[Leaderboard] Season 15 Postseason (Match 1-2)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

General stuff

- First to 3 votes or whoever gets the most votes by 8:00 pm HST on 12/26/2016 wins
- Voters must elaborate on their votes.

- If neither card is deemed sufficient, you may vote card C to indicate a draw.
- Participants or I reserve the right to nullify votes if reasoning is insufficient.

- I reserve the right to tie-break if this ends in a 0-0 or equal score.

- Winner moves on to round 2 and receives a rep from the opponent
- All voters will get reps for accepted votes.

Requirement

Make a card based on Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

----

Card A

fri9g.jpg

When this card is Summoned: you can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast-type monster from your Deck or Graveyard. If this card battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card would leave the field, you can Tribute 1 other monster you control instead.

Card B

Scarlet Light Reindeer
Level 4 | LIGHT | Beast | Effect

1800/1200
If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Santa Claws" from your deck to your hand. If a monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field: You can change that card to face-up Attack Position.

-----

Good luck to both competitors and may the voting begin.

(Also, this was supposed to be a 3 way match, but as ~nya~ didn't submit a card by the deadline, which passed a few minutes ago, nor requested an extension, he gets an automatic drop, so this becomes a standard 1v1.)

photo-808290.jpg

(I told you guys I'm doing an IC vote for round 1)

====

Card A

You guys really like linking me to Santa Claws / Satan Claus, don't you (at least picture-wise; even if it fits thematically)? But that aside, let's go. 

It's a generic 2-mat Level 9 Synchro, which is good considering the lack of them outside Cloudicastle / Vermillion Mech Dragon (Giganticastle is kinda bad, and I don't think Chaofeng works well outside its intended Decks). Its on-summon effect is certainly not short of viable targets, so that's useful (Beast decks get a consistency booster, which helps); otherwise, you can probably live without it. Second effect really ties into what the legends say about me; I light the way (and an Armades clause works, even if there are some arguments against adding it). Like I mentioned in the other match, not really keen on the Tributing monster thing to keep me alive, but suppose it's needed because you ARE looking at a 2900 ATK 'mon that can't be stopped when it battles AND you get a freebie out of it when you summon it.

Picture doesn't sit well with me, but that's a minor gripe and otherwise the card is fine overall.

Card B

Well, I can't argue with a free searcher for Santa Claws, since it sets up for monster removal and also forcing said Santa Claws into Attack Position for this to destroy. Part of me would've liked if it could change battle positions regardless, as opposed to being limited to Attack Position only. Looking at most Decks nowadays, a lot of them do summon in Attack Position, so you won't get much mileage out of it (still has its uses though; either stop Decks that tend to be defensive by nature, or stop the opponent from blocking if you have the upper hand).

Still, it has a sturdy body and effect is certainly useful; not as much as I would personally like, but that's likely me thinking about U.A. Blockbacker in terms of comparable effects.

------

Card A: Addition to 2-mat generic 9 pool, fuels Beast decks (and the other stuff) and Armades on a 29/13 body.

Card B: Searches Santa Claws/sets up for it, changes monsters to Attack Position.

I really like both of these cards, but in terms of application, I have to pick A on this one; in the long run, it does more (well, it is a bigger monster so that's to be expected). I would've probably chosen B if it could change stuff to Defense Position too, but can't really be greedy on this one.

====

So yeah, AEZ goes on to round 2 and CuriousHeartless goes to LL1. (I really didn't want to vote against either of them, but unless I want this tournament to drag on forever, I have to)

Can only wonder what would've happened if we did get a 3-way in here...

Archived