Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

RP Smash [OOC/Conditional Acceptance/PG-16]

- - - - - Crossover Slice of Life Action A CowCow RP

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,701 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:26 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Oh that's fine, I can understand not wanting overlapping characters. In my excitement to join, I forgot to check what the other players brought to the table. In fact, I have found another one of characters that I believe would fill a role not yet filled by the others: a big brutish warrior with a big axe. Here's a different character, which I got from this RP:

Hroki Windfall

I'd imagine having a brutish, masculine and simple character making an interesting foil to all the feminine and animeish characters already in the roster. Also, since he is from a more traditionally fantasy/D&D setting, we could play off the differing tropes between Eastern and Western storytelling. Let me know what you think.

I don't mind waiting. All of the other RPs are already full and not accepting under any circumstances, so either way I have to wait.

The only things that concern me about it are some awkward wording/grammar and
We'd have to figure out how the aura would work in this RP since it probably will need edits.

But I can say that I will be putting him on the reserve at least.

8PBUpdp.gif

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

Remember to stay Big Money!

• Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 03:21 PM
I can easily reword stuff to bring it up to snuff, as well as modify anything you feel needs to be changed to fit the setting. I just kept it in it's original state as that's what the rules said to do. I can definitely see places where I can improve, especially his personality. My image of Hroki likely changed halfway through making the application!

I imagined his powers acting a lot like how Lucario's does in Smash, where the more he gets hit, the harder he hits. The differences are in the specials, which would be mostly used to get within striking distance and stagger foes, and the aura protecting himself and his allies.

AAAAAAND POST!

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,701 posts

I can easily reword stuff to bring it up to snuff, as well as modify anything you feel needs to be changed to fit the setting. I just kept it in it's original state as that's what the rules said to do. I can definitely see places where I can improve, especially his personality. My image of Hroki likely changed halfway through making the application!
I imagined his powers acting a lot like how Lucario's does in Smash, where the more he gets hit, the harder he hits. The differences are in the specials, which would be mostly used to get within striking distance and stagger foes, and the aura protecting himself and his allies.

Thing with luc is the damage scales up. In this there's a set hp that once you reach 0 you're out. So we'd need to figure out when and how much the increase happens and is.

8PBUpdp.gif

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts
Ah, I see how that would need working out. Would you want to start working on the details now, or later when you are looking to add new characters to the cast?

AAAAAAND POST!

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,701 posts

Ah, I see how that would need working out. Would you want to start working on the details now, or later when you are looking to add new characters to the cast?

Sooner would be good but it's no rush

8PBUpdp.gif

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts

Here's the edited version of my application. I fixed his personality to be more in line of how I see him today, added descriptions of his main weapon, as well as quantifying most of his abilities.

Hroki Windfall V2

EDIT: Edited to remove strong mind-affecting aura.

AAAAAAND POST!

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,701 posts

My main issue on first pass is the whole "Forcing people to want to fight melee and changing their mentality" thing. Since that could basically mean that several of the ranged/magic users would not be able to win against him.

8PBUpdp.gif

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts
I see how that could be an issue. I was thinking in D&D terms, where characters have something called "saving throws" which represent their character's ability to resist harmful effects such as mind control. Since Hroki is an entirely melee character with no recourse against characters who can stay out of reach, I thought that this may be a solution that is mostly true to my original vision for the character.

This is not to say that I intended this ability to be an attempt to control other characters. At first it would only be an inkling that most characters can be easily ignored, but may manifest as overconfidence later as the effects become more pronounced. Characters who rely entirely on the ranged abilities would not lose their rational thought and would stay away, but characters who could mix it up in melee might feel more inclined to do so. Personally, it might be interesting to see what kind of mental gymnastics a character does to resist the effect.

I can understand if you feel this ability would be too much trouble. I could change it as the ability to throw his axe like a boomerang, but since this character is not obviously magical, I'd rather find a more down-to-earth answer to ranged combatants.

AAAAAAND POST!

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,701 posts

Well, there's the warcries still. You could work with that more for something like that. Plus keep in mind we have Xia who has a single ranged attack and it's a charge attack. And she has done fairly well so far.

8PBUpdp.gif

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts

Ah, if the ranged characters aren't causing so many issues for pure melee characters, I should be fine to remove the mind affecting aura. I will edit to reflect this.

EDIT: I have edited it. I kept the urge to fight in melee, but it does not go further than that. I replaced the strong mind effect with making everyone affected being able to ignore wounds. Also note that Hroki's aura applies the benefits to his opponents as well, as he wants to fight his opponents at their best.

AAAAAAND POST!

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,701 posts

It can stay as flavor but want to point out that battles in the Arena do not cause any severe pain nor does it cause injury.

At the moment seems fine if I think of an issue later I'll let you know.

8PBUpdp.gif

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts

Excellent!

...battles in the Arena do not cause any severe pain nor does it cause injury.

So I'm guess the violence is made PG with indefinable damage like Smash or Playstation All-Stars does, where even "blood and guts" characters like Kratos just impact enemies with their weapons instead of embedding them in their large intestine? Are characters used to gore see this as unusual or is it just something accepted without question like the fancy watches?

AAAAAAND POST!

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 11,701 posts

Excellent!

So I'm guess the violence is made PG with indefinable damage like Smash or Playstation All-Stars does, where even "blood and guts" characters like Kratos just impact enemies with their weapons instead of embedding them in their large intestine? Are characters used to gore see this as unusual or is it just something accepted without question like the fancy watches?

It's up to the individual

8PBUpdp.gif

ChampionZero

ChampionZero

I have the blood of Spartans and Legionaries! BRING IT!

• Advanced Members
  • 940 posts
    Last Visit Nov 13 2018 08:53 PM

HA! Oh my god, Cow, I just saw the resolved battle between Aria and Eli. That's actually a pretty funny mental image, dude. Clever.

"Semper Ad Meliora"

Always On To Greater Things

"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"

Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

If You Want Peace, Prepare For War

"Veritas Nunquam Perit"

Truth Never Dies

"Familia Ante Omnia"

Family Above All

"Non Desistas, Non Exieris"

Never Give Up, Never Surrender