RP Smash [OOC/Conditional Acceptance/PG-16]

IC

[spoiler=Interest Check Stuff]So after much deliberation it is decided that this will be the next RP I host! Now, to explain what it is...Hmm? What's that? Oh, well, I suppose it's only fitting.

fBU5itm.jpg?1

Did you really think I could sit this one out? Hello, again, YCM. My name, as some of you oh so cleverly figured out long ago, is Mauvache. I have come here once more to present to you an opportunity. A chance for a rather unusual, and, I expect, entertaining Role-play. I come from a different world, nay, dimension, than you all are used to. It's a world torn asunder by war after war. One that entertainment is not just a luxury but a necessity to keep the people from despairing.

And that's where I come in. Don't worry about my actions some of you have witnessed here. I assure you I am here for the sole purpose of entertaining OTHERS. I have the distinct honor of owning a most extravagant arena. One with battlefields that can be virtually, literally, anything. You, or rather your characters, will face off in battles for the entertainment of the masses. You will earn points, have legendary battles, and use said points to both pay for your food, lodgings (including ability to customize them!), and many various prizes and rewards.

But, you may ask, what kind of characters will you have? Well, that's where the real fun starts. You won't be creating new characters, nor will you have characters from my own world. No, you will use RP characters you already created. They will be transported, at a point in their timeline you may choose, to my world to take part in this game. Of course, changes may be made to make them more...suitable for the level of combat we expect here. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. You will have many events, and activities, outside of battle. And the focus will be on your characters and their interactions.

But that's neither here nor there. This is only an Interest Check, don't get ahead of yourself, there's a time and place for everything.

You may wonder who, exactly, I am. And how I, specifically, am able to bring people from different worlds together for this game.

To that I say...That's the mystery, isn't it?

And now time for the casting call!

[spoiler=Plot]There are many worlds, universes, even dimensions, that exist all at once. Your characters are from all sorts of worlds, many of which never even knowing of the others’ existence. A powerful force has grabbed them and pulled them all into a single world, a single city, to a mysterious magician named Mauvache. The reason? To entertain. The world you are all sent to is one that craves entertainment to keep up hope. A war-torn land where the people turn to others to keep them sane and happy. That’s where you come in. You will be playing Arena fighters and battling each other in various virtual battlefields. Earn points, purchase things with these points, from furniture to food to movie tickets, battle strange and diverse foes, and discover the mysteries of this Arena and its unusual hostess.

That’s the main idea, at least. In reality it’s much simpler. You will be playing characters and interacting within a world that they know nothing about. Talk with NPCs, battle against each other and in special events, and just develop your character in general.

[spoiler=Setting]Set on the planet Rama-Indri. In the city of Prana. The world seems to be a futuristic, by our standards, one with magic and technology beyond what Modern Earth is capable of. It’s a world where the many cities are generally isolated. Prana in particular seems almost untouched by the wars that have ravaged much of the planet outside of it. There are three levels to the city and the Arena/Apartments which will be your home is on the top-most level.
The Arena is where your characters work and the Apartments are where they live.
[spoiler=Arena/Apartment Maps]First Floor
Second Floor
Third Floor
Fourth Floor
Fifth Floor

[spoiler=City Maps]Top Level
Middle Level
Lower Level

[spoiler=Combat]There will be combat somewhat often in this RP. Most of it will be Player Vs Player stuff. How it will work is that, once a day, the fighters will be able to challenge another to a battle. Battles must be registered by the hour (Say a battle at noon, 1 PM, etc.) and both sides must agree to it.
Alternatively they may put themselves on the list for the day’s random battles and, every hour, they will be set up with a random opponent from the list.
Fighters won’t get to choose the battlefields at first, as they all are random, but, as the fighters experience new battlefields they will, if both sides agree, be able to choose the battlefields they already fought in.
As to the combat itself. Each fighter has 1000 HP and attacks do varying damage. You can either agree on damage attack by attack, or after a post, or however you feel comfortable. Alternatively you can have me decide how much damage is dealt by each attack. For reference an average punch would do between 1-10 HP of damage. Once a fighter reaches 0 HP the battle ends.
There will be an option, when they become available, for fighters to equip a single “Ally Summon” (think Assist Trophy) for their battle.
Damage dealt during these battles are virtual. However it’s still possible to sustain injures if not careful.
How I expect the PvP to go is two ways. One is post by post. It will be slower but also easier to manage as I can jump in at any point with traps, judgements, etc. Otherwise you will be allowed to collab chunks of fights. but never too much at once unless I okay it.

I do want battles to not take too long and will speed things up if it's going too slowly. Keep in mind everyone is on the same time so a single battle lasting too long can hold everyone back.
There will also be Event Matches which I run and will be post by post unless I specify otherwise. These often will involve letting you write large chunks with the result being determined by how well/interesting you wrote.

[spoiler=Point System]Oh no, a point system in RP, what are you doing Cow?
Well it’s not really that complicated. Basically fights, be it PvP or combat events, and non-combat events, will grant your character points. Which they can use for...well many things. I will give a list of examples, and some of the more important things, that I threw together.
Winning a PvP match will give 60 points. While losing one gives 10 points.
[spoiler=Examples]Basic meals (No taste): -10/day
Familiar meals (basic food from home): -25/day
Supreme meals (amazing taste): -50/day
Basic massage: -10
Special massage: -25
Basic TV (News and History channels): -25/week
Deluxe TV (Most regular channels): -50/week
Magic TV (Anything you wish to watch: -100/week
Fairy assistant: -1000
Wish from Mauvache: -10,000
Windowed room: -50
Carnival trip: -50/hour
Doctor check-up: -50
Doctor treatment: Varies with severity of illness or injury
Dinner and Q/A With Mauvache: -200
Call home: -100/2 minutes
Trip to the apartment pool: -20/hour
Room cleaning: -200/room/day
Room temperature: -5/day to adjust temperature above or below average

Bar: Poor drink -5. Normal drink -10. Strong drink -20. Uber drink -50.

Ally Summons: Varies from summon to summon.
Magikarp Summon: -50. Infinite uses. When used, Magikarp splashes around for the rest of the battle.
Hob Summon: -100. 12 uses. When used, Hob, a special ram, appears and charges in a straight line towards the opponent. Dealing slight damage and knocking them down, stunning them for three seconds.
Cave Fungus Summon: -150. 10 uses. When used, summons a large fungus with tentacles within ten feet of the summoner. Can be destroyed but it will grapple any opponent within ten feet and constantly releases spores in a five feet radius. If caught in the spores, opponent will be disorientated.

Furniture: Varies
Lamp: -10
Large Bed: -50
Couch: -50
Armchair: -25
Table: -25
Stool: -10
Chair: -15
Bookshelf: -10
Television: -50
Gargoyle Statue: -100
Microwave: -150
Fridge: -150
Hot tub: -75 (2 person) -100 (3 person) -200 (5 person)
Potted Plant: Basic, -25. Deluxe, -50. Exotic, -100
Wallpaper: Solid color, -10. Pattern, -25. Unique, -75

Room size change: -150/-300/-600
Default: Has a bed, and a chest for clothes. Size, 6x9 feet.
First change: Can have 3 items/furniture in room. Size, 9x14 feet.
Second change: Can have 7 items/furniture in room. Size, 14x18
Third change: Can have 12 items/furniture in room. Size, 16x22

Extra room: After third expansion, can purchase new rooms. A regular, default, room is -50.
Bathroom (without shower): -200
Kitchen: -250
Shower: -50
Closet: -25
Walk-In Closet: -75
Laundry Room: -100
Balcony: -100

Pet Permit: -100
Fish: -50
Cat: -100
Dog: -150
Horse: -250
Other/Exotic: Varies

Cost for pet care (food, grooming, etc) varies depending on animal

Various restaurants and shops outside of the arena/apartments have fluctuating prices. Generally restaurants go from -20 per meal to -200. Shops vary greatly depending on wares.

Other forms of entertainment also varies in prices. From comedy shows, to plays, to concerts. Generally from -50 to -500.

The above listed are only examples. Anything not listed may be asked about and a price can be given.

[spoiler=Application]This is a bit...odd compared to other RPs. Basically I want you to copy the app your character, remember they must be from an RP on YCM that you can find the OOC and/or IC of, and paste it in your post.
However there are some changes I would like.
First, do not change the character itself much. Small changes, to explain, expand, or fix issues, is fine. But the characters must be the character from the RP. Any edits must be addressed somehow. Be it different text color, underline, or a note of what changed, and so on.
If there isn’t a Powers (or similar) section, put one in, and change up the powers to fit better with the combat explained previous. If help is needed you may ask and I will try and keep a close eye on this to balance the powers across the roster.
I would like an addition to the Biography/History section that explains the events that the character went through before being taken from their world. Summary of IC events they were part of and things after the RP ended that you wish to have happened would go here. You may have them taken at any point during the RP they are from, or after, even if you have to make up information (try and keep it consistent, however).

Please also add a link to the original RP (OOC and, if not linked in the OOC, IC, please)

Database

And there you have it folks. Go ahead and post your apps here. Any questions you may still have go ahead and ask.

Edit: To any wondering about the "Conditional". There will be 4 spots for characters that come in later. So it's okay to still post an app but know there's even less slots now and they'd have to wait if they were accepted.

Waiting To Be Added:

1. Hroki Windfall

Days IC: 5

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would characters who have yet to participate in an RP but are still present on YCM (such as Database entries) be viable for this? If not, I still have a few good picks, but I'd like to get a feel for just how many choices I have. That said, all the interest.

Interest CONFIRMED. Also quick question: Is it possible to adapt characters according to this setting? ie. if their abilities weren't clearly defined in their native RP and such.

Not fully sure what you mean but it sounds like you mean something like tweaking the abilities to actually make sense/fit in this kind of thing? Cause yeah that's fine to do. In fact I likely will let some minor tweaks of all parts of the app if needed.

Would characters who have yet to participate in an RP but are still present on YCM (such as Database entries) be viable for this? If not, I still have a few good picks, but I'd like to get a feel for just how many choices I have. That said, all the interest.

They'd have to had at least had a RP that they were going to be in. (Not accepted, but still decent, apps. Apps where the RP died before they joined. Apps where the player had to leave)

Not fully sure what you mean but it sounds like you mean something like tweaking the abilities to actually make sense/fit in this kind of thing? Cause yeah that's fine to do. In fact I likely will let some minor tweaks of all parts of the app if needed.

They'd have to had at least had a RP that they were going to be in. (Not accepted, but still decent, apps. Apps where the RP died before they joined. Apps where the player had to leave)

I also just realized the character in question that I wanted to use is from an RP whose original threads were deleted because that was a year ago. I still have all the stuffs on hand, but if you'd rather more recent/recognizable stuff be used that's totally cool.

I also just realized the character in question that I wanted to use is from an RP whose original threads were deleted because that was a year ago. I still have all the stuffs on hand, but if you'd rather more recent/recognizable stuff be used that's totally cool.

Rather, yes, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Also there are still RPs from that long ago if you change the....this thing https://i.gyazo.com/74e4504238a918644ba267d9ec207c2a.png

to look back farther (or search the RP name)

you know I'm in

Use Morgan Penn. Trust me.

Guess I should post formal interest and stuff here.

Also I'm kinda curious how you envision the balance of fighting/action and slice of life type stuff at this point.

Well there will be a limited amount of times people can do fights per day, and the rest of the time the characters will be able to explore places, interact, experience events, and meet NPCs. Maybe even uncovering mysteries.

Nice, definitely interested. My only concern is that my character will basically have to be from Cherry Heart, since all the other RPs I've been in aren't really high-power combat ones.

Don't be so sure, you'd be surprised at how it can be made to work~

Keep in mind that Olimar can fight Ganondorf in Smash Brothers

Oh, cool premise. I have been thinking in giving another try to RP again lately, and this got my interest. Can I bring one of my characters from a YCM RP that is like 3 years old now? Of course, I would bring him older and powered up to be worthy of fighting at the arena.

Oh, cool premise. I have been thinking in giving another try to RP again lately, and this got my interest. Can I bring one of my characters from a YCM RP that is like 3 years old now? Of course, I would bring him older and powered up to be worthy of fighting at the arena.

You can indeed. But I would like to be able to see the RP in question as well so if you can find it that'd be nice. Otherwise you'd need to write out a summary of what it was.

You can indeed. But I would like to be able to see the RP in question as well so if you can find it that'd be nice. Otherwise you'd need to write out a summary of what it was.

reasonably certain he is referring to this fellow.

Which would make for a total of like 3 CS characters, which is actually pretty hilarious.

Hilarious enough that I might just go a different direction with my character, for the sake of diversity

reasonably certain he is referring to this fellow.

Which would make for a total of like 3 CS characters, which is actually pretty hilarious.

Hilarious enough that I might just go a different direction with my character, for the sake of diversity

Are they different CS RPs? Like from a reboot? Cause that could still work because they'd still be from different worlds

and yes one character...also 8 slots at first

Are they different CS RPs? Like from a reboot? Cause that could still work because they'd still be from different worldsand yes one character...also 8 slots at first

it's complicated. Nai and I ended up making a ton of IC references in the second one that implied the first was canon, or at least a past extremely similar to the original.

Archived