Naturally, I expected to enjoy designing for him, as well, but his tastes are a hodgepodge . . . I couldn't find much of a definite theme to what he liked, which made designing something for him a lot more difficult than I anticipated.

However, I then remembered what he said about our lack of Ritual support, and good Ritual monsters, in the AGM. So . . . here's my attempt at generic Ritual support.

Easing of Rites

Quick-Play Spell

If you control a face-up monster, except a Ritual monster, you can add 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If there is a face-up Spell Card on the field, you can add 1 Ritual monster from your Deck to your hand. If you would activate a Ritual Spell Card that names a Ritual monster, except during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can banish this card from your Graveyard as the entire Tribute.

[spoiler= Tojin]

No, he doesn't frequently contribute to the AGM anymore, but he's still a member that has made an impression on me due to his Generics contributions. Honestly, there's long periods of time between his card postings, but it almost seems that he spends all that time planning. It's weird.

Generally speaking, he likes battle and FLIP variants of stun (FLIPRocks and Dark Scorpions especially), and he enjoys LIGHT Rocks. I can do that.

Treasure-Room Guard

LIGHT - Level 3 - Rock/Flip/Effect - 400/2000

FLIP: The ATK of all monsters on the field becomes their DEF, and vice versa, also switch this monster to Attack Position.

If this monster inflicts Battle Damage, your opponent must randomly banish 1 card from their hand. Once per turn, you can flip this monster into face-down Defense Position.

[spoiler= Goku Black]

Or Saiku, or Kazo, or Saikazo, Expand Gong, The Flawless Hit, or any of the other countless names this particular monument to humility this guy is. Honestly, he's generally levelheaded and competent, which is more than I can or will say about members of my own family, and yet he tends to deny his praiseworthy attributes for some unknown reason.

He's not a cardmaker like me, but he has occasionally churned out random customs. His card preferences seem to hit Superheavies, LV, and the ever-beloved Spell Counter Magicians. Sounds like a challenge. I like a challenge.

Superheavy Samurai Flagbearer

EARTH - Level 3 - Machine/Effect - 200/1800

During each End Phase, increase this monster's DEF by its current ATK. If your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, or the effect of a Spell/Trap Card, while there are no Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard: Increase this monster's ATK by 300. A "Superheavy Samurai" Synchro monster Summoned using this monster as Material gains DEF equal to its Level x200.

(Note: "Superheavy Samurai" is not an AGM-approved archetype.)

[spoiler= Champion0]

The newest official member of the AGM, and was also victim to the same "dislike of the new guy" syndrome that almost made me dismiss Dova. Still, he's proven himself quite well in the last couple of months, and honestly I'm glad he's in our lineup.

That said, he had a quite specific wishlist, involving everything from FIRE/DARK to pun names to an evolution theme to rival monster stats, so naturally this was a bit of a challenge . . . but that's half the fun.

I decided to go for a "playing with fire" joke, and . . . yeah.

Flameplay Sorcerer

FIRE - Rank 8 - Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect - 3000/2500

2 Level 8 monsters

A monster destroyed by battle with this monster is attached to this card as Xyz Material. This monster gains 400 ATK and DEF for every Xyz Material attached to "Flameplay Sorcerer". During either player's turn, you can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card: Destroy all cards on the field, except "Flameplay Sorcerer".

[spoiler= Broke N.]

I'm going to level with everyone: I thought Brokes would be this stuck-up breadbasket of a human being when I first met him. My first impressions of people are godawful. However, I now know that he's just generally quiet and cynical- me, minus the whole "make groups to get things organized" deal. And the love/hate relationship with puns. And the maxed out trivia. Replace all that with immense amounts of time to make extensively well-made archetype support (something I can't really do anymore), and you have me and Broken lined up.

So, regarding Broken's card tastes . . . honestly, all the way across the board, although he enjoys darker themes: he's made Evil HERO, Gimmick Puppet, and Cyberdark support in the past, and it was all really good in my honest opinion.

However, this begs the question: What to make? Answer: an Evil HERO support card that was a long time coming.

Evil HERO Body Shifter

DARK - Level 6 - Fiend/Effect - 2200/1800

This monster can substitute any Fusion Material for the Summon of a "Evil HERO" Fusion monster. If this card is in your hand or Graveyard, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:

●Reveal 1 "Polymerization" Spell Card in your hand; All cards of the same name as that card can be treated as "Dark Fusion" until the end of the turn.

●Add 1 "Dark Fusion" or "Dark Calling" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

You can only activate this effect of "Evil HERO Body Shifter" once per turn.

[spoiler= egotisticalghost]

I know he goes by Metal Sonic now, but really, I'll be stubbornly saying EG until I stop coming to this site, one way or the other.

Anyway, his recent dropping of the group has shaken us- he contributed a lot, and quite frankly I'm thrown off by how blasé he was about leaving. So, here's some support for Kozmo, his favorite archetype:

Kozmo Turn

Quick-Play Spell

Banish 1 "Kozmo" monster on your field or in the Graveyard:

●If the banished monster was LIGHT, Special Summon 1 DARK "Kozmo" monster from your hand or Deck.

●If the banished monster was DARK, Special Summon 1 LIGHT "Kozmo" monster from your hand or Deck.

(Note: "Kozmo" is not an AGM-approved archetype).

[spoiler= Casval Zaikun]

Zaibot is a mechanical maestro, who snrk keeps up a steady post rate snrk- okay, I can't keep a straight face. Zai posts once in a blue moon, yet is freaking always on Skype. Still, he's one hell of an RP host, and a great RPer in his own right. He's also great at keeping control of things,and watches a lot of mech anime. Gundam good, Eva bad.

Now, he loves his Synchro Shokan, like seemingly everyone on this damned site, and has a particular affinity for Speedroids and Blue-Eyes. In fact, he built a functioning IRL Blue-Eyes Deck, which costs a pretty penny- give him a hand for his dedication!

So naturally, I began to look for something that both Decks could reliably make that could compete for ED space in either . . . I got this.

Dragon-Wing Armored Unit

LIGHT - Level 9 - Dragon/Synchro/Effect - 2800/3000

1 or more Tuners + 1 non-Tuner monster

This monster is also always treated as Machine-Type.

If this monster battles your opponent's monster, you can Special Summon 1 of your banished monsters in Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step (this Summon and effect cannot be negated). You can return 1 Synchro monster from your Graveyard to your Extra Deck: This monster gains ATK equal to the returned monster's Level x100, also if this monster attacks this turn, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step (You can only activate this effect of "Dragon-Wing Armored Unit" once per turn).

[spoiler= Tinkerer]

Congratulations, you started it all! Your Archetype Game is the raison d'etre for the AGM, as we build the archetypes created in that thread. So, really, you can be lauded as much as I can for founding this thing.

As for a card, well . . . We have Level 2 Thunder support, you wanted WATER or DARK Thunder and weird mechanics . . . got you covered.

Return Bolt

DARK - Level 2 - Thunder/Effect - 1000/0

If a card(s) or effect(s) you control is negated, you can reveal this card in your hand: Inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent, also negate that negation.

[spoiler= VCR_CAT]

Okay, this guy. THIS GUY. He's arguably the most competitive YGO player I know, and he has put a bit of a damper on my more . . . insane cardmaking projects. This is both a good and bad thing, and honestly I flip-flop back and forth between agreeing with his intelligently-made points and wanting to kick him to the moon.

His card tastes, as far as I am aware, amount to non-LIGHT Machines and Cardians, and he has declared a love of the Battle Phase. So, in this case, I did some minor investigation of CAT's beloved Trains, and, well . . .

Refrigerated Transport Rail

EARTH - Level 10 - Machine/Effect - 3000/3000

You can discard this card: Special Summon 1 Level 10 Machine-Type monster from your hand, except "Refrigerated Transport Rail", in face-up Defense Position. If you Xyz Summon a Rank 10 Machine-Type Xyz monster, you can Special Summon this monster from your Graveyard with its ATK and DEF reduced to 0, and if you do, you can target 1 Xyz monster you control: That target can attack twice this turn. If this monster is detached from an Xyz monster as Material and sent to the Graveyard: This card's owner draws 1 card.

[spoiler= Talim Rave]

She's fun, she does RP, she's still technically in the AGM. That's the extent of my experience with Talim, but honestly that's about all I need.

She likes Toons- that much is obvious. In fact, for her gift last year I made the card that eventually gained the name "Toon Fusion", which gives the AGM access to arguably the most absurd Toon support out there: the ability to Fusion with Toons to create anything that the non-Toon version of that card could create (ie, making Toon Summoned Skull and Red-Eyes Toon Dragon into a sort-of "Toon B. Skull Dragon").

So, this year, in reference to her Ditto character in my current Pokémon RP, and her love of Toons . . . a monstrosity that will make AGM Toons a legitimate threat as a Deck, given the right opponent.

Toon Copycat

LIGHT - Level 1 - Spellcaster/Toon/Effect - 0/0

When this monster is Summoned, you can target 1 monster on the field: This monster's name, ATK, and DEF become the same as the target (this card is still a "Toon" monster). If you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no "Toon" monsters, this monster can attack your opponent directly. If "Toon World" is destroyed, destroy this monster.

[spoiler= CAFE AMERICANO]

I HAVE TWO HOURS LEFT UNTIL MIDNIGHT AND I DON'T REMEMBER HOW WE MET SO I CAN'T COMMENT IN GOOD HUMOR. HE'S A GOOD RPER.

HE SAYS HE LIKES AQUA MADOOR. I'LL MAKE THAT A REAL ARCHETYPE.

Madoor Pond

Continuous Spell

"Madoor" monsters you control gain ATK equal to half their original DEF. If a "Madoor" monster attacks, you can Special Summon 1 "Madoor" monster from your hand or Deck in face-up Defense Position. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Madoor" monster from your Graveyard.

More to come later!

I generally don't review cards, but Soul's Gust deserves an exception. It's a wonderful gift so I'll try to put more verbose thoughts than "I like it it's fun" here. What imma do to be exact is review it twice; once as a Gusto player, then again as a Shiranui player.

Gusto: Simply put, this thing rocks if you can hang in there a bit to pull it off. It makes it pretty easy to recycle your used-up Quill Pens, Foolish, or other cards that can't be recycled like most Gusto stuff can. Gusto usually don't need that many monsters on the field either, since they generally just sit on one set of looping searchers until they pull Pilica, make Sphreez, then proceed to kill everything by shooting tiny birds out of a catapult. Costing the Battle Phase for this sadly means it won't work for SphreezTK plays, but it can let you wall up real nice if you need to breathe for a bit with the first effect, or grab Pilica from the deck to make Sphreez for a setup you've made for next turn. Anything that can search Pilica tends to be good in Gusto, and the second effect does that pretty nicely.

Shiranui: The thing I like about the wording of the restriction on this card's activation is that you can use it if you've used up all the Mezukis in your grave and banish any Uni-Zombies that got in there (you can do this pretty smoothly with Shogunsaga). Much like the case with Gusto, the first effect is a great way to recycle S/Ts and wall back up in case you're in a tight corner. The one that shines here, however, is the second effect. Losing the Battle Phase hurts Shiranui a lot more than Gusto since it likes to go ham and then OTK that turn, but this lets you trigger basically the entire archetype while pulling a monster from the deck. You can pull Spectralsword with this and still net a +3 (this is for banishing only two monsters), then make massive synchro plays. Nice.

Might as well review the cards you based on the Kommo-o line for me (yeah, mo'o is written with the 'okina or apostrophe for alternative writing here in actual Hawaiian).

From a playable standpoint, not really seeing a Deck that will feasibly make Jangmo'o, given the requirements. Granted, that other Archetype I designed a while back would certainly have no issues in doing so. The destruction protection is nice though, both its internal one and the general thing; latter one would be better if you got to choose when your opponent will destroy no cards. Not that I have an issue with it as-is (since you'll probably do it anyway), but would be nice to have that choice.

Hakamo'o has a similar issue with its summoning with relevant Decks; it can be made, yes, but not really in an idealistic way. The evolution effect one is nice if you use Jangmo'o as a mat, but it requires that you ladder well with it. Can't argue with a Majespecter clause though; neither with negation.

Kommo'o isn't bad though; sure, it doesn't stop stuff like the Solemn Traps, but suppose it does get around stuff like CDI negation or whatever monsters that like to negate stuff. Not sure how often this effect will be used, considering that you need to be chaining it to effects that can negate, and most of these effects are SS3. If stall is still around, suppose you can block those Decks with this out. For the most part, this thing is a heavy wall to remove, and keeping Spirit Barrier up will certainly make the most out of it. (If you wanted to make this over Shooting Star / Chronicle in Stardusts, this would be an option, but I don't think you'd want to pass up SSD/Chronicle for this.

Festival is nice for pushing for heavy damage, albeit the difference between their stats isn't too much to really destroy something (well, you can push for 2500-3800 with the latter two, respectively, so that's something, I guess). Also can't argue about revival, especially if you revive Kommo'o with this and it becomes a bulky wall.

-----

Overall, I do appreciate that you made these in addition to incorporating the source concept and yeah, I thank you for making these for me.

Merry Christmas :)

But blase is in my business card, don't you know. Also, you know I don't like just Kozmo, right? Anything I can tech The Seven Sins in is alright in my book.

Anyway, Kozmo Turn? Really, I'm trying to figure out the Wizard of Oz and Star Wars cross here. Anyway, really nice for an OTK, which I absolutely love. No fear, no cowarding. Just straight up offense. Oh, and no hard OPT? Hehehehe, how deliciously evil. Forerunner->Destroyer->Farmgirl->Eclipser->Sliprider, then Cydra Infinity if I feel like enough of a jerk, which I most likely will.

It was actually meant to represent the Face-Heel Turns common to both- the art would likely show Kozmo Dark Lady and a younger, more "good" version of herself (both in reference to the events of Wicked and the ending to Episode III). The DARK -> LIGHT transition is a reference to Vader's return to the light before his death.

Also, Sakura, Kommo'o's negation negation is intended to be SS3, I just didn't know how to word it so it showed as much.

Hehe, the best tools are simple but effective. Not to mention, there's nothing like seeing the look on your opponent's face when they realize that you're attacking with a Tooned-Out version of their own ace monster. XD

I do apologize for the extreme lack of inactivity, but my heart kinda long fell out of this. I admittedly realized early that I wasn't gonna be much help in this whole endeavor with my lack of knowledge regarding recent Yugioh and my overall falling out of it and was hoping to quietly fade out of this...not that you would seem to let me, Drac. :P

OH MY GOD FLAMEPLAY SORCERER!

OK, there's a lot to mention here, so lemme get stated on the obvious: This guy is powerful as hell! First of all, a quick-Nuke that costs 1 material and can be used over and over is some intense stuff there. Beyond that, the ATK and Material gaining effects make this so much more consistent in terms of destruction. Almost too consistent. Not to mention: he's pretty high-rank and lacks much difficulty in summoning him. Seriously, a good Igknight deck could put this guy out fairly fast. 

Of course, I'm not complaining, that's all awesome! I'm just worried what would happen if I ever tried to use this guy. Seriously, the salt is real here.

The name is very clever, so you get extra points for that. 11/10 would use.

Archived